• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

StormC

Smash Hero
There are no new songs from the Metroid Prime titles either as far as I know, so maybe it's just a Retro Studios thing.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
There are no new songs from the Metroid Prime titles either as far as I know, so maybe it's just a Retro Studios thing.
There is technically a new remix of the Vs. Parasite Queen theme. However, the original version to the theme is no longer there.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Plenty of you all are better at Photoshop/Paint than I am, but I gave a shot at what a Dixie DLC pack could look like in light of the absence of any new Tropical Freeze music and DKC3 music period. Will share via Twitter later today once it's not insanely late and more people are online.

Would be interested to see others' takes on #DixieDLC following this sort of template.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Apparently Dixie has a Mii costume in this game.

K. Rool's Mii costume also returns.

Saw this in the Resetera spoilers thread.

cybersai

Smash Ace
She never had a Mii outfit before, this is a step in the right direction. Also apparently its only a hat, lol. So I guess just her hat and ponytail?

I'm also going to use K. Rool's Mii outfit on a Mii and then beat it up with King K. Rool. Just because.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Yeah, reminds me of how negatively people reacted to K. Rool's Mii outfit when it was first revealed for Smash U, when in reality it was Sakurai finally acknowledging K. Rool's popularity and he probably already planned to put him into Ultimate. And remember characters like Chrom, etc. still have Mii outfits too and they're playable now.

Just be glad Dixie survived every Assist Trophy massacre for 3 games in a row, that's the only real death knell for a character.

StormC

Smash Hero
K. Rool's costume was only really a sign that he would be playable in the next game, though.

I'm not going to say it puts Dixie out of the race completely but like Rex, I am no longer expecting her. I already went through this with K. Rool.

It is good that Sakurai at least acknowledged her, so I'm glad for that.

Last edited:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
a mii costume? don't know why you are all happy..last time i wanted k.rool i got a mii costume k.rool i though that was a good point toward k.rool playable but i was wrong....

Last edited:

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
I think since Nintendo the company decided on the DLC, not Sakurai, we can't take prerelease decisions as indicative of what the post-game content will be. Nintendo would say "Let's do Dixie Kong! Oh wait...she's already a Mii costume. Nevermind."

cybersai

Smash Ace
Apparently it's only a Mii hat though, not a body. Although I think there's a seperate generic monkey mii outfit for the body, lol. I'm glad Dixie is being acknowledged.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm just not interested in jumping through all sorts of hoops to take this as a good sign. Again, I did that already.

If people here still have hope then that's great, but until I see otherwise I'll assume Dixie won't be DLC. Too bad we couldn't get TF music in the base game.

Like I said, with K. Rool in, I can't really complain too much, and at least I've set my expectations low now in case it doesn't come to pass.

cybersai

Smash Ace
If it's literally just a hat, it's probably the pink cap with a blonde ponytail attached. That's it.

SuperJumpmon64

Smash Cadet
They said Mii hat, nothing about the body/suit. I even checked out the stream, and only found the hat. Tbh, I'm also happy about this. Sakurai is acknowledging the character. And thank gosh she ain't an Assist Trophy.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Hey, this just makes it easier for me to use a Dixie Mii Fighter, which I was going to do anyway. No complaints here. Sakurai probably doesn't even make the Mii costumes.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Yikes got Mii Costumed again...not saying it 100% rules out Dixie but I can say I just dropped a good amount of confidence.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I guess that Mii Hat's gonna be used on a Spirit Mii Fighter sporting it, if not involving pink Diddy in the end.

I'm glad they acknowledged her though, seems like we made through them in some way.

paperosbronzo90

Smash Cadet
So, Dixie is a Mii costume and a spirit.
Maybe, that's a real deconfirmation, but I don't know what to think about it.
Crocodile Cacophony is in the game and (for me) it means Dixie vs Kaptain K Rool, since I've always found Diddy useless in that battle.
I wish we'll have some DKC3 ost in the game too. It would be a shame to not include Big Boss Blues from DKC3 since they put the other 2 boss battles songs in the game.
Time will tell, but I don't see Dixie as a potential DLC contender, even if we don't have a proper DKC3 od DKCTF representation.
Damn, a Dixie trailer with a battle between the Kongs and K.Rool ,with a new remix of Big Boss Blues as background music would be sooo good.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why the inclusion of a Mii hat written in a design document about 4 years ago really affects anything.

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't see why the inclusion of a Mii hat written in a design document about 4 years ago really affects anything.
We have no idea when Mii hats were decided on vs. when DLC was decided on.

Also the design document was December 2015, so not four years ago.

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
If dixie will be dlc than music from dkc3 and tropical freeze would make most sense just saying...

It really is odd af not much music from these 2 games considering dk is getting so much love in smash ultimate!

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
We have no idea when Mii hats were decided on vs. when DLC was decided on.

Also the design document was December 2015, so not four years ago.
Even so, that hat probably took someone 4 hours to model and was included purely to make Dixie's Spirit encounter more authentic. Her getting this special treatment only proves that she's on Nintendo's radar and more likely to be a playable character in the future imo.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
I don't know about you guys but come December 7th I'm gonna be playing as Dixie Kong, Rex, and Mega Man X and no naysayer can do a thing to stop me.
If dixie will be dlc than music from dkc3 and tropical freeze would make most sense just saying...

It really is odd af not much music from these 2 games considering dk is getting so much love in smash ultimate!
Is DK getting a lot of love, or is K Rool?:colorful:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Plenty of you all are better at Photoshop/Paint than I am, but I gave a shot at what a Dixie DLC pack could look like in light of the absence of any new Tropical Freeze music and DKC3 music period. Will share via Twitter later today once it's not insanely late and more people are online.

Would be interested to see others' takes on #DixieDLC following this sort of template.
Grassland Groove as her home stage would be amazing honestly! I can get behind this!

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
I guess there's no way to find an image of the hat yet? We only have indication of its existence in text form?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The Dixie Kong "Mii costume" is apparently just a hat. Whether the hat is simply a pink beret, or a beret with a ponytail, time will tell.

I find it bizarre how Tropical Freeze got no new content in Ultimate aside from a spirit of Lord Frederick. A shame.

The worst news though is that there is no spirit of the plant. Yes. Out of 1,300 spirits, there is nothing of one of the most common enemies in Mario. This might be a confirmation that spirits are de-confirmations and that our DLC is going to be third-parties and advertisements.

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
I really appreciate what they did. If you look around, DK actually made out pretty well this time around.

But then again, it's a weird feeling since I feel like for many of us, a lot of these tracks like Crocodile Cacophony were no-brainers all along. I mean, they're old songs. So we're like just "catching up" with what some other series have. But still, Smash music selection can be pretty weird. So the fact that we get things like Snakey Chantey of all things is pretty cool and I'm happy for that.

I hope Dixie gets us another go at DKC2 music like Forest Interlude, DKC3 GBA Water World, GBA Stilt Village, SNES Cliffs, Tropical Freeze animal savannah stage (I forget the name), Scorch N Torch, and more.
I agree 100% on this!!!
But I have to say that with the few very very good remixes like crocodile cacophony and snakey chantey and K.rool's inclusion of course, I start to feel a bit satisfied somehow, even though Dixie is still not in the game.
Is that strange???

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm okay with the hat, that'll be grounds for another costume reveal joke next game. Hopefully not involving :ultkingdedede: though, that wouldn't work. As it is, it's miraculous we managed to get one new DK character, anyone after that would be gravy for now.

The Dixie Kong "Mii costume" is apparently just a hat. Whether the hat is simply a pink beret, or a beret with a ponytail, time will tell.

I find it bizarre how Tropical Freeze got no new content in Ultimate aside from a spirit of Lord Frederick. A shame.

The worst news though is that there is no spirit of the plant. Yes. Out of 1,300 spirits, there is nothing of one of the most common enemies in Mario. This might be a confirmation that spirits are de-confirmations and that our DLC is going to be third-parties and advertisements.
Or that his spirits simply aren't ready yet, since he was recently started being worked on without taking the base game into consideration.

I agree 100% on this!!!
But I have to say that with the few very very good remixes like crocodile cacophony and snakey chantey and K.rool's inclusion of course, I start to feel a bit satisfied somehow, even though Dixie is still not in the game.
Is that strange???
Not at all, in fact I can almost consider the soundtrack the best part of the game now, so much love was poured into it, it's crazy.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
call me naive but im gonna wait until we start getting some actual dlc announcements before abandoning hope

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
call me naive but im gonna wait until we start getting some actual dlc announcements before abandoning hope
I am not optimistic on Dixie Kong's prospects either, but you are correct. With Roy after Smash 4's release, the conventional wisdom was that he had almost no chance of returning due to so many other Brawl characters being cut, four Fire Emblem characters on the roster (one of them being a Marth clone), and for some Roy Koopa as a character (since he was shouted as Roy when you pick him).

With DLC, I think we are definitely going to get at least a surprise or two (meaning a character that most speculators did not see coming).

As with Ridley earlier this year, I am not optimistic on Dixie Kong happening as DLC, but I still have hope in my heart.

LYD

Smash Rookie
Honestly, there’s no way spirits deconfirm DLC. That would pretty much mean the DLC is all 3rd party plus gen VIII PKMN and FE Houses. While the latter two are somewhat plausible, I just don’t see Nintendo picking 3/5 of the DLC spots as 3rd party. I still think Dixie and Bandana Dee (and perhaps even Mipha and Captain Toad) have a chance :]

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Uh, guys, a rather interesting find has been mentioned in the Krystal thread.

So as many people know, Smash Ultimate has already been broken into, and among the stuff is the entire list of spirits in the game, Here's the list of the Starfox entities.
The spread makes sense for how many they picked, with the glaring exception of Dash, I want to know if ANYONE cares about him lmao. I remember lucy and amanda before him even. Regardless our girl is an assist and a spirit. Wonder if my prediction for her will be right, I'm hoping she's primary, watch her be an advanced level support, her support skill is easy to figure out if it is, player starts with a Staff, it would be thematically appropriate considering she has to pass her's up to Fox in her home game. There's also about 30 placeholder slots for playable fighters, which would be 6 years of DLC, yea I wouldn't bank on those being filled, I'm suspecting 10 personally, but only time will tell that aswell. Other than that I recommend people being careful navigating the net as release comes up, I don't think people have cracked into the cutscenes yet but I don't intend to wait around to find them.

All in all that's pretty good for the fair vixen, a competent looking assist trophy and hopefully a strong spirit, It's better than what alot of other characters got, If there's really a large *** DLC planned then maybe there will still be assist promotions, but I think it's all she wrote. We'll have to see next year when she shows up for GP (if it's not cancelled) for more Krystal content. Switch is finally looking pretty good, still got alot of work to catch up to the gamecube's game spread but it's a good start lol.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Honestly, there’s no way spirits deconfirm DLC. That would pretty much mean the DLC is all 3rd party plus gen VIII PKMN and FE Houses. While the latter two are somewhat plausible, I just don’t see Nintendo picking 3/5 of the DLC spots as 3rd party. I still think Dixie and Bandana Dee (and perhaps even Mipha and Captain Toad) have a chance :]
Three out of the four newcomers we got as Smash 4 DLC were third-party. Even before we knew Piranha Plant did not have a spirit, my personal speculation was that three out of the five slots were going to be third-party. It might now be that four of them will be, while the last one is another Nintendo advertisement.

Uh, guys, a rather interesting find has been mentioned in the Krystal thread.
I am really doubting we are going to get 30 characters as DLC.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Three out of the four newcomers we got as Smash 4 DLC were third-party. Even before we knew Piranha Plant did not have a spirit, my personal speculation was that three out of the five slots were going to be third-party. It might now be that four of them will be, while the last one is another Nintendo advertisement.

I am really doubting we are going to get 30 characters as DLC.
Yes, but at least the chance for a second wave is possibly there after all.

Top Bottom