• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I'll only ask you this: why does Dixie have to be an Echo? Do we have a valid reason outside of "she can share assets with Diddy Kong"? Because I am quite sure that's not the only reason considered during development when deciding who'll be an Echo. I assure you, if Dixie Kong was a completely different-looking character, none of these discussions would arise, because people would only look at character potential. Much like Geno or Isaac, who don't share proportions with anyone for the most part and are not even close to being considered as Echoes.
I think that's ultimately a core aspect of the decision. If it's cheaper and faster to make Dixie an echo, and in doing so you ensure you have time to include other characters as well as a result of saving that time and money, I'd make Dixie an echo in a heartbeat. When her proportions are essentially the same as Diddy's, that's essentially a freebie.

Sure, she doesn't HAVE to be an echo, and as a unique fighter I'd love what she could bring. But in the context of how much time was spent on making sure every character could return and how few newcomers we'll have this time, I'll be very, VERY surprised if she makes it into this game as a unique fighter.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
A big reason I want Dixie in is that honestly SHE is the true rival to K. Rool. DK and Diddy have been bested by K. Rool twice now and Dixie saved DK twice and Diddy once from K. Rool. K. Rool has never captured or beaten Dixie so they have some unfinished business that should be resolved in Smash.
Funny thing is, K.Rool finally would have managed to capture her for DK64 if she wasn't swapped out for Tiny (and even then, jailtime didn't last long for the latter).

....Does Dark Samus really count, though?
Let's not bring up that debate again, please. :(

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
I think that's ultimately a core aspect of the decision. If it's cheaper and faster to make Dixie an echo, and in doing so you ensure you have time to include other characters as well as a result of saving that time and money, I'd make Dixie an echo in a heartbeat. When her proportions are essentially the same as Diddy's, that's essentially a freebie.

Sure, she doesn't HAVE to be an echo, and as a unique fighter I'd love what she could bring. But in the context of how much time was spent on making sure every character could return and how few newcomers we'll have this time, I'll be very, VERY surprised if she makes it into this game as a unique fighter.
We finally agree on something, yet you look at it from the other side. Dixie already is faster and cheaper to implement due to sharing assets with Diddy, so why bring it down to another level and copy paste most of it, stripping the character of its trademark abilities?

I honestly prefer quality over quantity. I'm against the point of view of having the former compromised for the sake of the latter. For this same reason, I fail to see why Dixie has to be compromised and in order for whom to be included as unique? In all honesty, I don't think it works like that. I am 100% sure that character integrity is put on the table before an Echo decision is made.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
So when Dixie Kong is announced which DK character will you support next? For me, I would love Lanky Kong to be in, although far more likely I would love if Cranky would be in also.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
With Dixie Kong I'll be good with DK character representation, but I'd love to instead see more stage and music variety. Also animal buddies as assists.

I don't get why there's a million "wood over water" stages, when we have things like an ongoing avalanche, fear factory where the lights randomly go off and things catch fire, bramble levels, bayous, creepy forests, mines... etc etc.

pepiux pepiux I think that's the main point where we part. I think I trust Sakurai to do Dixie as an echo in a way that will do the character justice and not damage her integrity

Bodacious66

Smash Cadet
I would rather see Dixie as an echo than not getting in at all. This could be her last chance to get into a smash game for another 6-8 years and Sakurai already said not to expect too many newcomers.

With not a lot of slots and stiff competition I don't really know what to make of her chances of getting in at all.

Anyway can I be added to the list of supporters?

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
You can put me down to support Dixie if I'm not there already! She's my favorite of the Kongs, and DKC3 has always been my favorite of the trilogy.

Never understood why it was so looked down on...

RayaGRH

Smash Apprentice
Dixie absolutely should not be an echo, and I don’t think we as Dixie supporters need to accept her as one. Would I prefer her as an echo over nothing at all? Yeah, of course. But it’d still be doing a disservice to her character, and so I would also be disappointed that she wasn’t being given her proper dues. That’s not an insult to echo fighters at all, but as has been pointed out before, they are all echoes for a reason, they don’t necessarily require unique movesets. Dark Pit and Dark Samus are villainous counterparts to Pit and Samus. Chrom and Lucina both share an incredible likeness to Marth, and we know that’s why they got in. Daisy and Richter are easily equivalent to Peach and Simon, and there is not need to give them any unique moves. Two of my most wanted characters are Ms. Pac-Man and Shadow, and I fully embrace that they are suited as echoes and it’s their only chance to get in, and I support that. Dixie is not the same case.

In DKC3 and DKCTP, Dixie is actually defined by her uniqueness to Diddy. If she was just an echo of him, there would never be any need to switch them out! Her entire way of moving is based around the use of her hair, how she grabs things, flies, glides, attacks. Dixie’s hair is what makes Dixie who she is. Making her a Diddy echo would remove that completely, and then, what’s the point? A Dixie echo would just be the idea of Dixie, everything that we all grew to love about playing her would be gone. It’s the same reason I support Shadow and not Tails, despite being a bigger fan of Tails… I don’t want Tails to be an echo of Sonic, because without using his tails, he isn’t Tails. So I support Shadow instead, because he fits in fine as an echo. Characters are supposed to play like themselves, that’s part of the big draw with Smash Bros. Certain characters don’t have these unique attributes, and they can easily be fitted in as echoes or clones. But certain characters do, and they deserve to have those carried over.

At this point, I already feel like Smash Bros has really just payed Dixie dust over and over again. It really is a shame, and I try not to feel bitter, but it’s hard not to. For many people who played those original DKC games, she was just as important as Diddy and DK, and many even liked her the best, because of how cool of a character she was and how she played. She’s a Nintendo All-Star through and through, people just know who Dixie Kong is. Even if they do just know her as “oh, the girl monkey from DK”, well hey, they still know her and remember her. She has that staying power, and remains to be the biggest glaring omission of all, and that is true for Smash 4 as well. She has been a huge part of 3 popular home console games. She was probably one of the first female characters to front her own game, which is a massive deal, especially with how Smash Bros has been so quick to add female characters recently. I mean, how many other Smash characters have had their name in the title of a game? Probably not that many. But Dixie Kong has “Dixie Kong’s Double Trouble”, and she’s been in the Nintendo family since 1995. It really does baffle me how quickly some still dismiss her, and how she still has not been given her proper dues. Now that K. Rool is in, it’s just not right how Dixie is not there with the rest of the gang. That picture is not complete without her there.

Dixie Kong is overdue. She deserves to be in Smash: Ultimate, and she deserves to be unique.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Now that im thinking about it I think that's my main attachment to Dixie. Growing up as a girl playing video games I was kinda rubbed the wrong way because a lot of games and some movies too featured the girl having to be saved. Thinking that was a norm I kinda hated being a girl until I played DKC2! Dixie rocked my world and made me feel more confident in myself as a kid. I hope thats not a weird reason to like a character.
That's not weird at all! I posted a similar reason as to why I'm attached to her some pages back. Dixie is a pretty important character not only in Nintendo's history, but in video game history for this very reason. It's kind of a crime she isn't in Smash yet.

Why does everyone seem so settled accepting Dixie as an Echo? She is important enough, and definitely more so than all the other Echos currently revealed, none of whom I believe had a chance to make it in as unique. Dixie is in a different league.

I am hopeful that she will be unique, if only borrowing assets from Diddy. She DESERVES her own trailer and not just a random mention in the middle of a direct.
I think there are a lot of people out there who aren't super attached to her but believe she deserves to be in, echo or not. I agree with you entirely, though.

So when Dixie Kong is announced which DK character will you support next? For me, I would love Lanky Kong to be in, although far more likely I would love if Cranky would be in also.
The only DK games I ever played are the Country games (all 5), so there really isn't anyone else I would care enough about. I wouldn't mind seeing Funky Kong as a Donkey Kong echo, though.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I've got so much to respond to but this post will mostly be light stuff and something off topic.

First, I've got quite a few new members of the Barrel to list! Let me say welcome to:
volbound1700 volbound1700
Kremling Krewmate Kremling Krewmate
pepiux pepiux
DeltaSceptile DeltaSceptile
Geoffrey Druyts Geoffrey Druyts
GAINAX GAINAX
@Mewtwo
Mariomaniac45213 Mariomaniac45213
Blackwolf666 Blackwolf666
SSBBDaisy SSBBDaisy
Flik Flik
Glaciacott Glaciacott
SirCamp SirCamp
grizby2 grizby2
Luigi player Luigi player
Bodacious66 Bodacious66

This is a list of 16 members! We've gone from 238 to 254!! QUITE the jump we have here; the number of Supporters leaped like a rattlesnake on a kroc's pirate ship! Thank you to all who have made the Barrel a place to chat; I have a lot of catching up to do from 5 pages back, so if I missed anyone let me know immediately!

BirthNote will add you next time he does an update, no worries. He does groups of people at a time because the supporters flood in so fast here.
High Five! Thanks for pointing this out.

Again?

I.......I was LATE to a gender debate party?!
I missed it too, don't worry. I'd say that Dark Samus is female, as while I don't know Metroid Prime's gender, I know Samus's, so since it's going mostly off of Samus's DNA I see it as female, because genetically speaking it's a clone of her but mixed with some freaky alien DNA and made even worse with Phazon...which is apparently an alien lifeform with a mind of its own. Now that I think about it...since Samus is female, Metroids are sterile (except for a Queen which Prime wasn't) and Phazon has no gender...I'd say Dark Samus is barely female and more genderless overall. Without going into the weirdness about it, I doubt DS matches Samus 1:1 in bodyparts since her suit is basically her exoskeleton and there's nothing underneath that besides guts.

A big reason I want Dixie in is that honestly SHE is the true rival to K. Rool. DK and Diddy have been bested by K. Rool twice now and Dixie saved DK twice and Diddy once from K. Rool. K. Rool has never captured or beaten Dixie so they have some unfinished business that should be resolved in Smash.
THIS is amazing. That never clicked in my mind before but damn, it makes me think that K. Rool would especially despise Dixie. To him, DK's that big dumb ape that got lucky and thwarted him a few times while Diddy's his scrawny monkey sidekick who also got the better of him, but Dixie's this WTF tagalong who beat him and to this day he hasn't gotten his revenge. K. Rool doesn't take losing well, since his solution to the 1st 2 Kongs was to capture and torture them, so imagine how furious he must be that this other Kong defeated him; he must be seething with hatred.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
With the Krem King himself finally coming on board, I think it's time Dixie follows suit. Thanks to Chrom of all characters, I've grown to accept the idea of her being classified as an Echo of Diddy, as she can have her copter hair as opposed to barrel jetpacks (easily my least favorite part of Diddy's kit), while still borrowing moves from Diddy and be easy to implement in general.

Her and Shadow, I feel, are the most likely Echoes to show up in this game now.

Also, having four DK reps just feels right. Toss me into that support list, cap'n!

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
You can throw me in there as well. While I 100% prioritized K. Rool, with him in the game I can wholeheartedly support Dixie now in terms of DK reps. I'm totally on board with her as an Echo now (I didn't used to be), thanks to us now knowing just how much Echoes can differ from their originals.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
The one thing people don’t seem to be mentioning is dlc. If people really think the only way she’ll be in the base roster is as an echo, then I’d rather have her be DLC so she can be unique

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
My mentality, and I think this is a sentiment shared by a lot of people for any character, is that as long as they're in the game as a playable character, it doesn't really matter just how different their moveset is, as long as it's still faithful to the character.

And I think they can be faithful to Dixie while still being an Echo (which we now know can really be a semi-clone in all but name). It's a simple matter of implementing her ponytail in her recovery and some attacks, and other changes here and there. While she has the potential for a completely unique moveset, I don't think she necessarily needs one to be faithful to her character. And I would prefer the base game over waiting for maybe getting a character as DLC, even if it meant a more unique moveset.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
The one thing people don’t seem to be mentioning is dlc. If people really think the only way she’ll be in the base roster is as an echo, then I’d rather have her be DLC so she can be unique
Yeah, I said I'd hold out hope for DLC a few pages back.

I too have thought about a lot of what you are saying! It really hits a bit too close to home. I know threads here on Smashboards won't determine if a character gets in or not. We have been hit with many curve balls in terms of characters not as popular making it into the game anyways.

If Dixie indeed was overlooked and not included in the original plans in 2015 then I know no matter how vocal we are as supporters at this point that he's not going to stop what he's doing mid development and add her. However, in the chance we get DLC she would be standing near the top.

I know DLC is not guaranteed and Sakurai said he intends to show every character before release but then again we never know what the future holds. DLC came out of nowhere with Smash 4. It could happen again this time. Not holding my breath on it but who knows.

I mean if not it's just beautiful to see so many fans come together to support a cause. If Dixie doesn't happen then I still had a blast talking to all the great people in this thread and in the community in general <3
I just really feel like she can't possibly be left out of the game. If not in the base roster she has to be DLC if we are blessed enough to receive DLC this time around.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Updated the OP once more with spoilerowl spoilerowl and SchAlternate SchAlternate , welcome inside!

Also tweaked and expanded on a few sections of the OP. Here's the biggest change:

This Kong's Got Style: What Dixie Can Bring to the Table
So, let's address the obvious issue that Dixie faces: "She'd just be a clone of Diddy!" With Lucina and Dark Pit proving that Sakurai does still add clones in new installments, plus the new and sexy term "Echo Fighters", it may be possible that Dixie becomes one too. After all, Richter, Chrom and Dark Samus's announcements showed us that Echo Fighters won't be scarce, they can come from a series that just got a Unique Fighter, and they don't have to be a 1:1 match with attacks but different animations. With all this lined up, it's possible that Dixie shows up like Dark Samus and Chrom, now that K. Rool's leaped into the arena. However, I use "possible" as the key word here. Dixie can be her own fighter conceptually and in terms of moveset and playstyle with all the options at her disposal, as she has 17 games (including ports/remakes) of material to get a feel for her character and abilities. While Diddy is wild, playful, amusingly silly, and always ready to fight, Dixie has a fun, bubbly and adventurous demeanor, but is easy to anger and violent just like the other Kongs. This can be easily showcased through animations, but to get the best impression of Dixie we'd need her to be versatile in her element: the air, which Diddy can't compare in.

We don't know how the roster will turn out, but there's some parallels between Dixie's speculation lifespan and a fighter who debuted in SSB4: Bowser Junior. Before he was confirmed, there were plenty of options for Mario newcomers, but the best expectation that most had for him was a semi clone that incorporated Squirtle's moves in areas where Bowser's wouldn't make sense, and when Rosalina got in before him, the fandoms believed he'd be sitting SSB4 out. Any of this sound familiar to Dixie's situation? Based on his looks and closeness to Bowser, it was believed he could only perform weaker versions of his dad's moves, but look at him now. We got not only a moveset that few saw coming, but a clever way to include him, his (currently not) siblings AND have him play absolutely nothing like his dad. Junior was the most obvious clone candidate, being in 1st place in the "LOL, Only as a Clone" category while Dixie was 2nd. If Sakurai and the Smash team could throw a curveball with Junior, why not Dixie as well? The trophy descriptions put strong emphasis on her hair, and we'd like a moveset that does the same.

Now, what this entire passage is telegraphing is that many fans recognize the potential for Dixie to be a clo--an Echo Fighter. In fact, now that the term has been coined, many have voiced their support for the idea, as Sakurai and his team have made the once reviled thought appealing or at least simply acceptable. This isn't a bad thing per se; it's become so widely acceptable, that many see this as Dixie's all-but-confirmed fate, as if that's her only shot of breaking out of her barrel. What some users--and this entire OP as well--are saying is that yes, we recognize the potential for Dixie to be an Echo of Diddy or a hybrid of DK and Diddy. We also recognize the possibility for Dixie to step in as a fighter who doesn't play like her boyfriend and utilizes her hair in the arena as extensively as she does in the platformers. We have our preferences and our ideal scenario while others may not share the same thoughts, but that's fine. We are willing to discuss the possibilities and get some healthy conversations going even if our thoughts conflict.

At first glance, Dixie doesn't look like she can do much in the world of Smash that her boyfriend Diddy Kong can't, but she does have a few abilities that could set her apart. Her main attribute, her prehensile blonde ponytail, could potentially have many uses. Dixie could use it as a whip, swing it to smack her opponents around, use it as a tether grab, and most important of all, spin it around like a propeller to recover and give her superb mobility in the air. It basically functions like an extra limb, and a 3-armed chimp can spawn a lot of attack options in a fighting game. In addition to her her ponytail, Dixie has her Bubblegum Popgun from Tropical Freeze, her guitar, and she could possibly use other abilities from the Donkey Kong series, such as barrels, the rocket bongos from Barrel Blast, or animal buddies like Squawks, even something from Diddy Kong Racing or the Mario sports games she appeared in. Some have also suggested that she could use wads of bubblegum as a sticky trap or even team up with her cousin Kiddy Kong to perform all sorts of team attacks. In terms of playstyle, Dixie could be a trickster with disjointed hitboxes, multiple jumps, and aerial mobility like Jigglypuff, R.O.B., or Pit/Dark Pit. She would have a similar body shape to Diddy, but could be slightly slower and more floaty to further differentiate herself from her boyfriend.

Ghostwolf35

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I said I'd hold out hope for DLC a few pages back.

I just really feel like she can't possibly be left out of the game. If not in the base roster she has to be DLC if we are blessed enough to receive DLC this time around.
She really should have been in Smash by Brawl, or at least by 4, so if she isn't in Smash Ultimate, it'd be very disappointing. I'd still be happy with the game of course, but a character with Dixie's history really shouldn't be left out of a celebration of Nintendo icons.

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
So, to celebrate K Rool‘s inclusion I started recompletikg the DKC games + 64 again.

However, as a good-luck-charm of sorts, I‘ll finish each level of DKC2 and 3 with Dixie Kong!

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Not related to Smash, but as I was rereading this, I noticed how many times you mentioned that Diddy is Dixie's boyfriend. I wonder why so many people think they are related? I guess it's because Nintendo/Rare/Retro never really go into detail about their relationship, so I think it would be cool to see a DK game that gave them a bigger focus.
Ehh honestly they share more aesthetic similarities between than Tiny and Dixie ever did, so maybe that's why.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I love Donkey Kong, really. My favorite Nintendo series and DKC 2 is my favorite game of all time.
That said, Dixie is the last character that is needed from Dk in Smash Bros.
What I'm saying is that with Dixie being confirmed, I would not support another fighter from the series.
I love Funky and Cranky, but it would be a bit of a overkill to have them.
Dk , Diddy, Dixie and K.Rool seems like the perfect representation of Donkey Kong.
Cranky and Funky can be assist trophies.
There are another characters and series that I'd like more content in Smash Bros.

Dixie is a necessity.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
Yeah i'd love Cranky eventually but after Dixie all the essential DK characters are accounted. Cranky is more of a legacy pick in that he is Arcade DK, probably the most iconic Nintendo character after Mario We really just need Dixie to complete needed DK representation though.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I will look for Banjo-Kazooie but I don't see them very possible, so I won't be hyped for anything. My higer priorities were Ice Climbers, K. Rool and Dixie, if she's in it's OK for me. It's the last thing I'm asking for, I want her since Brawl. Ashley and Banjo-Kazooie are characters who are in my list but I can live without them.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Tbh, Chunky Kong. He was my favorite of the Kongs in DK64, and I don't care how much of a pipe dream it is. I miss the big guy, and I'm sad that both Lanky and Tiny got comebacks in the series while he was left alone back in that tag barrel. However, Dixie is the last DK character who I feel needs to be in to be satisfied with the series' representation. After that, I'm content.

The only reason why I'm starting to accept the possibility of Dixie being an echo in the wake of Chrom is because I'm preparing myself for that outcome. She definitely has enough to work with to be unique, as I'm sure we all agree and would prefer; however, with the focus of this game being on bringing back everyone, I can see her being less of a priority than some of the other heavy hitters. I'm trying to avoid self-disappointment with this game; I got really invested in Dixie being in Smash 4 and was pretty disappointed with the roster we ended up with. Outside of Palutena and Rosalina, I didn't want any of the newcomers introduced in that game, and it kinda sucked to get so worked up over something for several years to have it amount to nothing (twice, if you count the DLC cycle and the Ballot). Dixie being a likely candidate for an echo at least gives me something to hold on to, and I can be pleasantly surprised if I'm proven wrong. She's still my favorite Nintendo character of all time, and if she feels enough like her (even if that amounts to little more than aesthetics and a few move alterations), I'll just be glad she's in the game at all. I'm also a tournament player, so it wouldn't hurt if she was heavily based on Diddy's moveset.

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Since Metroid now has a full offering of characters in both a new heavyweight villain and an echo fighter villain, DKC could use the same treatment. It's far too tantalizing to see that the franchise is just one echo away from being completed.

Give her K Rool's up-B, reanimated to be her hair. The peanut popgun could easily be replaced with the often thrown-around bubblegum blowing attack, where if you charge the bubble for too long it pops in her face and stuns / damage's her, just like Diddy's. The rest of her moveset would see Diddy's tail moves being replaced with Dixie's hair attacks. Boom, it's done. Dixie is represented as Dixie while efficiently still qualifying as a Diddy echo. The echo part is really nothing to fuss about.

I'm aware it's not tapping into the full potential of what her moveset could be, but the same fate fell upon the likes of Chrom and Dark Samus and it's honestly not a big deal. Chrom could have easily shuffled through various weapons to display his full mastery of the weapons triangle, while Dark Samus could have had her slick array of attacks in the boss fights from Prime. Neither happened. I was a huge Dark Samus supporter and while I hoped she would at least be a semi-clone, I don't really care that she's an echo just because of how beautiful the model looks and simply seeing Dark Samus in action filled me with joy. I expect a similar fate to befall Dixie, merely because it is incredibly tempting to fulfill what DKC is missing in characters in the most inarguable / harmless way possible, which is Dixie as an echo. It's honestly a done deal if you ask me, I'm 100% betting on this.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Readings Birthnotes new description of Dixie and mentioning that she could use her hair similarly to DKs upB, and with good mobility reminded me of something..

DKs upB got nerfed. Harder to maneuver and it's a shorter duration (basically the move is even worse as a recovery because of that).

Maybe it's because Dixie got it echo'd and to differentiate them more hers is better/longer with more mobility and DKs got worse..?

Oh well. I could live now with Dixie as an echo, since we know they could share moves so she could use her hair. If she'd just be a Diddy with a different skin I wouldn't want her in like that. So being a combined echo is a new possibility I could live with.
Although I really want her to have different attributes and some different attacks as well... semiclone or original is what she needs to be >.<
She should be a little slower on the ground but with better airspeed/-mobility and use some different attacks. Sharing the same speeds and stuff would really feel weird and be unsatisfying (especially since it's just a few numbers that need changing).. but I guess I'd take it over nothing as long as she gets her whirling moves.. even though she does need her own dashattack too.. argh.

I'll just keep hoping for original/semiclone. It's definitely possible since they should have thought of moves for her already. But I'll take her as an echo over not getting in if she wouldn't have made it otherwise and they do it well, without being too disappointed about it - I really want her to join Smash after all.

After seeing Kirby getting 3 reps in Brawl I was sure she'd join it as well; and after getting hugely disappointed from that she was sure to join in Smash4 in my eyes.. she was even already planned for Brawl, so that added to that likeliness. When she didn't make it again at all it didn't make sense to me. She definitely needs to be added this time. If not in the base game then as DLC! I really want to have all my 4 beloved DK chars on the screen. :] Not to mention Diddy and Dixie teams would be really fun!

Last edited:

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
You can count me in as a Dixie supporter too.
And I really think she could be faithfull as an echoe if they implement her hair right.

After Dixie, the DK rep and the game will be almost perfect for me, everything else will just be bonus.
But I'll support Medusa (unlikely) and Rayman.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Random thought but imo Diddy should of been added in Melee, K Rool Brawl, Dixie WiiU or something along those lines. I think it's kinda crazy we are just now getting more DK representation. Don't get me wrong I'm beyond greatful I'm just a bit baffled by the timing of it all. I'm happy the fandom stepped up and made as much noise as it did to get more representation in the game. Dixie has gotta be on the way too.
Well we were gonna get Dix and Diddy together in Brawl but it didn't work out programming wise?

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Now with K Rool in the game, I'm shifting focus to Dixie. She is the next logical step, and I'd say is a needed addition. If we can get her, DK representation will be about as complete as it can get! (Well, after that, I still want Cranky, but I think Dixie should come first)

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I wouldn’t be surprised if Dixie also couldn’t get into 4 thanks to technical issues either the 3DS.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Tbh after Dixie, I'll be satisfied with the DK representation. I'll probably start supporting some reps from Kirby or F-Zero after this.

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Yeah i'd love Cranky eventually but after Dixie all the essential DK characters are accounted. Cranky is more of a legacy pick in that he is Arcade DK, probably the most iconic Nintendo character after Mario We really just need Dixie to complete needed DK representation though.
Yeah, I'll agree. As big a fan as I am of Cranky, if we get him instead of Dixie Kong, it'll look like one big old Donkey Kong Country 1 party with the characters. Luckily, Dixie isn't in DKC1!! So if she's in, she's automatically repping the sequel games, and some of the finest games ever made too (not that the other characters don't represent them in some of their attacks, but y'know, Dixie can only rep DKC2, 3, and DKCTF, and that's pretty awesome to me). Plus, Cranky is a stage element in Jungle Japes still, I can live just fine with that.

I'm really feeling the Echo potential for Dixie. First the tail attack being removed, then not seeing Diddy's alt pink color, then not seeing his Final Smash, then seeing Chrom's UP B changed into an entirely different attack, and then K. Rool being announced showing that Sakurai not only listens to fans but also cares about the DK series, and then Dark Samus showing up letting us know that two characters from one series can be added here (and not during the same event too)... it's like, all of it feels so very possible right now, and I'm so excited! She was the character I voted for in the ballot, and I feel like Sakurai would've seen just how popular she was too, I hope!!

And yeah, I think I would be satisfied too. Well, for DK representation anyway. Anyone more from the DK franchise would just be a bonus.

Also, because she's probably an Echo at this point, I'm gonna predict her gameplay trailer music will be Stickerbush Symphony, perhaps the Brawl version unless there's a new arrangement. It's a lovely song for a lovely character.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
....Does Dark Samus really count, though?
I think it’s fair to count her given at least a couple scans/bits of lore in Prime 2 (or 3?) specifically refer to her as a she/her.

I don’t think it’s fair for them to discard Inkling like that though.

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
I would very much prefer to have her unique as DLC than an Echo of Diddy. I really doubt that just replacing her Up-B, final smash and/or dash will be classified as an Echo and will do her justice.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
HO boy don't know for you but i cant wait to know if Dixie is IN.
It's now the same level i got when waiting for K.ROOL...

after DIXIE . i will just wait for the game in calm.
. i post a lot about that but Dixie is always in my mind now :)

i hope they will show some K.rool move. and then Show Dixie and a new DK Stage
(we need one...they removed the best looking stage for Dk and the most revelant.)
if they can add a stage from Mario Odyssey and Zelda botw...they can add 1 from Tropical freeze.
and what a good way to do that with a Dixie reveal to end the story. ( K.rool just captured diddy and Dk
we need a happy ending)

Last edited:
Top Bottom