• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So I see we are still believeing rumors now are we?
You mean like the same quality of rumors that Shovel Knight is getting in that you were making firm stances with? Glass houses.

And we're not believing them outright, but discussing what they would actually mean if true.

So.... Any chance of Lloyd Irving?
Fairly low popularity 3rd party character from a two-game story in a larger series who was last seen before Brawl got finished and has been made into a Mii costume?

I mean, there's people in worse positions but he certainly isn't likely.

Untamed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Immortal_gamer2
I don't really want Lloyd, obviously he wouldn't play the same, but I just don't want another sword based character.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
"Another sword based character."

That's racist!

*ding*

Sorry mates, couldn't resist.

Untamed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Immortal_gamer2
I actually meant to say he wouldn't play the same as the other sword characters, but I don't want another sword based character.

Whoops lol

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
There's a reason swords are the most commonly used weapon in media. Almost everyone loves em
Swords are for sissies, stuff like clubs, axes, and obviously every sort of explosives and artillery have much more style tbh.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I actually meant to say he wouldn't play the same as the other sword characters, but I don't want another sword based character.

Whoops lol
People should already understand that it is a given that characters using the same weapon would fight differently.

But you can still reach something more radically different by incorporating a different weapon and fighting style.

Last edited:
I have never played a Tales game but at least Lloyd has a cool design. Plus twin swords are freaking awesome. Not twin daggers *cough* pit *cough* but swords.

I don't know if the guy has anything else but from what I understand flashy moves are his thing so there must be something to work with. . . right?

Untamed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Immortal_gamer2
You can edit your own posts you know
I did, but other people already replied to the un-edited version, and if other people wanted to reply to what I said, they'll probably see the people replying to the un-edited version, and assume that's what I meant.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You mean like the same quality of rumors that Shovel Knight is getting in that you were making firm stances with? Glass houses.

And we're not believing them outright, but discussing what they would actually mean if true.

Fairly low popularity 3rd party character from a two-game story in a larger series who was last seen before Brawl got finished and has been made into a Mii costume?

I mean, there's people in worse positions but he certainly isn't likely.
I'm starting to doubt it, Shovel Knight just seems like a very unrealistic choice for Smash Bros as of now.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Shovelware Knight does not deserve to get in. We have plenty of first party characters and other third parties that could be a more interesting addition than that thing.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Swords are for sissies, stuff like clubs, axes, and obviously every sort of explosives and artillery have much more style tbh.
How about a man who uses his non-dominant hand for his axes the entire game until you get his ultimate weapon and DUNKS!

Hector for Smash

*Implying Ike is anything but tied as manliest character in Smash*
kek
I dunno about tied when your competition is... :4falcon:

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
What we need.
Is not your typical hero or villain.
We need a protagonist who is evil.
A conqueror, someone who will kill and claim for his ever growing kingdom.
An overlord, boasting an arsenal of weapons and infernal power.
If only we had a...
No wait, I got it.

(Disgaea, despite being an almost exclusively sony series, had the first game ported to DS. Totally viable)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Burruni Burruni , so yeah, I realized how silly Shovel Knight being in Smash sounded, I'm sorry but guest characters have to have something special, and Shovel Knight doesn't.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys; I get the feeling that a Direct may not happen today. However, the maintenance that is planned for next week has to be foreshadowing something, obviously. Just another weekend, guys, and we'll get something.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well guys; I get the feeling that a Direct may not happen today. However, the maintenance that is planned for next week has to be foreshadowing something, obviously. Just another weekend, guys, and we'll get something.
THE SUSPENCE IS KILLING ME!!!

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Maintenance Hype

How long does maintenance usually take, is four hours long enough to actually mean anything? I saw it but I wasn't expecting anything because I thought this was routine.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Obviously it won't happen today lol. That had to have been announced in advance.

Maintenance Hype

How long does maintenance usually take, is four hours long enough to actually mean anything? I saw it but I wasn't expecting anything because I thought this was routine.
I've never seen a maintenance that was 4 hours long and took down literally EVERYTHING. People's theories on it being because of the eShop leaks is possible, but I don't think its the case, because this had to have been planned well in advance. If anything its for the Club Nintendo replacement, which is a huge thing.

Last edited:

Calane

Smash Ace
Ike's sister is crying because they no longer have a memento of their mother. Ike tells her to quit bawling
Soren starts crying for no reason. Ike offers a shoulder. Fire Emblem has had Ho Yay and I saw a long and detailed post to why Ike could be gay
Huh... I always saw Ike as somebody who wasn't interested in romance at all.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Can Twilight Sparkle be DLC? (Something from the Wolf thread)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom