• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We he is a final smash and his proportions are good...

Ridley's awkward proportions are an even bigger problem than his artstyle...

....I'm just going to stop talking now.
Now you're just changing the argument.

We were arguing artsyle. Nothing more.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
To divert the discussion away from Ridley, which characters do you think fall under the rule of "despite meeting the conditions, some characters just can't join the battle" rule?

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Wait thats weird. Its back to normal. I was given a weird selection earlier like "Age" "Nick Name" and the expiration date was 3/10/15.. I may have a screen shot on my phone.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ridley has notable roles in both Brawl and Smash 4 as an epic boss.

This s**t is nothing like Ridley. It doesn't even acts like him and contradicts whats shown in Metroid games with its main gimmick (when Anthony shot Ridley in Other M, he was "killed" within seconds, but this thing on Pyrosphere becomes your b**** if you slap it). Even Other M Ridley looks threatening compared to this. And it actually feels like effort was put into OM Ridley's model. But not here. This model has horrible rigging in a lot of parts, horrible textures, this f***ing mouth, horrible lighting and its not even completly new like in Brawl. All of this is very noticable.
And Ridley is still Ridley no matter how big he is. How he looks like with different sizes is completly subjective. Most think he is fine even when he is small. Others don't. Its not like size is something important for him. That is Kraid's thing.

Last edited:

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/en-au/

Im confused af... This keeps poping up for me... But the date says 3/10/2015 which is in the past

Edit: ITs a smash ballot mistake? Maybe they meant to put 2016

Last edited:

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Oh yeah. They day and month is reversed I guess... But thats very weird... Why would the ballot be different from US? Biased lol

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
I do recall seeing that other countries asked for different criteria on the ballot. I doubt it makes a difference though

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
If you're really subscribing to the idea that the likes of Shantae are getting in just because of a tweet, you're more than likely falling right into the trap.
Never said I was, just saying it's a possibility.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
You can have six new characters, but only from one franchise?

Which franchise would you pick?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Never said I was, just saying it's a possibility.
If you're going as far as putting both on a prediction list, then certainly you think that they will actually arrive. Why else would you put them there?

And social media is hardly the place to be relying on for predictions.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
If you're going as far as putting both on a prediction list, then certainly you think that they will actually arrive. Why else would you put them there?

And social media is hardly the place to be relying on for predictions.
Please stop jumping to conclusions. You're generally rather hostile.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Sooo...The ballot is still up. At least on my end.

I wish they would just close it. It's making me a little anxious honestly. Like we really won't see any information about this for a month or so.

Probably Kirby. Bandana Dee and Magolor are a must, but I have no idea what to add after that. Still, it's Kirby, so I'd probably enjoy it.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Please stop jumping to conclusions. You're generally rather hostile.
May I ask how arguing with valid points is hostile? Literally all I asked was how you intended to back up your logic of "I don't subscribe to the theory of SK and Shantae making it to Smash but I'm putting them on a prediction list anyway as if they were".

I mean, that isn't rude at all, it's just a question.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

Mario.
Captain Toad, Daisy, Paper Mario, Waluigi, Nabbit and Petey Piranha.

EDIT: And that's not even the tip of the iceberg.

King Boo, E. Gadd, Birdo, Fawful, Boom Boom, Metal Mario, Baby Mario, Kamek and some regular goons can be used too.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
May I ask how arguing with valid points is hostile? Literally all I asked was how you intended to back up your logic of "I don't subscribe to the theory of SK and Shantae making it to Smash but I'm putting them on a prediction list anyway as if they were".

I mean, that isn't rude at all, it's just a question.
Ok, fair enough, I see your point. Sorry about that. It wasn't exactly a prediction list, but let's just end the discussion here, :smash:

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Pokemon or Mario would make sense to me.

Mario: Toad, Waluigi, Birdo, Wart, Paper Mario with helpers, King Boo

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Star Fox:
Krystal, Slippy, R.O.B. 64, Pigma, Leon and Panther. Enjoy.
If I did Star Fox I would do: Andross with a body, Wolf, Krystal (I don't like her, both she would use her staff and powers), Peppy (barrel roll would have to be a move), Leon, Pigma

And if Wolf doesn't count as new, then Slippy.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
If I did Star Fox I would do: Andross with a body, Wolf, Krystal (I don't like her, both she would use her staff and powers), Peppy (barrel roll would have to be a move), Leon, Pigma

And if Wolf doesn't count as new, then Slippy.
Barrel roll on foot. I actually wanna see that from the old man. It would probably turn out to be like Falco's fair. Semi-clone property: it deflects projectiles. :surprised:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Kirby. Because that's the series that deserve more bias over Fire Embull.

Adeleine, Dark Matter, Magolor, Bandanna Dee, Prince Fluff, and Doroach.

Strong Kong Nation :4dk:

K. Rool, Dixie, Cranky, 8-Bit DK, Brash the Bear and Jumpman.
I like the way you think, dear. ;)

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

Probably Mario or Pokemon, really the only two where representation won't feel too far out of whack if they got that amount (Not to mention Jirachi would actually have a sizable chance then, unlike in reality).
If Mario, I'd choose- Waluigi, Tatanga, Fawful, Daisy, Paper Mario, Captain Toad
If Pokemon, I'd choose- Pichu, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Jirachi, Delphox, and Serperior.
And while I'd like to see Kirby get 6 more reps, that would make me more biased than Sakurai making the Kid Icarus content for Smash run :p.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Probably Mario or Pokemon, really the only two where representation won't feel too far out of whack if they got that amount (Not to mention Jirachi would actually have a sizable chance then, unlike in reality). And while I'd like to see Kirby get 6 more reps, that would make me more biased than Sakurai making the Kid Icarus content for Smash run :p.
Sakurai did't make Kid Icarus content for Smash run.
He ported data from Uprising.
The reason why there's so much from SSE and Uprising is because they were basically straight ported as a mean to cut corners on the development time for the enemies within it.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Sakurai did't make Kid Icarus content for Smash run.
He ported data from Uprising.
The reason why there's so much from SSE and Uprising is because they were basically straight ported as a mean to cut corners on the development time for the enemies within it.
I still don't understand why he couldn't just port models from Super Mario 3D Land, Kirby Triple Deluxe, XY,etc though? Even if they didn't know where to find the models in XY or Mario 3D Land's data, couldn't they have just asked the developers of those games for instructions on where to find them or how to make them work? The only reasons I could think of are that his dev team was just more experienced with KI's models and could possibly make animations for them quicker or that the other model's would take longer to port or come out choppier for some unknown reason? I'm sure your right that he had a good reason to do so, but I'm having a really hard time understanding his reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom