• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wouldn't Nightmare from Soulcalibur create complications if he were to be attempted to be implemented? iirc, Siegfried becomes Nightmare or something along those lines, as he was possessed.
I think it’s more the fact that SC is a 3D fighter like Tekken. If implementing the Z axis in Heihachi’s moveset was too difficult for Smash I imagine it’d be the same here

Technomage

Smash Champion
I think it’s more the fact that SC is a 3D fighter like Tekken. If implementing the Z axis in Heihachi’s moveset was too difficult for Smash I imagine it’d be the same here
Well, the other part of the difficulty was implementing Tekken's limb system, which Soulcaliber doesn't have.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I don't get this logic, tbh. Sakurai/Nintendo decides which characters are going to be added, not Bandai-Namco. Sure, they can refuse to add one but it seems weird going rejecting an offer because it would be favoritism when it's not even their idea in the first place.
Yeah it's not some pride thing, it's literally being too worried about favouritism even though they're woefully represented for a company with a character on the roster.

Wouldn't Nightmare from Soulcalibur create complications if he were to be attempted to be implemented? iirc, Siegfried becomes Nightmare or something along those lines, as he was possessed.
Not really and both of them split off later on anyway.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Off topic, but I think getting an 8th echo fighter would be great.
Imagine a full-capacity 8-player battle of all echoes.

Gooigi. That's where your Luigi's Mansion 3 Spirits went off to. They're waiting for Gooigi as a bonus echo with Waluigi, simultaneously bringing Luigi's Mansion 3 content to Smash and filling out Waluigi's spirit board.

Gooigi Kersplooshes Into Battle

Ivander

Smash Legend
No. Because in Soulcalibur 3 and 4, Nightmare is his own entity without the need for Siegfried. And besides, in Soulcalibur 5, he possesses a different body. He uses Raphael's body.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Gooigi. That's where your Luigi's Mansion 3 Spirits went off to. They're waiting for Gooigi as a bonus echo with Waluigi, simultaneously bringing Luigi's Mansion 3 content to Smash and filling out Waluigi's spirit board.

Gooigi Kersplooshes Into Battle
Wtf this actually makes sense.
Alternative to Gooigi: King Boo as an original fighter, but I digress.

Also, where is your pfp from?

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
A tales of rep is the most likely rep imo, do you guys agree or do you have confidence in someone else?
I'm pretty confident in Dark Souls getting some kind of content before the DLC cycle ends. Maybe Miis, maybe spirits, I don't know. I do think Tales is a real possibility, but Dark Souls has a few advantages in my opinion.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Heihachi appeared in 2D fighting games before so I think it's more likely that the limb system is what gives them trouble, given Smash uses less attack buttons than most others.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Wtf this actually makes sense.
Alternative to Gooigi: King Boo as an original fighter, but I digress.

Also, where is your pfp from?
my PFP is the amazing Brak hahahaha DON'T TOUCH ME

But yeah... Gooigi is inevitable. Give in to him. There is no escape. You will fight his coffee-flavored body.

LM3_GooigiArt.png

For real though, it would be a way like IF (GIGANTAMAX IF by the way) Nintendo is indeed promoting Assist Trophies for the final two (Shadow and Waluigi), they could go full-Nintendo and be "People might be disappointed that, unlike the previous DLC, the featured character is a playable version of something already in the game, so we included an echo for these last two free with the purchase of them"... how people would be upset about that I personally am not sure. But like yeah, just chuck in Metal Sonic and Gooigi, maybe include some music for them so that they're technically part of the pack and have them (Gooigi in particular) help fill out the spirit board and voila, there ya go.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
IF (GIGANTAMAX IF by the way)
You say that like expecting Master Chief after Steve and another hype bomb already happened in the same pass isn't a Gigantamax IF.

The closest I can expect to something like that anyway is Isaac having a Felix alt, not so you can pretend they never promoted an assist, but because he's the protagonist of the second Golden Sun and is basically an echo already.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Please call him Hayabusa we already got a Ryu in the roster this is confusing
Anyway uh

That costume was ALSO the bonus for FP2 in Smash...

...eh. Probably means nothing.

but I guess it’s also worth noting that Rex was also a costume for Link in BOTW...

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
A tales of rep is the most likely rep imo, do you guys agree or do you have confidence in someone else?
Maybe. I can't give anyone higher than a maybe anymore. That being said, I could see Lloyd or Yuri, or Velvet to a lesser extent. Tales is regarded highly when it comes to JRPGs, often being grouped in with Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest as the Big Three of JRPGs and getting conventions andanniversary livestreams dedicated to it. Regarding their individual strengths, Lloyd's been a decently popular Smash request, and Yuri was once so popular he had to be taken off the Tales popularity polls, so both can lay claim to being "The most popular Tales character" in different fandoms. Velvet isn't quite at their level yet, but Tales of Berseria was the most recent release when FP2 was finalized and was met with positive reception.

On the topic of Lloyd's Mii, I'm sorting those on a case-by-case basis. Each of those characters had their own merits and positives to being added and aren't inherently sitting above the other Miis in any sort of pecking order. Ultimately, there's more characters who will get the shaft that the ones who'll get added, and I'm not gonna go rock-brain mode and insist that Lloyd's absolutely 100% going to get Mii'd again. I'm also not gonna say "It will be Yuri because Lloyd has a Mii that hasn't come back yet;" If he gets in, it's by his own merits, not because the other major is predicted to be off the table.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Ah HAAAAAAAAAAA but I have my OWN summoning circle! Composed of all manner of dark magic and demonic sigils. A combination of electromagnetic energy fields and Goetian forces! Both unified field of consciousness and the devil himself are at play here!

MAY THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB BE SACRIFICED, ITS HEAD UPON A PIKE, AND ENTANGLE WITH MY EMOTIONALLY CHARGED STATE!

🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯View attachment 316010
🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯
You fool! That was a summon equals sign! You have brought about the end times!

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Do you think Ultimate will add at least one character from a genre with no playable representation yet?
Also possible. There's certainly no shortage of untapped genres; FPS, visual novel, beat-em-up, shoot-em-up, etc. Assuming you don't count Doctor Mario for being a clone and Cloud/Sephiroth for originating from a turn-based game, we can also count puzzle games and action-RPGs as well.

EDIT: Ah frick no Xenoblade's an ARPG so that doesn't count as unrepresented

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom