• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Looks like it might be the original.

https://youtu.be/2x-7ZdJ8ERs

Fine by me, can’t improve on perfection.
Either way it's incredible. Now I'm really having strong feelings towards Dixie as DLC. No one has spotted a SINGLE Tropical Freeze track yet. I haven't been this confident in a future inclusion since the Inklings before Ultimate came out. It just makes perfect since. K.Rool was popular in the ballot as why he was included and he seems to be representing classic DKC. Dixie could come and represent modern DKC. God if Dixie is added with some Tropical Freeze music. Idk what I would do...I would probably never ask Sakurai or Nintendo for anything EVER again. In fact I would probably never post on a Nintendo related forum ever again as I would be completely satisfied FOREVER.

cybersai

Smash Ace
If there really are no new Tropical Freeze tracks added besides the stuff brought over from Smash Wii-U, maybe that is a hint that something is happening with a new Tropical Freeze stage/content planned with Dixie for DLC.

Also we have all these DK music tracks...but we only have 3 stages to play them on. Anyone find that odd? So much music but they only play on 3 stages because DK only has 3 stages in the game. If they added a 4th Tropical Freeze stage it would make more sense.

And Diddy's tail-whip being removed, just in case some moves are shared with Dixie. I mean we can easily be wrong here, god knows all the crazy speculation and stuff we've gone through over the years (or what Skull Kid, Isaac, etc. fans went through), by believing something that might be dead wrong could happen, but hope for the best. I don't want to expect anything because we all know how easily it is to be disappointed and not get the character we want, but here's hoping.

I just hope Nintendo or Sakurai view Dixie as "big enough" for DLC. I mean even aside from her all-star status, she is technically just viewed as another small monkey character to people outside the DK fanbase.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If there really are no new Tropical Freeze tracks added besides the stuff brought over from Smash Wii-U, maybe that is a hint that something is happening with a new Tropical Freeze stage/content planned with Dixie for DLC.

Also we have all these DK music tracks...but we only have 3 stages to play them on. Anyone find that odd? So much music but they only play on 3 stages because DK only has 3 stages in the game. If they added a 4th Tropical Freeze stage it would make more sense.

And Diddy's tail-whip being removed, just in case some moves are shared with Dixie. I mean we can easily be wrong here, god knows all the crazy speculation and stuff we've gone through over the years (or what Skull Kid, Isaac, etc. fans went through), by believing something that might be dead wrong could happen, but hope for the best. I don't want to expect anything because we all know how easily it is to be disappointed and not get the character we want, but here's hoping.

I just hope Nintendo or Sakurai view Dixie as "big enough" for DLC. I mean even aside from her all-star status, she is technically just viewed as another small monkey character to people outside the DK fanbase.
I think predictions can be correct if you assume every possibility, and stick with the most likely one. This served me well at least once so far, given that I'm among the select few who knew Isabelle would be included as unique.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Yeah, we can't take that person's uploads as any confirmation about whether it's a remix or not.
I'm guessing it's not simply because I would be surprised if DK got that many new remixes.

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Yeah, we can't take that person's uploads as any confirmation about whether it's a remix or not.
I'm guessing it's not simply because I would be surprised if DK got that many new remixes.
That many remixes that aren't jungle Hijinx...okay okay that's my last one. It's just such an easy set-up joke you know.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace

DK GOT 4 STAGES...but i understand why you and me ..dont count the other..
1542929446638.png

Strong DK

Smash Apprentice
This is great! Crocodile cacophony is in the game! One of the best final boss themes ever. Maybe, just maybe we will have Credits conserto/DK rescued too...

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Yay, Crocodile Cacophony is finally in...

...NOW WHERE'S BIG BOSS BLUES FROM DKC3!?!?

Just kidding. Obviously, all the DKC3 music will be on Dixie's stage, along with all the extra Tropical Freeze tracks...hopefully...

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
It's nice to see that Dkc 2 getting some love in Smash Ultimate ost among other great tunes from Dkc that isn't another version of the jungle theme, a huge step up from the previous game's representation.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Sorry for the misinfo. Crunchii clarified that they have info on some tracks that aren't public knowledge, but not the whole OST. Most tracks are being uploaded by them as they get discovered from the footage, so just because CC is on their channel in its original form, it's not necessarily that way in the final OST.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
A CC remix is a bit of a gamble. The song is perfect as is, I wouldn’t want to risk a remix not matching up like Bramble Blast. If it’s good enough though...guess we’ll see.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I'd actually like (and somewhat expect) Crocodile Cacophony to be remixed if only because the original is so short. The loop is only about 55 seconds. Most Smash tunes are around two minutes.

Just have to hope it's a good remix and not Cynthia's theme.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
We've also spotted the final boss theme from Jungle Climber. So that's 3 K Rool boss tunes!

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
This is incredible. I can't believe the DKC series is getting treated so well this time around! With K. Rool's addition, Crocodile Cacophony, and other well-known tracks, Sakurai and his team are pouring love into DKC in Ultimate. Dixie's addition and Tropical Freeze music would be the icing on the cake.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
A CC remix is a bit of a gamble. The song is perfect as is, I wouldn’t want to risk a remix not matching up like Bramble Blast. If it’s good enough though...guess we’ll see.
I'mma keep it real wittchu chief,

If you're implying that because this song isn't as contemplative and atmospheric as the original, then it's a lost gamble to have it and not the original song, then O O F.

I'm actually fine that so many Smash Ultimate remixes sound so different from their original sources, because it gives new spins on classic tunes. Bramble Blast in Brawl was a wondrous, adventurous, high-energy song that perfectly fits the fights onstage that the original song, with all its atmospheric moodiness, wouldn't quite fit. But I suppose it WOULD be nice to have both the original and the remix together, for both Stickerbrush Symphony and Crocodile Cacophony.

Edit: Actually you may only have meant it for CC and not BB, now that I think about it. If so, my apologies.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I'mma keep it real wittchu chief,

If you're implying that because this song isn't as contemplative and atmospheric as the original, then it's a lost gamble to have it and not the original song, then O O F.

I'm actually fine that so many Smash Ultimate remixes sound so different from their original sources, because it gives new spins on classic tunes. Bramble Blast in Brawl was a wondrous, adventurous, high-energy song that perfectly fits the fights onstage that the original song, with all its atmospheric moodiness, wouldn't quite fit. But I suppose it WOULD be nice to have both the original and the remix together, for both Stickerbrush Symphony and Crocodile Cacophony.
I still really like the remix, don’t get me wrong. But I feel like the best remixes either enhance the attributes of the original song or go in a completely different direction. The Bramble Blast remix kinda tries to do both in a weird way. I’m glad it’s in the game, but having the SNES version would at least be a safe option.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I still really like the remix, don’t get me wrong. But I feel like the best remixes either enhance the attributes of the original song or go in a completely different direction. The Bramble Blast remix kinda tries to do both in a weird way. I’m glad it’s in the game, but having the SNES version would at least be a safe option.
I see. I suppose that's how I want Tropical Freeze music handled as well, honestly--just rip the music straight from the game, I don't need any of them remixed cuz David Wise's music is perfect there.

StormC

Smash Hero
Plus I don’t think music that is unfitting for battle is a concern when Ice Cave Chant is in.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Personally, I'd want the TF version myself, it has its own charm and is criminally underused in that game.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Sakurai has shifted expectations.

It's now okay to say things like, "Where the hell is Peach's Castle (Wrinkly's Save Cave Remix)? I thought this was Smash Bros Ultimate".

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Dixie's addition and Tropical Freeze music would be the icing on the cake.
I read this phrase a lot when it comes to Smash but I'm gonna have to disagree big time here. Dixie is way too substantial to be the icing in this metaphor.

Also, people said "now that I have all the veterans/Ridley/K Rool everything else is just icing on the cake" and then those same people went on to complain about Incineroar and Piranha Plant. So I don't like that phrase. Sorry to unload on you here, not your fault.

StormC

Smash Hero
I read this phrase a lot when it comes to Smash but I'm gonna have to disagree big time here. Dixie is way too substantial to be the icing in this metaphor.

Also, people said "now that I have all the veterans/Ridley/K Rool everything else is just icing on the cake" and then those same people went on to complain about Incineroar and Piranha Plant. So I don't like that phrase. Sorry to unload on you here, not your fault.
Not me. Those are two of the newcomers I’m most interested in after the big boys. Despite my want for Dixie, I promised I wouldn’t complain about the roster if K. Rool got in and I stand by that.

I doubt the roster will ever be “perfect” and I’m okay with that. Life is never perfect.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Not me. Those are two of the newcomers I’m most interested in after the big boys. Despite my want for Dixie, I promised I wouldn’t complain about the roster if K. Rool got in and I stand by that.

I doubt the roster will ever be “perfect” and I’m okay with that. Life is never perfect.
Well perfection is a difficult achievement to reach, I personally would feel that Dixie would make the roster perfect for me since I love it already and I don't really have that much desire for others.

There's still some other characters that I would think to be cool to have in Smash but Dixie is what would truly satisfy me more than anything else at this point.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Been quite absent since the last Direct bash... how's the barrel been up to this point?

Might have to get on that fave Kong-post sometime too.

Makes me sorta hope that Dixie was in development but had to be "shelved" due K.Rool + all the veterans taking bigger priority over time... but again, DLC's mentioned to be all characters done from scratch, so Dixie has to be entirely new (in which case, Diddy's tail whip being removed is most likely unrelated to Dixie's implementation).

It's little bumming to me really how DLC's looking beyond uninteresting right now on my personal end, since I can't entirely vouch for any characters to look forward to in it after what all has gone down, and I'm probably litte tired on disappontment. Mind you it's not related to Ultimate's quality, just something else I've observed in Smash-games as time has gone on-

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Been quite absent since the last Direct bash... how's the barrel been up to this point?

Might have to get on that fave Kong-post sometime too.

Makes me sorta hope that Dixie was in development but had to be "shelved" due K.Rool + all the veterans taking bigger priority over time... but again, DLC's mentioned to be all characters done from scratch, so Dixie has to be entirely new (in which case, Diddy's tail whip being removed is most likely unrelated to Dixie's implementation).

It's little bumming to me really how DLC's looking beyond uninteresting right now on my personal end, since I can't entirely vouch for any characters to look forward to in it after what all has gone down, and I'm probably litte tired on disappontment. Mind you it's not related to Ultimate's quality, just something else I've observed in Smash-games as time has gone on-
Even if it's made from scratch; Diddy can still be used as a reference point to speed up the development significantly.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
The only thing that worries me about dlc is this: Sakurai said himself (about the fighters pass), and I quote, “Only those who are confident in its value should purchase it”. That statement worries me because it shows that either most or all of the dlc fighters are things Sakurai doesn’t approve of, and are more likely then not all third party. Man, I am really worried, I just hope third party means Crash, Spyro, Banjo, Shantae, and heck, maybe even Ratchet or Jak. (Even though we all know none of those will be dlc because Nintendo is trash, I can still dream)

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The only thing that worries me about dlc is this: Sakurai said himself (about the fighters pass), and I quote, “Only those who are confident in its value should purchase it”. That statement worries me because it shows that either most or all of the dlc fighters are things Sakurai doesn’t approve of, and are more likely then not all third party.
Interesting, I always thought it was more about Sakurai's own choices and the reason he emphasized on that last point was to make a forewarning statement to people who'd end up "disappointed" at him later when it comes to the choices that the pass contains.

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
The only thing that worries me about dlc is this: Sakurai said himself (about the fighters pass), and I quote, “Only those who are confident in its value should purchase it”. That statement worries me because it shows that either most or all of the dlc fighters are things Sakurai doesn’t approve of, and are more likely then not all third party. Man, I am really worried, I just hope third party means Crash, Spyro, Banjo, Shantae, and heck, maybe even Ratchet or Jak. (Even though we all know none of those will be dlc because Nintendo is trash, I can still dream)
I always viewed that as Sakurai basically saying "Look we know it's ****ty to sell you guys basically nothing/content before you know what it is. Only give us a free extra $25 now if you're confident we'll actually give you something in the end, at least we aren't EA, 2K, or Capcom so you can trust us."

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I always viewed that as Sakurai basically saying "Look we know it's ****ty to sell you guys basically nothing/content before you know what it is. Only give us a free extra $25 now if you're confident we'll actually give you something in the end, at least we aren't EA, 2K, or Capcom so you can trust us."
Damn you high level corporate sales!

StormC

Smash Hero
The fact that we got a Crocodile Cacophony remix and it's freaking AMAZING nullifies any complaints I had about DK music in all previous Smash games.

Top Bottom