• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Yeah is it bad?
I don't really care either way; just wanted to decipher it.

I know someone else said they’d prefer Kasumi get in, that’s not indicative of her chances either way
Ah, so Kasumi's still safe? Cool.

Visual novel representation? You know the deal.

View attachment 316019
Speaking of visual novels, I had an idea where Monika from Doki Doki Literature Club could have a trailer similar to the ones that Hero and Sephiroth got, but with her crushing both Galeem and Dharkon, and then taking their place as the big bad (complete with a World of Light expansion). It makes sense, due to her practically being a god in her game.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Do y'all think we'll get at least one more JRPG character?
I think there’s a decent chance; it’s such a massive & popular genre that there’s tons of choices there. Tales is still MIA & could show up as a fighter. Pokemon is always a possibility as well.

We could also see someone who’s technically JRPG but not really like 2B; Nier’s classified as a JRPG but it’s more of an action game IMO. But it would still count I guess lol

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I'm curious about something: Why did Koei give Kasumi a full-body suit as her new default outfit? Were they hoping it could increase her chances of appearing in Smash's roster?
Naw.

I THINK the whole deal with DOA6 was they were chasin eSports/broadcaster satiation or whatever until that blew straight up in their faces. Then they abused the bananas out of DLC with 4 Season Passes, each of which costing 100 dollars.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Naw.

I THINK the whole deal with DOA6 was they were chasin eSports/broadcaster satiation or whatever until that blew straight up in their faces. Then they abused the bananas out of DLC with 4 Season Passes, each of which costing 100 dollars.
$100

for ONE FIGHTER PASS?!

Koei Tecmo what the actual ****

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
$100

for ONE FIGHTER PASS?!

Koei Tecmo what the actual ****
Well there were four season passes, so it actually rang up to $400 for the whole shebang

But you got some characters, but it was mostly costumes. The DLC fighters for DOA6 are: Phase 4 (which might as well just be Kasumi), Nyotengu, Rachel, Mai Shiranui (for bad boys and girls), Kula Diamond and Tamaki. All but Tamaki and Kula were already characters in DOA5LR so people weren't super happy about that.

And costumes. Many of which were ALSO from DOA5LR or similar to them.

DOA5LR also went ridiculous with its DLC. Like, over a thousand dollars once all the costumes were added up I believe.

People need to talk to Koei Tecmo about DLC, and not exclusively about Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
New idea I got: If Kasumi were to be playable in Smash, should she utilize some of the weapons Hayabusa used in the NES NG games (such as shuriken) in her moveset, or would that be too insulting for him?

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
He only said “Koei Tecmo and Nintendo were in talks”. Could be for literally anything
Those "talks" could've been for basically any Koei Tecmo involvement with Nintendo's endeavors. Age of Calamity, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Trilogy, 3 Houses, etc.
Even we assume the talks between Nintendo and Koei Tecmo were 100% for Smash, those could have just been over Byleth's reveal trailer, seeing how Koei Tecmo had a hand in writing the dialogue for it.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
That doesn't help at all holy ****, no offence but that may be even more toxic to fight than 2 Min Mins without friendly fire
I mean, Wii Fit Trainer has healing moves and they aren't too bad.

I think for a character with a genuine healing move, that move would have to be limited like Banjo-Kazooie's Wonderwing. Like look at the Chosen Undead. Estus flasks are meant to be limited and they also make you vulnerable while trying to heal. So if you made it like 3 Estus Flasks, a healing percentage of around 20-30% and a 2 second casting window before the heal activates and a 1-2 second vulnerable period after the heal, that shouldn't be too bad.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok so

what are y’all’s non-Smash predictions for E3?

ill do mine, more focused on Nintendo than others

Xbox:
Uhhhh Tales of Arise? Idk what else

Sony:
FFVIIR Integrade and/or Part 2
again idk what else
I forgot they’re not there this year

Nintendo:
CP10 and possibly CP11. IF they announced more DLC or even an Ultimate Encore it would be here as well
More Splatoon 3 info
BOTW2 at last
Bayonetta 3 at last
Something Mario related
Something Kirby related
The triumphant return of F-Zero... I WISH at least
FE4 remake?
More D/P remake info as well as Legends and Unite
N64 and/or GC NSO
XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X DEFINITIVE EDITION PLEASE I BEG YOU NINTENDO AND MONOLITH
PROJECT X ZONE 3/A PXZ SUCCESSOR WITH MORE SMASH-APPEARING CHARACTERS I ALSO PLEAD OF YOU NAMCO AND MONOLITH

and last but certainly not least... THE SUPER SWITCH BABY NO I AM STILL NOT CALLING IT SWITCH “PRO”

...and still no Metroid Prime 4, bye

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Let’s have a bit of fun.
Name 5 assist trophies and 2 pokeballs you would want upgrade to playable and why.
Isaac
Krystal
Lyn
Takamaru
Waluigi

Gardevoir
Meowth

Sure feels like I’m back in the Brawl era again. They should have gotten in Smash a long time ago.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
But didn't Yasuda say " We’re waiting for our invite "? The wording tells me that it's Koei waiting for the invite, which practically says that Ryu Hayabusa and other Koei characters aren't gonna be in the roster.
Nah. He's a game dev that doesn't decide those things, saying he doesn't know of him being in.

If he's deconfirmed, then so is Crash, whose developer said functionally the same thing.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I mean, Wii Fit Trainer has healing moves and they aren't too bad.

I think for a character with a genuine healing move, that move would have to be limited like Banjo-Kazooie's Wonderwing. Like look at the Chosen Undead. Estus flasks are meant to be limited and they also make you vulnerable while trying to heal. So if you made it like 3 Estus Flasks, a healing percentage of around 20-30% and a 2 second casting window before the heal activates and a 1-2 second vulnerable period after the heal, that shouldn't be too bad.
WFT heals a smidge of health and has so much time in between Deep Breathing and Sun Salutation that it flatout isn't possible to sit back and heal, the idea suggested is a very defensive character who has reliable access to healing.

D

Deleted member

Do you think Ultimate will add at least one character from a genre with no playable representation yet?
What genres are left? Serious question; I can't think of more than a couple since a lot of genres are covered by Mario alone (Kart, Party, Golf, Baseball, etc). Yeah there are others that do them (Gran Tourismo, Crash Team racing, Madden) but 2 of those are too realistic (no real characters per se) and the other was a clone of Mario Kart (granted, its pretty much the only good clone, but a clone nonetheless).

Puzzle-Platformer? Whatever Hatsune Miku counts as (singing software?) Bullet Hell?

D

Deleted member

If he really had no clue, why would Yasuda opt to outright say "it's not happening" though?
People believe for the same reason people refused to let go of the Grinch Leak when every singer prominent leaker at the time called it out as fake before it was proven: Some people refuse to give up no matter what is said.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
What genres are left? Serious question; I can't think of more than a couple since a lot of genres are covered by Mario alone (Kart, Party, Golf, Baseball, etc). Yeah there are others that do them (Gran Tourismo, Crash Team racing, Madden) but 2 of those are too realistic (no real characters per se) and the other was a clone of Mario Kart (granted, its pretty much the only good clone, but a clone nonetheless).

Puzzle-Platformer? Whatever Hatsune Miku counts as (singing software?) Bullet Hell?
We don't have a rep from a FPS or a Visual Novel .

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Ok so

what are y’all’s non-Smash predictions for E3?

ill do mine, more focused on Nintendo than others

Xbox:
Uhhhh Tales of Arise? Idk what else

Sony:
FFVIIR Integrade and/or Part 2
again idk what else

Nintendo:
CP10 and possibly CP11. IF they announced more DLC or even an Ultimate Encore it would be here as well
More Splatoon 3 info
BOTW2 at last
Bayonetta 3 at last
Something Mario related
Something Kirby related
The triumphant return of F-Zero... I WISH at least
FE4 remake?
More D/P remake info as well as Legends and Unite
N64 and/or GC NSO
XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X DEFINITIVE EDITION PLEASE I BEG YOU NINTENDO AND MONOLITH
PROJECT X ZONE 3/A PXZ SUCCESSOR WITH MORE SMASH-APPEARING CHARACTERS I ALSO PLEAD OF YOU NAMCO AND MONOLITH

and last but certainly not least... THE SUPER SWITCH BABY NO I AM STILL NOT CALLING IT SWITCH “PRO”
Correction: Sony won't be there this year.

As for my predictions:
  • Xbox - this is partially a joke, but if the rumors turn out to be true, I could see them announcing their next acquisition here. Problem is, I don't know who...
  • Square Enix - maybe some more NES/SNES games getting remakes/remasters? That seems to be something they like doing now.
  • Nintendo - a bunch of stuff that people won't like because it's not insert dead IP here. Though I suppose they could announce stuff like whatever Next Level Games's first title under Nintendo's ownership is (new Punch-Out or StarTropics maybe).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh oops yeah Sony’s not there I forgot

and for Nintendo, I will bet that Metroid Prime 4 will STILL be absent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom