• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troykv

Smash Master
Reimu Hakurei from Touhou.

Solaire of Astora from Dark Souls.

Neither would happen, due to the fact that the former is PC-exclusive and the latter has never set foot anywhere near a Nintendo console, but it's fun to imagine~
I would like to see a Touhou character in Smash... is a weird dream xD

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I got what i think is a real neat idea for Mii's
Okay so there's three equipment slots (Gunner's Get an extra one) and you can equip things like

"Jump Float" - Get a Peach Float for your Mii

"Extra Jump" - Give your Mii an extra jump, you can only have two

"Tether Grab" - Get a Tether for better grabs and Recover

"Add light/Medium/Heavy [Element] Element"
Flame - Electric - Wind - Ice - Ground - Darkness - Water

Light - Add 6 small elements to any basic attacks
Medium - Add 3 medium Elements to any Smash Attacks
Heavy - Add a Single Powerful Element to any Special attack

as well as the basic things from some equipment like "Improved Air Attacks" "Skater" and "Sprinter" but none of the advanced things like "Vampire" and "Auto-Healer"

Gunners -
Gunners have a fourth Slot which at default reads
"Basic Element Attack - Fire " - You can use this what elemental damage your gunners do in all their attacks, so instead of all the fire damage they could do poisonous or electric and what not

I feel you could really get a Mii to feel more how you'd like it if they had a few more extra options than the other character
Like, I have one character who I want to be a "Magic Knight" of and I can't really get a good feel of that with the options I currently have

Thee Attributes would not bee affected by turning customs off

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I got what i think is a real neat idea for Mii's
Okay so there's three equipment slots (Gunner's Get an extra one) and you can equip things like

"Jump Float" - Get a Peach Float for your Mii

"Extra Jump" - Give your Mii an extra jump, you can only have two

"Tether Grab" - Get a Tether for better grabs and Recover

"Add light/Medium/Heavy [Element] Element"
Flame - Electric - Wind - Ice - Ground - Darkness - Water

Light - Add 6 small elements to any basic attacks
Medium - Add 3 medium Elements to any Smash Attacks
Heavy - Add a Single Powerful Element to any Special attack

as well as the basic things from some equipment like "Improved Air Attacks" "Skater" and "Sprinter" but none of the advanced things like "Vampire" and "Auto-Healer"

Gunners -
Gunners have a fourth Slot which at default reads
"Basic Element Attack - Fire " - You can use this what elemental damage your gunners do in all their attacks, so instead of all the fire damage they could do poisonous or electric and what not

I feel you could really get a Mii to feel more how you'd like it if they had a few more extra options than the other character
Like, I have one character who I want to be a "Magic Knight" of and I can't really get a good feel of that with the options I currently have
While this is an awesome idea, it's too much work and would probably never happen, sadly.
At least, we'd have to give up a lot for it to happen.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
We're talking Touhou in Smash? What have I been missing? :laugh:

Touhou in Smash would be a dream come true for yours truly.

That said, I am aware that it will never happen, due to the fact that Touhou has never made it to a Nintendo console.

It almost got there with Touhou Smash Battles, but I'm pretty sure that's PC-exclusive now too.

reimu tho
That game isn't going to use Touhou characters any more. :ohwell: The reasons are kind of complicated, but understandable.

:231:

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
We're talking Touhou in Smash? What have I been missing? :laugh:

That game isn't going to use Touhou characters any more. :ohwell: The reasons are kind of complicated, but understandable.

:231:
Yeah, I know. It's still gonna be good, I'm definitely gonna get it whenever it's released.

The fact is, though, it demonstrates what Touhou could theoretically offer in Smash. The answer is, of course: very much!

Bennext

Smash Cadet
Well, Excitebike is actually an immensely iconic character. I wanted him in Sm4sh, (granted it was because of Pizzadudemanguy's old videos). I'm talking about really obscure characters that no one has thought of. I had the thought of a Seattle Mariners baseball player be playable (since Nintendo majority owns the Mariners) but it would be too far-fetched.
super_smash_bros_4_newcomer_moose.png

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Nintendo Directs are gonna be weird from now on. I think Iwata's death (:urg:) will put Directs on pause for a bit. We already have plenty in the coming months to look forward to anyhow.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Nintendo Directs are gonna be weird from now on. I think Iwata's death (:urg:) will put Directs on pause for a bit. We already have plenty in the coming months to look forward to anyhow.
We have plenty to look forward to, but not a whole lot of information on them.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
So I did a thing. Felt like stopping by to share. Points to whoever knows this character.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Sakurai really needs to show off a new DLC character soon because it is dry in this thread...
I feel ya bruh

I keep frantically checking the front page in hopes that a Direct will be announced. :estatic:

Doctor3AM

Smash Apprentice
Frogger, we haven't talked about him. He's an incredibly iconic character with several sequels to pull moves from.

I like how no one complained that BluePikmin Double Posted :p

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
So there hasn't been much talk about future DLC yet....

So do you all think the pre-ballot DLC is over now? It's just over a month now until the ballot closes and one Famitsu column hinted about future content being fanservice.

And we still haven't seen Wolf yet....

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki

So do you all think the pre-ballot DLC is over now? It's just over a month now until the ballot closes and one Famitsu column hinted about future content being fanservice.

well it is hard to say whether or not the next release will be pre or post ballot, my feeling right now is this holiday season we will get something.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Double posting is a dumb rule. Auto-merge technology should have been implemented on this site years ago.
Honestly I'm not even sure how double posting works. I mentioned a topic/link again after a big topic derailment then I get warned for Double Post.

I suppose not, but I'm sure everyone does thanks to PushDustIn posting an opinion blog about pre-ballot over and Etika spreading the news stating the false implication (about Wolf/Snake getting no chance)

But again, if the future content was fanservice, then the K Rool costume?

And as for Wolf:
my feeling right now is this holiday season we will get something.
But of course it could be sooner.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sakurai really needs to show off a new DLC character soon because it is dry in this thread...
Extremely. I'm hoping a Direct gets confirmed soon because it's slowly getting to the point where there's barely anything to talk about. Most of the major tournaments are done for the year too so a lot of Smash spectating is just seeing how characters fare in small tournaments at the moment.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
Honestly I'm not even sure how double posting works. I mentioned a topic/link again after a big topic derailment then I get warned for Double Post.

I suppose not, but I'm sure everyone does thanks to PushDustIn posting an opinion blog about pre-ballot over and Etika spreading the news stating the false implication (about Wolf/Snake getting no chance)

But again, if the future content was fanservice, then the K Rool costume?

And as for Wolf:

But of course it could be sooner.
it could be sooner but even now it could be hard to tell if the content was somewhat taken from the ballot. I mean, I'm guessing they probably have had enough data to get at least something going based off the ballot since early June.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
it could be sooner but even now it could be hard to tell if the content was somewhat taken from the ballot. I mean, I'm guessing they probably have had enough data to get at least something going based off the ballot since early June.
There could've been mentions in the Famitsu column like what happened to Roy Ryu and Lucas (Royucas?).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I suppose there's also the possibility that Nintendo doesn't know what to do with Directs going forward since Iwata passed away only recently. That said, Nintendo could stay mum until October in order to gather their thoughts. Either way, October's pretty much a given for some sort of news since that's when the Smash Ballot closes and the fans will want to see something from it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Iwata not being in future Directs is a loss but it's not like the Directs are always going to suck without him or whatnot. Theirs plenty of people that can also be a presenter for the Directs.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Iwata not being in future Directs is a loss but it's not like the Directs are always going to suck without him or whatnot. Theirs plenty of people that can also be a presenter for the Directs.
Right but they were undeniably "his thing." It's like when Dave Thomas of Wendy's (do they have those in Canada?) or Colonel Sanders of KFC died and both companies were left holding the bag for months afterwards because those guys were in virtually every commercial the company put out up until they died. They were unquestionably the faces of their respective companies. It's fairly the same situation here. It's the issue of trying to fill giant shoes and trying to do it in a way that doesn't piss of their fanbase or make them overly nostalgic for the late spokesperson while at the same time trying to keep enough of the same, likable elements without it seeming shoehorned or insincere.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Right but they were undeniably "his thing." It's like when Dave Thomas of Wendy's (do they have those in Canada?) or Colonel Sanders of KFC died and both companies were left holding the bag for months afterwards because those guys were in virtually every commercial the company put out up until they died. They were unquestionably the faces of their respective companies. It's fairly the same situation here. It's the issue of trying to fill giant shoes and trying to do it in a way that doesn't piss of their fanbase or make them overly nostalgic for the late spokesperson while at the same time trying to keep enough of the same, likable elements without it seeming shoehorned or insincere.
True but then again their was always multiple different people presenting in Directs and not just Iwata so it's not like his absence will make the Directs unwatchable. It's been over a month since Iwata passed so I honestly think Nintendo passed the point where they would hold off something like a Direct because off the unfortunate event with Iwata.

People who are over the top nostalgic for Iwata in Directs need to give it a rest. I mean don't get me wrong here, being nostalgic for him is okay but being upset about him not being in the directs is flat out stupid because theirs nothing Nintendo can do about that. Future Directs will still be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom