• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
So how should Dixie be posing in her Smash render? I would like to see her jamming on the guitar.
I think her render should emphasize her hair. I'm imagining a dynamic mid-twirl pose with her ponytail curving around into the foreground.

Alternatively, just use the pose from Steve Mayles' recent artwork.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm still feeling pretty optimistic about Dixie's chances, next year does seem like a good time for it to happen considering DK's anniversary. Really is a shame she still isn't in by now, but I don't think it's over for us yet.
We got to hold on until the end. In my opinion, Dixie is the last Jiggy left to make Ultimate's roster perfect or close to perfect.

DeniroSerafim

Smash Apprentice
So this person was joking, but this idea that Dixie NEEDS to be an echo is and always has been extremely annoying and wrong.
20201005_203153.jpg

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So this person was joking, but this idea that Dixie NEEDS to be an echo is and always has been extremely annoying and wrong.View attachment 288531
I hate what this person said here: "Frankly DK is well represented enough as is so I don't see why you wanna new character anyway, better to get new franchises in there instead." Smash is more about characters you want or who you think would be fun it isn't about: "Let's add as many franchises as possible even if most people don't like it.".

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Exactly! Im so tired of the bull**** if it ain't a new DLC 3rd party franchise it aint hype! I'd rather have Dixie a long standing, playable in over 15 Nintendo games 1st party character especially considering DK as a series in Smash still has a LOT to mine. Dixie would come with a non-generic jungle stage, more DKC2 remixes. Music from DKC3, Tropical Freeze, Barrel Blast, and Diddy Kong Racing. That alone is more hype to me than adding Bubsy, Gex the Gecko, Fortnite Jonesy, Freddy Fazbear, Angry Bird, Fall Guys Jelly Bean, Among Us alien, etc. or whatever the next 3rd party DLC character will be now that the floodgates have been opened up further.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
People that say Dixie should absolutely be an echo, without any other choice or potential, usually don't even know from what game most of :ultdiddy:'s moveset came from anyway. Ah yes. That Peanut Gun or the Flying Jet Pack were things Dixie totally used in the DK games!! And both Kongs were throwing bananas around and doing Monkey Flips in DKC2. Right?

And :ultkrool: joining in with some music doesn't fix the fact that the DK franchise got completely ignored in Smash 4. The effects of that still make it feel as underrepresented as Kirby or Xenoblade.
Before K. Rool's announcement I remember many people being OK with a double reveal because Smash 4's treatment of DK was completely atrocious.

I've generally found that Resetera is not worth visiting
You think so?
Efq4KNEUMAI6n6F.png

Thank you for the screenshot. Kremling Kampaigner
Never making an account there.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Restera is Ebola, Aids, All types of Cancer, Covid, and Polio all mixed into a blender and turned into an internet website.

It makes Twitter's userbase look stable and respectful. There's a reason why it's predeccessor, NeoGaf, crashed and burned and was seen as a laughing stock and the only reason why i don't want Resetera to Crash and Burn like it's predecessor is because they will have to migrate to somewhere, the same reason i want Twitter alive as a containment capsule.

Exactly! Im so tired of the bull**** if it ain't a new DLC 3rd party franchise it aint hype! I'd rather have Dixie a long standing, playable in over 15 Nintendo games 1st party character especially considering DK as a series in Smash still has a LOT to mine. Dixie would come with a non-generic jungle stage, more DKC2 remixes. Music from DKC3, Tropical Freeze, Barrel Blast, and Diddy Kong Racing. That alone is more hype to me than adding Bubsy, Gex the Gecko, Fortnite Jonesy, Freddy Fazbear, Angry Bird, Fall Guys Jelly Bean, Among Us alien, etc. or whatever the next 3rd party DLC character will be now that the floodgates have been opened up further.
As someone who's most wanted was a Third Party, Simon Belmont, i have to agree on this.

Smash SHOULD be about Nintendo characters fighting on Nintendo stages with Nintendo items while Nintendo music plays as you collect Nintendo stuff. Made by Nintendo, for Nintendo fans. But now because Sakurai and Nintendo can't stop trying to overblow Smash's reputation as THE GREATEST CROSSOVER IN GAME HISTORY which i find a ******** excuse because we only NOW got a western character who isn't a former Nintendo property (Banjo was actually once Nintendo-owned in a sense) and it will never be a truly accuarate museum of gaming. and for some reason people just go along for the ride.

Imagine if King Of Fighters, SNK's signature fighting game, had Ryu from Steet Fighter, Kasumi from Dead or Alive, Heihachi from Tekken, Scorpion from MK, and ****ing Melty Blood characters as DLC, and had people going "KOF IS NOW ABOUT FIGHTING GAME HISTORY", while more obscure but beloved SNK characters like Shermie, Billy Kane, Eiji and Blue Mary were pushed to the side. I bet people wouldn't like that. THAT is what i see happening in Smash, and the only reason im not throwing a fit over this is beacuse of the "EVERYONE IS HERE" angle which brought back every Nintendo veteran................which is probably what brought us into this mess ironically enough as well.

Because they brought back every veteran, this meant that it got cluttered really fast with Guests like Mega Man, Pac-Man, Snake and so on. But Guests were clearly the minority in 4 and so Ultimate's base game. It's the Fighter Pass that really grinded my gears. All of them indvidually are decent choices, but putting them all in the same Pass is just too much and really messed up with Smash's identity. So much so that guests are no longer exciting for me. You know who was the most exciting choice for me? Not Terry with his Fighting game legacy and reprsenting Latin American game interest, not Hero with his RPG legacy, not Joker because Persona is latest trend in gaming, but Banjo, because he is Nintendo's Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, a Nintendo character in spirit and soul, rightfully back where they belong.

It's also why Simon was my most wanted. Im happy Sakurai went with the Vampire Hunter whose first outing was in the NES and was featured in a lot of early Nintendo advertising instead of the Pretty Boy Damphyr whose most popular outing was in the Playstation. Guests are not special anymore though, even though they got the character from the BEST SELLING GAME IN THE PLANET....i feel nothing, but okay. Because there have been so much guests, that Steve didn't feel like an event, it felt inevitable, because Guests are the norm. Nintendo characters are now more special becasue they are rarer to see, and you bet your ass a Nintendo character will make feel more than any guest can at this point (outside of Geno who is honestly a Nintendo character in my eyes, and Crash because of my childhood bias but i don't see him happening) either be positive, negative or even suprised because when something is the norm..............it's boring.

Guests are now boring. Hell even in other fighting games they are becoming boring and feel more like a "Jump the Shark" issue. Did MK11 needed Joker? AND Robocop? AND the Terminator? AND Spawn all in the same game? or the amount of guests in MKX? and then there's Tekken 7 which started fine with Akuma and Geese.......then jumped the Shark with Noctis and ****ING NEGAN.

It's weird, i remember Smash 4 speculation (ESPECIALLY pre-release Speculation) back in 2013 and early 2014, and if anyone from the Newcomer threads took a Deloran, went to a Smash Disscussion forum, and talked about Persona, Master Chief, Fate, Minecraft, Assasin's Creed, Danganronpa, and so on.....it would go like this:

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU? YOU YOUNG WHIPPERSNAPPER! WHAT IS THIS PERSONA STUFF? GET THIS WEEB GARBAGE OUT OF SMASH BROTHERS, IT'S ALREADY BAD ENOUGH WE HAVE MARTH AND IKE, GO BACK TO YOU BASMENET AND OOGLE ON THOSE SENRAN KANGOORO TRASH! GAMERS NOWADAYS ALL JUST WANT TO COMPENSATE FOR THEIR LONELINESS.!"

"MASTER CHIEF? GET OUT WITH THAT WORTHLESS FIRST PERSON CORPORATE LUNACY! NEXT THING YOU WILL TELL ME IS THAT YOU WANT LINK IN THAT CRAPPY PLAYSTATION SMASH CLONE'S SEQUEL"

"WE ARE NOT GETTING ANYTHING FROM ASSASSIN'S CREED, THAT SERIES HAS BARELY ANY NINTENDO PRESENCE! WHAT'S THAT? SNAKE DOESN'T HAVE THAT MUCH EITHER? THEN GET RID OF THAT BEARDED CUTSCENE GLORIFIED KID OUT OF SMASH! HE'S LIKELY NOT COMING BACK ANY TIME SOON ANYWAY"

"TALES? PLEASE, WE ARE GETTING PAC-MAN, AND ONLY ONE CHARACTER PER THIRD PARTY COMPANY! THAT IS A RULE!"

People seem to forget that in those days, Third Parties were a rarity. I can't speak for Pre-Brawl speculation, i was just too young for that age (but it seemed to be a "Wild West", as in "Anything Goes" era) but Pre-release Smash 4 speculation was a different ball game altogether, it was DOWNRIGHT Conservative when it came to this. I mean yeah there were threads for characters like Bomberman and Lloyd, but when it came to talking about them ho ho ho............people had HIGH restrictions for that.

Characters needed to be SUPER MEGA DUPER ICONIC, they had to be Mario level and appear on lunch boxes and be pop culture behemoths, so no Bayo or Layton in the eyes of many, and if you dared to talk about Sakura Shinguji or Reimu Hakurei, they would just laugh, and laugh, and laugh at that such a character could even cross your mind. They also needed to have presence on Nintendo, and i mean ACTUAL presence, not some random Spin-Off Handheld game on that nobody talks about, unlike a certain Thief. Only one character per company was seen as the norm, which crippled many characters and meant only one rep per franchise, and even then some people didn't expect Sonic or Snake to return (Smash is probably the only franchise where returing guests are thing, i mean do you remember Link ever coming back to Soul Calibur?), with Mega Man beign one of the few if not the ONLY guest in Smash 4.............yes really. and here in Smashboards, Cloud had a thread for Smash 4!............that was closed down because Cloud had not enough Nintendo presence. For all intents and purposes, the only guest character that people TRULY expected to a large degree was Pac-Man..........and that's it.

People went from laughing at the idea of even adding a FF character in Smash, to honestly considering the possibility of the likes of Sora, 2B, Adol Chrstin, Master Chief, Travis Touchdown (before he got sacrificed to the Mii Costume Gods) and other Guests that are not even remotely close to what most people think when it comes to Nintendo's colorful cast of Characters.

Meanwhile, characters like Bandanna Dee are not given any repsect, despite his resume for Smash Ultimate beign as impressive as Meta Knight was for Brawl's (a lot of people don't remember this, but Meta Knight beign absent in Kirby games was far more common back then, Bandanna Dee has actually become extremely prominent on a regular basis since 2011, and but during the 90's Meta Knight kept missing a lot of titles, inlcuding major ones like Kirby 64)

Im not doing this flex my knowledge, but because i have experience in what people tend to talk about. I remember when Retro Reps were a common talking point, i remember all the rumors and lead up to Palutena's reveal (people WERE supportive of Palu's inclusion in Smash, it's just that Uprising's overexposure in Smash 4 raised some eyebrows) and how everyone was so optimistic for K.Rool due to the Kritters in Smash Run, same goes for the Chorus Kids due to the Sneaky Spirits. It's weird looking at all of this in hindsight, if im honest.

I just hope Min Min is not the only Nintendo character in this Pass. She may be a "Shill" in the eyes of some, but it was still a step in the right direciton in my eyes, let's just hope Nintendo realizes that if they want to push for Nintendo character, they don't need to have been born yesterday.

Bodacious66

Smash Cadet
Dont know if anyone here plays rivals of aether but the game has a workshop that basically let's you put any character in the game (not on switch version unfortunately).

I found this video someone made showing off Dixie in RoA. Pretty neat, apologies if it's been posted before

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Dont know if anyone here plays rivals of aether but the game has a workshop that basically let's you put any character in the game (not on switch version unfortunately).

I found this video someone made showing off Dixie in RoA. Pretty neat, apologies if it's been posted before

Dixie Dair.PNG
I need a Dair like this one in the game, :ultivysaur: has had this type of fun alone for too long.
I disagree with the moveset having Banana Peel tho, that move overcentralizes :ultdiddy:'s gameplan and that's why I don't enjoy playing as him.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I don't disagree with you but to be fair, I've seen stupid takes like that on GameFAQs and Twitter as well, and in far greater quantity. I don't deny that Resetera has a lot of problems on its own (which isn't really for this thread), but yeah, I've seen the "3 DK characters is enough, don't be greedy" and "we need new franchises at all costs" take dozens of times on GameFAQs and Twitter without any sense of irony. From my personal experience, Resetera out of the three is probably the most friendly to Dixie, at least in terms of quantity and ratio of positive vs negative posts.

All three of them have tons of problems.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
This is the way I see it, as someone who's become mostly pro-third party these days.

firstpartyvsthirdparty.png

I think most of the hype for third parties these days is because of Nintendo's reluctance on having faith in their own franchises. You look at the third party side and you see a whole slew of amazing and iconic/popular characters that really celebrate gaming history, but then you look at the first party side and all you see are...two promotional FE reps, a Mario mook that was more than likely a left over from the base game, and Min Min, who I genuinely consider to be a step in the right direction as she's a character repping an all new Nintendo IP that had sadly missed the boat for the base game.

It's the above image that really makes me and many others lack faith in Nintendo's decision making regarding their own characters. They feel mostly just thrown in for promotional purposes. Even Min Min, who I consider the first actual good first party DLC choice, was really just a case of ARMS lining up with Nintendo's best interest, being a new core EPD franchise that they're gonna want to keep around the future. The closest equivalent at this point is Ring Fit Adventure, which I think should also get a character due to its big success, but it clearly missed the boat for this game, hence the spirit event. Same thing with something like Astral Chain.

I personally just can't really get excited for more first party DLC reps when, more likely than not, it's just gonna be stuff like a Gen 8 Pokemon. I just can't look at the above lineup and think to myself "oh yeah, I can definitely see the Nintendo suits selecting Waluigi, Dixie Kong, Isaac, Rhythm Heaven, Bandana Dee, etc", the characters that people actually want. It's why at this point people are more interested in third parties, because Nintendo/Sakurai have pretty much excelled on that front while the actual Nintendo reps have been mostly underwhelming.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I do hope this fighter's pass has multiple first-party characters, even if Dixie Kong isn't one of them. Most of my favorite characters who aren't already represented ARE from Nintendo games, and I can't really think of any other third-party characters I really want (unless by some miracle they add Tony Hawk but I'm not counting on that).

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I think I might be in the minority here, But while I'm primarily a Nintendo gamer, I heavily prefer 3rd party characters catered to my taste if I am being honest.

There is only 2 1st party characters left I care about and that is a Pokemon 8th Gen rep and Dixie Kong.

I think most agree there isn't a lot of "Star Power" left when it comes to 1st Party in the same league as a lot of the other main and secondary characters already representing their franchise's that are on the roster.

With 4 roster spots left personally I'm realistically hoping for:

• Crash Bandicoot (Most Wanted)
  • Master Chief
  • Inteleon (Pokemon Gen 8 Rep)
  • Dixie Kong

Though I hope I'm wrong, Dixie Kong is the one that I honestly feel the least confident about my top 4 picks.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Look! Half of all the Smash DLC newcomers throughout Smash's history have been Fire Emblem characters. How depressing.
Imagine going back in time to right before Smash 4's first trailer and telling yourself that by 2020, 40 characters will have been added to Smash and it's sequel combined, and not a single one of those 40 characters was Dixie Kong.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Imagine going back in time to right before Smash 4's first trailer and telling yourself that by 2020, 40 characters will have been added to Smash and it's sequel combined, and not a single one of those 40 characters was Dixie Kong.
I wouldn't believe future me. I would tell myself: "K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie both got in before Dixie? I don't believe it. I would have though Dixie would have made it in before those 3. You're lying to me.".

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I wouldn't believe future me. I would tell myself: "K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie both got in before Dixie? I don't believe it. I would have though Dixie would have made it in before those 3. You're lying to me.".
Funny how Kazooie turned out to be the first female Rare character added to Smash, years before Dixie or Krystal will be at this point. Me ten years ago would never expect that.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
If Nintendo doesn't put in any particular first party characters like Impa, Dixie, or Bandana Dee? I don't blame for that given how, realistically the money is to be made with prominent third party characters. That's sensible, if a little unfortunate.

However I do blame them for not placing such characters in the base game circa Smash 4 or Ultimate to begin with. Not only was there less risk given the large scale roster, it would have also further given the likes of DK and Kirby further publicity given that neither one has been the most high profile priority franchise for Nintendo the past couple of years. I have no doubt FE's gotten further sales and fans because it has been highlighted in Smash, and hey that's fantastic and I'm glad to hear it. But its impossible to ignore the self fulfilling prophecy that series that gets less publicity in major games like this are in turn going to have less attention by the public and press as a result.

There will be some that will say that DKC (and Dixie by proxy) isn't prominent compared to other series, but if that's the case, the fault likes not the series itself, but the company that deemed only two new mainline games in the last 10 years was enough.

Last edited:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Trivia.PNG

I hate that this is actually true. It's depressing.

And I also think most recent Smash additions aside from :ultminmin have gotten too loose and has become more of a what kind of character can cause a "Shocking surprise" or more marketing choices than anything.
Aside from :ulthero: (Actually, it is :ulthero3:, getting multiple costumes was a genius move) and :ultbanjokazooie:, which are a huge part of Nintendo's history, the rest aren't the kind of characters anyone would have chosen for a series that started as a Nintendo crossover. I would have taken Flynn from SMT IV as the first Fighter Pack character even if I like the Persona series, and another 3rd party choice over Terry that has way more Nintendo presence (Like Phoenix Wright, that's why he was by far the most requested Capcom character before the Dante craze started in January). Both :ultjoker: and :ult_terry: feel like Sakurai's personal choices.

But I think fans of non-Fire Emblem Nintendo characters have been left in the dust for too long. I would love if at least 3 of the remaining characters were requested 1st parties. Balance and variety is the key here.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I think Terry's a really solid pick tbh. He's a popular character with a long history, and even serves as a way to represent the entirety of SNK through cameos and music. I think he's both more iconic and a much better representation of his franchise than Joker.

Plus he's got a blonde ponytail, and that's how you know a character is worthy.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Funny how Kazooie turned out to be the first female Rare character added to Smash, years before Dixie or Krystal will be at this point. Me ten years ago would never expect that.
Yeah. I thought Dixie's relevancy would have gotten her in before K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie which is why I always thought she was more likely.

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I do hope this fighter's pass has multiple first-party characters, even if Dixie Kong isn't one of them. Most of my favorite characters who aren't already represented ARE from Nintendo games, and I can't really think of any other third-party characters I really want (unless by some miracle they add Tony Hawk but I'm not counting on that).
Im the same way. Dixie Kong, Pauline, Captain Toad/Toadette, Krystal, Porky Minch, Cranky Kong, Impa, Bandana Dee, DJ Octavio, Louie, Sylux, Waluigi, Isaac, Dragoux, Medusa, Hades, Slippy Toad, Paper Mario, Octolings, King Hippo, Elma, Rex/Pyra, Chibi-Robo, Captain Syrup, etc. So many 1st party characters that would make me and my amiibo shelf happy. Lmao.

Where as the only 3rd party characters I care about are a Resident Evil rep and Cuphead both of which were deconfirmed with the spirit event and Mii Costume.

That being said besides Dixie who I feel is a must the characters I listed above would just be nice bonuses IMO. I actually feel bad asking for more when tbh I dont spend much time playing Smash anymore anyway (mainly in it for the amiibos and fanart tbh) and I feel this Smash has given me plenty with K.Rool, Ridley, Inklings, Chrom, Byleth, Dark Samus, Isabelle, Min Min, & Daisy. Which is more than I can say about Smash 4 where the only characters I really cared about were Villager, Little Mac, Rosalina, and Bowser Jr.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Im the same way. Dixie Kong, Pauline, Captain Toad/Toadette, Krystal, Porky Minch, Cranky Kong, Impa, Bandana Dee, DJ Octavio, Louie, Sylux, Waluigi, Isaac, Dragoux, Medusa, Hades, Slippy Toad, Paper Mario, Octolings, King Hippo, Elma, Rex/Pyra, Chibi-Robo, Captain Syrup, etc. So many 1st party characters that would make me and my amiibo shelf happy. Lmao.

Where as the only 3rd party characters I care about are a Resident Evil rep and Cuphead both of which were deconfirmed with the spirit event and Mii Costume.

That being said besides Dixie who I feel is a must the characters I listed above would just be nice bonuses IMO. I actually feel bad asking for more when tbh I dont spend much time playing Smash anymore anyway (mainly in it for the amiibos and fanart tbh) and I feel this Smash has given me plenty with K.Rool, Ridley, Inklings, Chrom, Byleth, Dark Samus, Isabelle, Min Min, & Daisy. Which is more than I can say about Smash 4 where the only characters I really cared about were Villager, Little Mac, Rosalina, and Bowser Jr.
You're a Resident Evil fan? I'm surprised Mariomaniac as I know you're a HUGE Nintendo fan and Nintendo mostly has non realistic gruesome characters in it's catalog. I wouldn't expect you had a 3rd party want especially something like a Resident Evil rep.

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
You're a Resident Evil fan? I'm surprised Mariomaniac as I know you're a HUGE Nintendo fan and Nintendo mostly has non realistic gruesome characters in it's catalog. I wouldn't expect you had a 3rd party want especially something like a Resident Evil rep.
Hey man, I love Nintendo but doesn't mean I only play Nintendo games. I have owned almost every console at one point and have played many 3rd party games/franchises. Hell on Switch alone I own almost 200 games. Resident Evil, Sonic, Call of Duty (back in the day), Monster Hunter I love just as much as my favorite Nintendo's 1st party series. Uncharted and God of War from Sony also rank up there for me. I think Dead by Daylight is one of my most played Switch titles. Just because Im not a huge fan of 3rd party characters in Smash doesn't mean I dont play other things.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hey man, I love Nintendo but doesn't mean I only play Nintendo games. I have owned almost every console at one point and have played many 3rd party games/franchises. Hell on Switch alone I own almost 200 games. Resident Evil, Sonic, Call of Duty (back in the day), Monster Hunter I love just as much as my favorite Nintendo's 1st party series. Uncharted and God of War from Sony also rank up there for me. I think Dead by Daylight is one of my most played Switch titles. Just because Im not a huge fan of 3rd party characters in Smash doesn't mean I dont play other things.
I'm mostly a big Nintendo fan, but play other games on other consoles sometimes. The only 3rd party characters I really want are Goemon, Zero, Tron Bonne, Shantae, Yoshimitsu, Nightmare, Chun-Li, and M. Bison. All these characters come from 5 different franchises so yeah.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
People having varying tastes? Unheard of. The remaining 3rd party wishes of mine also be gory things like Resident Evil, Doom Slayer, Scorpion from MK, and such, but the last Nintendo allstar that is Dixie I would want first above all else.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
New Dixie GIF on Twitter.

Ah, that GIF reminds me of the short but sweet period when after the GBA Port of DKC2, Nintendo started to put Dixie and sometimes Funky (And Tiny once) in more Mario spin offs like Hoops 3 on 3, Superstar Baseball and Super Sluggers, and she also never missed out in any games.... until DKC Returns.

Look at the gap between GBA DKC2 and Super Sluggers. It was Dixie's golden age, even if the games weren't exactly what the fandom wished.

I supposed she dissapeared from Nintendo games after Returns because of sanitized "brand identity" or whatever, if DKC Returns had Dixie, I bet she would be playable in Smash at this point.

Also fun fact, like I posted yesterday. The only games where Dixie appears and she's NOT playable, are the Super Smash Bros. games.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'm the exact opposite. Nearly everyone from Nintendo who needs to be in Smash is here. Dixie is an outlier, a glaring omission.

Aside from her, big new 3rd Party IPs that expand the scope of the cross over from Smash are far more interesting than adding secondary/tertiary characters from franchises that are already well represented.

Top Bottom