• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data DK Video Archive

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
DK just isn't really a popular character. Though in the ICs boards I think choknater promised vids of him in a tournament. Mexican, were you there?

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
DK just isn't really a popular character. Though in the ICs boards I think choknater promised vids of him in a tournament. Mexican, were you there?
Yeah. I played him in grand finals. Haha, NOW he brags about the vids now that he won. I'm sure he didn't do the same when i met him in grand finals last time. hahaha. Its alright, i still love him anyway. haha

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Ok, updated Mexican's, RockCrock's and PKM's vids

Nedech has an insane amount of recent footage. I'll get his stuff up tomorrow or something.

Nedech

Smash Apprentice
"Recent footage"? Where?!

Oh well. I haven't gotten many videos recorded lately, due to a spontaneous drop of skill level. I know not why, but I feel as if I'm just getting worse and worse at the game, intermittently losing to players that I've beaten on a number of occasions throughout the years. It bothers me because I can't pinpoint why - even more so after having such a stable year of progress, beating high profiled players and placing decently in every tournament for a good chunk of time.

http://ajpanton.se/ssbm/100326-SVAR11/Singles/Losers Final/

Here's a few videos of me getting crushed by Calle W.

After beating him in Winners; unfortunately they were not recorded.

You could skim through all the SVAR(8-12)-pages and probably find videos of me.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
You messed up a lot of stuff that looked like it was going to work.

Execution drop, perhaps?

A trick that may help you is that sometimes it is good to SH under a platform when you've thrown them onto one and then DJ to adjust your positioning to accomodate the tech roll direction, rather than just FJing up. If they tech in place/non-tech you just DJ in place and go from there like you'd FJed.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You beat Calle W?
**** man.

Good ****.

agree with KK though on the techchasing trick

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
by initial combo do you mean uthrow uair regrab? it's guaranteed unless the u-air is staled significantly.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Strong Bad, holdin' it together for the low tiers! ^_^

"Recent footage"? Where?!

Oh well. I haven't gotten many videos recorded lately, due to a spontaneous drop of skill level. I know not why, but I feel as if I'm just getting worse and worse at the game, intermittently losing to players that I've beaten on a number of occasions throughout the years. It bothers me because I can't pinpoint why - even more so after having such a stable year of progress, beating high profiled players and placing decently in every tournament for a good chunk of time.

http://ajpanton.se/ssbm/100326-SVAR11/Singles/Losers Final/

Here's a few videos of me getting crushed by Calle W.

After beating him in Winners; unfortunately they were not recorded.

You could skim through all the SVAR(8-12)-pages and probably find videos of me.
Perhaps everyone just got a lot better! :p

Nedech

Smash Apprentice
Strong Bad, holdin' it together for the low tiers! ^_^

Perhaps everyone just got a lot better! :p
Of course! But I still have a lot of unexplainable ups and downs. I felt as if I played at the peak of my level during Beast 2, but then during the proceeding tournament I ended up playing like a total scrub, despite practicing regularly between them.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's difficult to be consistent in tournament. I don't know how I do it. Just have to shake it off and look to the next tournament with sparkly "I will **** this one" eyes.
To be fair though, your competition is a lot better than mine haha. I'm going to Apex though and my goal is round 2 pools.

leffen

Smash Champion
Being consistent in tournament is so heavily dependent on what kind of mindset you have its not even funny. Sickness/sleep deprivation/failing techskill etc all matters so much more if you believe they do.

As for some personal advice Nedech (while I havent played you that much) I think you get stuck mentally on a few whiffs/mess ups too often and that is what mainly makes you get off your game.
When things arent going your way just focus on literally what happens instead of what already have. Down 2 stocks? That just means you can afford less mistakes than your opponent. When you mess up and miss your guaranteed uair, think about what your opponent gonna do next and how you missing that affects him rather than obsessing over what just happened.

Oh and also I found that it was a little to easy to force behaviors out of you, especially when you were in a disadvantageous position. For example, when throwing you off the stage (vs your sheik with fox) you'd always respond to my full jump off stage the same way (jump uair) which I after the first time just did to bait that response and then just shined you afterwards.

There where a few similar cases that I remember (iirc you where a bit easy to force into rolling and to bait certain options when you hanged on the edge) but in general I just think you need to explore the mental game a bit more and make sure to always remember that the option that seems like the "best" option isnt always actually preferable most of the time.

Dimitris

Smash Ace

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
That Rockcrock v. Colbol (as fox) vid from 09 is such a tease! Rockcrock wrecks for 2 stocks, then gets owned down to even percent (around 73%) with one stock left each. Then it ends. The ****?

gencore

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty new to this forum, so I'm not sure how these things work. I'd like to get some more recent vids on here, who has the power to edit the first post?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
youtube search "Phish-it DK", "Green Ranger DK", or "NJzFinest DK"

sort by upload date and also try replacing "DK" with "Donkey Kong" for other results

#recentdkvids

Top Bottom