• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
I think Jill Dozer counts as geomancy, the only difference being that it is tech, and not a metaphysical biological power.
And the same goes for Balloon Fighter and air- as would it go for a large part of the gimmick Ring Fit Adventurer would likely employ, with sucking and blowing.

Something I learned from this exercise- a lot of moves in the game could be considered elemental. Villager's tree, Peach's turnips- earth. King K Rool's gun, Dedede and Kirby sucking, Metaknight's Tornado, Steve's glider- all air. Lightning and Fire are clear, especially the latter.

I really don't think it would help SMT out to propagate the idea that it is the same series as Joker.
It doesn't necessarily do that. People were saying they'd like Phoenix Wright to have a trailer where Joker is facing trial for stealing an invitation, and nobody's implying Ace Attorney and Persona are the same series. It would just be cool to tie the first and final trailers together.

It wouldn't matter anyway, because Sakurai would 100% say that they're both parts of Megami Tensei during the Sakurai Presents, he even mentioned it in his Persona 4 anniversary post.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
On the subject of elemental abilities, say we had an elemental pass. Who would be your picks for:
  • The Pyromancer
  • The Hydromancer
  • The Geomancer
  • The Aeromancer
  • The Cryomancer
  • The...uh...electricity doesn't really have a prefix does it?
The characters don't have to be casters, they just have to have the element associated with them. Example characters from the game itself would be Roy, Squirtle, uh...Steeeeve?, none of them, Ice Climbers, and Pikachu. A character does not count if they use a few different elements equally, even if one of their moves is iconic (PK Fire is very notable, but doesn't count as a motif for the character). For the sake of clarity, plant based abilities don't count as earth, and if a "water" mage mostly uses ice spells, they count as ice and not water (if they use both the same amount then...take your pick I guess).

Hard Mode: None of them can be a Pokémon.
Impossible Mode: None of them can come from groups where everyone is themed after an element, so no Blades, Skylanders, Rivals (of Aether), etc.
This is gonna be tricky. Hm...

No further elaboration necessary,
Honestly, Chaos 0 is the only one that comes to mind. Kinda like pretty much everybody else here. Although it just now occurred to me that Lulu from WarioWare uses a water gun, so maybe that could be just barely enough?
My most wanted character, Senran Kagura's Asuka, has quite a few earth-based attacks in the main hack-and-slash games, such as causing tremors and digging into the ground. And I'm gonna leave it at that before I wind up taking up the post with my adoration of the series.
Tingle utilizes balloons a lot. Maybe that could translate to some form of aeromancy?
I honestly can't think of anyone major beyond Sub-Zero.
If we get more Street Fighter characters down the line, I think it'd be a pleasant surprise if Blanka were to make some sort of surprise appearance.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
As far as the Nickelodeon title, unfortunately there's still no sign of any of the Avatar the Last Airbender characters, including Sokka.

It figures, the one time we want an anime swordsman in a platform fighting game, and he's nowhere to be found.
Well, there's my dude Leonardo. I do think the Avatar and TMNT casts could have a ton of dope characters, Zuko, Katara, Toph, Shredder, Krang, Casey, April, Azula.

Aang and Korra got leaked, and there's a pretty solid chance Don and Raph are in, since the bros are a set.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
there's still no character on the roster with a healing OR invisibility mechanic. or reversing controls, or portals, or ai summons or duplication. Or even a wall climb, the closest thing we have is wall jumps and wall clings but its not a true shimmy

I just hope the next char's dlc gimmick is something that hasn't been done before
Well, I for one, would like to say reversing controls would be too annoying to deal with.

But wall climbs could go to a lot of ninja characters like Strider or Hayabusa. Arguably Mega Man X and Zero if they're wall jumps were to work exactly like the MMX titles.

Speaking of those two, I still say proper air-dash would be cool, though there's also Sol or Morrigan that could use that mechanic as well.

Morrigan's also a duplication move too. Mega Man X has Soul Body and Zero's got Sogenmu. Not that I'd expect any of them to use it in this game. But Dark Samus could have used it for a move if they felt like making her more unique later on.

Robin's got a life steal, and Hero has a healing spell, though not exactly a main gimmick of either character. Maybe if there's a particularly popular healer character? Not sure I'd want to deal with that. Portals would be dope, at least visually.
On the subject of elemental abilities, say we had an elemental pass. Who would be your picks for:
  • The Pyromancer
  • The Hydromancer
  • The Geomancer
  • The Aeromancer
  • The Cryomancer
The characters don't have to be casters, they just have to have the element associated with them. Example characters from the game itself would be Roy, Squirtle, uh...Steeeeve?, none of them, Ice Climbers, and Pikachu. A character does not count if they use a few different elements equally, even if one of their moves is iconic (PK Fire is very notable, but doesn't count as a motif for the character). For the sake of clarity, plant based abilities don't count as earth, and if a "water" mage mostly uses ice spells, they count as ice and not water (if they use both the same amount then...take your pick I guess).

Impossible Mode: None of them can come from groups where everyone is themed after an element, so no Blades, Skylanders, Rivals (of Aether), etc.
Sol uses Fire so I guess him.
Cryomancer for sure should be Sub-Zero.
Isaac for the Rock Guy.
Fujin for wind.
Jin for electricity, if you really think about it.
Rain for Water.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
  • The Pyromancer
  • The Hydromancer
  • The Geomancer
  • The Aeromancer
  • The Cryomancer

• Fire: Cinder (Killer Instinct)
  • Water: Chaos (Sonic)
  • Earth: Bouldergeist (Mario)
  • Air: Don't know?
  • Ice: Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)
  • Electric: Rajang (Monster Hunter)

Gengar84

Smash Hero
  • The Pyromancer
  • The Hydromancer
  • The Geomancer
  • The Aeromancer
  • The Cryomancer

Pyromancer - Zegram Ghart (Rogue Galaxy)
Hydromancer - Impa (Hyrule Warriors)
Geomancer - Isaac (Golden Sun)
Aeromancer - Air Man (Mega Man)
Cryomancer - Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)
Electric User - Magus (Chrono Trigger)

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It doesn't necessarily do that. People were saying they'd like Phoenix Wright to have a trailer where Joker is facing trial for stealing an invitation, and nobody's implying Ace Attorney and Persona are the same series.
The first Ace Attorneys didn't have Shin Megami Tensei in their title though, hence why people don't think that.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Love the unanimous agreement on Sub-Zero as the hypothetical Cryomancer

but let’s not forget…
Shang Tsung would be a based Necromancer

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Love the unanimous agreement on Sub-Zero as the hypothetical Cryomancer

but let’s not forget…
Shang Tsung would be a based Necromancer
Not really?

He summons skulls as projectiles, but that's about the extent of how far his gamelay goes when it comes to dead stuff.

You probably mixed him up with Quan Chi because Shang Tsung is more of a shapeshifter than a necromancer :p

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Not really?

He summons skulls as projectiles, but that's about the extent of how far his gamelay goes when it comes to dead stuff.

You probably mixed him up with Quan Chi because Shang Tsung is more of a shapeshifter than a necromancer :p
Quan Chi works too
Shinnok while we’re at it

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
  • The Pyromancer
  • The Hydromancer
  • The Geomancer
  • The Aeromancer
  • The Cryomancer

I'm gonna just cheat and pick Din from Oracle of Seasons for all of them.
Definitely an Oracle, Uh OH.png

Combine her dancing around with control of the seasons and she can mancy all the seasonal elements or whatever. The fires of the sun, the water and ice of spring and winter, winds of fall, etc.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
You fools
I have a game with ALL the -mancers!

Well, most of them at least lol

Fire - Pyromancer (check)
Death - Necromancer (nope)
Storm - Diviners (nope, but have some correlation to Hydromancers through water and storms and whatnot)
Myth - Conjurers (nope)
Life - Theurges (nope)
Balance - Sorcerers (nope)
Ice - Thaumaturges (yes, technically because Cryomancers - ice, hail, etc) TECHNICALLY, however, Thaumaturge is also a universal name for a general wizard no matter the type of spells one practices. "workers of miracles" if you will.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh yeah the Yoshi game that looked like a handcrafted world. Three things:
1. I need to beat Crafted World someday.
2. The NA release for this game was in October the same year as the other regions. Why? No idea.
3. I actually wish the Woolly World stage would have come back. It's the only stage I am baffled by its exclusion.
Regarding 3, I think that was because it used too many particle effects for the switch or something idk

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
  • The Pyromancer
  • The Hydromancer
  • The Geomancer
  • The Aeromancer
  • The Cryomancer

Pyromancer:
-Bomberman

Hydromancer:
-Azura (Fire Emblem)

Geomancer
-Mary. O (Mario Maker)
-Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight)
-Mr. Resetti (Animal Crossing)

Aeromancer:
-Lark (Pilotwings)
-Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight)
-Pidgey (Pokémon)

Cryomancer:
-Ashe (League of Legends)

Electromancer:
-Lana (Hyrule Warriors)

Bonus: Necromancer:
-Kass (The Legend of Zelda)
-Kilton (The Legend of Zelda)

Bonus: Elemental Groups:
-Champions (The Legend of Zelda)

Gengar84

Smash Hero
It would be really nice if we got more users of elements other than Fire. We have tons of fire elemental characters and most other elements only have one or two characters. I’ve always been partial to ice element so I’d love someone other than just Ice Climbers, whether that be Sub-Zero, Glacius, Arthas, or Sneasel.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
  • The Pyromancer
  • The Hydromancer
  • The Geomancer
  • The Aeromancer
  • The Cryomancer
Pyromancers - Fire Skylanders
Hydromancers - Water Skylanders that don't use ice-based attacks
Geomancers - Earth Skylanders
Aeromancers - Air Skylanders that don't attack with thunder
Cryomancers - Water Skylanders that do use ice-based attacks
Electricity Users - Air Skylanders that do attack with thunder

:4pacman:

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
  • The Pyromancer
  • The Hydromancer
  • The Geomancer
  • The Aeromancer
  • The Cryomancer
Pyromancer: Firebrand [Gargoyle’s Quest]
The Hydromancer: Bub/Bob [Bubble Bobble]
The Geomancer: Garchomp [Pokemon]
The Aeromancer: Rashid [Street Fighter]
The Cryomancer: Sub-Zero [Mortal Kombat]
The Electromancer: Crono [Chrono Trigger]

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I noticed something kind of strange about a lot of my most wanted characters. I’ve always generally preferred Japanese games to western ones but most of my most realistic most wanted characters are actually western. I think it’s likely because I tend to prefer side characters or villains in Japanese games over the main protagonists in general.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I think whoever the final character is should have a World of Light reveal trailer with that character killing both Galeem And Dharkon at the same time.
Ayo it might be too late for that

Sephiroth OHKO'd Galeem after all the fighters were rescued from capture and tried to take him on solo.

Dharkon's still alive, though :yoshimelee:

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
  • The Pyromancer
  • The Hydromancer
  • The Geomancer
  • The Aeromancer
  • The Cryomancer

The Pyromancer: Sol Badguy
The Hydromancer: Mipha
The Geomancer: Matthew
The Aeromancer: Klonoa
The Cryomancer: Sub-Zero
The Electromancer: Pulseman

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Lol. Seriously though, I think Sora is the perfect character to finally finish off the literal embodiment of darkness.
Hmm, you got a point.

I'll do you one better.

Dharkon's ALREADY been defeated, but Sora saves Cloud and the gang from Sephiroth...

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Imagine Waluigi doing that. Knowing Sakurai, I could see him pulling that off.
Both Galeem and Dharkon lose to Waluigi first because he throws down the Dueling Glove, therefore challenging them (see, he didn't get in Smash Bros before because he didn't throw down the Mario Party Dueling Glove). First you see the Dueling Glove laying there, then they turn and see Waluigi!

WALUIGI CRASHES THE PARTY!

Then after a gameplay montage, it is thanks to Mario Party random chance BS that Galeem and Dharkon are both thwarted as is everyone else. I dunno, maybe Waluigi rolled a 10 on the dice block and it made his attack stupidly strong? Anyhow, Waluigi rises into the sky and is told "YOU ARE THE SUPER STAR!"

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
  • The Pyromancer
  • The Hydromancer
  • The Geomancer
  • The Aeromancer
  • The Cryomancer
  • Pyromancer - Arvis
  • Hydromancer - Mipha
  • Geomancer - Isaac
  • Aeromancer - Revali
  • Cryomancer - Sub-Zero
  • Electromancer - Galvantula

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
I had a bizarre dream that Chell was added to Smash, and her moveset was pretty cool. Her neutral special was punting a cube with the portal gun. She had a down special that created a turret. I think her side special and some of her normals created portals on the stage everyone could traverse.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I had a bizarre dream that Chell was added to Smash, and her moveset was pretty cool. Her neutral special was punting a cube with the portal gun. She had a down special that created a turret. I think her side special and some of her normals created portals on the stage everyone could traverse.
She does technically have a Nintendo appearance

^Multi-platform.

Also, Portal as a series has a game on the Switch:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
She does technically have a Nintendo appearance

^Multi-platform.

Also, Portal as a series has a game on the Switch:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom