• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polan

Smash Lord
I don't understand how people aren't figuring out the last fighter. It's really obvious if you put all the pieces together?

The end of the last fighter pass was Byleth. If you take that fact and subtract it by the square root of infinity, the last fighter is Byleth 2.
its just byleth but with a 2 over the render

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Alright, I think the fact that all I'm contributing at this point are aggressively unfunny jokes says that I should call it a night. That also means this is probably "goodbye" for me since I'm not too keen on hanging out here just waiting all day for the direct; I'd rather do something that doesn't build anxious anticipation while I wait. lol

I'm not sure if I'd describe the journey as a wild ride, but it was certainly an interesting one with many plot twists. I've had so much fun hanging out with you guys for the past...what is it? 2? 3? years I've been around? I feel like I've gone through an entire character ark in that time, though that might just be 'cuz 2020, and its sequel, 2021: Fun for None. Anyway, I'll see you guys next time, and I hope you all are content with the final result.

Also if the powers that be decide to make this cringe post even more cringey by only announcing the announcement, Imma have to type this post backward so I can take it back so I can actually make my final goodbye.

SnowClaws

Smash Apprentice
I was going to made a post before the E3 direct on the Sakurai's presentation air date for CP10 being June 30. Why, June 30? It is fifteen days after Nintendo E3 direct and fifteen days before the The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD. I use the fable amiibo theory to made that calculation, I was off by two days. I guess using amiibo theory on Metriod Dread which is released on Oct. 8, it is either going to be Sep 21 (Tues) or 23 (Thurs) before fifteen days or after fifteen days Oct 25 (Mon) or 27 (Wed) assuming the presentation air date is a odd number. Most presentations are even number date, so maybe Sep 20 (Mon) or 22 (Wed) or Oct 26 (Tues) or 28 (Thurs). This is just calculation and it all depend on the September direct if doesn't feature only just content from only one series like the Mario direct. Who knows maybe final character reveal at December.
I came back and I just want to said that my prediction during E3 manage to foresee a Nintendo Direct presentation at Sep 21 or Sep 23 rather than a fighter presentation. I am still way off though my prediction could be right as it depend on the fighter presentation airing after the direct.

Let's see 2-3 weeks after the direct, a fighter presentation potential air dates:
Even numbers - The second week is Oct 4 (Mon) or Oct 6 (Wed) and the third week is Oct 12 (Tues) or Oct 14 (Thurs)
Odd numbers - The second week is Oct 5 (Tues) or Oct 7 (Thurs) and the third week is Oct 11 (Mon) or Oct 13 (Wed)

Maybe this is all meaningless and the fighter presentation is on the Sep 27. Why, Sep 27? Well, of course, it is the third anniversary of Dragalia Lost and Euden already met some of Smash crews like :ultmegaman: :ultmarth: :ultchrom: and :ultjoker:. So, Euden is CP11. I just want a happy reunion that is all and some of the DL songs, musics or instrumental tracks to be in Smash. I hoped that DL series symbol is the Dragon featured in the Alberian Banner as it was use as a series representation in some promotional trailers for the game and in this Persona 5 Strikers promotional art.

Anyways, whoever is CP11, I won't be upset, disappoint, and sad if the character isn't what I wanted. I am open minded person as along as the fighter has a interesting soundtracks, obscure reference materials toward their own main series or spin-off, a gimmick unique to them, a couple of or a few one-liner (if they can talked) and a finisher that either looked silly or brutal when it is executed.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wait does Max Dood claim to know the final fighter or something? I've seen people talking about him a lot. For some reason he's the last person I'd expect to go public about knowing something like that lol
I hope he doesn't know or is wrong. It would be a mass injustice for the world to be robbed of a final blind reaction video from him. lol

He also doesn't scream into his mike either. Big points for him there.

Baba

Smash Journeyman
One of the replies to that /v/ thread pointed out that Sakurai hasn't retweeted the direct yet. But it's not like he has to do it before a set time or anything.
The same logic could be turned on its head. They usually temper our expectations and say things like "There will be no further character announcements" blah blah blah.

They know people expect Smash. If it wasn't going to be there at all, Sakurai probably would have said something.

I'm still in the camp that thinks we're just getting the date for a final presentation though so who knows.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Judging by the extensive profanity and forbidden-from-society words present in the replies, it's more fake than... more fake than...

Dammit, what's a good analogy for this?
Its so fake, it actually passes through being true and then into being fake again. And I know that it doesnt make sense.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I hope he doesn't know or is wrong. It would be a mass injustice for the world to be robbed of a final blind reaction video from him. lol

He also doesn't scream into his mike either. Big points for him there.
If it's like what happened with Jwittz and The Completionist when they knew about Cloud early in Smash 4, it's likely Alpharad and Max got to see the reveal trailer early, and were able to record reactions to that

They upload their reaction when the character is publicly known

Also yeah thinking about it, If they are apparently flying out Youtubers to see CP11's reveal trailer early, I'm betting at the very least the character is very exciting, I have an idea what could be very enticing

Shroob

Sup?
If it's like what happened with Jwittz and The Completionist when they knew about Cloud early in Smash 4, it's likely Alpharad and Max got to see the reveal trailer early, and were able to record reactions to that

They upload their reaction when the character is publicly known

Also yeah thinking about it, If they are apparently flying out Youtubers to see CP11's reveal trailer early, I'm betting at the very least the character is very exciting, I have an idea what could be very enticing
Does the character start with S, and end with W?

:4pacman:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Does the character start with S, and end with W?

:4pacman:
To be Honest, What I was thinking was either

-Shadow

-Waluigi

-Both Shadow and Waluigi

-Or Apparently what's being hinted at by Discord Insiders: Fortnite Character with Alt Skins. Seeing as how we know Max and Alpharad know the character, It's likely people in the deep corners also know, so this might be what it is, which is something

Shroob

Sup?
To be Honest, What I was thinking was either

-Shadow

-Waluigi

-Both Shadow and Waluigi

-Or Apparently what's being hinted at by Discord Insiders: Fortnite Character with Alt Skins. Seeing as how we know Max and Alpharad know the character, It's likely people in the deep corners also know, so this might be what it is, which is something
I haven't seen anyone talk about Fortnite.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Watch it be a Capcom character and it's Firebrand

View attachment 331197

Hey, if Kazuya can get in while Heihachi's a costume, surely he can get in while Arthur's a costume, right?
Demon's Crest is a certified GOOD GAME tm, so I'd be down for his inclusion. Granted, from a music standpoint, he'd only be okay.

Shroob

Sup?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Probably 50-centers. Remember how it got leaked through court docs in the Epic Games lawsuit that Samus was almost a Fortnite skin but it got scrapped? If anything that would be very strong evidence against a Fortnite character.
I'm willing to bet that Nintendo did genuinely think over putting their stuff in Fortnite but didn't because they are far too protective over their IPs but I imagine that they want to keep a friendly relationship with Epic Games, so having a FN character in Smash would be a great cross promotional tool that benefits both parties. And the recent Magic the Gathering collab proves that epic is willing license out their stuff without necessarily getting stuff in.

Last edited:

ryuryunonoroi

Smash Apprentice
I'm willing to bet that Nintendo did genuinely think over putting their stuff in Fortnite but didn't because they are far too protective over their IPs but I imagine that they want to keep a friendly relationship with Epic Games, so having a FN character in Smash would be a great cross promotional tool that benefits both parties. And the recent Magic the Gathering collabs proves that epic is willing license out their stuff without necessarily wanting stuff in.
Well I certainly hope this isn't the case and these "discord insiders" are just paid decoy shills. There aren't very many possible picks for CP11 that would get me upset, but a Fortnite character is one of the few that actually would piss me off.

Shroob

Sup?
Well I certainly hope this isn't the case and these "discord insiders" are just paid decoy shills. There aren't very many possible picks for CP11 that would get me upset, but a Fortnite character is one of the few that actually would piss me off.
.......You... really think Nintendo's out here with moles in the fanbase trying to get us off the trail, don't ya?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
.......You... really think Nintendo's out here with moles in the fanbase trying to get us off the trail, don't ya?
I mean...
I MEAAAAAAN...

You saw what the Nintendo Ninja did to that 3Ds Hacker, following him all day for weeks, learning all about his schedule, online presence and more, and getting ready to approach him in Real life

osby

Smash Obsessed
taking notes

Yeah, that'd be absolutely ridiculous. By the way, just asking out of curiosity: Fellow gamer, can you tell me your Switch ID and whether have you ever downloaded a Nintendo Switch family of systems game illegally?

Shroob

Sup?
I mean...
I MEAAAAAAN...

You saw what the Nintendo Ninja did to that 3Ds Hacker, following him all day for weeks, learning all about his schedule, online presence and more, and getting ready to approach him in Real life
That I can believe.

I'm not gonna believe rando Gamefaqs users with actual profiles they use and actively at that for years are secretly Nintendo sleeper agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom