• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You guys have been waiting on Dixie as long as people have been waiting on K. Rool. I hope you guys finally get her. I would like to see her up there with DK, Diddy, and K. Rool because the DK representation in the roster won't feel complete until we get her. She has my full support.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Anyone ever seen this? Genuinely hilarious lil' short that really emulates the off-model look of the infamous DKC TV Show and features a rather hilarious punchline with Dixie. :laugh:

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
I've been playing DKC since 1994, but for some reason I never realized till 2018 that all of the Kong's names end with "Y" EXCEPT for Dixie.

Donkey
Diddy
Cranky
Funky
Candy
Swanky
Wrinkly
Kiddy
Chunky
Tiny
Lanky

Like...what the hell. I literally never noticed they all end with Y. Dixie is the only one who doesn't. This is just something that I never realized till now.

It's been like 25+ years, and now this occurs to me.

Last edited:

SlayQueen

Smash Cadet
What if during the rumored direct (this week or next) they reveal Dixie playable for both Super Mario Party and Smash?! Ugh, let me dream!

Duck$mash

Smash Cadet
Hi Dixie supporters! I think she'd be a great addition to Ultimate. I loved played DK Country as a kid, 2 was definitely my favorite. I'd really like to see her as an Echo of Diddy, and no doubt she would have her twirling hair glide we all love. Can't wait for the next Direct X_ X

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
I think there's a pretty good chance.

A: A direct is probably an eventuality for this month and B: K. Rool being added has me feeling a lot better about the love for our series. Also, don't let the fan collective convince you their top picks (at this point Skull Kid and Geno) are too big to not be the next ones lol. There were no leaks with K. Rool when we got him.

Edit: Apparently the guy who announced the Nindies direct says it's coming /tomorrow/ of all days.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I feel like seeing Dixie is pretty much a given tommorow. Dark Samus was revealed the direct after Ridley, and The end of the K Rool trailer would so work as the start of a Dixie Kong Trailer. Just too perfect. She will be shown tommorow, I bet on it

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I feel like seeing Dixie is pretty much a given tommorow. Dark Samus was revealed the direct after Ridley, and The end of the K Rool trailer would so work as the start of a Dixie Kong Trailer. Just too perfect. She will be shown tommorow, I bet on it
If we see any Echos tomorrow, I'm betting 100% percent as well that we will see Dixie Kong.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dixie’s reveal will be a serious light in the current darkness for me. Also cool to see some new titles for Switch and 3DS.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
I'm already so happy we got K Rool. Dixie would be cherry on the cake though if she makes it in!

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Really hoping for the Gangplank Galleon stage + Dixie echo combo of my dreams for tomorrow! My most wanted echo at this point. Good luck everyone!

zferolie

Smash Hero
Really hoping for the Gangplank Galleon stage + Dixie echo combo of my dreams for tomorrow! My most wanted echo at this point. Good luck everyone!
If we were getting that stage I think we would have seen it in the K Rool Trailer... :(

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
If we were getting that stage I think we would have seen it in the K Rool Trailer... :(
Yeah I fear that, but hopefully they are saving it for Dixie! If there's a Smash segment in the DIrect, I'd love if Sakurai takes a minute to explain a bit K. Rool's moveset in Gangplank Galleon like with Simon and then connects with "oh and by the way, here are two new echos" and Dixie drops in the stage and fights K. Rool for a bit before showing another one.

Last edited:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I definitely think we will at least get a new echo or two tomorrow. Let's hope she makes it!

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Imo, I don't think we'll be seeing an echo, as this will be a general direct. I honestly think echoes will be saved for Smash Directs to help pad out those presentations.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Here's to hoping Dixie will get in soon. I hope you guys finally get another DK rep. I'm wishing you guys the best!

Ghostwolf35

Smash Cadet
I'm still hoping for Dixie as a unique fighter or semi-clone. I don't think they'll do two DK characters back to back though.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Coming over from the Isaac thread to wish everyone here good luck for getting Dixie tomorrow! I don't think she's missing out on Smash again this time around. Sakurai's seen how passionate Donkey Kong fans are, and he had to have seen a lot of love for Dixie.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Oh man this is exciting.... I'm hoping Dixie shows up but terrified of the thought of her being an Echo. My greatest hope is that she gets in unique or Semi-Clone; that plus a brand new DK game to promote eachother.

It hasn't even been a month yet, but here we are with a potential newcomer. I bet they'll save Smash for last, so I'll be sitting through games I may not care about first.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Hmm... Do I tell myself that Dixie will be revealed tomorrow and get sad when she doesn't or do I tell myself that she's not going to be shown tomorrow so that way I'll be pleasantly surprised if she is? Choices.

paperosbronzo90

Smash Cadet
Hype for the direct. I'm expecting an unique fighter to be revealed at the end of it. If Dixie is a echo I doubt she will be revealed tomorrow. Hope I'm wrong.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Good luck tomorrow, Dixie fans! She's a perfect fit for Smash and it's a shame she's not already in in some form.

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
It would be really cool if Nintendo would announce that next year will be the year of donkey Kong as the dkc series turns 25 and then they show a new DK game followed by Dixie Kong's reveal as a playable character in smash ultimate (I hope she's at least a semi-clone not an echo fighter). Let's keep our expectations in check but hope for the best! :-)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Gonna be an antsy wait for this one... but I kind of believe we get a reveal tomorrow. Just not featuring an Echo.

Mainly this is due how their "trailers" are set strictly on gameplay-based clips and usually thrown during middle of Smash-info dumps held by Sakurai in his own dedicated Directs.

For this reason I doubt we see Dixie if she's planned as an Echo - unless Sakurai is allowed to take helm during some point of the Direct. Of course this is already before how there's other big guys in store to be more likely announced before Dix...

I'd be thrilled if she'd be this Direct's next big newcomer reveal though.

Last edited:

paperosbronzo90

Smash Cadet
We should keep an eye to Sakurai's twitter account. He surely will tweet something about the direct and maybe a hint like the "red eyes" thing... Like Birthnote said I keep my expectations low, very low.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
While I would lose my ****ing mind if Dixie is revealed tomorrow. I HIGHLY doubt she will be there. We JUST got K.Rool and I don't see them announcing 2 DK characters back to back as well as if Dixie is in she will most likely be an echo and I doubt we will see any echoes tomorrow. My bet is on a gen 7/8 (whatever the hell Sun/Moon are) Pokemon tomorrow. I'd LOVE to be wrong but I'm just not feeling it. I feel if we get Dixie she will be shown in the final Smash Bros. Direct. UNLESS of course we get the final game of Retro's DKC announced tomorrow but even then I don't see it because I doubt Nintendo will show any games for 2019.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I'm nervous about Dixie's chances tomorrow, since it's a general Direct, and I expect Dixie to be an Echo. And because of that, we'd only get, like, one character announced and maybe online plans for the game and not much else.

But if and when the next Smash Direct happens, that's when I expect more newcomers, Echoes, and modes divulged... But yeah, I don't see Dixie happening at all tomorrow, as much as I'd love it.

(dang, Mariomaniac beat me to the punch on sharing hivemind Smash fan opinions, heh...)

Last edited:

paperosbronzo90

Smash Cadet
I expect that Dixie will be revealed (if she's really in the game) after the analysis on K. Rool's moveset, in the next Smash direct.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Long time without coming here.
I think it's YOUR time guys !
And please Sakurai, bring back the kneepads !

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Hmm... Do I tell myself that Dixie will be revealed tomorrow and get sad when she doesn't or do I tell myself that she's not going to be shown tomorrow so that way I'll be pleasantly surprised if she is? Choices.
Always go glass half empty. You don't lose when you don't expect too much.

Its convenient that my boss has been giving me days off that happen to be the days for these directs. Now I get to kick back and watch the direct at my leisure just like the 8/8 one.

That said, this is a general Nintendo direct, so we may only see a little smash content, and possibly only one newcomer. Still exciting though.

Cap’nKazam

Smash Apprentice
Best of luck tomorrow Dixie Kongs! She's my fourth most wanted behind Tetra, incidentally another close miss from Sakurai's forbidden seven. I've got a good feeling for both of them this time around. Please add me to supporters!

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
i can't believe that i got almost everyone i wanted.

This was me 4 years ago. Not that bad!

1536178211365.png

I just miss Dixie Kong really! :-(
( ok i also want Geno-Skull Kid - Rayman)

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Out of all the potential characters that could be shown tomorrow, Dixie Kong would make me the most happy. She absolutely deserves to join the other three DKC characters, if she doesn't join the game tomorrow then she would probably be shown later anyway before December comes around. Good luck to all tomorrow!

Top Bottom