• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Let's be real, people will almost exclusively adore whatever character it is, but Wolf and K. Rool specifically are quite possibly the two characters who would generate not just the fewest complaints, but the most joy. Like hell is that some polarizing situation where "some people like them, some people hate them, both sides matter!" especially if more characters beyond them were promised.

So, basically, unless your character hinges on being chosen via the Sakurai Dartboard Method, getting two of the biggest names out of the way early would be supremely satisfying for almost everyone, especially since it shuts down the "costumes = deconfirmed" crap.
Wolf and Krool are the two best choices for DLC hands down. This combo would make the most fans happy. Isn't that the whole point, to see the joy of fans as they get their favorite characters? If I were doing DLC, Wolf and Krool would be out in a heartbeat.
With every Wolfless update that goes buy, Wolf's support and demand grows and grows. The most wanted veteran with the most wanted newcomer. Great decision, business wise and fan wise.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
and then this happened

they added a slot. Looking like a minimum of 3 characters as DLC
Crashboards when?

A veteran, a highly requested character and an oddball choice are what I'm expecting

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
and then this happened

Minimum three characters and two stages in the future?

Curious that only one of each was added in this update in addition to what was already present...though it could mean several things...they're making room for an upcoming character bundle a la :4lucas::4feroy::4ryu:, We're getting only three more characters, or it means absolutely nothing and we still may receive characters one at a time and more slots can be added later...

Sakurai is sneaky sneaky though, so we'll see what's up his unpredictable sleeves...

I doubt we'll see anything come the third, other than some announcement about the Ballot's closing, perhaps some more word from Sakurai himself on a few things to expect (without giving too much away of course)

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
and then this happened

Now this is what I'd like to see. I'm still banking on 6 more total, but at least a *basically* confirmed three is better than two! I know we got DLC the other day, but hopefully when the ballot ends, we'll get a direct.

The Novice Sword

Smash Apprentice
and then this happened

If this holds true then this is promising news.

I'm thinking it will be maybe one more veteran and 2 new characters. As for the stages maybe new home stages for the newcomers or some more nostalgia stages (still hoping for Saffron City and Fountain of Dreams!)

Last edited:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Interesting. 3 odd ball choices would be glorious. Well, only time and Sakurai will tell.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
and then this happened

Its great that this was found, at least now we may have a general idea of what we might be getting. I'm getting excited!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Wolf, K. Rool, and Isaac?! :b:
This is my current guess. That's frankly the best lineup they can get without adding third-parties. My bets have always been on those three, and what I was iffy on is who would be a plausible fourth character. Then I thought "well, maybe we'll only get 3 instead."

If not Wolf then probably a third-party in his place. But maybe PushDustin was right, they only planned on adding two, and later added Wolf because he'd be an easy character to bring back. (With only two I didn't think Wolf would return.)

Considering how late this was added and the ballot is over it could be that's the final count, but that is iffy as well since they did add another slot here.

Also, there's three stages, but one is between Mario Maker and Duck Hunt. Considering this factor, I think it was probably the case that the missing stage was Pirate Ship.

Quick reminder. Ballot ends tomorrow. So if you have't voted yet now is your last chance.

even though at this point it probably doesn't matter

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Well, any vote counts and there will most likely be a pretty large influx of requests a few hours before the ballot officially closes.

Last edited:
Well, any vote counts and there will most likely be a pretty large influx of requests a few hours before the ballot officially closes.
My money is on they already started the characters or at east know who they want after looking at earlier results. The ballot was probably as long as it is to make it seem like there is less time between the end of the ballot and ballot character.

(note. theory)

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Yeah, people might eBay it, where in the very last few hours people suddenly become their most vicious, and votes roll in at a breakneck pace trying their hardest to make a significant contribution just as the ballot closes.

*buys 10 extra computers for their IP addresses to vote for K. Rool and Wonder Red with*

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
[
Yeah, people might eBay it, where in the very last few hours people suddenly become their most vicious, and votes roll in at a breakneck pace trying their hardest to make a significant contribution just as the ballot closes.

*buys 10 extra computers for their IP addresses to vote for K. Rool and Wonder Red with*
I should have taken the ballot more seriously from the beginning. I would have had more fun that way. Finding new devices to get the vote out... Worrying if it'll be enough... It all sounds like a good time.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
3 spots hu?

Wolf, K Rool, Isaac would be an optimal realistic set. Bandana Dee and Inkling also have got a decent shot but Isaac is my second most wanted after Banjo-Kazooie, but they were always kind of high hopes, when it's time to get realistic I'd be hopeing for those three I think it would round out the roster nicely too.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
3 huh?
Interesting, now let's just get today over with so tomorrow comes faster

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Wouldn't it be nice if it was

King K. Rool
Wolf
Isaac

I think that would make the majority of people happy.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Wouldn't it be nice if it was

King K. Rool
Wolf
Isaac

I think that would make the majority of people happy.
I think a significant portion of people here would find that ideal.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hoping the next big DLC pack isn't too far behind, especially with the ungrababble Diddy glitch pretty much invalidating an entire character competitively. Nintendo's definitely overdue for a Direct so hopefully they won't just hold out until their typical pre-holiday Direct in November.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
In my opinion, there's no truly safe assumption right now as to who gets in. King K. Rool remains ambiguous as ever, same for Wolf(he's skipped 5 reveals of DLC, whether or not they contained characters, impressive for a popular first party veteran), and while Isaac theoretically has no major obstacles in his way that's still not enough to say he's a lock.

It's not that I vehemently don't want any of these characters(though I am indifferent to Isaac); I don't want to be disappointed and simply set my expectations accordingly.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm going to presume for the sake of discussion that the three slots represent the three character we're going to get.

What I want:

Wolf
K. Rool
Isaac

What I expect:

Wolf
K. Rool
Bandana Dee

Now don't get me wrong, I am definitely a BeeDee supporter, but Isaac just about nudges him out of the way. I think BeeDee has a bright future ahead of him, whereas Isaac kinda needs something to keep him going. It'd be nice to see his fans get their due reward. I'd been pretty skeptical of Wolf before now, but if three characters is a safe bet, I don't see why he won't be in.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Personally, I think that K.Rool is almost inevitable for Smash, either as one of the Ballot Fighters (the more iffy of the two options) or as a newcomer for the next game. The Kutthroats have pretty much made K.Rool a huge deal again, and honestly the King's return to DKC seems almost inevitable, what with Retro following the Kutthroat Twitter and all, so I think K.Rool is, at the very least, going to be a character in the next Smash game if not being a DLC fighter in this one.

So here's my prediction list, which may or may not end up being accurate;
  • Wolf as a veteran DLC, much like Roy, Lucas and Mewtwo have been.
  • King K.Rool as at least one of the newcomers for DLC.
  • A second newcomer who placed highly in the Ballot. This could be anybody, but possible picks include Ridley, Dixie, Shantae, Rayman, etc. Anybody who might have reasonable support on both sides of the world, basically.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Personally, I'm hoping that we get at least one female DLC character, particularly from a recent first party series that doesn't already have characters on the roster. The character I'm thinking about comes from the DS era, which lacks representation on the roster. Her game franchise is not only popular and has sold well, but the games are actually fun, if you've ever played them. Despite all of this, the character is highly underrated, and the fans supporting her for Smash aren't nearly as vocal as other groups. Which series am I talking about? Style Savvy. The moveset potential and randomness factor is simply too glorious and unique to pass down.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
This is admittedly a random thought, but what if the 6 month wait we've endured for the next character(s) includes a CGI trailer?Animations are time consuming things, and that's without considering the possibility of several characters.

That's just me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom