• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Amaterasu - Yes.
Agent J - Indifferent.
Agumon - No.
Heihachi - I'm more of a Virtua Fighter guy than a Tekken guy, but sure.
Jumpman - No. The only third Mario I'll accept is Paper Mario.
Lara Croft - Indifferent.
Monita - No.
Micaiah - No.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Amaterasu - Yes.
Agent J - No.
Agumon - Indifferent.
Heihachi - No. Not Nightmare/10.
Jumpman - No. Not Paper Mario/A reasonable inclusion at all/10.
Lara Croft - Yes. Especially if it's the new version.
Monita - Indifferent.
Micaiah - No. Not Anna/10.

Troykv

Smash Master

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Wait, that Ridley pick was supposed to be a fake leak? I just thought it was intended to be a joke.

All 4 current DLC characters have the "Fighter from another dimension!" thing. Even poor Lucas. Why get about 3/4 VA's back in to record a few lines? They're expensive, they have schedules and other things to work on (Especially Hynden Walch (Viridi)) plus it's just an inconvenience for them to go in and record maybe 3-4 lines tops.
Once they finalize the ballot characters, I could see them call in the actors to do DLC character guidances potentially. Its definitely iffy, though.

D

Deleted member

Okay guys, i have a new game:

You have to choose 3 Mii costumes, and make them playable characters (Inkling and K.Rool are excluded because they are too obvious).

You have to choose 3 Mii costumes, and make them playable characters (Inkling and K.Rool are excluded because they are too obvious).
Monkey, Bear and... was there a cat costume? If not, then K. K. Slider.

Then PETA starts raging at Smash Bros and makes a bad knock-off game. :troll:

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Obviously Link, Samus and Megaman!...wait a sec....

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

Isabelle, Mega Man X, and Flying Man because there's no one else left I really like in that group.

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
Just showing off a stupidly obscure third-party character(in avatar and signature) I casually voted for fun months ago. I just felt like voting for Crypto because he's a nigh stereotypical alien from outer space. I'd be fine with him being a Mii Gunner costume. It would be simpler if we can turn our Miis' color grey.

:4kirby::4metaknight::4fox::4falco::4olimar::rosalina: - Aliens, you say? Ah well.

1. Shy Guy (Shaddup, the mask doesn't even fit well on Miis)
2. Daisy
3. Four Swords Link (Link's hat pretty much counts for all Zelda games except Minish Cap. No Ezlo :()

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Just showing off a stupidly obscure third-party character(in avatar and signature) I casually voted for fun months ago. I just felt like voting for Crypto because he's a nigh stereotypical alien from outer space. I'd be fine with him being a Mii Gunner costume. It would be simpler if we can turn our Mii's color grey.

:4kirby::4metaknight::4fox::4falco::4olimar::rosalina: - Aliens, you say? Ah well.

1. Shy Guy (Shaddup, the mask doesn't even fit well on Miis)
2. Daisy
3. Four Swords Link (Link's hat pretty much counts for all Zelda games except Minish Cap. No Ezlo :()
Oh, I remember that alien guy! He's from Destroy all Humans I believe.

D

Deleted member

As for myself, there are only 2 Mii costumes that i would like to see become playable (not counting K.Rool and the Inklings that is):

X and Zero are my childhood, and i don't care that they are 3rd party.

When it comes to the 3rd Mii costume, it could be anything for all i care. (yes, even Brash the Friggin Bear).

Chrom 3 times.

Srs though
Chrom
Zero
Dunban

All swordsman mii. 4th and 5th are black knight and lloyd. Swordfighters confirmed best mii

Troykv

Smash Master
Lol. Jumpman has only one Yes, and one indifferent. The rest are No xD

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026

SpppppeeeeeeedWAggoun~ .....*ahem*

1. Flying Man 2. Black Knight 3. Dunban

D

Deleted member

Clearly the most exciting retro newcomer for SSB5 is Track Meet. :4mario::4duckhunt:

:awesome:
I know you're trying to use the whole "Duck Hunt was bundled with Mario and got a character, so Track Meet being bundled with them later means its getting a character too!" logic, but bear in mind the following:

-Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt were the 1st and 2nd highest selling NES/Famicom games. World Class Track Meet didn't even sell 1 million copies. Considering the Duck Hunt team had sales as part of what influenced Sakurai to include them, the fact the game isn't even remotely close to Duck Hunt's level means it won't be given the same kind of consideration.

-World Class Track Meet......is 3rd Party. It's a rebranding of the "Stadium Events" game from Bandai. So instead of being compared to the likes of G&W, R.O.B., and Duck Hunt, "Track Meet" is being compared to the likes of Snake, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Ryu. .......yeah, no dice.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I know you're trying to use the whole "Duck Hunt was bundled with Mario and got a character, so Track Meet being bundled with them later means its getting a character too!" logic, but bear in mind the following:

-Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt were the 1st and 2nd highest selling NES/Famicom games. World Class Track Meet didn't even sell 1 million copies. Considering the Duck Hunt team had sales as part of what influenced Sakurai to include them, the fact the game isn't even remotely close to Duck Hunt's level means it won't be given the same kind of consideration.

-World Class Track Meet......is 3rd Party. It's a rebranding of the "Stadium Events" game from Bandai. So instead of being compared to the likes of G&W, R.O.B., and Duck Hunt, "Track Meet" is being compared to the likes of Snake, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Ryu. .......yeah, no dice.
I'm fairly sure that wasn't a serious suggestion anyway.

BigB_ch

Smash Rookie
Welcome to the site! You really love retros, hm? :)
Thank you. And oh yes, I do. :chuckle:

You forgot Thomas from Kung Fu.
Yeah, but he's also a third party character from Irem.

And Star Man from Pro Wrestling. Considering he has more moveset potential than regular hockey players (not saying they don't cuz you can make a moveset for just about anyone, Star Man is just easier to do).
How could I forgot Starman. :surprised: But honestly, I always prefered Amazon in this game. :grin:

...Hmm...well, there's nothing WRONG with any of these retro newcomers...
...but none of them are particularly exciting.

...You know what I mean?
For me they are way more exciting than many characters in the current roster. :grin:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Thank you. And oh yes, I do. :chuckle:

Yeah, but he's also a third party character from Irem.

How could I forgot Starman. :surprised: But honestly, I always prefered Amazon in this game. :grin:

For me they are way more exciting than many characters in the current roster. :grin:
I think Star Man is more likely than Amazon because he is a good guy while Amazon is bad. In Smash the good guys tend to get in before the villains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom