• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disney Sing-A-Long Mafia - GAME OVER, IT'S A HAPPY ENDING FOR DISNEY!

Clover

Smash Rookie
Aww yeah. Sorry for doubting you, Macman. My bad.

For sure, Macman MVP.

Also taking a break after this game, realized I lack the dedication and energy for dealing with mafia. Be back later tonight with specific remarks, was a lotta fun, guys.

John2k4

The End of an Era
No Orboknown, that's not ****ing it.
Guess I do have to go this route.
The problem is that I can't play games here because of my meta. To everyone in Mafia I am the **** player. Try to change my playstyle, and I can't. Try to do good in a game, but that is just not possible. I've gotten my three strikes, so now I am out for good.

Closing my phone browser now before my emotions do something stupid.

:phone:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I am so pissed I died so early after doing so good D1.

I am so sorry scum-team.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
That's not a good reason nor does it seem right but I'm not going to go into it.

I'm gonna try and do shout-outs for this game.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
aiight john, I know at times I can be abrasive/demeaning when playing but no harm's ever meant. Back in the day ppl wud be harsh and at each others throats sometimes... *remembers some of ronike's and kevinM's ridiculous fights*

Unbelievable!

:059:
lmao

there is a good case for no mvp tho, soup/mafia and rake self destructed which gave town the foundation for this win. and i did go inactive for like half the game

but town probably wouldn't have won if i didn't somewhat defuse the J/tb crap, make myself not a lynch target, and direct them towards gheb.

so yea

#HBC | ѕoup

MvP: macman or no MvP

you seriously just bowled over the scum-team like that and lynched em' both easily, but yeah i can see why No MvP

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
No Orboknown, that's not ****ing it.
Guess I do have to go this route.
The problem is that I can't play games here because of my meta. To everyone in Mafia I am the **** player. Try to change my playstyle, and I can't. Try to do good in a game, but that is just not possible. I've gotten my three strikes, so now I am out for good.
ah, 3 games is not nearly enough games to get amazing at mafia.

I was really ****ty for a long time, and now I'm only a little bit ****ty.

#HBC | ѕoup

Yeah John, took me about 20 games to just get the feel for mafia and about 40 to get to where I am.

#HBC | ѕoup

soup i probably woulda never suspected you, sucks that you got screwed d2
I feel like I messed up, I coulda pushed Rake and got him lynched but I just led myself to believe he was legit and got hardbodied by the indy. Sucks.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
That's not a good reason nor does it seem right but I'm not going to go into it.
I wasn't aware that I had to justify myself to you. At least Macman himself seems to understand me :bee:

there is a good case for no mvp tho, soup/mafia and rake self destructed which gave town the foundation for this win. and i did go inactive for like half the game

but town probably wouldn't have won if i didn't somewhat defuse the J/tb crap, make myself not a lynch target, and direct them towards gheb.
Well, the thing that really made the difference was that you realized that I was scum. I think Rake 'outing' Soup mattered a lot more and by the time Soup died a lot of the connections between us couldn't be reversed. I'm surprised people didn't see them sooner tbh.

#HBC | ѕoup

I was trying to keep my options open but give enough backdoors to where I could change it at any time and not get suspected. I died too early before I could do anything and was only pushing John simply because I expected him to give me reason to jump off him instead of me having to pretend he wasn't scummy with his inactivity.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I was trying to keep my options open but give enough backdoors to where I could change it at any time and not get suspected.
Based on my experience this tactic works against a good town only if you pull it off perfectly. I was very close at Bioware but then EE.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
gheb, y r u done with mafia?
When I played at my best I always had a good [emotional] distance from the game and what was happening in it. I think I need a break because I've lost that distance. Games have started to become draining for me.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
mvp bear puns

swhat im thinking so far but lemme dwell on it more

inferno good job buddy

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
ahhh, why have we condemned you inferno! You were right about rake (despite Gheb's ****ty reasoning that only scum would say 'I told you so') and you were right in this post. Inferno was a scholar and a gentleman. A modern day Alan Turing. He led us down the right path and had his eyes set on the future yet we didn't appreciate his contributions and we were the cause of his destruction! Let's do him the honor of winning this game for him and showing that he was right about everything
did it for you, homie

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
yeah

macman mvp

for pushing town in the right direction when it mattered. no mvp works as well but i prefer the former

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
shoutouts to RR for not replacing me into smoths slot where I could've gotten the song I wanted :c

T-block

B2B TST
J - I was all ready to come in here, forgive and forget, acknowledge that you just had a bad game, etc., but after hearing about your secret win-con or w/e, I'm a little annoyed =\ I really hope you legitimately found me scummy for some reason, rather than your push on me being part of your campaign to look scummy, because your terrible push distracted the hell out of me, and I know I would have been much more able to agree with Macman on Gheb if it weren't for that, and I'd like to think I would have even found the Gheb-Soup connection myself if I hadn't been so bent on lynching you, but now I guess we'll never know. I'll acknowledge that I'm largely at fault for tunnelling so hard, seeing as Macman was able to read you town, but the fact that the whole situation might have been avoided if you weren't trying to make it to LYLO for whatever reason has me kinda salty. No hard feelings in the end, but I feel like a lot of the time I invested in the game was wasted just because you decided to adopt a personal win-con.

Inferno - OMG Inferno T_T I did try to swing John on the Day you got lynched, as I did think you were town based on claim, although you did do some hella scummy stuff. I still think the situation starting at 1406 is hilarious, and I'm wondering if you ever managed to find my case in 1269 =P Unfortunately, that was one of the scummiest things you did in my eyes haha x.x I saw a noticeable change in your approach to my slot, and I didn't understand how that could come about if you clearly hadn't even been reading my posts =\ Ah well... good job calling John with me, as well as Gheb =)

Macman - Well deserved MVP imo - thanks for pulling it through for town, and I'm really sorry about putting you through me vs. J haha. I would have followed through on my promise to vote Gheb if I had been alive. I might have been tunnelling J if Clover hadn't cleared him, but I would have voted with you, just fyi ;)

Radical Fiction - I actually tried to neighbourize you guys N1 lol. Seems like you guys would have had a strong game though - too bad you ate the NK.

Gheb_01 - I GOTTA KNOW... would you have defended Sworddancer like that if you were town? I couldn't believe that more people didn't go with that, and I still cannot fathom how you would come to that conclusion. Good effort in the lategame, and thanks for coming back in.

Shadow Moth - =x

Krystedez/Vinyl. - Decent play, Krys. Keep at it. Vinyl you've actually improved tons too. You're still incredibly frustrating at times, but it wasn't completely unbearable playing with you, so keep it up =) Please keep improving your communication skills, because there were a few instances where you were misreading what was being said, and where it was impossible to understand what you were saying lol

John2k4 - A lot has already been said, so I'll just say this: DGames's impression of you was NOT what was holding you back this game. This was not a case where you were trying to make something happen, but nobody listened because of your reputation as a bad player, nor did you get quicklynched or anything. Blaming this game on what DGamers think of you is a terrible excuse for your play, because the problem here was that we didn't see any effort from you at all. Anyways, you have a lot of good people offering to help, and I really hope you take that and don't quit, but I guess I understand if you still want to. No hard feelings between us I hope - I actually do think you're a pretty cool guy ;)

Anomandaris_Rake - Thanks for handing us Soup haha... game would have no doubt been a lot different without it. Not sure why everyone was saying things like "wow i can't believe i misread rake", because imo they read you correctly as town, since that's what you were playing as. But SCREW YOU for abducting me :mad:. I hate abductors so much. Why did you target me out of curiosity?

Soup - Yeah man, sucks that you got screwed over like that. I know that feel <3 Well played though - just like everyone else, I had you as town.

Clover - J WAS BAD WHY DID YOU SHEEP HIM T_T Soooo frustrating haha. But I guess you're newer so it's okay ^^

Sworddancer - Not much to say really... after D1 I thought of you as a dependable town head - sorry about the bad pressure early D1 haha;; Gj getting NKilled even after claiming VT ;)

Red Ruy - Thanks for hosting, RR. Interesting setup, and I loved the flavour as well. Hope you enjoyed watching me being **** on by NAs again. Not even getting to use it once... wtf. Not sure I know how to use a neighbourhood in any case, so it might not have even been that interesting to see me use it anyways. I hope you didn't take offense to that whole modslip thing... it was pretty stupid in hindsight, and I should have known you were a better mod than that haha. One thing I wanted to address that you said in the Green Room - I didn't switch to lynching Inferno because Clover CC'd. It was more that Inferno's claim gave him a "only information gatherer in the game" clear to nullify his scummy play, and Clover's claim took that away. If we considered it a CC we would have been on Clover after Inferno's lynch ;)

T-block

B2B TST
ALSO

N1: Targetted Radical Fiction (I said Soup when I claimed because it made me look better but I actually used it on RF)
N2: Attempted to target Rake
N3: Targetted Sworddancer (I was going to choose Gheb, but I thought the top two NKs would be Clover and Gheb, so I went with a solid town who was less likely to be killed)

how
in
the
hell

T-block

B2B TST
if both john and j are town i'm seriously gonna quit mafia

hell, if either is town i'll probably quit
I was serious about this btw. I'm done with this game.

The game felt like a chore multiple times throughout the game, and I have to force myself to sit down and play, which is next to impossible if I don't have a sort of personal momentum in-game (which abductions totally kill :mad:). Then J's townflip only reaffirmed my trend of being unable to read players with any sort of experience, and I'd rather not waste any more time and energy in something I don't fully enjoy, just to be consistently wrong when it counts.

I've felt this way for months now, and I keep taking breaks only to get sucked back in and experience the same frustration, so this time I'm going to quit for at least six months.

Top Bottom