• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Can Excitebiker truly be considered "retro" when (not including Excitetruck or ExciteBots) Excitebike had a Nintendo 64 title and a WiiWare title?

It's kind of gray area, like calling Little Mac "retro" despite 2009's Punch-Out!! existing.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
What, and Agent J and Lara Croft are?
Don't pester him, please...
Did I even say that Agent J and Lara are? No I didn't. I'm not trying to call him out (like I've done numerous times before), but for the love of God, I often question if he's mostly trolling around to work some of us up or if he's serious and wants to pull excuses and strings.

That is mostly why I don't want Jumpman in. We have two Marios, no need for a third

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The thing is that Mario being Jumpman, to me, seems like something that is already addressed. I recently played through Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. Anytime you meet someone new, they don't believe you're Mario until you show off his "famous jump".

What is a major part of all Mario games? Jumping. Jumpman is just an early design of Mario, similar to the way Mickey Mouse was originally designed. At least that's what it seems like to me.

The only ideas I've seen for Jumpman include giving him all the powerups Mario has gotten in like a "everything but the Kitchen sink" gameplay type...that's silly and the definition of shoehorning. Granted, Villager does something similar...but if your gameplay idea for a THIRD MARIO is the just give him a butt ton of stuff to use (some of which are already items...coughcoughBarrelsHammersFireFlowersPowerStarBob-ombGreenShellcoughcough) then it's probably not worth it. Mario already basically does what Jumpman does because they're the same person...just a different design.

That's similar to how I feel about versions of other characters, like Ganon or a different Wario. Characters like that are chosen by fans because they "represent something". To me that's just silly. Characters represent things through their movesets, and at the end of the day, we play the game and characters for years because it's fun. People just use "muh representation" to make their character look good to get in the game in the first place. After they're in, nobody cares about that crap anymore.

The characters I look forward to are characters that represent new and old, and maybe some that not as many people like. While I fully support K.Rool, Isaac, Snake and Wolf (for varying reasons) I support others like Wonder Red, Professor E.Gadd and Inklings because of how FREAKING FUN they could be. I don't care what they represent (though a new series comes with a new, potentially fun stage), but I envision each with a gameplay style/cool abilities that fans could fall in love with.

K.Rool-use abilities from DK series, plays with silly craziness that accompanies him in various boss fights

Isaac- Earth psynergy could provide for interesting spacing/ stage control, combo potential using Move + earth powers

Snake- use veteran moveset and adds Star Power back to the game...he's so much fun and has a unique playstyle

Wolf- great dichotomy to Fox and Falco, if he moves similar to Roy could be a great character (and obviously people want him back!)

Wonder Red- could be set up to work with all 100 Wonderful Ones, or could simply use them aesthetically for Smash attacks with his huge fists of fury. All the different unite morphs fit into Custom Moves wonderfully...could work with a risk/reward style---> Use less wonderful ones to increase size of attacks/moves faster, or use more to have stronger and larger attacks/moves slower

E.Gadd- use his own Poltergust with elemental powers (a la Luigi's Mansion) can control the stage and use different powers for different purposes. Ice to make the ground slippery or slow the opponent, fire to have residual damage (or perhaps stronger attacks)...I'm forgetting if lightning was a power in it...but that could be added for uniqueness

Inklings- self explanatory...different weapons as custom moves, stage control/coverage with ink to make the stage difficult to traverse for opponents (poor air game but amazing ground game, but good at anti-air with ink nades?)

I might make a thread to make unique movesets for newcomers and reasons to back their inclusion...mainly based on gameplay. I know gameplay isn't the only reason characters get in, but it's a BIG one. I would argue it's more important than representation.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
@ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones , I agree with most of what you just said, but to be fair, characters like Ganon and "classic" Wario have strong support because fans like the character, or they feel the in-game model doesn't capture the character's essence very well.

I'm personally okay with Falcondorf and Toilet Humour Wario, but others may prefer Ganon because he's an evil pig demon with a magic trident or "classic" Wario because he's a ruthless treasure hunter with zero morals.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Can Excitebiker truly be considered "retro" when (not including Excitetruck or ExciteBots) Excitebike had a Nintendo 64 title and a WiiWare title?

It's kind of gray area, like calling Little Mac "retro" despite 2009's Punch-Out!! existing.
For the sake of the joke/shameless plug, yes Excitebike is retro.
Although I consider Little Mac and Excitebike to actually be "retro" too.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Not to try and derail this thread again, but this does raise some interesting possibilities; if Nintendo has already gotten in contact with Hasbro for the Transformers IP, what if they mention Smash to Hasbro? Could that lead to them negotiating a deal to put one of their characters in the game? Or if not that, then Mii costumes at least?

Suddenly, the impossible just became possible. :p

D

Deleted member

Squid Girl gets stuff in Splatoon, nobody bats an eye (not really, but for the sake of the statement).

Transformers gets stuff in Splatoon, "OH MY GOD OPTIMUS PRIME 4 SMASH!"

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
We were talking about Optimus Prime just a pages before, weren't we? :p This couldn't be better timed. :laugh:

Inb4 Goku and Shrek splatfests.

Squid Girl gets stuff in Splatoon, nobody bats an eye (not really, but for the sake of the statement).

I'm really thankful to Splatoon for giving Squid Girl so much spotlight, really.

:231:

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905

When Nintendo partners up with Hasbro directly for a promotion, that raises eyebrows; especially since this is, to my recollection, the first promotional Splatfest, and it's Transformers-themed. That's highly unusual to do, and it shows that Nintendo is fine with promoting stuff from rival toy companies in their games. If this were, say, a Sonic theme, that'd be less unusual. The theme is so oddly timed, too; this is in the time we're waiting with baited breath for a Nintendo Direct, and thus the new Smash content. Could it be a subtle tease for something Smash-related? Maybe, but it may just be a promotional thing. Or it could be leading into future Transformers-related Amiibo. Who knows if this has any significance?

But it's definitely a sign that they could be working on something cooperatively; maybe a Wii U/3DS-exclusive Transformers game, maybe Amiibo-related things, but we do know they are in talks for the brand, and so ideas could get thrown around for that; and if they decide on Smash and getting a promotional character in, they'd go with Optimus Prime.

Of course, this is all just hypothesizing on my end, since we don't have many specifics on how this promotion was allowed in by Nintendo.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
To be fair, everyone kind of expected Inkling to be in the game in some form, so when they didn't and only got a DLC trophy later, they took it as "Nope, not happening" and moved on.

When Nintendo partners up with Hasbro directly for a promotion, that raises eyebrows; especially since this is, to my recollection, the first promotional Splatfest, and it's Transformers-themed. That's highly unusual to do, and it shows that Nintendo is fine with promoting stuff from rival toy companies in their games. If this were, say, a Sonic theme, that'd be less unusual. The theme is so oddly timed, too; this is in the time we're waiting with baited breath for a Nintendo Direct, and thus the new Smash content. Could it be a subtle tease for something Smash-related? Maybe, but it may just be a promotional thing. Or it could be leading into future Transformers-related Amiibo. Who knows if this has any significance?

But it's definitely a sign that they could be working on something cooperatively; maybe a Wii U/3DS-exclusive Transformers game, maybe Amiibo-related things, but we do know they are in talks for the brand, and so ideas could get thrown around for that; and if they decide on Smash and getting a promotional character in, they'd go with Optimus Prime.

Of course, this is all just hypothesizing on my end, since we don't have many specifics on how this promotion was allowed in by Nintendo.
Psst...Squid Girl was a thing before Spaltoon

D

Deleted member

It's a sign that you are overlooking things because you want (and have made it painfully clear days ago) Optimus Prime to be in Smash.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
my message: 3 minutes ago
your post: Last edited: 2 minutes ago
Funny, it says I edited my post two minutes before you replied on my end.

Japanese Splatfests have been almost nothing but promotional events. All but one, IIRC.
Alright, the first English promotional Splatfest, then. :p

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Well, I suppose it's a fake leak? I'm not going to believe it anyway. Plus I don't see specific Palutena's Guidance conversations being added anytime soon.

Something else that may be interesting, a new article on Source Gaming where Sakurai answers to some questions some time after Brawl's release. It may be interesting to see how the three character without Subspace Emissary role were almost going to be cut, and how Wolf got in over Krystal.

Another thing, Sakurai said that the Wii Remote was a reason why L-cancel was removed... I mean, I doubt that Wiimote only not being an option would have an impact on whether L-cancel was going to return or not, but it still sounds kinda dumb. In all honesty this control option is so terrible I wouldn't have minded it not being allowed, though at the same time I admit it was the only option for me at a time to do free-for-alls with four players.

I'm sure Krystal fans are happy to know Sakurai puts her with the likes of Dry Bones and Baby Peach

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm sure Krystal fans are happy to know Sakurai puts her with the likes of Dry Bones and Baby Peach
Host: I see. But we did get a lot of questions like, “Why wasn’t Krystal a playable character?”

Sakurai: It’s not that I don’t understand how that feels, but if you start saying that, it becomes “Why isn’t Waddle Dee playable?” or Dry Bones, or Baby Peach. There’d be no end to it

I heard some Krystal fans commenting on this and saying "Oh so maybe Krystal DOES have a chance," but he basically compared her to generic characters like Dry Bones and Baby Peach... AND WADDLE DEE.

Yeah, its an old interview, so it doesn't mean much now, but... that's NOT something you want to be citing when thinking of characters. Especially since Sakurai himself never brought up Krystal. He basically said "we didn't have time and didn't even bother," not that she was planned. *sigh*

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
TimidKitsune129 said:
Oh, we talking about play-style ideas and such?

I have an idea in mind, though I'm gonna be busy for the entirety of this week. I'll share it after I'm less busy. Probably. Maybe. Perhaps.

I made a move-set not so long ago, and I have an idea on what play-style possibilities can be done with it, what can set it apart from other play-styles with similar elements and such. Some here probably know who I'm talking about~ :3

We'll see how it goes~
So remember this old post? Finally got around to doing this~ >w<;;

So I was referring to Gardevoir in this old post. :3

Anyways, here’s the move set. I’ll go over it in a bit more detail below~

Walk - 6 / 10
Run - 7 / 10
Jump - 7 / 10
Airspeed - 5 / 10
Weight - 2 / 10
Fallspeed - 3 / 10

Neutral-b:

Psybeam - Gardevoir charges her psychic power and unleashes a beam of intense energy. The beam takes a few seconds to charge fully and can be stored for later use, and the amount of charge it has will alter its output: if released immediately, the beam will do minimal damage; at its full capacity, the beam is considerably larger and a lot more powerful. It can even be aimed at an upward or downward angle for added tactical advantage!

CUSTOM 1: Hyper Beam - A devastating beam that does immense damage, yet can only be released at its maximum capacity. It also takes a toll on dear ol' Gardevoir, and after firing it, she will have to rest for a couple of seconds before she can move again. Although it's slow to fire and has intense endlag, it's easily Gardevoir's most powerful move and its immense damage and knockback speaks for itself.

CUSTOM 2: Charge Beam - A beam of pure electricity that paralyzes the opponent. Rather than launching the opponent, it does a small amount of damage and stuns the enemy for a moment, allowing Gardevoir to take advantage of them in their helpless state. It does no knockback, however, and cannot kill the opponent. It's the smallest and fastest of Gardevoir's beams and can be charged and stored at will.

Side-b:

Psyshock - Gardevoir strikes the opponent with a burst of psychic energy. The blast travels a short distance ahead of Gardevoir and launches the opponent upwards, doing decent damage and moderate knockback - follow up with a combo when the opponent is in the air and let 'em have it!

CUSTOM 1: Psywave - Gardevoir strikes with a burst of energy that affects the opponent in a variety of unpredictable ways. This move has a chance of paralyzing, freezing or burning the opponent, and the damage dealt caries from 1% to 20%. It doesn't do any knockback, though, and there's a chance it may not even cause flinching. Will Lady Luck smile upon you, or will you fall prey to the wrath of the RNG gods?

CUSTOM 2: Psycho Cut - Gardevoir strikes with a deadly blade of psychic energy. Though the range is much weaker than the default move (only striking directly in front of Gardevoir), is slower to come out and does no knockback, the blade will instantly shatter the opponent's shield if it connects and does more damage.

Down-b:

Barrier - Gardevoir summons a sphere of psychic energy that reflects projectiles from all angles. It doesn't defend against physical attacks, though, and a strong attack will shatter the barrier, forcing Gardevoir to wait a few seconds before summoning it again. Summoning the barrier will also push away the opponent, making it a useful keepaway tool if you need some space.

CUSTOM 1: Safeguard - Gardevoir summons a psychic shield that absorbs projectiles and converts them into health. The shield is much bigger than usual, though its intangible nature means the opponent can rush right in and attack Gardevoir without having to shatter it first. On the plus side, it doesn't have any recharge time, and absorbing a projectile while an ally is inside its area of effect will restore their health too - just remember that the same applies to the opponent as well.

CUSTOM 2: Trick Room - Gardevoir summons a psychic aura with a very unexpected power. This move creates a stationary barrier that increases the speed and knockback power of both the summoner and their allies, while doing the opposite to the opponent. This move is unique in that the barrier itself does not follow Gardevoir, and is instead placed where it is summoned. The effect only lasts while you're within the barrier itself, and it only lasts a few seconds, at which point it has a very long recharge time before it can be used again.

Up-b:

Return - Using her psychic energy and fueled by the love for her Trainer, Gardevoir creates a series of afterimages and travels through them. The images can be aimed in any direction and Gardevoir will move through them immediately after using the move, doing continuous damage and releasing a powerful explosion upon reaching the final image. It isn't very fast and doesn't travel very far, so caution must be exercised when aiming it.

CUSTOM 1: Frustration - Gardevoir uses her psychic energy to take to the skies with great force. Each image does miminal damage at low percentages, but as Gardevoir gets more and more damaged, this attacks power grows. It doesn't travel as far, but when it hits the opponent at the last image, it spikes them straight down with terrifying fury.

CUSTOM 2: U-Turn - Gardevoir dashes though the air with great speed, then immediately returns right back to where she took off from. Gardevoir turns in a sharp U if she hits an opponent, and otherwise will just dash straight ahead without changing direction. It doesn't travel as far, but the knockback is tremendous and can be useful for making a quick retreat if things get too hectic in the air.

Jab - Gardevoir thrusts her hand out and releases a combo of up to three magical shimmers

F-tilt - Gardevoir releases a narrow beam of psychic power that strikes dead ahead

U-tilt - Gardevoir thrusts her head upwards, striking with a wondrous halo of psychic energy

D-tilt - Gardevoir spins on her heel, releasing a psychic pulse at her feet

Dash - Gardevoir spreads her arms out and waltzes as she runs, knocking the opponent away with a trail of psychic energy

F-smash - Gardevoir hovers into the air and thrusts her hands out, creating a miniature black hole in front of her. It also has a suck-in effect that does continuous damage, similar to Mewtwo's U-Smash.

U-smash (Dazzling Gleam) - Gardevoir thrusts her hands out at either side, releasing a dazzling gleam overhead

D-smash - Gardevoir spins in a graceful pirouette and strikes low with her legs, releasing a psychic pulse at her feet

N-air (Magical Leaf) - Gardevoir releases a flurry of magical leaves all around, blowing back nearby opponents

F-air (Fairy Wind) - Gardevoir moves her arm upwards like a conductor's baton, summoning a gust of wind that blow the opponent away from her

B-air - Gardevoir kicks behind, striking with a shimmering blast of her heel

U-air - Gardevoir gracefully strikes above in a shimmering upward sweep of her body

D-air - Gardevoir spins gently downwards, the tips of her feet shimmering with psychic power

F-throw - Gardevoir spins her opponent around in a deadly waltz and throws them with a burst of psychic power;

B-throw - Gardevoir turns on her heel and drops the opponent on the ground with a graceful bow;

U-throw - Gardevoir throws her opponent upwards with an upward thrust of her spinning hands;

D-throw - Gardevoir drops the opponent onto the ground and kicks them away with a tap of her psionic toe

Final Smash: Moonblast - Gardevoir flies to the center of the stage and Mega Evolves. A large moon appears on the background and Gardevoir uses Hyper Voice to instantly stuns all the opponents in place before launching a super-powered Moonblast down at her unlucky victim, doing decent damage and tremendous knockback to all caught in its magnificent range.

Taunt 1: Gardevoir bows down and salutes, like performers do after a show.

Taunt 2: Gardevoir puts her hands together and floats quickly from side to side, which appear as afterimages.

Taunt 3: Gardevoir teleports around while doing a slow Balse dance by herself.

Gardevoir’s play-style is based on what’s known as a Squishy Wizard; a powerful long-range fighter, often times a mage, which can deal a lot of damage with projectiles but is very physically weak. The idea that I had in mind is basically a frail, graceful fighter that specializes in zoning and keep-away. Various dance moves and motions are incorporated into her move-set, as well as her taunts, which goes well with what she’s meant to resemble, a principal dancer. A graceful and elegant fighter, but none the less deadly. She also has a couple of keep-away tools, such as her f-air, which creates a small wind that pushes enemies back, and her f-smash, which is helpful against characters that recklessly try to rush down, and she also has decent speed that can help her fall back from dire situations. Finally, she has an ability that most other characters with projectiles don’t have, she is able to angle Psybeam, putting more emphasis on her zoning specialty.

All that being said however, she is incredibly frail. She is extremely light and floaty, which makes her die quickly. She has the keep-away tools to cover for this, but if one manages to breakthrough her projectile line, it will hurt, and it will hurt hard. She can handle herself up-close as well, but her physical frailness and lightness will make her prefer staying as far away from the opponent as possible.

The idea for this move-set comes from the fact that in the Pokémon games, she has really good Special Attack but very poor physical Defense. Her somewhat decent speed helps her cover for her physical weakness, but a well-placed blow may very well KO her in one go.

Now, let me go into greater detail on her move-set. I’ll most likely end up repeating the same things that are written under the spoilers, but I just want to make clear how things work and what properties the attacks have and such.

Neutral-b

Psybeam – Unlike most other projectiles in the game, Psybeam can be slightly aimed upwards or downwards. Psybeam can be charged up and stored for later use, and the beam can be very thin or slightly larger depending on how much it is charged.

Hyper Beam – Hyper Beam turns her projectile game on its toes and turns it into something akin to high risk, high reward. Unlike Psybeam, however, it is not possible to aim it upwards or downwards, and it needs to be fully charged to be able to use it. Being a severely devastating, but slow projectile means that using it is all about precision and patience, especially so due to the “recharge time” that comes after releasing it. Hyper Beam is an incredibly devastating attack, capable of KO opponents at really low percentages if it is able to land. If Gardevoir misses however, it will be devastating towards her, because she will be left wide open until she recharges her energy and is able to move again. It’s a powerful move that comes with a great price.

Charge Beam – Charge Beam plays more into her keep-away game, but takes away a powerful kill move. Charge Beam is great for paralyzing the opponent and then moving in for the kill, or even to help one escape from a tough situation. Charge Beam is essentially a hit-and-run move, especially so since the move doesn’t kill.

Side-b

Psyshock – Psyshock travels a short distance, so it’s best used when opponents are close enough to where using Psybeam is difficult. It sends opponents to the air when it collides with them, giving one a chance to set up for combos.

Psywave – In Pokémon, Psywave deals a random amount of damage. It has a similar form of RNG in Smash, with the added effects of possible paralysis, burning, and poisoning to make things more fun. It can deal damage ranging from 1% to 20%, though there’s a chance it may not deal any damage at all, leaving you open to attack. RNG, nuff said.

Psycho Cut – It hits only directly in front of Gardevoir and instantly breaks shields if an opponent blocks at the wrong time. It’s the most damaging of the three but also the slowest.

Down-b

Barrier – Barrier is a reflector that envelopes Gardevoir in a sphere of psychic energy, protecting her from all sides. Similar to Pit’s Guardian Orbitars, it can break if damaged too much, but it will recover shortly afterward. They can also help with spacing, since activating it when an opponent is really close pushes them back.

Safeguard – Safeguard serves as an energy absorption move, but with a few distinct quirks. Unlike Barrier, Safeguard is intangible so enemies are able to move through it without having to destroy it first. It also has another property; it can heal other fighters, both friend and foe, if they are within the sphere of energy when a projectile is absorbed.

Trick Room – Trick Room is completely different to Barrier and Safeguard in terms of functionality. Instead of being a barrier that protects from attacks, Trick Room sets up a stationary area of effect that buffs the speed and attack of allies while debuffing the opponents. This only applies while fighters are inside the Trick Room however; as soon as a fighter leaves the area of effect, their stats are normalized. Trick Room only lasts a few seconds and needs to recharge for a bit before being able to use it again. I wonder how helpful this could be in Team Battles...

Up-b

Return – A recovery that can be used offensively as well as helping the player, well, recover. It can be freely moved in any direction and any opponent that comes into contact with it will be taken along until it expires in a small, brilliant explosion fueled by friendship.

Frustration – Similar to Return but travels a shorter distance and does more damage the higher Gardevoir’s percentage is. Instead of sending opponents flying however, it sends them directly downwards.

U-Turn – A tackle that deals a lot more damage than Return and also comes out faster, but only moves forward. Hitting an opponent sends Gardevoir back in a U-Turn, serving as a good keep-away for opponents that are caught of guards.

I think that should be all~

If you’re interested in supporting, do please pass by the support thread, though don’t forget to join the group~! I’ll leave the link below. :3

Thoughts and critiques would be greatly appreciated~ :3

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So.

Here's an interesting question.

Out of all the single rep Nintendo series...

Do you think they would ever get a second character, who would that character be and list them in how likely you think that character appearing some time in the future is.
Complicated question.

To clarify, the single rep series are...

:4gaw: (Game and Watch)
:4littlemac::4wiremac:(Punch Out!!)
:4duckhunt: (Duck Hunt)
:4rob: (Gyromite/Stack Up)
:4falcon:(F-Zero)
:4villager::4villagerf:(Animal Crossing)
:4olimar::4alph:(Pikmin)
:4wiifit::4wiifitm:(Wii Fit)
:4shulk:(Xenoblade)

For my opinion, in order of likeliness.

1. :4villager: Likely for next game. Probably Isabelle.
  2. :4olimar::4alph::4shulk: Have pretty decent shots. I can see Alph getting promoted and a new Xenoblade protagonist getting in too.
  3. :4falcon:If revived, near guaranteed. Goroh or Black Shadow please.
  4. :4littlemac::4wiremac:Possible, I suppose. King Hippo?
  5. :4rob:Professor Hector ain't happening anytime soon.
  6. :4gaw::4duckhunt::4wiifit::4wiifitm:Literally no one left to add.

And on top of that, add rate your three most wanted Nintendo series.

Golden Sun (Unless we get a major revival, it will be just Isaac)
Chibi-Robo (Literally no one from this series aside from it's protagonist works)
Rhythm Heaven (I can only see one working as token representation.)

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
  1. :4littlemac::4wiremac:Possible, I suppose. King Hippo?)
I'm not sure about that, that's basically making Giga Mac his own character, even bigger and even less of an air , Punch Out is with just Mac, but perhaps if they make a "Punch Out!!! Women's Tournament" they can make the main character of that a slightly shorter with less reach, last minute clone of Mac

Her name will be Curly Frye

And or Matthew and or Felix deepening on how far they wanna go with Alt costumes

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
So.

Here's an interesting question.

Out of all the single rep Nintendo series...

Do you think they would ever get a second character, who would that character be and list them in how likely you think that character appearing some time in the future is.
Complicated question.

To clarify, the single rep series are...

:4gaw: (Game and Watch)
:4littlemac::4wiremac:(Punch Out!!)
:4duckhunt: (Duck Hunt)
:4rob: (Gyromite/Stack Up)
:4falcon:(F-Zero)
:4villager::4villagerf:(Animal Crossing)
:4olimar::4alph:(Pikmin)
:4wiifit::4wiifitm:(Wii Fit)
:4shulk:(Xenoblade)

For my opinion, in order of likeliness.

1. :4villager: Likely for next game. Probably Isabelle.
  2. :4olimar::4alph::4shulk: Have pretty decent shots. I can see Alph getting promoted and a new Xenoblade protagonist getting in too.
  3. :4falcon:If revived, near guaranteed. Goroh or Black Shadow please.
  4. :4littlemac::4wiremac:Possible, I suppose. King Hippo?
  5. :4rob:Professor Hector ain't happening anytime soon.
  6. :4gaw::4duckhunt::4wiifit::4wiifitm:Literally no one left to add.

And on top of that, add rate your three most wanted Nintendo series.

Chibi-Robo (Literally no one from this series aside from it's protagonist works)
Rhythm Heaven (I can only see one working as token representation.)
Eyy, this looks fun.

For the first part, I pretty much agree with your whole list and its ranking for newcomer likeliness. The second part, though:

1. The Wonderful 101 (Wonder Red, obviously. He's probably not likely since his game's sales tanked :( )
  2. Golden Sun (Isaac, pretty much)
  3. Sin and Punishment (Saki from the first game, though similarly to Wonder Red his series' relative obscurity would probably prevent him from appearing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom