• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

3MP1R3

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0259-0579-0472
Honestly, to the people saying Nintendo is going to announce something after TBH5, as hype as it would be, I'm not sure. But they are sponsoring, so you never know..

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Honestly, to the people saying Nintendo is going to announce something after TBH5, as hype as it would be, I'm not sure. But they are sponsoring, so you never know..
The chances of Nintendo announcing something at TBH5 is incredibly low because of past experience.
With the exception of POTD, Directs, and E3, when has Nintendo announced any sort of Smash news? Nowhere. So them announcing something at TBH5 is unlikely.
Though this is Nintendo were talking about here, so it could happen.

. . . I dont think anyone is saying that :/ I'm pretty sure this community has learned after the 100 events not to have smash news not to expect anything from non-direct events.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
You can have six new characters, but only from one franchise?

Which franchise would you pick?
Animal Crossing:
Tom Nook
Isabelle
K.K Slider
Kapp'n
Dr. Shrunk
Phineas

Legend Of Zelda:
Tingle
Young Link
Impa
Byrne
Lana
Vaati

Troykv

Smash Master

Fire Emblem or Kirby

Fire Emblem: Micaiah, Lyn, Azura, Hector, Eliwood/Sigurd and Elincia

Kirby: Bandana Dee, Adeleine, Magolor, Dark Matter, Galacta Knight.. and... I"m unsure with the sixth xD

Children0fTheStars

Smash Apprentice
I honestly would kind of want Simirror to be playable, only additional Kirby rep I'd be interested in. Shame that it could never happen as he's a barely-known enemy in... I'm pretty sure it's only one game, not counting its remake? I consider him the coolest enemy/helper, and Mirror's my favorite copy ability.

Don't get why the Mirror power has never been reused either.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Since when has it even been brought up? I haven't even heard of TBH5. :p

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
For the six new characters for a series I would pick from Fire Emblem (yes, I know there are too many FE characters. I don't care, if a fourth of the cast was from FE I'd be okay with it): Tiki, Micaiah, Anna, Ephraim, and probably a couple of characters from awakening.

Six from any series is a bit much though. I'd be okay with a new Sonic character, but (no offense to sonic fans) six new Sonic characters would literally make me sick to my stomach.

Children0fTheStars

Smash Apprentice
Literally no one thinks that they could ever fit six reps from a third-party series into a single Smash Bros. game.

The question was purely theoretical.

3MP1R3

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0259-0579-0472
Yeah I didn't think so either but I just thought it'd be convenient. People said the same about Evo, Apex, etc and nothing happened so I guess so. Probably something in he coming week, though.

Since when has it even been brought up? I haven't even heard of TBH5. :p
Ummm....the Big House 5? AKA the huge tournament going on in Michigan literally right now? There has been speculation about announcements at events before.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah I didn't think so either but I just thought it'd be convenient. People said the same about Evo, Apex, etc and nothing happened so I guess so. Probably something in he coming week, though.

Ummm....the Big House 5? AKA the huge tournament going on in Michigan literally right now? There has been speculation about announcements at events before.
Yup. Never heard of it. And I live in Wisconsin.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Jaidyn, have you, uh, ever ventured to other parts of the forum? Or, uh, seen the scrolling text at the top of the page? It's all over the place, lol

Smooth Criminal

Burruni

Smash Hero
Honestly, I think what's made the news drought worse than anything else is how little Nintendo's done in general since the LucaRoyu update.

You have one of their worst E3's and the only notable release (worldwide) being Super Mario Maker, unless I'm forgetting something.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Their president died. For all we know, they had one or more directs with him in it that couldn't be used.

But that aside, the lack of news is a little frustrating.

I hope we see something in the near future.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Their president died. For all we know, they had one or more directs with him in it that couldn't be used.

But that aside, the lack of news is a little frustrating.

I hope we see something in the near future.
I didn't mean to sound ungrateful. I understand the company as a whole had to be rocked asunder by Iwata's sudden passing.
I was just looking at the typical summer drought of releases combining force with the lack of information that we've had for Smash into a double whammy.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Pokemon

1. Team Rocket (Meowth & Wobbuffet)
2. Deoxys
3. Zoroark
4. Blaziken
5. Plusle & Minun
6. Hawlucha

I'm not listing Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Pichu because they are not new but I do want them all to come back.

Zelda

1. Tingle
2. Impa
3. Ganon (the SNES version)
4. Vaati
5. Toon Zelda
6. Lana

Donkey Kong

1. Dixie Kong
2. King K. Rool
3. Cranky Kong
4. Donkey Kong Jr.
5. Pauline & Mini Mario
6. Stanley

Mario

1. Toad (with Captain Toad and Toadette alts)
2. Paper Mario
3. Professor E. Gadd (instead of Vacuum Luigi)
4. Nabbit
5. Waluigi
6. Daisy

The Novice Sword

Smash Apprentice
For the hypothetical 6 new characters from one series question I'd go with

Pokemon: Goodra, Hawlucha, Absol, Golurk, Gallade, and the return of Pichu (after getting the Roy treatment)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Very good and creative answers from everyone.

I don't think I would mind six reps from one series after seeing some fun answers. But variety is the spice of life!

I do think a Pokemon Smash is a no-brainer.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
For me:
Mario
1. Toad/Captain Toad/Whatever kind of Toad
2. Waluigi
3. Kamek
4. Petey Piranha
5. Birdo
6. King Boo

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
RE: Six character from one series.
The Legend of Zelda: I would choose one character specific to every console Zelda game, plus Hyrule Warriors.

- Ganon - ALttP
- Skull Kid - MM
- Tetra - WW
- Midna & Wolf Link - TP
- Ghirahim - SS
- Lana - HW

Non-Zelda fans would most likely be pissed, but almost every corner of the Zelda fanbase would be extremely happy with this.
Except Vaati and Tingle fans. But if it counts, I'd trade Ganondorf for Ganon and fill that last slot with Tingle.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Literally no one thinks that they could ever fit six reps from a third-party series into a single Smash Bros. game.

The question was purely theoretical.
I'm well aware of this, thank you for telling me the obvious anyways though.

RE: Six character from one series.
The Legend of Zelda: I would choose one character specific to every console Zelda game, plus Hyrule Warriors.

- Ganon - ALttP
- Skull Kid - MM
- Tetra - WW
- Midna & Wolf Link - TP
- Ghirahim - SS
- Lana - HW

Non-Zelda fans would most likely be pissed, but almost every corner of the Zelda fanbase would be extremely happy with this.
Except Vaati and Tingle fans. But if it counts, I'd trade Ganondorf for Ganon and fill that last slot with Tingle.
I'm not really a Legend of Zelda fan (although I enjoy the games), but I wouldn't be upset if the series had that many representatives. If anything it makes sense, the Mario and Pokemon series has a ton of representatives, the Legend of Zelda series is the only one out of the Nintendo Big Three with fewer reps. I feel like that's why a lot of people have animosity towards all of the Fire Emblem characters, considering the size of the series it has an awful lot of reps in Smash.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
6 characters from one franchise? i would probably go with Zelda:

*Vaati
*Skull kid
*Ganon
*Impa
*Tetra
*Midna and Wolf Link

I wonder why Vaati is so unpopular even if he has been the villian in at least 3 games.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So question - ballot was supposed to end on the 3rd, but on the UK site at least, it's still open - I haven't tried voting, but it's still weird. Is it like that on the US site too?

Also for the six character meme, only real franchise I could legit want six reps from is Sonic:

1) Tails
2) Knuckles
3) Amy
4) Dr. Eggman
5) Blaze
6) Sonic the Werehog (I know I always say "I don't like the idea of character duplicates even if they have different moveset", but Sonic the Werehog is my one biased exception to that code of mine, that I also know would never happen - I just love Sonic Unleashed and Sonic's Werehog form. He so floofy...and he'd have a great moveset, something like Kratos in PSASBR).

So question - ballot was supposed to end on the 3rd, but on the UK site at least, it's still open - I haven't tried voting, but it's still weird. Is it like that on the US site too?

Also for the six character meme, only real franchise I could legit want six reps from is Sonic:

1) Tails
2) Knuckles
3) Amy
4) Dr. Eggman
5) Blaze
6) Sonic the Werehog (I know I always say "I don't like the idea of character duplicates even if they have different moveset", but Sonic the Werehog is my one biased exception to that code of mine, that I also know would never happen - I just love Sonic Unleashed and Sonic's Werehog form. He so floofy...and he'd have a great moveset, something like Kratos in PSASBR).
The entire world's ballot is still up. Some people believe it has yet to be taken down because it is a weekend.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
6 reps, huh? All right...
1. Capt. Toad (with Toadette as an alt. skin for him, like :4bowserjr: and :4larry:/:4morton:/:4wendy:/:4iggy:/:4roy:/:4lemmy:/:4ludwig:)
2. Princess Daisy
3. Professor E. Gadd
4. Birdo
5. Waluigi
6. Nabbit

1. Dixie Kong
2. King K. Rool
3. Cranky Kong
4. Tiny Kong
5. Lanky Kong
6. Chunky Kong

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Guess if I were to do this...

Pokemon
-Zoroark
-Goodra
-Serperior
-Suicune
-Gardevoir
-Meowth

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
And now for your regularly scheduled ballot conspiracies.

As for this "six characters" meme.

Metroid:

Ridley(in game roles)
Dark Samus(be damned)
Sylux
Rundas
Weavel
Anthony Higgs

Pokemon:

Pokemon
-Zoroark
-Serperior
-Suicune
-Gardevoir
-Delphox
-Golurk

Golurk ain't making it to Smash in a million years though.

But I'd love to see it. Maybe in Pokken. It's just so cool a Pokemon.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
My contribute to the 6 character thing:

Mario:
1. Paper Mario
2. Geno
3. Captain Toad
4. E Gadd
5. Count Bleck
6. Fawful

Street Fighter:
1. Ken
2. M. Bison
3. Akuma
4. Chun-li
5. Guile/Charlie
6. Juri

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Jaidyn, have you, uh, ever ventured to other parts of the forum? Or, uh, seen the scrolling text at the top of the page? It's all over the place, lol

Smooth Criminal
Not everyone cares about these other kinds of things. I don't give a crap about tournaments. I love Smash, but that doesn't mean I care about tournaments at all or pay attention to any of it. You're making a pretty big assumption to assume that everyone who discusses things in Smashboards knows everything that goes on.

I did just see a couple comments about it on Twitter today. But that's about it. I don't even see scrolling text at the top of my page.

EDIT: Oh, its that headlines thing? I never really pay attention to that. I only pay attention to the posts when I discuss things.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I mean

It's only all over the website. But you're right, not everybody gives a **** about those kinds of things.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord

Either Fire Emblem or Zelda.

Fire Emblem: Eliwood/Sigurd, Micaiah, Tiki, Ryouma, Hardin (villain), Arvis.

Zelda: Lana, Volga, Zant, Fi, Vaati, Cia.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom