• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Something I do hope for with the next Smash game is more first party inclusions, but the thing is, Smash has a reputation of being a huge video game crossover now.

Sorry, just a random thought that has nothing to do with this conversation lol.
In an ideal world I hope for both alongside Everyone Is Here Again

but I’ve accepted next game will be a purge of a reboot and that breaks my heart…
Nearly two years since :nessecho: dropped and still no Spirit Event to go along with it. Maybe they figured a Mii Costume was good enough?
It just feels weird that Cuphead did but Undertale didn’t

this and the lack of non-Tsubasa TMS spirits are part of my many little nitpicks with Ultimate that keep it from being perfect

but eh it’s not like an Encore edition will happen ever haha

yes I am in mega depression mode again. ****. Idk what to do…

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
If they ever include the Miitopia Mii Maker stuff in the next Smash game, I honestly doubt that most anyone will ever hate the DLC costumes ever again. There’d still be some nitpickers, but you’d be able to make exact replicas of the characters the costumes are based off of. It’d be the best thing the franchise was granted since Snake showed up in Brawl.

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
Like I said, their appeal is very limited.

I may regret posting this and I don't mean to be negative or insulting towards any stereotype here. Please take it the right way. I am not insulting anyway. Differences are often cool.

I am going to point out Joker. Joker is the type that would appeal mostly to more hardcore gamers, fans of Anime, or Gothic type people. (I would say the fans of Anime probably #1). That covers maybe 30% of the gaming audience. The average person and older fans are likely not to be as attracted to the character. Casual Guys are not going to be attracted to the character like say Link or Masterchief. Casual Girl Gamers are not likely to be attracted to the character like say Isabelle or Pokemon characters. It is a very niche crowd in most global regions.

He doesn't have nostalgia playing in his court either like a character such as Sephiroth has. People growing up playing Nintendo systems have a 5% chance of even playing his game.

Outside of this thread, I have found literally no one that really were excited he made it. I don't see people complaining that much either. Let's move on though, I digress. I was just pointing out that Masterchief and Dixie Kong do not seem to match the trend. It is almost a "too good to be true" kind of link.

You guys are not going to make me overnight fall in love with Joker or his series. Sorry, we just have different tastes. No need to continue to dwell on it.
I get you man. I don't think I'd ever heard of Joker or even Persona at all before he was revealed for Smash. It may be popular, but it just isn't a thing in any of my usual social circles.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
  1. Zack was in Birth by Sleep
I’m so sleepy I read this as “Birth by Sheep”, and I instantly imagined a sheep lying in the grass outside a barn screaming something terrible and big farmer Jeffrey going “Oh come on Bessie. Come on you can do it come on” and then the sheep screams more and Jeffrey’s like “Look out ma! Here it cooooooomes” and then the sheep bleets out the mother of all screams and then Zack comes out of the sheep all wet, his spiky hair dripping and then he pulls out his sword and walks off as Jeffrey goes “Yeeeeeeehaaaaawwwww”

Anyway, Amy Rose is coming to Smash, y’all got an Ice Climbers spinny hammer glitch like Amy’s Sonic Adventure 1 move and y’all got Daisy’s dress glitch like Amy’s skirt. She’s getting in, trust me. If she shows up, I get money, Burger King, and even your souls. Ok maybe not that last one but a sheep giving loud and violent birth to a random one of my MWs, I willingly have that, just lay it in front of my house I’ll find it

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Some deals news.

Also a sequel to that wonderful calculator app!

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Anyway, Amy Rose is coming to Smash, y’all got an Ice Climbers spinny hammer glitch like Amy’s Sonic Adventure 1 move and y’all got Daisy’s dress glitch like Amy’s skirt. She’s getting in, trust me. If she shows up, I get money, Burger King, and even your souls. Ok maybe not that last one but a sheep giving loud and violent birth to a random one of my MWs, I willingly have that, just lay it in front of my house I’ll find it
I honestly can see your argument as valid af.

How do you think Sonic fans would react if we got Amy?

Edit: OH SNAP AMY WOULD ALSO FIT MARTIN'S PINK BACKGROUND FOR CP10 THEORY

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Uploader is openly saying in the comments they made it in Unity. Can't tell if they fessed up to it being fake really quick or if they never actually meant for it to be anything more than a fun art project.
Considering they posted it on /v/ under the title of something like "Doomguy playtest footage", it seems like they intended it to be a fake leak, but people were quick to point out how... **** it is, so they started backpeddling.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
🚨Challenger Approaching🚨 | 2020 Smash Community Sexual Misconduct  Allegations | Know Your Meme

And then after you get arrested, you'd be introduced to the next fighter!
High School Kid: He said something about wanting to "Smash my brother" and that's when we ran back inside the school to get the principal and then call the cops.
The last thing this thread needs is more jokes about that subject. This needs to be dropped or taken to the serious discussion board.

Shroob

Sup?
People always forget about Final Fantasy Explorers and the US version was announced in the same direct Cloud was.
That's what I meant when I said 'rhythm game', since I get that and theatrerhytm mixed up tbh.

I always remember it since it's part of the Max dood react vid where he says "They probably couldn't get Cloud."

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Something I do hope for with the next Smash game is more first party inclusions, but the thing is, Smash has a reputation of being a huge video game crossover now.

Sorry, just a random thought that has nothing to do with this conversation lol.
Well, you say that but would it surprise you to know what we’ve still had more first party additions than third. 9 if you don’t count Pyra/Mythra separate, 10 if you do, to a 7 count for 3rd parties. The spread’s even larger if you include echoes. And that’s without taking into account the veterans and that missed Brawl or even Melee and Brawl.

Not saying you’re wrong but it is worth pointing out what with all the 3rd party fever that’s been running high.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
So earlier epic martin told me that Pink isn't his other color for his theory anymore..

I wonder what it could be...?

Orange would be nice just for giggles

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
In an ideal world I hope for both alongside Everyone Is Here Again

but I’ve accepted next game will be a purge of a reboot and that breaks my heart…

It just feels weird that Cuphead did but Undertale didn’t

this and the lack of non-Tsubasa TMS spirits are part of my many little nitpicks with Ultimate that keep it from being perfect

but eh it’s not like an Encore edition will happen ever haha

yes I am in mega depression mode again. ****. Idk what to do…
I dont see how so sticker of Tsubasa is a big deal and this is coming from a TMS fan

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Aight y'all imma be gone for a while till the time of the Nintendo Direct, but I should be able to tune in to other E3 events before it. Might avoid the media the day before and of the Direct to avoid spoilers too.

So I'll see y'all on the other side.

And incase 10 and 11 both get revealed,
Ladies and Gents
It's been fun :)

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Orange would be nice just for giggles
You may not be disappointed 👀

Due note, Orange is one of a couple possible colors. So unlike last time, there's going to be other choices. I'd also post the color here, but I want to post them all grouped together.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So it could be within 5 days that Smash speculation will end. Honestly hopefully it will considering how dreadful Volume 2 has been.

7NATOR

Smash Master
So it could be within 5 days that Smash speculation will end. Honestly hopefully it will considering how dreadful Volume 2 has been.
Dreadful Speculation wise, Character wise, general waiting time, or combination of the 3?

ARandomFruit

Smash Journeyman
I know 358/2 is a different game from KH 1 but I thought KH 1 made it onto a Nintendo handheld. Am I correct or not?

I know that Cloud plays a decent role in KH 1 along with other FF characters.
While it isn't a port or anything there was Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded for the DS that had Cloud in it that people forget about.
I can't blame you if you saw it and thought it was a port though, it did have the regular Kingdom Hearts gameplay and the same worlds as KH1 so it could just be mistaken for KH1 but more pixelated if you ever saw anything of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom