• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So.

Here's an interesting question.

Out of all the single rep Nintendo series...

Do you think they would ever get a second character, who would that character be and list them in how likely you think that character appearing some time in the future is.
Complicated question.

To clarify, the single rep series are...

:4gaw: (Game and Watch)
:4littlemac::4wiremac:(Punch Out!!)
:4duckhunt: (Duck Hunt)
:4rob: (Gyromite/Stack Up)
:4falcon:(F-Zero)
:4villager::4villagerf:(Animal Crossing)
:4olimar::4alph:(Pikmin)
:4wiifit::4wiifitm:(Wii Fit)
:4shulk:(Xenoblade)

For my opinion, in order of likeliness.

1. :4villager: Likely for next game. Probably Isabelle.
  2. :4olimar::4alph::4shulk: Have pretty decent shots. I can see Alph getting promoted and a new Xenoblade protagonist getting in too.
  3. :4falcon:If revived, near guaranteed. Goroh or Black Shadow please.
  4. :4littlemac::4wiremac:Possible, I suppose. King Hippo?
  5. :4rob:Professor Hector ain't happening anytime soon.
  6. :4gaw::4duckhunt::4wiifit::4wiifitm:Literally no one left to add.

And on top of that, add rate your three most wanted Nintendo series.

Golden Sun (Unless we get a major revival, it will be just Isaac)
Chibi-Robo (Literally no one from this series aside from it's protagonist works)
Rhythm Heaven (I can only see one working as token representation.)
1. :4villager::4villagerf: - Isabelle is very likely if she stays where she is right now
2. :4shulk: - I can see Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X getting in if she becomes popular/her game is successful
3. :4olimar: - I could see Alph getting promoted since it would be very simple, but at the same time I don't know if it's really necessary
4. :4falcon: - If we get a new F-Zero game, this is near guaranteed (like Palutena). Goroh is mostly likely unless Black Shadow plays a major role in the game.

5. :4littlemac: - There's not really any need for a new Punch-Out!! character

6. :4rob::4gaw::4duckhunt::4wiifit::4wiifitm: - There's no feasible characters they could add

---
1. Excitebike - There's nobody else but the biker
2. Advance Wars - More likely Andy (FYI Sami is way cooler though)
3. Splatoon - Wouldn't be anyone but the standard Inklings

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
So.

Here's an interesting question.

Out of all the single rep Nintendo series...

Do you think they would ever get a second character, who would that character be and list them in how likely you think that character appearing some time in the future is.
Complicated question.

To clarify, the single rep series are...

:4gaw: (Game and Watch)
:4littlemac::4wiremac:(Punch Out!!)
:4duckhunt: (Duck Hunt)
:4rob: (Gyromite/Stack Up)
:4falcon:(F-Zero)
:4villager::4villagerf:(Animal Crossing)
:4olimar::4alph:(Pikmin)
:4wiifit::4wiifitm:(Wii Fit)
:4shulk:(Xenoblade)

For my opinion, in order of likeliness.

1. :4villager: Likely for next game. Probably Isabelle.
  2. :4olimar::4alph::4shulk: Have pretty decent shots. I can see Alph getting promoted and a new Xenoblade protagonist getting in too.
  3. :4falcon:If revived, near guaranteed. Goroh or Black Shadow please.
  4. :4littlemac::4wiremac:Possible, I suppose. King Hippo?
  5. :4rob:Professor Hector ain't happening anytime soon.
  6. :4gaw::4duckhunt::4wiifit::4wiifitm:Literally no one left to add.

And on top of that, add rate your three most wanted Nintendo series.

Golden Sun (Unless we get a major revival, it will be just Isaac)
Chibi-Robo (Literally no one from this series aside from it's protagonist works)
Rhythm Heaven (I can only see one working as token representation.)
1. :4villager: Pretty likely. Probably someone like Isabelle, Tom Nook (My personal choice), or KK Slider.
2. :4wario: Likely since the Wario series is pretty big. Would like Captain Syrup but probably Ashley or someone like Mona.
3. :4shulk: Maybe Elma or Cross if X does well. Maybe another character from Chronicles (Dunban, Fiora, Reyn, Metal Face)
4. :4olimar: Alph could get promoted (don't really want him to)
5. :4falcon: If F-Zero gets revived, I see Samurai Goroh getting in Smash. Black Shadow has a decent chance as well.
6. :4littlemac: King Hippo?
7. :4rob: That doctor guy in gyromite?
8. :4gaw:, :4duckhunt:,:4wiifit: Not really anyone to add.

Golden Sun (Isaac unless Golden Sun 4 happens)
Pro Wrestling (Unlikely, but Star Man. If the series gets a major revival, I can see The Amazon and Fighter Hayabusa (kinda boring).
Yuyuki (Goku. Not much else).

btw is Yoshi its own series?
:4yoshi: Not much to add but Kamek (Nintendo should really add something to his design so he doesn't look like a regular Magikoopa)

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Wow I've been gone for so long that there's now a separate thread for DLC characters only instead of just discussion for regular characters..

Anyway I wanted to share my prediction roster for after all DLC characters are announced and to hear what you guys think. :)

the right has just ATs that should have been playable or should be DLC but you don't have to comment on that if you don't want to

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wow I've been gone for so long that there's now a separate thread for DLC characters only instead of just discussion for regular characters..

Anyway I wanted to share my prediction roster for after all DLC characters are announced and to hear what you guys think. :)

the right has just ATs that should have been playable or should be DLC but you don't have to comment on that if you don't want to
1. That's a metric but ton of DLC characters. Way too many to be realistic.
2. Some of these characters are already deconfirmed like Chrom and Ridley (cries forever)
3. This is like the best dream roster ever.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Midna, Dark Samus, Ridley and Impa are in so 10/10!

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

If this is a prediction roster, there are WAY too many DLC characters. We haven't even gotten Snake back (his chances aren't even that huge since you know, the whole, "Konami is dumb" thing, but you added in Gray Fox? Its a pretty good roster overall (too many third parties for me). Transforming characters aren't a thing anymore so Tetra and Toon Zelda wouldn't work. Ridley is very unlikely and so is Chrom *joins @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei in crying eternally :cry:*. Also minus points for the lack of Samurai Goroh or Meowth. :glare::drflip::denzel:

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
1. That's a metric but ton of DLC characters. Way too many to be realistic.
2. Some of these characters are already deconfirmed like Chrom and Ridley (cries forever)
3. This is like the best dream roster ever.
Is there at least a small percentage of him getting in? :(
Midna, Dark Samus, Ridley and Impa are in so 10/10!
Im playing Twilight Princess now and I want her now more than ever, her inclusion is long overdue. Why wasn't she in Brawl and then in SSB4 I will never know.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is there at least a small percentage of him getting in?
Ridley and Chrom?

Sadly no.

Sakurai has already answered in interviews why both didn't get in and I doubt that will change.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

I doubt we'd get this many characters by the next Smash to be honest.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Im playing Twilight Princess now and I want her now more than ever, her inclusion is long overdue. Why wasn't she in Brawl and then in SSB4 I will never know.
My thoughts exactly...same with Dark Samus given how big the Primes were especially during Brawl...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, being in the right place at the wrong time doesn't help.
During Brawl speculation, Midna was super popular (if this existence of this site is any indication) and from a recent and very successful Zelda game (even by Zelda standards).
But...that was 2006. Brawl's roster was entirely decided in 2005. Twilight Princess wouldn't come out for over a year.

Meanwhile, in 2014, she got a resurgence of popularity thanks to her appearing in Hyrule Warriors - but again, this was over a year after the roster of SSB4 was decided (mid 2013).

So...third time's the charm maybe? Or if you're very optimistic maybe you think DLC counts as the "third time".

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Sakurai has disconfirmed Chrom in various ways

He's :4robinm:final smash
He's been regulated to a Mii Costume
He's :4robinf:final Smash
He has been pushing down the idea that Robin was a interesting concept and how he was too similar to Marth and Ike
Roy and Lucina already crowds the roster of FE characters especially how similar they are to :4marth:
HE'S :4robinm::4robinf: FINAL SMASH. AKA he'll never be playable unless you rework Robin's final smash something that would be a waste of time in this regard

My thoughts exactly...same with Dark Samus given how big the Primes were especially during Brawl...
Man, Prime 3 has a major supply of interesting characters especially Dark Samus and Rundas.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?

He has been pushing down the idea that Robin was a interesting concept and how he was too similar to Marth and Ike
Roy and Lucina already crowds the roster of FE characters especially how similar they are to :4marth:
HE'S :4robinm::4robinf: FINAL SMASH. AKA he'll never be playable unless you rework Robin's final smash something that would be a waste of time in this regard

Man, Prime 3 has a major supply of interesting characters especially Dark Samus and Rundas.
I'm one of those people that think making Chrom not playable was a big mistake on their behalf. I mean I don't understand why it had to be the choice of Chrom or Robin. Why not both? Would he really be that similar to Marth and Ike. and even if he was, his true fans including myself wouldn't care that much. They would just be thinking about how psyched they are to play as one of their most favorite characters.
Yes this talk about Chrom is pointless but…yeah
Well, being in the right place at the wrong time doesn't help.
During Brawl speculation, Midna was super popular (if this existence of this site is any indication) and from a recent and very successful Zelda game (even by Zelda standards).
But...that was 2006. Brawl's roster was entirely decided in 2005. Twilight Princess wouldn't come out for over a year.

Meanwhile, in 2014, she got a resurgence of popularity thanks to her appearing in Hyrule Warriors - but again, this was over a year after the roster of SSB4 was decided (mid 2013).

So...third time's the charm maybe? Or if you're very optimistic maybe you think DLC counts as the "third time".
The trouble with adding more Zelda Characters in my opinion is that there is already kind of… a lot on the current roster. I still don't know why Sakurai feels the need to include two Links. and Now Zelda and Sheik are separated. So I can't really tell what character(s) he'll include now if he's even going to

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I have a theory, well more of an idea actually, that if Chrom does become playable that he'd have the same Final Smash as Robin, were he summons Robin instead of vice versa...There are plenty of characters that share Final Smashes:4mario::4drmario:/:4fox::4falco:/:4zelda::4sheik::4darkpit:/:4marth::4lucina:/:4ness::4lucas: though with some slight differences in their properties...the same can be done for :4robinm:and Chrom and given their roles in Awakening as well as being apart of eachother's Final Smash, makes sense in a way...at least it isn't another Critical Hit...I dunno, guess for now people will have to settle with:4miisword: Final Smash for Chrom...

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Waluigi comfirmed in Super Mario Maker!
Waluigi Amiibo?
There's a ton of costumes in Mario Maker, so not every one will get an amiibo.
Also.
Why does everyone say this? THERE'S A ? BLOCK COSTUME IN MARIO MAKER! NOT EVERY COSTUME IN MARIO MAKER HAS AN AMIIBO (or will get one)!
All caps = yelling.
To be fair, Waluigi is fairly likely to get an amiibo in the Super Mario line, so assuming that he is getting one from this isn't really an overreaction.
This, however, is.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There's a ton of costumes in Mario Maker, so not every one will get an amiibo.
Also.

All caps = yelling.
To be fair, Waluigi is fairly likely to get an amiibo in the Super Mario line, so assuming that he is getting one from this isn't really an overreaction.
This, however, is.
Yeah, but every single time a new Mario Maker costume is revealed people suddenly jump up and say "OMG AMIIBO FOR THIS CHARACTER?!" Its aggravating.

Although personally I don't think Waluigi will be getting an Amiibo any time soon. There's not even a sign of the Super Mario Amiibo line continuing at this point, and I think they'll go for actual important characters (e.g. not Waluigi or Daisy, who serve no importance except to be in spinoffs).

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yeah, but every single time a new Mario Maker costume is revealed people suddenly jump up and say "OMG AMIIBO FOR THIS CHARACTER?!" Its aggravating.
Yes, but that was before everyone knew about how many there were. We only saw Waluigi and Tingle until just a while ago. People get news at different rates.
Regardless, it isn't THAT aggravating, is it?
Although personally I don't think Waluigi will be getting an Amiibo any time soon. There's not even a sign of the Super Mario Amiibo line continuing at this point, and I think they'll go for actual important characters (e.g. not Waluigi or Daisy, who serve no importance except to be in spinoffs).
Even though the Super Mario line of amiibos was created to be used expressly for spin-offs, and spin-offs are pretty important.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Seeing all this clone discussion made me want to give my own take on the matter, hopefully you guys find it interesting.

Sakurai usually includes clones as "extras" once the rest of the roster had been decided. I have never liked this attitude, I think every clone should be planned from the start so we can properly flesh them out instead of waiting for Smash sequels to do it.

I still have nightmares of seeing Dark Pit, one of my anticipated theoretical clones (Hey, I like Pit's playstyle, and a substantial variation on it would have been pretty fun, admit it), turning out to only have 4 total gameplay differences I can literally list without having to elaborate. Whether or not you think he should have been a costume or not, if Sakurai properly fleshed out Dark Pit to, at the very least, have a Fox-Falco dynamic with regular Pit, people wouldn't be complaining and raging nearly to the same degree we all are currently. I argue people would have only been saying that Kid Icarus was overrepresented like usual, but not much else to complain about since he plays distinct enough in this scenario.

And Lucina pretty much being something as uninspired as being "Marth without a tipper" instead of something more interesting is just so sad, guys, especially since Roy was brought back with a great half-clone moveset, making Lucina look like a much less attractive choice of a Marth variation gameplay-wise.

See, some of us don't mind clones, and actually enjoy seeing variations on enjoyable or cool movesets--when they're given the proper time to be fleshed out. Even back in Melee, where we got 6 new clones, most of them were fleshed out nicely enough to feel worthy and distinct from their bases, especially in their attack trajectory and strengths. Dark Pit and Lucina don't even have THAT going for them, when it would have been easy to program since they share all attack animations save like one or two (Dark Pit even shares Pit's BONES) similar to many Melee clones' situation.

On a side note, I would have really liked to see Alph as a separate Olimar clone instead of an alternate costume for him. Olimar's moveset is so unique and interesting and there are many ways to offer an interesting variation on it that Alph would have been a great opportunity to jump on, but sadly it was not to be. Some argue it would make Olimar less unique or whatever, but again, if Alph was worked hard enough on, he would still have felt very distinct so as to mitigate whatever imaginary damage to Olimar's uniqueness Alph's inclusion would have caused.

I cannot stress this enough: All of the above situations the Smash 4 clone newcomers (and Alph) were unfavorably placed in would have been avoided had the team planned their inclusion from the start, instead of being added "after the main roster was decided." I know a lot of people groan and moan about clones in Smash, but it's important to recognize the value in them and the differences and variation they bring to the table. The more vocal we get about liking their substantial differences rather than bashing their inclusion as "wasted space," the less we'll have situations like the ones Lucina and Dark Pit were placed in, where they pretty much ARE wasted space since they bring nothing substantial to the table. It would give the Smash team a heads up to always do whatever clones they want to do PROPERLY.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Seeing all this clone discussion made me want to give my own take on the matter, hopefully you guys find it interesting.

Sakurai usually includes clones as "extras" once the rest of the roster had been decided. I have never liked this attitude, I think every clone should be planned from the start so we can properly flesh them out instead of waiting for Smash sequels to do it.

I still have nightmares of seeing Dark Pit, one of my anticipated theoretical clones (Hey, I like Pit's playstyle, and a substantial variation on it would have been pretty fun, admit it), turning out to only have 4 total gameplay differences I can literally list without having to elaborate. Whether or not you think he should have been a costume or not, if Sakurai properly fleshed out Dark Pit to, at the very least, have a Fox-Falco dynamic with regular Pit, people wouldn't be complaining and raging nearly to the same degree we all are currently. I argue people would have only been saying that Kid Icarus was overrepresented like usual, but not much else to complain about since he plays distinct enough in this scenario.

And Lucina pretty much being something as uninspired as being "Marth without a tipper" instead of something more interesting is just so sad, guys, especially since Roy was brought back with a great half-clone moveset, making Lucina look like a much less attractive choice of a Marth variation gameplay-wise.

See, some of us don't mind clones, and actually enjoy seeing variations on enjoyable or cool movesets--when they're given the proper time to be fleshed out. Even back in Melee, where we got 6 new clones, most of them were fleshed out nicely enough to feel worthy and distinct from their bases, especially in their attack trajectory and strengths. Dark Pit and Lucina don't even have THAT going for them, when it would have been easy to program since they share all attack animations save like one or two (Dark Pit even shares Pit's BONES) similar to many Melee clones' situation.

On a side note, I would have really liked to see Alph as a separate Olimar clone instead of an alternate costume for him. Olimar's moveset is so unique and interesting and there are many ways to offer an interesting variation on it that Alph would have been a great opportunity to jump on, but sadly it was not to be. Some argue it would make Olimar less unique or whatever, but again, if Alph was worked hard enough on, he would still have felt very distinct so as to mitigate whatever imaginary damage to Olimar's uniqueness Alph's inclusion would have caused.

I cannot stress this enough: All of the above situations the Smash 4 clone newcomers (and Alph) were unfavorably placed in would have been avoided had the team planned their inclusion from the start, instead of being added "after the main roster was decided." I know a lot of people groan and moan about clones in Smash, but it's important to recognize the value in them and the differences and variation they bring to the table. The more vocal we get about liking their substantial differences rather than bashing their inclusion as "wasted space," the less we'll have situations like the ones Lucina and Dark Pit were placed in, where they pretty much ARE wasted space since they bring nothing substantial to the table. It would give the Smash team a heads up to always do whatever clones they want to do PROPERLY.
Actually, I heard that they all were planned as clones from the start, only staying alts if they didn't have time to promote them (?)
If that is true, then they didn't have time to declone them anyways. And they probably didn't.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The main thing is that it seems in Brawl Sakurai made it a point to get rid of clones...seeing Falco and Ganondorf get the Semi-clone treatment, while Young Link was seemingly 'upgraded' into Toon Link, both Roy and Dr. Mario would've had the same treatment back then had the team been able to implement them...As well as the complete absence of emochu Pichu...

Then in Smash 4 it seems like he takes a step back and makes more true-clone characters with no Semi-clones added save for Roy's updated moveset, which was likely worked on during Brawl anyways...so far we have no new clone characters that are not palette swaps of their originals in smash 4 which seems odd considering how clones were treated in Brawl...sure time is an thing but is that really all that could've been done? I mean at least Dr. Mario plays like a semi-clone even though he is still a palette swap...but the same can't really be said about Dark Pit and Lucina who's minor differences don't really differentiate them that much...When playing against a Marth or Lucina I approach the matchup pretty much the same way, cept against Marth I have to be a bit more mindful of spacing with those tippers where as Lucina's tend to be a bit more aggressive...Dark Pit and Pit is literally the same matchup cept Dark Pit is slightly harder to kill because of his weight...

These clones just seem 'lazy'...which is why they are hated so much, sure time was a factor but adding last minute characters without doing too much to differentiate them then saying that 'they are extras' is still kinda pushing it...In other fighting games it's one thing because a lot of these characters are literally 'extras' and not fan-favourites from other popular titles but in smash it's a different story and sometimes it leaves a lot to be desired years down the line, if Ganondorf is any indication, as players know what they are capable of outside of this game...

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Actually, I heard that they all were planned as clones from the start, only staying alts if they didn't have time to promote them (?)
If that is true, then they didn't have time to declone them anyways. And they probably didn't.
I dunno how true this is, I've only heard the usual "All three of the Smash 4 clones were originally alternate costumes" shtick.

My point was only that clones should always have a substantial amount of thought put into them so they don't feel like pointless filler. Whatever is going on in the Smash 4 team's mindset isn't my concern, because that mindset clearly didn't flesh out Lucina and Dark Pit enough. Their mindset should change.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This goes against Sakurai's statements and the data in the game so I think we can assume this is false.

Unless @ PushDustIn PushDustIn pulls something out of his wizard cap.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
This goes against Sakurai's statements and the data in the game so I think we can assume this is false.

Unless @ PushDustIn PushDustIn pulls something out of his wizard cap.
I put on my wizard cap and robe...

No they were originally planned as alts. They were made to be clones because the alts had differences and Sakurai decided for the fighting record purposes, it'd be better to split characters with differences. (See "I answered some questions" translated by Soma on Source Gaming.) Therefore it's possible that Alph as an alt, pre-clone process had some differences but due to lack of time to fully commit to separating him, those differences were dropped(Alph was considered for a clone translated by @Aeris on Source Gaming) but that's just pure speculation as all we know is that Rock Pikmin were talked about. We don't know if any of those differences were actually implemented. AFAIK there is no leftover data.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The main thing is that it seems in Brawl Sakurai made it a point to get rid of clones...seeing Falco and Ganondorf get the Semi-clone treatment, while Young Link was seemingly 'upgraded' into Toon Link, both Roy and Dr. Mario would've had the same treatment back then had the team been able to implement them...As well as the complete absence of emochu Pichu...

Then in Smash 4 it seems like he takes a step back and makes more true-clone characters with no Semi-clones added save for Roy's updated moveset, which was likely worked on during Brawl anyways...so far we have no new clone characters that are not palette swaps of their originals in smash 4 which seems odd considering how clones were treated in Brawl...sure time is an thing but is that really all that could've been done? I mean at least Dr. Mario plays like a semi-clone even though he is still a palette swap...but the same can't really be said about Dark Pit and Lucina who's minor differences don't really differentiate them that much...When playing against a Marth or Lucina I approach the matchup pretty much the same way, cept against Marth I have to be a bit more mindful of spacing with those tippers where as Lucina's tend to be a bit more aggressive...Dark Pit and Pit is literally the same matchup cept Dark Pit is slightly harder to kill because of his weight...

These clones just seem 'lazy'...which is why they are hated so much, sure time was a factor but adding last minute characters without doing too much to differentiate them then saying that 'they are extras' is still kinda pushing it...In other fighting games it's one thing because a lot of these characters are literally 'extras' and not fan-favourites from other popular titles but in smash it's a different story and sometimes it leaves a lot to be desired years down the line, if Ganondorf is any indication, as players know what they are capable of outside of this game...
Expect that Lucina cannot be more agressive than Marth. This is due to the fact she lacks the hitlag modifiers that Marth has, meaning her attacks are less safe on shield than Marth's. So really, she cannot be used effectively unless she is used like Marth.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'm one of those people that think making Chrom not playable was a big mistake on their behalf. I mean I don't understand why it had to be the choice of Chrom or Robin. Why not both?
Because that would take up time and resources.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Because that would take up time and resources.
And Chrom was boring. He could spend all that time making Chrom into a character, but he didn't think the end result would really be all that interesting compared to the likes of Robin, so he just didn't bother.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
He mentioned somewhere that he had tried to get Ridley to work, but couldn't do it sometime during Smash 4's development; I don't remember where, exactly.

So that basically confirms he's a cut character.
Source. Definitely need a source for this.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I don't remember anything about Ridley actually being considered (although his stage boss suggests he might have been considering he has almost a fully functional moveset)...Sakurai basically stated 'he won't work' rather than 'we couldn't get him to work'...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
And Chrom was boring. He could spend all that time making Chrom into a character, but he didn't think the end result would really be all that interesting compared to the likes of Robin, so he just didn't bother.
And this Chrom's biggest issue. He's dull, he's uninteresting as a fighter, he has nothing to make him stand out. Even :4feroy: who is considered the worst lord in the series has an interesting concept and made into a unique Semi-Clone. His daughter :4lucina: can be easily implemented due to her pretty much being Rule 63 Marth.

Tell me what makes Chrom unique from other FE lords even to that of characters like Sigurd, Lyn, Hector, Ephriam, Micaiah and even Kamui

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
And this Chrom's biggest issue. He's dull, he's uninteresting as a fighter, he has nothing to make him stand out. Even :4feroy: who is considered the worst lord in the series has an interesting concept and made into a unique Semi-Clone. His daughter :4lucina: can be easily implemented due to her pretty much being Rule 63 Marth.

Tell me what makes Chrom unique from other FE lords even to that of characters like Sigurd, Lyn, Hector, Ephriam, Micaiah and even Kamui
Personally I don't think Roy is any better than Chrom, really. Though I guess Chrom is a bit more annoying because he even uses the same sword as Marth (well, the blade, anyway; the hilt has been replaced many times over the years). Roy's only real "unique" attribute is the fire thing, which is probably what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom