• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
All this last-minute "x insider said this leak we cannot debunk is fake and gave no evidence whatsoever" drama is extremely annoying and feels like nothing but attention-seeking divas getting their last dig at fame.

See, this gives me yet another reason to hope for a Dixie reveal: the second she shows up as a character she immediately shuts up any and all leakers, thanks to being in literally none of these leaks.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
No Dixie Kong
Would Just Be Wrong

...*sigh* no, that's CATCHY, but it's not a good slogan since it still feels unappreciative of Smash Ultimate, an already fantastic looking game that only looks better as the announcements keep coming.

Where The Hair is Dixie sounds aggressive, like someone mentioned...

Dixie for Smash is too straightforward, everyone else has a "___ for Smash" slogan...

This is hard!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
No Dixie Kong
Would Just Be Wrong

...*sigh* no, that's CATCHY, but it's not a good slogan since it still feels unappreciative of Smash Ultimate, an already fantastic looking game that only looks better as the announcements keep coming.

Where The Hair is Dixie sounds aggressive, like someone mentioned...

Dixie for Smash is too straightforward, everyone else has a "___ for Smash" slogan...

This is hard!
What about "Dixie's Ultimate Kong Quest?"

Ah wait, that doesn't sound like a slogan...

Last edited:

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
I'm NOT sold on the idea and still brain storming but for a campaign slogan "Check the Chimp?" I thought of a logo that has Dixie facing sideways with her hair as a checkmark. I dunno, ballots and check marks kinda goes together. I work for a marketing agency so figured I'd try to help with a slogan.

Figured it could have a double meaning. In case of another ballot, yeah cast your vote -or- If we are just making noise "Hey CHECK out this cool character that you should support."

Last edited:

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
I'm NOT sold on the idea and still brain storming but for a campaign slogan "Check the Chimp?" I thought of a logo that has Dixie facing sideways with her hair as a checkmark. I dunno, ballots and check marks kinda goes together. I work for a marketing agency so figured I'd try to help with a slogan.

Figured it could have a double meaning. In case of another ballot, yeah cast your vote -or- If we are just making noise "Hey CHECK out this cool character that you should support."
Sorry to double post but I'm going to be super busy today catching up on some client work in a few mins, and I definitely WILL forget to post this. Anyhow it's a start. If we don't see Dixie tomorrow and she dodged the FS and AT bullets then we can hit the ground running with the campaign. While we wait for tomorrow let's decide what we want our slogan to be. This is just a rough of an option. Let's prepare to get all of our ducks in a line. It's why I'm knocking my work out of the way today so I can dedicate tomorrow to making the Dixie website in case she is a no-show.
Logo.jpg

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
That's a good concept!

I thought Dixie was a gorilla but I am willing to say Dixie is a chimp to make the marketing work.

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
Its probably our best idea unless anyone else can come up with anything but so far that seems to be the front runner. I fully support backing Dixie if we don't get her after tomorrow.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Check the Chimp works. People will get the idea even if she lacks a tail like actual chimps.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
They're not gorillas nor are they chimps. They're Kongs.
Okay. Because I am working right now I don't have time to look words up. If we would like to run with "Kong" something and get rid of chimp then I need some words that mean either "choose" or "to do" that start with CON so we can do the whole play on words thing.

Last edited:

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
I still think 'Check the Chimp' is perfectly fine shes clearly based off of a chimpanzee.

Only things that I could think of is concrete or confirm so you could use some like 'make her kongfirmed/kongcrete' but those are bad ideas especially as you've already mocked up a image for it.

Last edited:

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
I still think 'Check the Chimp' is perfectly fine shes clearly based off of a chimpanzee.

Only things that I could think of is concrete or confirm so you could use some like 'make her kongfirmed/kongcrete' but those are bad ideas especially as you've already mocked up a image for it.
Well to be fair nobody asked for the mockup. I just did it because I love you guys! If something better comes along I'll be sure to support it.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Yeah, don't worry about specifically calling her a Kong. I'm just being pedantic. Colloquially pretty much all primates are referred to as "monkeys", "apes", and "chimps" interchangeably.

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
Well to be fair nobody asked for the mockup. I just did it because I love you guys! If something better comes along I'll be sure to support it.
Well you're the only one to provide one or work on anything more substantial than an idea so far. I know its far better than anything I could come up with or do so I think its great.

Last edited:

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
Good luck for tomorrow everyone.
I'm probably the last one a bit opimistic left here.

I still thinks Grinch leak is fake, always have.
I'm actually more scared of the box theory ( Ken + pokemon probably Incineroar ONLY).
But if Grinch leak is fake, there is still a chance Dixie is in.

Last edited:

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
I haven't been as active on here as I've hoped (I lurk quite a bit), but I just want to see good luck to everyone here. If anyone deserves their wants and desires to be in Smash, its this small little community here.

Regardless, here's to hoping we see our favorite chimp tomorrow in the direct.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
If the Grinch leak is true and I really think it is, Dixie is an harsh spot.
Sakurai tried to bring her into Brawl, scrapped the idea.
Tried to bring her into Ultimate, scrapped the idea.
I think he just have a problem seeing her in the game, the same way he had a problem seeing Ridley before.
Maybe something about implementing Dixie is too hard, they can't find the perfect moveset, I don't know.

Now, why should they make her as a DLC, if she was already considered and trashed ?
We must show our support for this character. It's like...DLC is a different world, you need to bring money somehow to be considered.
I would pay for Dixie as I know you would, but we need to make this very clear.
Nintendo characters (like Dixie and Bandana Dee) probably aren't their focus with DLC.
I would bet they prefer third-parties like Sora, Rayman, Crash. But let's make it happen.
This is Smash Ultimate, it won't be that Ultimate without her.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
This could very well be the last night we spend dreaming about whether Dixie Kong will be playable in Ultimate for better or worse. Although I have set my expectations for a de-confirmation (Diddy Kong's Final Smash), I would like to commend the Dixie Kong fanbase. It was nice and cozy to be able to express my thoughts and love for this character here throughout this speculation period. With everyone confirmed to return and Ridley confirmed with the E3 Direct, I got nearly everything I had hoped for right off the bat.

There is a coziness to this fanbase that reminds me of the Roy fanbase. Even if Dixie Kong ends up being de-confirmed tomorrow, Ultimate is still a fantastic game and we should be thankful for everything we got with this installment (the return of all veterans, both Ridley and K. Rool, over 100 stages, Castlevania content). It is amazing. If we somehow managed to get even Dixie Kong, it would be even more incredible, but as I said a few days ago, I feel my luck with this game is going to run out soon, and it will probably take the form of Dixie Kong's deconfirmation.

We shall see what happens. There are less than 14 hours left until the Direct airs. We have heard absolutely nothing about Dixie Kong from leaks one way or another. My prayer is she dodges the deconfirmation bullet and thus could be a contender for the DLC period.

It was nice dreaming about Dixie Kong alongside the rest of you. Regardless of what happens tomorrow, I will give my thoughts on the outcome pertaining to Dixie Kong (deconfirmation, no show at all, or perhaps, a confirmation).

As I said the days before E3...

DIXIE KONG FOR SMASH BROS.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Dixie will never be part of Diddy's final Smash. She's either playable or not in the game at all. I doubt she'll be an Assist either because she wasn't the last two times.

It's most likely Dixie is just absent entirely tomorrow, which at least gives hope she can be DLC.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Dixie will never be part of Diddy's final Smash. She's either playable or not in the game at all. I doubt she'll be an Assist either because she wasn't the last two times.

It's most likely Dixie is just absent entirely tomorrow, which at least gives hope she can be DLC.
This talk reminds me of the Ridley fans that spoke in regards to Ridley possibly being a stage hazard in Smash 4. It is definitely a realistic possibility. Sakurai did this with Ridley in Smash 4. Already we have an idea that Isaac (who was certainly far more requested than Dixie Kong) is an Assist Trophy according to Vergeben who has a pretty good track in regards to leaking Ultimate stuff.

Like I said, let us hope for the best, but I hope you do not get angry if we get the Dixie Kong as a tagteam partner for DIddy Kong's Final Smash.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Whatever happens, I want you guys to know that this was easily my most favorite support thread, and community altogheter! I am still 100% hoping for Dixie to make it tomorrow, or in a little more than half a day's time (wherever you come from). It's been a long and draining road, but I think we're gonna make it. There's little reason for Dixie not to be included, given they can easily borrow a lot of mechanics from excistant characters and make a very unique character out of it.

Still, with Dixie returning to the DKC franchise since Tropical Freeze, I say we still have little to worry about regarding Dixie's future. It's not like her exclusion in Smash is gonna withhold her from being playable in DKC games, and that's also a big blessing we should be thankful for. So whatever happens, I hope we won't become sour if Dixie ends up not making it. Knowing that DLC is almost 99% guranteed to happen.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Seriously, put Dixie into Diddy's Final Smash would be a horrible move for Sakurai.
I'm quite sure he knows she is a popular Nintendo character.
It won't add nothing. No one, exactly no single person in the world want this.
As an assist trophy is more viable, but I think Dk series have a cast with a lot of better options as assist trophies, like Wrinkly or Funky.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
The animal buddies should be assist trophies, most prominently Rambi. A random Klaptrap is an odd choice.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Seriously, put Dixie into Diddy's Final Smash would be a horrible move for Sakurai.
I'm quite sure he knows she is a popular Nintendo character.
It won't add nothing. No one, exactly no single person in the world want this.
As an assist trophy is more viable, but I think Dk series have a cast with a lot of better options as assist trophies, like Wrinkly or Funky.
If there's ONE obvious DKC Assist Trophy, it's gotta be Rambi. Honeslty, not having Rambi as AT is almost just as criminal as not having Dixie playable.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
The fact that the only assist trophy we've gotten for DK is Klaptrap (easy reused asset) 5 games into the series when I could think of PLENTY of viable assists from the series like Squitter, Squawks, Rambi, Funky, Wrinkly, Chunky, Tiny, Lanky, Krusha, Zinger, etc. is kinda sad.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Whether it be base or DLC, Dixie Kong deserves to be in the roster for this game. Don't give up until the very end! #DixieKongForSmash

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I never understood why the animal buddies weren't used as items before.
A barrel that you throws and an animal buddy comes to help you for a bit.
Even now, with K.Rool included, I still feel that Dk is not well represented at Smash Bros.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I never understood why the animal buddies weren't used as items before.
A barrel that you throws and an animal buddy comes to help you for a bit.
Even now, with K.Rool included, I still feel that Dk is not well represented at Smash Bros.
Especially in the music department. There are so many great tracks from the series, it's a shame that not more of the music doesn't get into Smash Bros.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Especially in the music department. There are so many great tracks from the series, it's a shame that not more of the music doesn't get into Smash Bros.
I can understand why, most of the DKC stuff wasn't even made by Japanese people (whom are generally uneasy about using stuff by other creators even amongst themselves). It's like adopting most of someone's kids and not being sure how to treat them well, exactly.

In any case, it's baby steps for this time.

Besides, I want revenge on the little Klaptrap buggers for messing up playthroughs.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I don't know who is spreading rumors that Dixie uses a blender. She does NOT at all. She uses her hair in a cup to mix all the ingredients up instead. She should start a smoothie business.

Luigi player

Smash Master
imo: if dixie doesn't show up in any way (assist, diddys final smash, stage-element, ..) she's planned as dlc and probably just didn't have enough time/importance to make the base game.

there is NO way she wouldn't get anything at all (trophy or something doesn't count).

vergeben and others talking about the grinch leak being fake gives me more hope again for her to get into the base game. we'll see!

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
If Dixie is not added to Smash Brothers,

she will stand outside of Nintendo Headquarters and put her hair over her lip so it looks like Mario's mustache.
And in a fake Mario accent say, while waving her hands up and down, "Heya look at me, I"m a f**kface".

Put Dixie in Smash!
#CheckTheChimp

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
LET'S GO BABY!!!

DIXIE TIME BBY!!!

Whether now or DLC

We gonna get that girl to the game!!!
If there's ONE obvious DKC Assist Trophy, it's gotta be Rambi. Honeslty, not having Rambi as AT is almost just as criminal as not having Dixie playable.
Rambi should be in a crate (like DKC) as an item and appear in the Adventure Mode.

Top Bottom