• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
So, the Movie portion of the website is apparently down...

Could that amount to something, or just some maintanence sheananigans? :p

So, the Movie portion of the website is apparently down...

Could that amount to something, or just some maintanence sheananigans? :p
It has allegedly been down on some of the languages for a few days now. Plus it's down in some languages and up in others. It's probably nothing.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm off for the night.

I just don't have a lot to add these past few days because information drought.

Hopefully we soon get some friggin news. The fact that it's now the 5th in almost every timezone and the ballot's still opened as a site is odd.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I had my expectations low. A simple tweet, but it seems even that was a tall ask. All I wanted was Sakurai senpai to notice me and acknowledge my existence. :urg:

Kart8Smash4

Smash Rookie
two Young Links (Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask)**
Wolf*
Krystal**
Silhouette Man
Blaziken**
Infernape
Squirtle
Ivysaur
And change Toon Link so that he is less of a clone, which is really easy to do.

That's all that I can think of at the moment.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Nintendo, quit forgetting that the ballot existed and tell us something! ANYTHING

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/10/05/sakuraithirdparty/

So we now have more information on what a character needs to be in smash.

Note: Not going to add manga characters.
1. Not going to be anyone and everyone
2. Both companies have to want the character in smash.
3. Must carry game history with them.
Seeing this makes me question once more why we are even considering the idea of Shovel Knight, particularly with the first rule.

Yeah, rumors are prone to blowing up and all, but I don't think it's that plausible now.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Those criteria seem better suited for someone like Shantae, if you ask me.
Ehhh...I guess I can give you that one even if I still don't think its that likely. Especially since we don't have too big of a confirmation that a character has to be legendary. The only reference to that is how PAC-MAN was the most iconic character to Namco.

Still wouldn't say she is all that likely, but possible.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Seeing this makes me question once more why we are even considering the idea of Shovel Knight, particularly with the first rule.

Yeah, rumors are prone to blowing up and all, but I don't think it's that plausible now.
Only because of a rumour supported by two moderators.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Shantae and Shovel Knight just don't seem that big of characters to give a guest character slot to.

Bomberman, Simon Belmont, maybe Rayman, and maybe Spyro seem like more high profile choices.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So with the findings of a stage labeled, "Tiki Buzz", does anyone think that we could get K. Rool or Dixie?

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
So with the findings of a stage labeled, "Tiki Buzz", does anyone think that we could get K. Rool or Dixie?
Well K. Rool hasn't been in the games with the Tikis, so I'd guess Dixie from the Tiki notion. Either way, though, I'd be very pleased. Dixie was one of my most wanted all along due to growing up on SNES DKC games. Obviously K. Rool is also part of that, but they'd both make me happy.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well K. Rool hasn't been in the games with the Tikis, so I'd guess Dixie from the Tiki notion. Either way, though, I'd be very pleased. Dixie was one of my most wanted all along due to growing up on SNES DKC games. Obviously K. Rool is also part of that, but they'd both make me happy.
Er...Dixie never fought the Tikis either

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Tiki Buzz is simply a placeholder name. It's an enemy from Smash Run, so a stage being called that would be silly.

And besides, if you think "it's called Tiki Buzz so DK content is coming", then by that logic we're getting three more Mario characters, because the placeholders are all named Mario.

Just saying.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Tiki Buzz is simply a placeholder name. It's an enemy from Smash Run, so a stage being called that would be silly.

And besides, if you think "it's called Tiki Buzz so DK content is coming", then by that logic we're getting three more Mario characters, because the placeholders are all named Mario.

Just saying.
I only stated it was a possibility, just saying.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Er...Dixie never fought the Tikis either
Were they not in Tropical Freeze? Muh bad.

And as Liquid said, I figured we were ignoring the name of the stage because of the fact that it's a specific enemy that's already in the game. I just decided to humor that suggestion for whatever reason haha.

Last edited:

Scorpob

Smash Cadet
NNID
Scorpob
3DS FC
5284-2304-0408
The US Official Smash bros site has removed the fighter ballot from it, but if you search up the ballot on google it still shows up. I think it's safe to say they aren't taking votes anymore.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/10/05/sakuraithirdparty/

So we now have more information on what a character needs to be in smash.

Note: Not going to add manga characters.
1. Not going to be anyone and everyone
2. Both companies have to want the character in smash.
3. Must carry game history with them.
Well, all that seems like information that was already obvious, but it's nice to know either way.

Really though, I think this should put the amount of Third Party speculation here into perspective.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
LIQUID12A LIQUID12A Also, the Goomba stage from Melee would like a word with you. ;)
Key difference: That Goomba stage is a special stage exclusive to an event and cannot be selected at any point. If it were part of the stage select, then the argument would be quite different.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Key difference: That Goomba stage is a special stage exclusive to an event and cannot be selected at any point. If it were part of the stage select, then the argument would be quite different.
Still, through hacking it is called "Kuribo" which is the Japanese name for Goomba, although that is a good point you brought up.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That article makes it seem all the more strange that Sakurai would supposedly opt to put Shovel Knight in of his own volition.

If the rumor is true, this article is more fuel to the fire that Nintendo had to do some arm-twisting with Sakurai for the sake of some business move with Yacht Club.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
That article makes it seem all the more strange that Sakurai would supposedly opt to put Shovel Knight in of his own volition.

If the rumor is true, this article is more fuel to the fire that Nintendo had to do some arm-twisting with Sakurai for the sake of some business move with Yacht Club.
Shovel Knight is barely known among the Japanese fanbase, so yeah.....

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Nintendo: Had enough yet?
Sakurai: Oh god...My arm was already injured...but yes, I'll put him in!
Nintendo: Now add K.Rool or you'll suffer more

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Personally, I think that's a pretty big if.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Just saying.
I would agree

Except for all the attention nintendo has ben giving shovel knight

And in another fan ballot for the japanese shovel knight is number 17.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
As I stated on the Wolf thread, having these indies could be paying homage to both the fans and the indie community as a whole.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
As I stated on the Wolf thread, having these indies could be paying homage to both the fans and the indie community as a whole.
You could say that, but does that somehow warrant their inclusion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom