• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
You guys can choose to believe as you wish, but the facts line up to being in limbo, confirmed neither fake nor real. You can also attribute whatever you desire as to why I'm taking this stance, but I assure you it is merely because that is the factual stance, my previous one being that I believed it was real. I've been over the arguments all of you have just listed time and again, but I'm not here to defend the stance of it being real and never claimed to.

Could the timer be faked? Of course.

Could the simultaneous taunting be a mod? Totally.

Hell, I learned that modders could have just patched the whale in the background to just be transparent and thus it would seem like it was never there, and that's just to cover the slim chance that the footage just didn't start at the perfect cut timing to not feature the whale. Even graphical differences in the background and errors can be all explained.

I could argue about how Steve took as many years as he did to come to fruition, and thus we can't rule out content based on spans of time passing, but I'm not here to sway you. Perhaps we could muse about the fact that costumes are contracted to show up at certain times, especially 3rd party ones, and thus they could simply be contracted to show up later and we saw them super early...but I'm sure you've heard that already. We COULD have a chat about how the pandemic screwed up a lot of things and thus maybe the character they were supposed to come with was supposed to be shown already but changes had to be made...but I've kept this jig up enough and it's boring me, much like this topic.

None of you can bring up something I haven't learned already, and I accept all these things, but one fact remains: none of you can prove that it was faked. One more fact remains: I can't prove it real. You can post until you pass out any number of reasons on how it COULD have been faked, but none of you can post a single shred of evidence proving it WAS faked, and that's the whole point.

I'm not going to assume anything other than it was a thing that happened and that no one but Nintendo or whoever ACTUALLY faked it can prove anything, and neither have done so to this point. Feel free to assume what you wish.

However, in the same vein as Epstein and Kurenai-Sensei, don't let this distract you from the fact that Sakurai has given proof that neither Spring Man nor Rex were passed over for any reason beyond design decisions and yet the community still swears on deconfirmations. Where are we at now, '3rd party costumes are just different from 1st party I guess' was it?

Then again, this is the same community who thought Monster Hunter getting a playable Hunter over perhaps a Palico was guaranteed because 'New Game On Switch' yadda blah and that a director of a company acting as if their character isn't getting into Smash in an interview is solid proof of deconfirmation when the only other alternatives are to ignore the question almost completely (which is more suspicious) or just outright leak your character before their reveal like a ****ing idiot. Majority of y'all believed the Grinch Ruse too, despite it being mere months before the games release and the ruse suggesting like 8+ characters left to reveal for base game. Oi Vey.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just in case you all forgot, we are all in this together, regardless of who gets their character and who doesn't. Right now, what we should be channeling for is that one of the many names we have heard shows up as one of the next two characters because if it's another surprise reveal that basically no one was talking about, that is truly Bad News Bears.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Cacomallow is like Smash's version of the biblical rapture, it will be revealed to actually exist and all believers will be carried up into the golden sky of bragging rights, as the non believers must repent as to not be cast into denial hell. :4pacman:

Also like the rapture, tons of people don’t believe in it and its taking forever to come around.

...why did I make this post? idk its 1:00 in the morning for me and my mind is deteriorating into bad metaphors for dumb “leaks” that refuse to die.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Cacomallow is like Smash's version of the biblical rapture, it will be revealed to actually exist and all believers will be carried up into the golden sky of bragging rights, as the non believers must repent as to not be cast into denial hell. :4pacman:

Also like the rapture, tons of people don’t believe in it and its taking forever to come around.

...why did I make this post? idk its 1:00 in the morning for me and my mind is deteriorating into bad metaphors for dumb “leaks” that refuse to die.
I mean, truth be told, it's more like a believer vs atheist debate.

"Prove god doesn't exist."

"Well I can't say 100% with certainty but I can give you a metric ****ton of evidence and facts that disproves like 99% of your beliefs."

"So you're saying that 1% chance could be real."

I say this as a Christian to not ruffle any feathers.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I love when people take "it hasn't been 100% proven/disproven" as an excuse to dismiss facts that don't suit them. Really shows a huge lack of understanding of science, logic and epistemology. Considering, you know, not even hard sciences and criminal law require 100% certainty because it's nigh-impossible to have 100% certainty of anything in most cases.

But don't mind me. I'm off to try and run at light speed because general relativity is just a theory.
I would propose that CacoMallow is much more of a hypothesis than a theory, and certainly no where near a law.

Also, science and criminal law get things wrong due to not being able to reach 100% certainty and just going for their best. The also both evolve over time to improve (sometimes) and then things change as new discoveries are made. CacoMallow can very easily be seen as waiting for that new discovery.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
We're not just talking about any ol' jiggle physics here.

Slime hat? Nah, too basic.

Pyra/Mythra? Nah, too erotic.

Luigi's nose? Now we're gettin' somewhere...
I found this fairly amusing, thank you for that.

I think I will head to bed now, as I have to be productive in the morning. Sucks but here we are.

My apologies for not posting a trigger warning when I mentioned CacoMallow, I'm a 90s kid and I'm still adjusting to attending to every single persons sensibilities whenever take a step or inhale breathable air, which I've learned is much healthier than what I used to breath which was gasoline fumes.

Pray for the ninja, the bandicoot, a marine or the puppet. There are others, but those are true golden keys to the city of future content.

We'll still be talking about Cacomallow even if Sakurai flat out says "DLC is done" after the last character gets shown off this year.

It's like a roach after a nuke. Nothing will get rid of it for good.
I can assure you that it won't be me bringing it up other than to point and laugh with a tinge of somberness.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I would propose that CacoMallow is much more of a hypothesis than a theory, and certainly no where near a law.

Also, science and criminal law get things wrong due to not being able to reach 100% certainty and just going for their best. The also both evolve over time to improve (sometimes) and then things change as new discoveries are made. CacoMallow can very easily be seen as waiting for that new discovery.
The difference being science doesn't fake neutrality between the outcome that the evidence points to and the one it wants to be true. It takes a definitive stance, creates a paradigm, and sticks to it until the evidence starts supporting a new one.

What you're doing is the equivalent of a scientist choosing to ignore the effects of gravity in a study because nobody could 100% prove it's right.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
The difference being science doesn't fake neutrality between the outcome that the evidence points to and the one it wants to be true. It takes a definitive stance, creates a paradigm, and sticks to it until the evidence starts supporting a new one.

What you're doing is the equivalent of a scientist choosing to ignore the effects of gravity in a study because nobody could 100% prove it's right.
Except gravity is a law and is 100% provable to be factual and exist.

If anything, I'm here stating that CacoMallow 100% exists, but that we don't have enough evidence to move towards it being a theory or just plain bunk. Probably didn't word this the best but eh **** it.

I'd actually go so far to say that you perhaps may be the scientist here who favors the results that lead to your desired conclusion out of desire for it to be false or just because you want to move to another study.

Not really of course, but it's clear the argument can be made.

Toph for Smash?

Weird 4th party pick but I'm down.

:4pacman:
Never forget she actually could never beat Gaara and DeathBattle is a joke, but this way she could beat up Mario which is potentially a bigger feat in itself.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

If anything, I'm here stating that CacoMallow 100% exists, but that we don't have enough evidence to move towards it being a theory or just plain bunk.

I'd actually go so far to say that you perhaps may be the scientist here who favors the results that lead to your desired conclusion out of desire for it to be false or just because you want to move to another study.
I think we can all (hopefully) agree that the Earth is round.

There are people who think it's flat.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I think we can all (hopefully) agree that the Earth is round.

There are people who think it's flat.
I almost made this reference.

In this example, if we replace CacoMallow with Earth's shape...

GoodGrief and others are arguing the Earth is round, others are arguing the Earth is flat, we live in a scenario in which there is no de fact proof of either side and both have good arguments, and I'm just here saying 'Well, yeah, I can see where everyone is coming from, but I'll just wait for the experts to reign in on the subject. However, I agree the Earth is in fact a planet that exists' and the top experts are Nintendo.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
PLEASE bro the reason the timer gets brought up is because they faked it wrong, Cacomallow's video is stuck at 2:30 which seems to add up until you realize that the debug timer gets stuck at 02:30, the guy forgot to add the extra 0 which proves it's not the real debug mode

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
PLEASE bro the reason the timer gets brought up is because they faked it wrong, Cacomallow's video is stuck at 2:30 which seems to add up until you realize that the debug timer gets stuck at 02:30, the guy forgot to add the extra 0 which proves it's not the real debug mode
Different debug versions, changes can be made, different people can have different versions, footage could be dated...

Yawn.

Yeah, I'm going to bed now. No reason to stay up and keep running myself through the argument time machine this late.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
You guys can choose to believe as you wish, but the facts line up to being in limbo, confirmed neither fake nor real. You can also attribute whatever you desire as to why I'm taking this stance, but I assure you it is merely because that is the factual stance, my previous one being that I believed it was real. I've been over the arguments all of you have just listed time and again, but I'm not here to defend the stance of it being real and never claimed to.

Could the simultaneous taunting be a mod? Totally.

Hell, I learned that modders could have just patched the whale in the background to just be transparent and thus it would seem like it was never there, and that's just to cover the slim chance that the footage just didn't start at the perfect cut timing to not feature the whale. Even graphical differences in the background and errors can be all explained.

I could argue about how Steve took as many years as he did to come to fruition, and thus we can't rule out content based on spans of time passing, but I'm not here to sway you. Perhaps we could muse about the fact that costumes are contracted to show up at certain times, especially 3rd party ones, and thus they could simply be contracted to show up later and we saw them super early...but I'm sure you've heard that already. We COULD have a chat about how the pandemic screwed up a lot of things and thus maybe the character they were supposed to come with was supposed to be shown already but changes had to be made...but I've kept this jig up enough and it's boring me, much like this topic.

None of you can bring up something I haven't learned already, and I accept all these things, but one fact remains: none of you can prove that it was faked. One more fact remains: I can't prove it real. You can post until you pass out any number of reasons on how it COULD have been faked, but none of you can post a single shred of evidence proving it WAS faked, and that's the whole point.

I'm not going to assume anything other than it was a thing that happened and that no one but Nintendo or whoever ACTUALLY faked it can prove anything, and neither have done so to this point. Feel free to assume what you wish.

However, in the same vein as Epstein and Kurenai-Sensei, don't let this distract you from the fact that Sakurai has given proof that neither Spring Man nor Rex were passed over for any reason beyond design decisions and yet the community still swears on deconfirmations. Where are we at now, '3rd party costumes are just different from 1st party I guess' was it?

Then again, this is the same community who thought Monster Hunter getting a playable Hunter over perhaps a Palico was guaranteed because 'New Game On Switch' yadda blah and that a director of a company acting as if their character isn't getting into Smash in an interview is solid proof of deconfirmation when the only other alternatives are to ignore the question almost completely (which is more suspicious) or just outright leak your character before their reveal like a ****ing idiot. Majority of y'all believed the Grinch Ruse too, despite it being mere months before the games release and the ruse suggesting like 8+ characters left to reveal for base game. Oi Vey.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just in case you all forgot, we are all in this together, regardless of who gets their character and who doesn't. Right now, what we should be channeling for is that one of the many names we have heard shows up as one of the next two characters because if it's another surprise reveal that basically no one was talking about, that is truly Bad News Bears.
I honestly don't get how can you always belittle people for passively accepting patterns and precedents when it comes to speculation (even bringing it up when it has no bearing on the current discussion) but when people actually engage critically with something and even bring up good arguments against it you say that it doesn't matter and that they were never been right before so who cares.

Like at this point why should anyone stop themselves to not go full "ad hominem mode" and just point out that Fatman supported Cacomallow and he himself has been more wrong than right during his speculation ramblings (and the few times he was right, it was with simple stuff like "oh, Gen 4 remakes are coming sometimes in the future"). It isn't that much different from what you're doing here.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Gravity is an observable phenomenon but its nature and characteristics, such as its strength and qualification as a fundamental force of physics, as well as the many other aspects of it as we understand and describe them, are not set in stone (for example many physicists believe that gravity isn't a single, distinct force but rather just one facet of a universal force that also encompasses electromagnetism and the strong and weak nuclear forces). The current theories work so far, but nothing assures us that years down the line a better hypothesis will come along and prove our current one to be untrue. So anyone who says that it's 100% a fact is very much wrong, but it's also not a stretch to consider something as widely accepted as it as "basically true".

The reason for this long and complicated example is to illustrate that you can't look at overwhelming evidence and disregard it because it's only 99% conclusive. Thinking like that is not only fallacious but it's also dangerous as it easily lends itself to bias and manipulation.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I never 'held faith' in Fatman, in fact I've been critical of him and disagreed with him on multiple occasions, though you wouldn't know that due to a combination of his lack of presence recently and your own faith of sorts in which you believe every Geno fan thinks Fatman is a prophet. We have agreed on some things, we've theorized things together and sometimes our theories connected, but other than that he's just a Geno fan who's been around as long as I have who gets way too much hate for a simple puppet-loving Halloween fanatic.

Also I can't possibly know how CacoMallow has panned out because we are still waiting. I get you want that theory to die for your own personal reasons of which I don't understand, but I took the time to chat it up with modders about the whole fiasco and I learned a lot of cool stuff about how modders can fake things. At the end of the day though, even modders who were neck-deep into the scene when that happened cannot prove it to be fake 100% and admit that at this point it's in limbo and up to personal preference until something significant happens. So, as much as it likely pains you, CacoMallow still lives on in the aether, floating about aimlessly, perhaps for a much longer time still.

You are right though, I did go a bit deeper into that whole Starling thing than I should have, but Fatman kinda had the whole thread wrapped up in that one and I already criticized him for that one. Also I came around to Steve late much like with Dragon Quest, that is true as well, but I had only come around to him being possible months before his reveal. Other than that and the fact that I didn't realize Mii Costumes didn't deconfirm up until it affected my wishes personally (which is how most people learn and change, when it affects them) I don't currently recall jumping on the bandwagon for any dumb theories or speculation but more often than not calling it out when I saw it. If you feel like taking the time out of your day to dig for posts in Ye Ol' Geno Thread to try and suggest otherwise, feel free to do so as is your prerogative, and I may or may not respond in kind to either agree or disagree. It's all just speculation at the end of the day.

Though it is a mighty good thing you are bad at remembering to keep proper score.
You never seem to get how your defences just dig you deeper. I used the past tense for Cacomallow because I didn't genuinely think there were people who still believed it. The fact that it lasted up until Sephiroth was disheartening but we're almost another half-year out from that. And that was already a year after it first surfaced.

The bottom line though is criticizing others for believing "trash theories" while you yourself bought into stuff like the absolute nothing sandwich that was the "Starling leak", refuse to abandon leaks you wouldn't give a **** about if they didn't point to Geno like Cacomallow, craft theories about Mii costumes that even most Geno fans don't believe, it all just shows your lack of self-awareness. You criticize the thread for things you do ten times over. Last we spoke you chastised the thread for running from "evidence" and when I presented actual conflicting quotes against the words you had put in my mouth, you suddenly stopped responding. Anyone at all familiar with your post history would be able to deduce that your air of superiority is... just... completely unjustified.

Plus, your evidence isn't evidence. A lack of conclusive proof that something is fake is not inherent grounds to give it any kind of credibility. That's a basic fallacy. It doesn't mean there aren't still a myriad of indicators as to it being less than valid. The only reason you give anything credibility is because it points to Geno, which makes all your "logic" motivated by ulterior biases, and thus not objective. And that's not logic, it's being partisan. You're the only Geno supporter I'm aware of who still hasn't moved past denial, which is not something to value.

You claim I'm partisan against these leaks. I'm not. I've been a supporter of Doom Slayer this whole time, so if it's real that'd be cool. It's just obviously not. I'm not anti-leak, I'm pro-objectivity. Most leaks are pretty clearly fake, and most theories are straw-graspy. Unlike you, the characters I want don't colour my entire thought process when it comes to buying into or rejecting evidence and I'm not going to turn my ethos on a dime to suit them.

Doing as much are the pitfalls of convincing yourself a character is definitively in for like two years and then being left to reconcile with a different reality.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Look, even as someone that is considered very Conspiracy Theorist in terms of my theories, even I won't consider Cacomallow worth the time

Yes Technically we can't prove 100% that Cacomallow is fake, and you can't prove Cacomallow is real, but I would say there are more circumstantial evidence that leads to Cacomallow being fake than real, and honestly I haven't seen much stuff to suggest it's real, in light of the events that has happened since that "Leak surfaced"

At least with my theories I try to give some logical explanations on why it may have merits. The best thing I've seen mentioned towards it being weird is that the Modders aren't sure themselves if it's 100% fake, according to what Forsaken said apparently, perhaps because at the time It wasn't well known mii costumes can be modded to that quality

but I think the evidence towards it being fake is stronger though

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Look, even as someone that is considered very Conspiracy Theorist in terms of my theories, even I won't consider Cacomallow worth the time

Yes Technically we can't prove 100% that Cacomallow is fake, and you can't prove Cacomallow is real, but I would say there are more circumstantial evidence that leads to Cacomallow being fake than real, and honestly I haven't seen much stuff to suggest it's real, in light of the events that has happened since that "Leak surfaced"

At least with my theories I try to give some logical explanations on why it may have merits. The best thing I've seen mentioned towards it being weird is that the Modders aren't sure themselves if it's 100% fake, according to what Forsaken said apparently, perhaps because at the time It wasn't well known mii costumes can be modded to that quality

but I think the evidence towards it being fake is stronger though
I'm soo proud of you, mate, admitting it is the first step towards recovery.

1617958377022.png

Jk, I may think your theories are extremely out there, but I hold nothin' against ya, lol.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I mean, we're still arguing about whether Steve should be in Smash.
I don't think we are.

Like, nobody was saying that he shouldn't. Just some of us were saying that if he'd have ended up a Mii, that would have been okay.

Man, those Mallow and Cacodemon Mii hats must be pretty damn amazing if they're taking well over a year and a half to make and then show off.
Well, to be fair, those Monster Hunter costumes were done, like, 5 years ago. But they only just now got added.

Really shows a huge lack of understanding of science, logic and epistemology.
googles epistemology

Last edited:

ShotoStar

Smash Cadet
hop into the speculation thread only to see.... another discussion on CacoMallow.... as a former Geno supporter......... you hate love to see it!! :):):) pain.

CacoMallow makes no sense, it's all conspiratorial gibberish. There's a lot wrong with it from the Timer to how long it's been since the "leak" came out figuring if it was real it would've certainly come out by now ESPECIALLY since the Geno Mii Costume came back in-between!!! There's no reason for a Mallow mii costume to happen after a Geno mii costume, you'd figure if anything it'd happen within the same mii pack as the Geno mii yet.... nope.

It's just so fake, It's so fake. Unless you wanna say Doom Guy will get in and bring them then okay, I guess... Still doesn't explain the time difference and if that was to be the case wouldn't Doom Guy have already happened in-between? We've had almost a full pass worth of characters already released between then and now. No way in hell is it real that's my final stance on it you can hold me to this it's my Shoto Guaranteed Prediction, I may be wrong on a lot of stuff but I'm not wrong here. I'd bet my SmashBoards, Twitter, Discord, Any and every online account I have on it. It's not happening and please... just let my son rest, please... Just let Geno and SMRPG content rest. My son has died in December just let him rest in peace. He ain't happening, let him go.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I'm soo proud of you, mate, admitting it is the first step towards recovery.

View attachment 310636

Jk, I may think your theories are extremely out there, but I hold nothin' against ya, lol.
Thanks

The theories are just for fun alot of the time. Like when I made the Grinch leak being real theory, I didn't actually believe it. there are sometimes I do actually get behind a theory (Ryu Amiibo theory and Shadow in Bayonetta 3 theory) but I know when to drop certain theories, as with those 2 as examples, I don't believe in those theories anymore

The 2 theories I'm taking seriously is the 2010's tourney theory and the Vergeben Deconfirm theory, and that's after there's been increased evidence in favor of both theories, but If one doesn't buy into the theories, so be it. I get hate, or made fun of for the theory, so be it. I rather have fun and be seen as Crazy conspiracy than be be more safe and not as much of a good time.

When Shadow ever gets into the game, I can stop having stake in speculation, since I Imagine most of my theories and speculation has revolved around him

Pillow

Smash Lord
You never seem to get how your defences just dig you deeper. I used the past tense for Cacomallow because I didn't genuinely think there were people who still believed it. The fact that it lasted up until Sephiroth was disheartening but we're almost another half-year out from that. And that was already a year after it first surfaced.

The bottom line though is criticizing others for believing "trash theories" while you yourself bought into stuff like the absolute nothing sandwich that was the "Starling leak", refuse to abandon leaks you wouldn't give a **** about if they didn't point to Geno like Cacomallow, craft theories about Mii costumes that even most Geno fans don't believe, it all just shows your lack of self-awareness. You criticize the thread for things you do ten times over. Last we spoke you chastised the thread for running from "evidence" and when I presented actual conflicting quotes against the words you had put in my mouth, you suddenly stopped responding. Anyone at all familiar with your post history would be able to deduce that your air of superiority is... just... completely unjustified.

Plus, your evidence isn't evidence. A lack of conclusive proof that something is fake is not inherent grounds to give it any kind of credibility. That's a basic fallacy. It doesn't mean there aren't still a myriad of indicators as to it being less than valid. The only reason you give anything credibility is because it points to Geno, which makes all your "logic" motivated by ulterior biases, and thus not objective. And that's not logic, it's being partisan. You're the only Geno supporter I'm aware of who still hasn't moved past denial, which is not something to value.

You claim I'm partisan against these leaks. I'm not. I've been a supporter of Doom Slayer this whole time, so if it's real that'd be cool. It's just obviously not. I'm not anti-leak, I'm pro-objectivity. Most leaks are pretty clearly fake, and most theories are straw-graspy. Unlike you, the characters I want don't colour my entire thought process when it comes to buying into or rejecting evidence and I'm not going to turn my ethos on a dime to suit them.

Doing as much are the pitfalls of convincing yourself a character is definitively in for like two years and then being left to reconcile with a different reality.
Aren’t you the owner of that 1000 page Isaac support thread ? Are you allowed to also be pro-objectivity? This isn’t right, I feel you have to be breaking some kind of rule here.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Aren’t you the owner of that 1000 page Isaac support thread ? Are you allowed to also be pro-objectivity? This isn’t right, I feel you have to be breaking some kind of rule here.
The way to be objective isn't to not want or support any character, it's to not let your biases cloud your judgment.

Yes I want Isaac, but you can parse through every page of that thread and at no point will you see me classify him as anything close to a lock. Most of my time in that thread is spent stressing caution and skepticism, and you can see how popular that has made me over there as of late when so many of them were convinced GS was imminent and I was not.

Pillow

Smash Lord
The way to be objective isn't to not want or support any character, it's to not let your biases cloud your judgment.

Yes I want Isaac, but you can parse through every page of that thread and at no point will you see me classify him as anything close to a lock. Most of my time in that thread is spent stressing caution and skepticism, and you can see how popular that has made me over there as of late when so many of them were convinced GS was imminent and I was not.
Oh, I knew that. It was a joke :079:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
One individual doesn't mean the entire thread's opinions apply to them, after all, the Crash thread's regulars probably don't agree with the owner of the thread when he says Fire Emblem is great, nor does this argument reflect the new Geno thread which is a lot more relaxed
The real reason we couldn’t get Mai was because the technology just wasn’t there yet
FP11 IS MAI CONFIRMED LES GOOOOOOO NIPPON ICHIIIIII

7NATOR

Smash Master
The Question I have to ask though is how do you know if someone is acting biased towards their character, or if you just think someone is biased for their character because it might be felt that character is "Unlikely"?

Shroob

Sup?
The Question I have to ask though is how do you know if someone is acting biased towards their character, or if you just think someone is biased for their character because it might be felt that character is "Unlikely"?
Well in this case, checking their posting history and where they primarily hang out/what they commonly discuss is a good indication.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Oh, I knew that. It was a joke :079:
Oh, alright.

They would probably prefer I be less objective when it came to Isaac. But I would feel weird about misusing whatever clout my place as the sort of, idk, de facto leader holds to purposefully cause a stir via being disingenuous regarding my belief over his chances. That's irresponsible and manipulative imo. Plus I just do better with pragmatism, anyway. And that usually has me playing the devil's advocate, which these days is mostly taking the negative stance.

But someone who lacks optimism isn't the best leader, which is why I've more or less tried to recuse myself from that position since he got AT'd.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
Btw quick 'warning', the Ace Attorney concert starts in like 20 minutes and they'll announce GAA's collection there, so we're gonna see a hell of a lot more Phoenix discussion, probably gonna have a lot of Ryunosuke alt/echo rumours too
That's so exciting! I can't wait for more Ace Attorney, too bad Phoenix is very probably not getting in

I hope the leaks and discussions surrounding him don't get too annoying

Edit: Also wait isn't that tomorrow actually?

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
Well in this case, checking their posting history and where they primarily hang out/what they commonly discuss is a good indication.
Gosh this forums is dangerous. Now I’m worried random people are reading my post history and will call me a weeb or something

One individual doesn't mean the entire thread's opinions apply to them, after all, the Crash thread's regulars probably don't agree with the owner of the thread when he says Fire Emblem is great, nor does this argument reflect the new Geno thread which is a lot more relaxed

FP11 IS MAI CONFIRMED LES GOOOOOOO NIPPON ICHIIIIII
She looked great in her new KOF trailer

Oh, alright.

They would probably prefer I be less objective when it came to Isaac. But I would feel weird about misusing whatever clout my place as the sort of, idk, de facto leader holds to purposefully cause a stir via being disingenuous regarding my belief over his chances. That's irresponsible and manipulative imo. Plus I just do better with pragmatism, anyway. And that usually has me playing the devil's advocate, which these days is mostly taking the negative stance.

But someone who lacks optimism isn't the best leader, which is why I've more or less tried to recuse myself from that position since he got AT'd.
I didn’t even realize the role of thread owner was such a serious thing. I guess I should’ve made it more clear initially that I was joking :x

I consider myself a pragmatist too. But hey, those last 2 characters have gotta be someone. With that being the case, I understand the sentiment that we might as well pretend they’re characters we want, at least until the final curtain is drawn.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Okay, so here's a game for you. Kind of inspired by that "villain roster" discussion the other day.

You can make a Fighter's Pass 3, with six whole characters in it - but it has to have some kind of theme. What theme do you pick, and what six characters?
I got a fighter pass theme, it's called "Characters I want and it's filled with the best characters ever that no one can disagree with because I have excellent taste!" theme.

And looky here, I already made it!

Fighters pass 2 challenge again.png

I win!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I didn’t even realize the role of thread owner was such a serious thing. I guess I should’ve made it more clear initially that I was joking :x

I consider myself a pragmatist too. But hey, those last 2 characters have gotta be someone. With that being the case, I understand the sentiment that we might as well pretend they’re characters we want, at least until the final curtain is drawn.
It is useful to have someone at the helm when you're actually campaigning for your character, which support threads try to do to varying degrees of success, especially the bigger ones. The Isaac thread actually did pretty well during the ballot when it really mattered. But being looked at as that person may just be a holdover for those who have held the job of thread owner/curator across the years, as I did and a few others for other characters.

But I don't think it is or should be that serious, especially at this point in the game, it's just the case that some longstanding members accrue some unofficial authority over time by nature of their contributions and thus kind of get looked towards to preside over things. Like I said, I don't think I'm the person for the job at this point. I just stop by these days to disagree with people or make jokes. That's basically the old person playbook.

And don't worry, people have tried to discredit me on the basis of Isaac bias, but I don't think I actually have the kind of bias they're looking for. I mean I spent my time in there arguing against things like the Rathalos pic and the Grinch leak and whatnot. So I guess I have a hard time telling who is serious and who isn't when there aren't any emojis giving it away.

And I think the second point is true to an extent, but I don't know why people gotta rush to fill in the blanks at all. I mean, I guess I do get it, people feel more comfortable with fewer elements up in the air, but I've always been pretty content to just shrug and let it play out. It's always nice to have hope, but thinking of a character as in until proven out rather than vice versa has regularly been a detrimental mentality imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom