• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disco Room from the Disco Room! DGames Reject Copy

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Indy = Independent, someone who is neither part of the mafia or town (gangstakirby in this game)

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Exn: Riddle me this

My Alladin picture was aimed at Kevin. What if he's scum? What if I'm scum trying to get kevin to trust me? How do these questions change your view, if at all?
They change my view none. I already considered it. Like I said, a mafia member can easily mimic the way a townie would play, but a townie has no reason to mimic the way mafia would play. So from the point of view that you were mafia, my reasoning was that you would not make such an obvious move and risk suspicion so early in the game. I realize the many possibilities you could have done this, but based on the way you have played so far and by the way you analyze things, I feel you would be to cautious to take such a risk as a mafia member. The only way I would see different is if you and Kevin were both mafia (Which I'm currently ruling out for gods sake ~_~). From the point of view of you being townie, there's less risk in your Aladdin. IMO townies shouldn't worry so much about being suspected as they should in finding mafia. The only reason why a townie should avoid being suspected is to prevent confusion and loss on their side. So overall, Finding Mafia > Risk of being suspected from towns point of view. As a townie, the only way to get things done is by being in the open; questioning and voting to obtain information. But that's just my first time opinion.
Yes, everyone should be aware that even though I'm leading town I could be scum. Pied Piper. reread zens long post. He says 'alot of his reasoning is based on the fact jungle is town"

I want him to NOT look at the game that way, it's detrimental to town.
It is basically one standpoint I choose to currently perceive things by. That's not to say it's permanent. No judgment should be permanent or even of surety. "What if" must always be in a game like this. On the other hand, we shouldn't allow that way of thinking of preventing us from progressing. Because there are so many possibilities we can bounce back and forth on something for who knows how long. The only way to get by this, from my viewpoint, is to set temporary controls. In a scientific lab you set control so that you can properly test a specific subject/hypothesis. That's basically what I am doing here. I'm using this sole scenario as way to rule out (or confirm) other specific possibilities. When I said that a lot of my reasoning is based on you being town, I didn't mean so in a permanent way.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
-Rei- or Today.
This is the 3rd time you have been so quick to jump someone based off of others reasoning rather than your own. Do you have any other reason why you suspect them other than what dayday has said?
I have been so relaxed b/c I know that if they hang me, they are only losing a resource.
As a townie, the goal is for town to win. If you are townie, you should do what you can to keep everyone else from mislyching. So far all you have done is cause confusion. You haven't provided any reasoning behind your generalizations, and you are constantly making opportunistic votes. If you were truly on the town side, all you would be doing is causing damage through confusion. It's almost to the point where voting for you would be beneficial either way. If you want town to win, then stop shadiness. It's not affordable to lose an innocent. If you don't take this into consideration, it only confirms that you are mafia.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Dayday- You seem to be in the defense of RocketPsi. I noticed you have said multiple times that you do not think he is mafia, but you have not given much reason as to why you think this. Care to explain?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Ima going to add Exn to my list of people that twist words.
I simply ignored it b/c all of my words at that point would be taken out of context and twisted against me by either -Rei- or Today.
This is the original context. You used my words just like -Rei- and Today did. You twisted them against me so I would look shady with reasons behind voting -Rei- and Today.

To be frank, I was looking for any oppurtuinities to see if -Rei- or Today would make any BS calls and call them out.

I've been the scapegoat from the beginning and now when I try to alleviate myself from it, people twist my words. I dont' care if I lose, b/c this is turning into people trying to prosecute me instead of finding the mafia. And the prosecution has been coming from Exn, -Rei- and Today. I can tell that Bungle has good intentions for the room.

IMO, you seem scummy to me.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Also, we've asked Today and -Rei- what they're confused about, and they are dodging answering that.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Okay. Wait.

You find long posts suspicious but it's generally not bad?
Also, may I ask how are long posts suspicious?
this is the first post Today made about rPSI. I actually didn't find rPSI confusing until he started explaining these questions.

Don't knwo what to make of this right now, something strange.

hmm since rPSI's posts didnt show up in the quote

it was the first one of hims aying "Long posts are suspicious" then saying "long posts are generally not bad"

i think the word 'generally' sort of implies that on their own they may not be scummy but it could be in the long run when you have a rap sheet of sorts on every player.

hmmmm...

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I'd recommend rereading to those of you that aren't too sure about who to vote. I find that rereading brings old posts into a new light.

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
People arn't twisting words against you, they're just analyzing what you said. If anything, you just acted/are acting suspicious.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I honestly don't care until we get close to a mislynch/lynch or lose situation. It's a general rule of mine to not indy hunt, as they will be drawn out eventually. Like scum, they have to play the game differently (though a survivor doesn't really have to if they want to joint with town, and then its not a problem anyway).

So as of now, I'm not going to worry about the survivor when he is potentially another vote for town. If something starts to stick out to me as indy behavior when we get farther into the game, I'll make note of it and bring it up when it's important.
What's Indy behavior to you? To me it would be someone who makes multiple careless votes. Indy could care less who is lynched. Personally I think Psi fits that behavior.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I was setting bait to see if they would want to have their questions clarified. I made them seriously have to think if they would be analyzed. If they would want something clarified, they could come forth if they weren't scum, but if they were scum, then they would just hide.

Neither of them responded with what they wanted clarified.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
IMO, Vrael hasn't been active enough. We've been through a large amount of information, yet we know nearly nothing about him.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I simply recognized his "newbie" handicap or whatever you want to call it. Hell I can see where he got confused, I was too on certain aspects of the game. At the time I kinda understood what he was going through basically, and figured he couldn't be mafia.

However, I have considered that he might be mafia, (it's only logical that you think about all outcomes imo) and he may have just screwed up. If that is the case, then I think he might be thinking that he has been found out and just figures it would be best to let himself be lynched.

I don't think the above is very likely at all though, it just doesn't seem to work. :/

Right now my opinion about him is that he doesn't really care if he lives or dies and just wants us to figure out if we're right or wrong in the sense of who we think is mafia or not. Also seems pretty desperate to cast suspicion away from him but it doesn't seem to work very well.

I myself am pretty confused about Bungle, Today, and you (Exn) [their accusations against rPSI actually], so I'll re-read the thread and try to figure more out

Basically my thoughts on rPSI throughout the game
if you need me to elaborate on certain points then go ahead and ask.

ndayday

BRoomer
The above was a response to Exn btw.

Purple

Hi guys!
As much as it pains to do it, how would you all feel if i took Vrael out of the game?

It technically hasn't been 48 hours, but in the past two days i've only seen about 6 or so posts. Note this is out of 360 or so posts.​

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Send him a PM asking to be more active, if he doens't respond wihtin 24 hours/tells you he cnat then find a replacement.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Zen: That's a good question. Indy behavior (especially survivor) is different because their fundamental goal is different from others. Everyone else is trying to survive with an assigned group, while they just have to survive. Think about how you would do that.

If you just vote like you don't care who is lynched, that's just bad play, not indy behavior. Remember you need to survive and be alot more cautious IMO.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
rPSI's posts are irking me the wrong way hardcore. He's avoiding questions by beating around the bush. When today asked for elaboration, it took her 3 posts to have it explained. On top of that, it was a blatant contradiction of statements. THEN he asks when night starts. Gonna go ahead at

unvote vote: rPSI

if you really are town you have no reason to play like that.
i actually agree

i have no idea what he's talkinga bout.

I like my vote where it is until he wants to elaborate more on it
Ok see, why couldn't you have just said that in the first post.

You were being intentionally vague. It's a circular argument to say "why would i do this as scum?" Because you might for that VERy reason. This is called WIFOM, or Wine in Front of me, for those who are familiar with father of the bride. It's circular and you can't base your defense on 'why would i do this as scum" because then you've opened up the possibility that you MIGHT.

Why are you in such a hurry to end teh day?
Also you WERE answered questions specifically by Today and you never answered them directly.
These were some posts that added up for scum points for rPSI for me.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
... what? "If I were a bad guy then why would I willingly not answer any questions you guys ask and explain myself?" That's pretty much what you are saying.

No.. Be cautious on what is said? Why would you need to be cautious if you are town?
If someone is asking you a question and wanting you to explain things you should explain. It's worse when you vote or do something without an explanation because it looks like you are just doing something without any reasoning. I asked you questions because I had no idea what you are talking about. vote PSI.

Also, agree with this. Experienced or new everyone should be seen equally. I've played games with new players before and they were scum. But everyone assumed since they were new that they would probably not be scum and so we lost the game.

So I went back and I found out that I totally missed this post. @_@

@1st question: I was presenting you a WIFOM situation where you would try to realize why would a scum act like a scum?
@2nd question: You need to be catious b/c nearly anything you say can used against you in the future. You also have to be catious as a town b/c the Mafia will look for anything to be used against you.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Edit to above:
I just reread what a WIFOM is, I had it wrong. It's more of hypothetical, put yourself in the shoes of a scum and the shoes of town.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I simply recognized his "newbie" handicap or whatever you want to call it. Hell I can see where he got confused, I was too on certain aspects of the game. At the time I kinda understood what he was going through basically, and figured he couldn't be mafia.

However, I have considered that he might be mafia, (it's only logical that you think about all outcomes imo) and he may have just screwed up. If that is the case, then I think he might be thinking that he has been found out and just figures it would be best to let himself be lynched.

I don't think the above is very likely at all though, it just doesn't seem to work. :/

Right now my opinion about him is that he doesn't really care if he lives or dies and just wants us to figure out if we're right or wrong in the sense of who we think is mafia or not. Also seems pretty desperate to cast suspicion away from him but it doesn't seem to work very well.

I myself am pretty confused about Bungle, Today, and you (Exn) [their accusations against rPSI actually], so I'll re-read the thread and try to figure more out

Basically my thoughts on rPSI throughout the game
if you need me to elaborate on certain points then go ahead and ask.
That's pretty much what I was looking for. I felt the same way too at first. This is the very first time I have played as well, and understood his point. The thing is, he continues to act in the same way. I doubt there would be 4 or more mafia members, and more than 4 people
(Bungle, Rei, Today, Myself, and Wingz) have explained to him why we think he is mafia. Every time we do, he makes the assumption that we are scum rather then taking in what we are saying. Does he really think we are all mafia? Why else would he continue to ignore our reasoning...? I know he is smarter than that. That's the thing keeping me from believing he is being truthful. I know that he can use simple reasoning skills, so for him to just suddenly go all noobish only looks like a defense which he refuses to give up. I too was and still am unclear on certain rules. Still, I don't allow that to mess up my game.

The only accusation I feel was invalid was "Psi's rush to end the day". I felt he was honestly just asking because he didn't understand that aspect, and that people misinterpreted that.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
rPSI you are one away from a lynch. If you think it would help clear you, claim what role you are (without copying and pasting your Role PM). This is obviously up to your discretion (or if anyone else speaks up aainst it, but i dont see why they would).

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful

@Bungle,
@Today: I'm also a little confused as to why you are confused about Rei's statement there.
It was more of a sarcastic remark. Meaning I found a few things that didn't add up right to me, yet apparently it adds up to them.

@Rei,
^For that reason I'm fairly confident one of the people who voted rPSI is scum

I'm thinking either -Rei- or Today
If you go back before the "real day" started I've made points on PSI before anyone really started talking to him. I asked him questions which he didn't answer and continued to ask until I had a clear understanding on what he meant.. which didn't happen.

I never once said that I voted for Bungle b/c he was leader. I only wanted to make the community aware that no one had done any form of in depth analysis of him. Obviously as you guys can see, on the first day my vote is flimsy and is only meant to show my spotlight of interest.

I'd like to know what kind of defense for myself you'd like to see me put up Wingz. I simply ignored it b/c all of my words at that point would be taken out of context and twisted against me by either -Rei- or Today. Now that they seem to be at bay by their mention, I'd like to know what you want to know from me.
I'm an 18 year old girl. I'm not going to be on Smashboards 24/7. I do have a life outside and I am going to go and do other things. I've been here and posted when I've been online. A lot more than some people here has done.
Also, I don't understand what you mean by twisting? I've only been asking questions and going with the answers I've gotten. (or didn't get). So please do elaborate on this.

Also, we've asked Today and -Rei- what they're confused about, and they are dodging answering that.
What? When did you ask this? Please quote it. I'd like to see it. It really does feel like you're trying to turn things around.

I was setting bait to see if they would want to have their questions clarified. I made them seriously have to think if they would be analyzed. If they would want something clarified, they could come forth if they weren't scum, but if they were scum, then they would just hide.
Uhm.. what? How did I not ask for clarifications? The only thing I've been doing WAS asking for clarifications.

So I went back and I found out that I totally missed this post. @_@

@1st question: I was presenting you a WIFOM situation where you would try to realize why would a scum act like a scum?
@2nd question: You need to be catious b/c nearly anything you say can used against you in the future. You also have to be catious as a town b/c the Mafia will look for anything to be used against you.
Oh. Okay. So you just missed my questions..

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I don't see how him claiming which role he is would help anything. If he was scum, he wouldn't say so. So he'd probably just claim to be townie no matter what his role is.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
No, but wouldn't it be nice to know if we were going to lynch the cop or doctor so we could look else where for another lynch?

That is. if he isnt counter claimed.

ndayday

BRoomer
I'd like to aim the same question that Exn asked Vrael to Today;

what besides rPSI seems weird to you?

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i'm confused today. how is that towards me?

i think you meant rPSI since those are all his quotes.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
@Exn: Well -Rei- was looking a little suspicious earlier, but I'm not so sure now. Since we haven't had a killing yet, and since this is my first game, it's hard to tell right now. rPSI is the only one who actually jumps out at me now as being potential scum.

Bungle and KevinM seem townie to me, but I don't know. They're both pretty experienced in Mafia (I think) so they could just be really good at not being suspicious.

Zen I feel like you're most likely townie. -Rei- is still on my radar, but I'm leaning towards townie with him.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I guess that makes sense, Bungle.

But in any case, he could claim to be cop just so we think twice about lynching him. It's an interesting situation in any case.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
My only issue with zen is that is feelings of town/mafia are really based on what people would and would not do as mafia, which is circular

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I guess that makes sense, Bungle.

But in any case, he could claim to be cop just so we think twice about lynching him. It's an interesting situation in any case.
No he shouldn't

we dont want to out the real cop if we don't have to. Why give the mafia a free nk?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
To expand.

If anyone else does say they're a cop, I know that they are Mafia. And when I die and my role is revealed, whoever claimed the cop role will be auto-lynched.

Top Bottom