• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The problem is that there's this interesting mindset from fans that if it's not what they want, it's going to suck, or isn't meeting expectations. That's called being narrow minded.

I was narrow minded once. Then I tried things I didn't think i'd like. I played as characters I doubted I would like. I enjoy pretty much everyone on the roster, because I play Smash Bros. I get the feeling that not everyone who frequents these boards actually plays the game. Considering it is a game for people to play with others, I would like to think that the actual content that will end up being in the game is more important than the information that certain fans think might be important or isn't. I place importance on things that others don't, and that's fine.

Something we need to remember is that, despite characters from different series being in Smash, Smash is NOT those universes/series. Characters don't HAVE to be 100% accurate to be a good addition. Ike in Smash isn't entirely like he is from Fire Emblem. That's fine. I think he's a blast to play as. I'm not playing Fire Emblem, I'm playing Smash. If Ike was the same as his source material, he'd be broken. As would a majority of the rest of the roster would be if that were the case.

Does that mean a character should take liberties for a majority of their moves? Probably not. But the characters have to be able to fit into the control scheme of Smash. Every character has done that so far, and have pretty much all been great additions. The only character that I truly am against coming back is Young Link, because I feel his niche is filled.

This fanbase (because it's not just Smashboards) has a toxicity problem whenever there's something they don't like. Such a negative outlook.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
User was warned for this post
The problem is that there's this interesting mindset from fans that if it's not what they want, it's going to suck, or isn't meeting expectations. That's called being narrow minded.

I was narrow minded once. Then I tried things I didn't think i'd like. I played as characters I doubted I would like. I enjoy pretty much everyone on the roster, because I play Smash Bros. I get the feeling that not everyone who frequents these boards actually plays the game. Considering it is a game for people to play with others, I would like to think that the actual content that will end up being in the game is more important than the information that certain fans think might be important or isn't. I place importance on things that others don't, and that's fine.

Something we need to remember is that, despite characters from different series being in Smash, Smash is NOT those universes/series. Characters don't HAVE to be 100% accurate to be a good addition. Ike in Smash isn't entirely like he is from Fire Emblem. That's fine. I think he's a blast to play as. I'm not playing Fire Emblem, I'm playing Smash. If Ike was the same as his source material, he'd be broken. As would a majority of the rest of the roster would be if that were the case.

Does that mean a character should take liberties for a majority of their moves? Probably not. But the characters have to be able to fit into the control scheme of Smash. Every character has done that so far, and have pretty much all been great additions. The only character that I truly am against coming back is Young Link, because I feel his niche is filled.

This fanbase (because it's not just Smashboards) has a toxicity problem whenever there's something they don't like. Such a negative outlook.
For the love of god, drop the imperial tone.
Narrowminded is the inability to perceive a concept, other than your own, as the accurate or even possible interpretation.

The fact that you, unprovoked even, hold steadfast to your own points of view, are a great example of this word you bring to the table.
Your continued propagation of this conversation, to have your statements be the last word despite being unfueled by others and against your own stated principle of letting the argument settle, demonstrates two other pertinent words: hypocrite and irony.

Perhaps the next lesson should be in imperial-humility, because Its becoming thick enough to cut with a keyblade.

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
People who say vet characters won't bring hype I think don't do their research. I know that they are not official, but have you guys not seen fanmade polls especially in Japan? Roy, Wolf and Snake were all in the top 10 places for DLC. Just goes to show vets definitley still does have hype, especially the ones people never thought would even come back.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
For the love of god, drop the imperial tone.
Narrowminded is the inability to perceive a concept, other than your own, as the accurate or even possible interpretation.

The fact that you, unprovoked even, hold steadfast to your own points of view, are a great example of this word you bring to the table.
Your continued propagation of this conversation, to have your statements be the last word despite being unfueled by others and against your own stated principle of letting the argument settle, demonstrates two other pertinent words: hypocrite and irony.
I'm narrow minded? Give me an example, I'd love to see it. However, this isn't even on topic.

The more I think about it, I think if we get a newcomer as our next reveal...something tells me it'd be a character chosen pre-ballot. But that's just me. There's really no way to tell for right now. Unless of course the only "pre-ballot" was the first 4 we got, which could also be the case.

If it's the former, i'm going with Inklings. If it's the latter, it could be anybody.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I don't get the point of this thread. We all know the one and only character worthy of DLC is :substitute:.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I will not allow this fallacy to exist, sorry.
There is nothing of Pokemon Trainer in Smash Bros; what you mean to say is 1/3 the Brawl Trainer's Pokemon are in the game...(the Pokemon are not, in any way, the actual character.)
The only thing damning Sakurai is a stubborn notion that whatever a character is conceived to be represented as in his mind, is the only thing it can be in future installments. We have 0/infinity of Pokemon Trainer.

Oasis Dealer Oasis Dealer
Your post literally says first paragraph that a veteran can generate the amount of hype that a newcomer could. In paragraph two, you state its not possible.
Let us get some things clear:
The most wanted veteran was Mewtwo: he is in no way anything other than an exception to the rule. With him, we not only found out about DLC at all, but were assured that veterans from Melee could come back, as well being a confirmation that the 'general fan demand' had been heard.

There is quite literally no veteran in the same boat (with the only two possibilities being Snake and ICs, who would be well received more for being a third party from a dead-gaming company, or proof that prior technical details were not going to be dropped forever). That said, they also each bring in a whole new universe/franchise to the field, and in the case of ICs, one of the most unique 'gimmicks' we have seen within a character.
Veterans arent the same as newcomers because the cannot even climb the ladder of 'unexpected.' There is not a shock value of excitement about a veteran, at this point.
I never meant it like that. Maybe I worded it wrong, but let me put it this way. People would be very excited to see newcomers. It's what people want to see. However, it's not like a veteran coming back couldn't bring the same amount of excitement as a newcomer. While characters like Young Link and Pichu won't, characters like Snake and Ice Climbers could because barely anyone was expecting them, hence there being shock value (Also helps that people want these two back). Wolf would make people very happy to see him come back, as he seems to have tons of support. Hell, look at Lucas, there were MANY that were excited to see him come back. And I don't like seeing Mewtwo as an exception to this rule. Even with the implications he brought for DLC, people were REALLY anticipating him pre-release, almost as if he would be a newcomer to the series.

Veterans shouldn't be seen as different from newcomers, but just like them. Just because a character may not bring shock value that leads to excitement, doesn't mean people will see them any less. And while characters like Young Link and the pokemon go against this possibly, there's at least some form of a reason as to why they are among the least requested.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm narrow minded? Give me an example, I'd love to see it. However, this isn't even on topic.

The more I think about it, I think if we get a newcomer as our next reveal...something tells me it'd be a character chosen pre-ballot. But that's just me. There's really no way to tell for right now. Unless of course the only "pre-ballot" was the first 4 we got, which could also be the case.

If it's the former, i'm going with Inklings. If it's the latter, it could be anybody.
1- you brought up the topic of being narrowminded. You wrote an entire post about it, just before this. That makes the word relevant.
2- Yes, youre being narrowminded, because you believe only your thoughts are the ones that makes sense.

Not dignifying anything further in this realm, particularly as not one person (well, Codeblue may have) has actually made any attempt to delve into the psychology of what appears to people, in mass. Beyond Smash, beyond polls.

Stepping down from this conversation, as I find it not only boring but tedious and unresponsive.

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace

I think if anyone from one of Nintendo's more modern games it has to be the Inkling or at least get a Splatoon stage. I mean we got Super Mario Maker so anything against Splatoon getting content is kind of invalid now especially because of how recent Super Mario Maker and successful that game is its just as big and popular of a Wii U game as Splatoon is.

I don't get the point of this thread. We all know the one and only character worthy of DLC is :substitute:.
And yes you can never go wrong with :substitute: substitute doll. :substitute:FTW!

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
This thread has more guests than any birthday i've ever had.

The only sad part about this is I need a thesaurus to read half the duke's posts.

The only narrow thing in this thread is my urethra. #HankHill

Last edited:

DizzyBoyGenius

Smash Rookie
Well since this just seems to be a giant pit of flame I'd like to say that I got what I wanted out of the DLC in July and any other addition would be absolutely lovely to see as long as it isn't ridiculous.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Enough of the petty callouts, and otherwise off-topic/spam posts. If the entirety of your post consists of nothing but the above/is only serving to add to the fire, then they have no real substance or purpose being here. Ignore and/or report if you have any problems with any other user.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Currently playing through Yoshi's Woolly World. I think it'd be pretty cool if they added a Yarn Yoshi costume, as well as a Yarn Kirby costume. Might be pretty cool.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
C'mon now, let's dowse these flames, not every gets along all the time, but we're all friends in some sense
Everyone just needs a break, go open a window for a bit and take a few big breaths, eat and or drink your favourite thing, maybe take a nap?

There's better things to do than fight, we can SMASH!

Now tell me, what do you like about your most wanted Smash Character?
Not why they should be playable, Just why you like them in general.

Last edited:
I am dissapointed puns are now warning worthy. Don't know why I didn't get an alert though.

So uhhhhhh. how about those mario characters.
Paper mario and (Captain) toad are cool right?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I try to use humor to put out the fire, also it helps divert the current heated topic.

Smash needs more villains.

Smashboards mods for smash!

Lol, dont ban me.

*Mods ban the competition*

Burruni

Smash Hero
I am dissapointed puns are now warning worthy. Don't know why I didn't get an alert though.

Two of the big three for Mario characters.... come Smash 5.

My personal vote's to Waa, then the Captain, and Paper Mario third.

Newcomers mostly get most taken from their recent additions. The less I would see from SPM and SS in a Paper Mario fighter the better. We get a proper game of the series, and I'll be right behind him getting in.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Agreed. These are the only Mario characters that I feel are guaranteed as DLC or future newcomers. Paper Mario from is a decently popular RPG special subseries and Captain Toad has a bright future ahead of him thanks to Treasure Tracker.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So, on topic of DLC, I've been currently playing through Star Fox Adventures for the first time in over a decade. The staff combat really makes me want Krystal even more so.

C'mon now, let's dowse these flames, not every gets along all the time, but we're all friends in some sense
Everyone just needs a break, go open a window for a bit and take a few big breaths, eat and or drink your favourite thing, maybe take a nap?

My most wanted is Wolf, and I've always been a fan of him. Just the character himself, really. Mostly based off his Assault version though.

Captain Toad would be alright, I just don't know how they'd make him jump. Maybe use a gadget or something? As for Paper Mario, I'd much rather not see him.

Captain Toad would be alright, I just don't know how they'd make him jump. .
Same way a lot of things happen in this game. Saying **** canon. Smash, while really accurate in some things can be hilariously inaccurate on others. Movesets is one of those so he could easily jump is Sakurai wanted him. Artistic liberties are fun.

My most wanted character shouldn't be playable anyway
Viridi. She is my favorite character in my favorite game of all time. plus nature powers and a staff scythe (and maybe claws and a tatoo that shoots lasers) would probably be a REALLY fun moveset.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well if ya gotta ask....

Twilight Princess, admittedly, is one of my favourite games...can't even comprehend the amount of hours put into the game...honestly couldn't complain about the content the game has received in Smash either (well except for the obvious)...

Midna playing a very large role within the game obviously makes her a very big reason why I like the game so much. She probably has some of the best character development I've seen in the Zelda series as a whole (which says something if you consider all the memorable characters in the series) and unlike other companions she's actually somewhat useful and less annoying in comparison (Warps you throughout the world, aids in your mobility, transports large otherwise impossible to move objects, assists you in combat, doesn't tell you how to open a door but instead just opens it for you, etc)...

Also as an amateur concept artist I do admit that I love her design (both her Imp form and True form)...I would say that my favourite character design in the entire Zelda franchise is indeed her True form though...it is simply gorgeous!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I've always like the idea of Paper Mario. Although I'd definitely like to see other series get characters before Mario or Pokemon get anymore.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Honestly.... my number one character for addition at this point is probably Waluigi.

He's a quirky character, an absolute oddball that has existed for the spin-offs and has gotten to be one of my favorite Mario characters period. I've obviously gotten into the general trek for enjoying some of the more "unorthadox" characters (:4jigglypuff::4gaw::4wario2::4bowserjr:) and there's just a lot of weird charm to really work with him. Gods... I've wanted a Wario-Waluigi rival to be a crux of a Mario & Luigi RPG, I've wanted Waluigi as a major character for a main title. I've wanted a Wario World 2 with Waluigi as a bro-op character. There's just so much room to grow and smash is just one outlet for someone I really like to become more expansive.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

My most wanted is Rayman.
Rayman has always been in my top 3 gaming franchises of all-time (the first two being Sonic and Mario). The games are filled with great level design, music, atmosphere, and characters. It's a series that has always stayed consistent with quality in at least the main series, even with the jump to 3D.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Hey... I'm... heading off for a bit. I don't quite know when I'll be back. If the boards lock down or any junk like that during my time gone and any of you "need" to keep in touch, PM me and we'll like set up contact through skype or steam or whatever.

I just hope for all of our sake that we don't go that much longer without news... but I've all but given up on the prospect.

Sayonara.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Oh man, I have a lot of wanted characters, but currently I want an Advance Wars character. Even though I like FE a bit more than AW, I've always liked the characters in AW. Andy, Sami and Max would be so cool. I could imagine them playing like a cartoony version of Snake.

I also want an FE character, like Hector or something as well as Zael, Dixie and another Xenoblade character. Can't see any of them happening aside from Dixie, though. Besides, majority of my most wanted characters aren't really good ideas for Smash, IMO. They would certainly cause flame wars. Much bigger flame wars than like say KKR or Wolf if they ever got in, that's for sure. I at least hope that some of these chars get in as Mii outfits, maybe even as character alts. I never understood why Sakurai doesn't take advantage of character skins. All you have to do is change the model, and give the character a different voice. Is there any legitimate reason as to why there isn't a Ken skin, or a Mrs. Pacman skin? I mean, really. I just assume that these ideas never crossed Sakurai's mind.

D

Deleted member

While I initially voted for Zael and he's still one of my most wanted characters, I honestly want Simon Belmont more.

While I enjoyed The Last Story and I'm sure Zael would be a great addition to the roster, Castlevania is one of my favorite video game franchises of all time, Simon has potential for a fun moveset with the whip and an arsenal of sub-weapons, and I'd have a blast hearing classic songs such as "Bloody Tears" and Simon's own theme while battling at Dracula's castle (that isn't to say The Last Story doesn't have its share of well-composed music as well).

Unfortunately, I don't have much confidence in either of these characters' chances. Zael isn't a popular candidate and Simon has to compete with the veteran Snake, whose chances aren't very high either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys, I don't think any of you guys in this thread know me. I'am Cool Guy. You guys will have to wait. I just want to say that revealing a new character is like unveiling a new car at a auto show. The Smash fans want a new character just like car enthusiasts who want fast cars, and also don't want veterans as DLC is like they don't want a car they see everyday.
You see guys, seeing a veteran returning to Smash with some new moves is like a car getting a new generation with new upgrades and a redesign. I compared clones like :4lucina:,:4darkpit: , and:pichumelee: which people don't like him because he is a joke character despite his cute looks, is like a rebadging a car and you know that rebadge cars are usually bad. I treat clones as bonus. However let's talk about the Smash Ballot, the Smash Ballot is like trying to get sales and popularity and also like automakers trying to be the World's largest automaker in the entire world. Also, guys, selling DLC is like having the cars go on sales on certain days. People let themselves down because their favorite video game character didn't make it into the game as DLC like car enthusiasts are really sad because they didn't get the dream car that they want the brand to make. Also cutting a character is like discontinuing a car.

Anyway, back to the topic the Smash Ballot is also like which car brands that they love the most. (Also Sakurai use this because he want to choose the characters that he think who look like they are ready to be in Smash Bros. It like which cars what are they going to sold? It is going to sold very well? Will it not sell well?) So here we go guys!:
King K.Rool and Shovel Knight=Tesla(Everybody love him like everybody love Tesla. Also Shovel Knight had one game like Tesla only had 1 but now 2 cars.)
Wolf=Toyota(Very popular veteran like most people buy Toyota.)
Snake=Honda (Another popular veteran just like Honda is selling like hotcakes like Toyota.)
Shantae=Ford (Had alot of games for Nintendo consoles.)
Rayman=Volkswagen ( Lot of people love him, like Volkswagen doing fine.)
Inkling=Mazda (Game sold very well just like Mazda is a small automaker and sold really well.)
Issac=Suzuki (a niche but popular and cool just like Suzuki is a small automaker like Mazda but very popular and also fun.)

So guys, I just compared the car brands to Smash Bros. DLC.
Anyway not kinda Smash related do these cars reminded you of Pikachu?

Oh, also not Smash related, I love cars, my favorite automakers were Hyundai,Mitsubishi ,Mazda ,Suzuki,Tesla and Toyota because they make awesome,cute and reliable cars! Oh, guys one more thing before I'am done typing on this post is that I love Smash and that the fanbase need to get mature and patient, it been like 5 months since the last DLC and 4 months since Iwata died and we got a new CEO last month and he say that we are going to get Directs soon. So be patient guys! I'am sure we will get one soon.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

You know how in most platformers, you have to deal with a lot of.....well platforming.

Well this character likes to pretty much tell platformers that I OWN YOU.

Dixie Kong fits that build. She was my favorite Kong and was sadden when she hasn't gotten her time in the spotlight until Tropical Freeze where I was ecstatic when she returned.

I loved her playstyle in DKC 2 and how fun of a character she was. She was like 90s Punk teenage girl who's into Rock and just blows bubble gum like she doesn't care and she's the up there with Samus the best Nintendo female lead ever (she starred in her own game).

She's the koolest Kong in the park and I just love how she is.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Well, I say Lark from Pilot Wings 64. I really like his simple design, and going off of his personality from Nintendo Power magazine, his cocky demeanor kind of made me laugh. Also, my favorite Pilot Wings game is Pilot Wings 64, which a colorful cast of playable characters, and my "main" in that game was none other than Lark himself, and I occasionally played as his female opposite in the same game, Kiwi. Both were really fun for me to play as, and to this day, I'm still a bit disappointed Nintendo hasn't given the cast of PW 64 a full appearance in any game in the series so far, not to mention even a trophy of any of the cast in Smash 4.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Just saw this again recently :upsidedown: Thought I'd share in case others hadn't seen it.

Also, contrary to popular belief playing and enjoying the game doesn't mean you can't be on edge or feel left in the dark about dlc as well. They are completely different emotional states. So maybe I fell for the hype, I don't need to be told to just play the game and forget like I'm not already enjoying it as is... Because I do. That's a cheap tactic to even bring up at this point. Regardless of how entitled it may sound, the way Nintendo is going about not even acknowledging the end of the ballot yet is difficult for many people. Can we get over it? Of course... But are you helping by letting me know I have access to plenty of characters I already enjoy? No.

It's my favorite game of the gen as is, so with no more characters I'd still find countless hours for smash, but dlc is something abnormally incredible to the series, so I don't need to feel like I have to bottle that hype or hide my confusion because we've been in the dark about something that we'd expect even a little detail on by now. Even, "hey the ballot is over we'll get back to you guys later." Would be fair.

The real issue is that this thread has zero to talk about so people are rambling the obvious, or spewing the same pointless mumbo jumbo in social formats, mixed with some decent character insight and dlc hopes/dreams which I find interesting. Unfortunately you just gotta sift through so much mouth garbage at this stage in the thread to find it since it's been squeezed dry three times past. I'm sure I'm guilty as well so don't take this as a low blow... It's just difficult with the lack of info, I don't blame people.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

Young Link, he was essentially the first video-game character that I could identify with and the protagonist of my favorite video-game. He just reminds me of the past, and not because of his game's time-travel gimmick either. I am not a fan of Legend of Zelda the franchise any longer, but he, the Hero of Time, was the reason I got into Nintendo games, and more importantly; Smash. I wanted "Masked Link" in the game once I unlocked Young Link in Melee. He is the first (and only) character that I wrote a move-set for (years ago, of course). The Hero of Time was my first fighting game main and subsequently my main for close a decade. I was fairly devastated when Brawl came around and replaced Link with the Twilight Hero (or whatever his name is) and Young Link with Toon Link. It would be quite nostalgic to play as my favorite character in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My most wanted is Brian from Quest 64(see my sig). Sure, he has no chance, but eh. At least he is a Nintendo exclusive 3rd party, but still. Not just because I love the game in question, but I honestly find his abilities quite interesting. The way he uses his staff is nothing like Palutena, and his elemental powers(which consist of earth, fire, wind, and water, and well, by design, ice. Plus other kinds of buffs/debuffs, etc) is more than varied enough to make a real moveset. Sadly, unless Nintendo buys the series from Imagineer, he wouldn't even be able to show up as a trophy. For an extremely niche and obscure game that sold poorly, why would Sakurai spend extra money for this? Eve for playable or anything. Imagineer doesn't even talk about this game on their website at all, which makes it much more impossible. Pipe dream, but at least I have the love for the series and character. :) And shouldn't that be all that matters?

That said, a generic Mage Mii costume based upon the Mii Swordfighter would be cool. Kind of like what Viridi's costume is.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Young Link, he was essentially the first video-game character that I could identify with and the protagonist of my favorite video-game. He just reminds me of the past, and not because of his game's time-travel gimmick either. I am not a fan of Legend of Zelda the franchise any longer, but he, the Hero of Time, was the reason I got into Nintendo games, and more importantly; Smash. I wanted "Masked Link" in the game once I unlocked Young Link in Melee. He is the first (and only) character that I wrote a move-set for (years ago, of course). The Hero of Time was my first fighting game main and subsequently my main for close a decade. I was fairly devastated when Brawl came around and replaced Link with the Twilight Hero (or whatever his name is) and Young Link with Toon Link. It would be quite nostalgic to play as my favorite character in Smash 4.
How the eff have we never talked about this in the 2ish years we've been in this thread. I didn't know there was another Young Linker here, let alone it being one the more level headed posters, heck yeah. Pretty much everything he said, plus his moves are better than toon link, who's a goon

also Isaac for a newcomer because I love JRPG's and Golden Sun was one of the best I ever played (and Tales cant get a character and Fe will never put a thief in) so Isaac is an amazing representation of one my favorite games, of my favorite genre.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
This thread feels like it goes in circles all the time. I mean really...

> Talks about the prospect of certain characters getting in the game
> Speculation on when a Direct will happen
> Disappointment when Direct won't happen
> Occasional flame wars
> Rinse and repeat

We're in dire need of some sort of official Smash news. I really don't care if it's just a reveal trailer that they show without releasing a character. I want some sort of Smash news coming from either Nintendo or Sakurai regarding a character.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860

> Occasional flame wars
> Rinse and repeat

We're in dire need of some sort of official Smash news. I really don't care if it's just a reveal trailer that they show without releasing a character. I want some sort of Smash news coming from either Nintendo or Sakurai regarding a character.
You realize this is the DLC Character Discussion thread? Where we discuss characters and anything related to Smash DLC. Including Speculation on directs and disappointment when directs don't happen.

Troykv

Smash Master

Micaiah is my most wanted character... I like I'm unsure how exactly explain it... but she has a special place in my heart. It's my favorite fictional character and even if it seems excesive she help me to do things that formely I didn't do.

Als she comes from my favorite franchise (but Smash Bros) and one of my favorite games in the series.

And she is a magician (I love magic classes and jobs in videogames and other media)! And she has great design too! (her outfit is fun to draw).

I believe IS doesn't use Micaiah to her full potential in Radiant Dawn.

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley

> Occasional flame wars
> Rinse and repeat

You forgot

> Explaining the patterns in which this thread usually operates followed by exclaiming an obvious need for news.
> Then rinse and repeat.

(Easy to point this one out because I've done it plenty as well lol)

But yeah, that about sums it up again.
Now rinse and repeat?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Those two seem to be the next logical choices for Mario newcomers now that we got Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina, and Bowser Jr. out of the way.

My most wanted is Brian from Quest 64(see my sig). Sure, he has no chance, but eh. At least he is a Nintendo exclusive 3rd party, but still. Not just because I love the game in question, but I honestly find his abilities quite interesting. The way he uses his staff is nothing like Palutena, and his elemental powers(which consist of earth, fire, wind, and water, and well, by design, ice. Plus other kinds of buffs/debuffs, etc) is more than varied enough to make a real moveset. Sadly, unless Nintendo buys the series from Imagineer, he wouldn't even be able to show up as a trophy. For an extremely niche and obscure game that sold poorly, why would Sakurai spend extra money for this? Eve for playable or anything. Imagineer doesn't even talk about this game on their website at all, which makes it much more impossible. Pipe dream, but at least I have the love for the series and character. :) And shouldn't that be all that matters?

That said, a generic Mage Mii costume based upon the Mii Swordfighter would be cool. Kind of like what Viridi's costume is.
The way you described Brian from Quest 64, I am reminded of the elemental magic the Wandering Heroes from StreetPass Mii Plaza use in Find Mii. They get different elemental magic depending on the color of their shirt. There are 12 shirt colors - red, orange, yellow, lime, green, cyan, blue, purple, pink, brown, white, and black. And each color comes with their own set of custom special moves (they all share the same normal moves).

Plus it would be cool for players to further customize how they want their Wandering Heroes to look like in addition to their choice of shirt color. Cats and dogs come in two colors - brown or black. Bunnies come in two colors - white or pink.

This cat is wearing a yellow shirt... meaning it would specialize in summoning sandstorms (Find Mii) and lightning bolts (Mii Force).

This dog is wearing a pink shirt... meaning it would specialize in increasing its own sweet spots and increasing the opponent's sour spots (Find Mii) and throwing sticky globs that travel along the surface (Mii Force).

This bunny is wearing a red shirt... meaning it would specialize in fireballs (Find Mii) and flamethrowers (Mii Force).

I am serious... I think the Wandering Heroes would make a good addition to the roster. They may have only one app (StreetPass Mii Plaza) but the app has 8 different games so it would make sense for the Wandering Heroes to use different stuff from those games in addition to Find Mii and Mii Force (they rep StreetPass after all). It would give them some variety in their special moves. Also, like how Duck Hunt sold very well mainly because it was bundled with the NES and Super Mario Bros.... StreetPass Mii Plaza technically sold very well since it is pre-installed in all 3DS units... and like how Duck Hunt reps the Zapper games via special moves, the Wandering Heroes would rep the StreetPass Mii Plaza games via special moves.

Find Mii is one of my favorite SSB4 stages and I would love to see it come back in SSB5 along with playable Wandering Heroes. It would be cool to get one more StreetPass stage... maybe Battleground Z. :awesome:

Oh, and I wish Quest 64 would be available on Virtual Console. :(

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So King K. Rool -
Easily the progression of villainy throughout the Donkey Kong Series. That combined with his potential ranging across his various personas would easily make one of the most unique villainous additions to Super Smash Bros.

Following on - Isaac - Golden Sun is just like Punch-Out, it's one of those Assist Trophies from Brawl that is well worth promoting to a playable character, all thanks to the vast amount of potential present in Isaac's moveset, manipulating the earth to his will.

Inklings are currently third place because of their moveset potential and would fit really well into Super Smash Bros while the iron is still hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom