• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Now, here's a new question: Once we get all of the DLCs added to the game, what would its tier list be like? I know for sure that Little Mac would be the lowest tier, maybe even his own tier named after himself.
I don't know if there is going to be a tier list for a while because the competitive community has been hampered by both the scandals and the coronavirus.

Technomage

Smash Champion
I don't know if there is going to be a tier list for a while because the competitive community has been hampered by both the scandals and the coronavirus.
Ah, I forgot the scandals; yeah, I guess that could be a not-so-minor obstacle.

On the other hand, I thought we've done plenty of work on the virus pandemic to make it much less of an issue (such as less quarantining).

MattX20

Smash Hero
I think it can be widely agreed that the most likely time for FP11's reveal will probably be with the September general direct this year since Directs are back on full force. Earliest potential time is August, but I'm leaning more towards a September reveal and release

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master

Vergeben has responded even since he incorrectly guessed Master Chief for Smash. (ATM)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don’t see CP11 being revealed in a direct unless they announced more DLC on the way, which I don’t see happening at this rate. I think they’ll do a Smash 4 styled Final Video Presentation where they reveal and go in depth on that character and give a final retrospective.
IF the bonus space on the eShop is one more Individual DLC character a la Piranha Plant, they could be shown off there too. Again, BIG ASS IF.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Honestly here's my take on CP11

I think that there's a better chance we'll get a standalone direct, followed by a thank you note from Sakurai (Assuming CP11 is it)
I think it sort of is 50/50 between first and third party.
I am, however, thinking of more third party than first party options.
I won't 100% deny or truly believe the bonus fighter theory until something official is or isn't announced.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I want to believe Splatoon (specifically 2/Octo Expansion) fits Second Chance Theory myself

ARMS and XC2 are also Switch games… and so is Splatoon 2. All first parties for DLC, including Byleth but excluding Piranha Plant have had a Switch focus

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I'm quite certain pinning message aren't a thing on this board, but if they were, I'd like to pin a list of each series that could fit Second Chance Theory.

Off the top of my head I can think of:
Undertale
Sonic
Resident Evil
Splatoon 2
Zelda (maybe..?)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm quite certain pinning message aren't a thing on this board, but if they were, I'd like to pin a list of each series that could fit Second Chance Theory.

Off the top of my head I can think of:
Undertale
Sonic
Resident Evil
Splatoon 2
Zelda (maybe..?)
If you want to add previous smash installments, Rhythm Heaven (4; Tekken was also considered for 4 and revisited one game later) and Famicom Detective Club (64 + Melee)

there’s also the Dixie/Kiddy duo and possibly Plusle & Minun from Brawl but the former’s a tag team duo and the latter more akin to Ice Climbers than Duck Hunt or Banjo & Kazooie and that may be a nightmare for 8 Player Smash

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Now, here's a new question: Once we get all of the DLCs added to the game, what would its tier list be like? I know for sure that Little Mac would be the lowest tier, maybe even his own tier named after himself.
That’s such an impossible question to answer. While balance patches have slowed down in terms of radical changes, they still happen and can be quite impactful like the Wario nerf. We also have no idea how good Kazuya and CP11 will be and how they effect the meta. People are still figuring out the rest of FP2 due to COVID hurting offline results. While all four appear viable, how good some of them are is up for debate.

If the does not shift too much, Joker seems like he will still be really good. Pythra seems to be very strong from her initial results as well.Those two and Sephiroth seem to be the most viable dlc character so far. I’m of the opinion that the only unviable one is Plant though. Banjo is low key underrated, Hero is solid too. Byleth is probably the second worst dlc character in terms of viability especially if Leo drops the character for Pythra which seems relatively likely rn.

inksaver

Smash Rookie

Gengar84

Smash Hero
If we get a Resident Evil character, I’m really hoping it’s Nemesis. I like the protagonists too but Nemesis just seems like he would make a more interesting Smash character and better represent the horror genre.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
If we get a Resident Evil character, I’m really hoping it’s Nemesis. I like the protagonists too but Nemesis just seems like he would make a more interesting Smash character and better represent the horror genre.
I'll do you one better
Actually no I can't, I was gonna jokingly say Lady Dimitrescu but as someone who hasn't played RE Village I wouldn't know if she could even work.

Let alone, I doubt Capcom would take that big of a risk and say "She'll make people horny and be popular, we can add her lol"
She wasn't even known to the public by the time FP2's content was decided on.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
If we're really going to do second chance theory, I'm shocked most people are avoiding Rhythm Heaven for this. It's a franchise Sakurai expressed interest in making a playable rep for in Smash 4.

volbound1700

Smash Master
On an unrelated note, I've been thinking over potential Capcom reps that could happen apart from Phoenix Wright and 2 names have come to mind: Morrigan from Darkstalkers and Amaterasu from Okami. I know some would say that Morrigan is too much for Smash (even though Bayonetta is arguably just as if not more so and comes from a series with a higher age rating), but that's not the case. And unlike Mai Shiranui, Morrigan's outfit doesn't need to be covered up much to work for CERO's standards. She was able to work in the Darkstalkers cartoon with a slightly modified design that de-emphasized her cleavage. That, and anyone who has played Okami will know that Amaterasu's got a ton to work with for a moveset, which was also used in Marvel vs Capcom 3
Resident Evil,
Little Mac can be very good if you pick the stages that have no cliffs (i.e. Fire Emblem Arena or Wii Fit Studio).

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
If we're really going to do second chance theory, I'm shocked most people are avoiding Rhythm Heaven for this. It's a franchise Sakurai expressed interest in making a playable rep for in Smash 4.
Chorus Kids, perhaps?
At least in my perspective, getting Karate Joe right after Kazuya might cause the "fighting" and "karate" themes to feel repetitive, if you understand what I'm referring to.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I definitely don’t think the last character will be another Fire Emblem character, I think Sakurai knows the backlash Corrin and Byleth got
Considering they still did Byleth despite Corrin's backlash and the characters were locked in when they could blissfully assume the reaction to Byleth was "hey look an axe", I don't think that's why we won't get more FE.

I also believe some sort of non-FE first party is most likely CP11. FP2 hasn't really thrown a bone to people who thought FP1 meant we'd get more third parties that are smaller in America/in general, and I bet getting the rights to Kazuya was like getting the rights to Mario due to Namco developing the game.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Found a 4chan leak concerning Monday's presentation.
I would've considered it a bit more seriously, but there's one thing that's bugging me about it
Well, have a look.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I would've considered it a bit more seriously, but there's one thing that's bugging me about it
Well, have a look.

Only mentions Lloyd’s Mii returning and no Tekken Miis but doesn’t name any other Miis? And if Jin was an echo you’d think he’d be revealed in the same trailer

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Well, have a look.

jin as an echo? Wait, is it normal jin or devil jin?

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well, have a look.

Yeah, no. I call BS on a Jin echo. That would've been shown off in Kazuya's trailer if that were the case.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
And THAT'S what tripped me up with this leak. I think it's very likely we will get Tekken Mii Costumes
They can't miss out on something like a Yoshimitsu swordfighter or even just a hat based on one of the animal characters. They just can't.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
This would be hilarious

Also, just realized something else that would hinder the odds fo a Jin echo happening.

Kazuya's presentation is only 40 minutes long. This would include Sakurai's intro, outro, bloopers, maybe 20-25 minutes combined for showing off his moves and stage combined, 2 minutes for the Mii Costume reveals.
I don't think you could squeeze in a Jin echo in there. Sakurai would have to show off Jin, too, hypothetically, for enough time.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Imagine getting mii costumes from your third party franchise- This post was written by the Banjo gang.

That wouldnt be a leak, its much more of an educated guess. Devil form could potentially be juiced up versions of smash attacks and i have seen some moveset speculation that believes Kazuya will be able to use his Rage art after a certain percent.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I don't think you could squeeze in a Jin echo in there. Sakurai would have to show off Jin, too, hypothetically, for enough time.
"I know we couldn't show him off in the trailer, but as an added bonus, this challenger pack comes with a bonus echo fighter, Jin Kazama. While Kazuya's moveset is focused on Tekken 7, you'll have to consider Tekken 3, where Jin copied his father's moves. He unlearned Mishima Karate in the story of Tekken, but in Smash...oh well! laughs"

Technomage

Smash Champion
Could we get a non-Namco costume? Or even an indie with an included music track? We’re kinda overdue for the latter

and PLEASE be a Brawler or Swordfighter this time…
I'd totally love to see a Premiium Mii Brawler costume of Freddy Fazbear, along with this song:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom