• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dirtiest Player in the Game - Wario Social Thread

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
I was playing Kyon's MK for R&D the other night...
And the only thing I could think of is play as safe as ever.
like let them come to you and try to read what the first move is
and just wait till MK make a mistake, he'll make one eventually and punish it.

LOE1

Smash Lord
thats exactly how i play mk. i dont pproach them often, and when they approach i **** em for it

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I think I'm more-or-less done with Brawl, myself. I imagine I'll play when it's around, but outside of playing with motivated people in my area or setups around other games, I don't really plan on actively making contributions to it anymore. I personally see too many fundamental problems at this point to make me care about improving.

Not to pull you guys down or anything--I hope you guys enjoy it, and I'll be here for you. I'll be pushing Project M and ****ing around with many other Brawl characters in the meantime. :p

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
Two frames, the game is ruined.

edit (I have to start finishing my posts the first time): I'd say Marth is worse, but I think that's just a personal thing.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I have problems with the approach game in general. The game revolves too heavily around abusing defensive positions, which is boring to me. Most rulesets are starting to become more conservative, and there's just less room for creativity in general. Like I've said before, the input lag delay was the final nail in the coffin for a game I've been struggling to enjoy at a high level for a while now. That just confirms that consistency with offensive tools will never be consistent in a lot of positions. Some people are okay with that. I'm not sure why you're so up in arms about my personal preferences.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
It's not exclusive to offense. I'm not "up in arms", but I find it extremely silly that this is a nail at all in a game where half of top 8 are one character and you randomly fall on your face for no reason.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Nail in the coffin implies that those things were 99% of the issue with the input delay being the last 1% that put it over the edge.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I almost never traveled anyway, and I like talking about the game in general. It'll be like nothing's ever changed! :p

BSP

Smash Legend
I have problems with the approach game in general. The game revolves too heavily around abusing defensive positions, which is boring to me. Most rulesets are starting to become more conservative, and there's just less room for creativity in general. Like I've said before, the input lag delay was the final nail in the coffin for a game I've been struggling to enjoy at a high level for a while now. That just confirms that consistency with offensive tools will never be consistent in a lot of positions. Some people are okay with that. I'm not sure why you're so up in arms about my personal preferences.
Why not just do doubles exclusively?

xzx

Smash Lord
When Smash 4 is going to be released, I will kinda quit Brawl and start giving it all to SSB4. There are many who have dropped Brawl because of lack of motivation, and I can seriously understand why: Meta Knight. Just ban him and everything will be fine. =P

No, but Brawl is too defensive and too grab based. Despite that, I still enjoy Brawl. I wanna show my Wario to the world someday.

Croi

Smash Lord
I just excited for Smash 4 so I can be right on top of, and hopefully contribute to, every step of the metagame. I showed up really late in Brawl's life and this time I want to be a part of everything.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
His method is that he doesn't whiff farts. If he gets a random powershield it's pretty much a stock loss. If you rising nair his shield it's pretty much a stock loss too.

Also, american Warios are bad except Waymas and Reflex.

:059:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Abadango always looked on point with his farts in the MK matchup. Baiting out shuttle loops, spotdodging grabs. It shows why Japanese MKs are so conservative in that matchup. ANYTHING not perfectly spaced and retreated risks death at 60-80%.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
His method is that he doesn't whiff farts. If he gets a random powershield it's pretty much a stock loss. If you rising nair his shield it's pretty much a stock loss too.

Also, american Warios are bad except Waymas and Reflex.

:059:

If you mean that none of them are near top level then sure. :happysheep:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I don't mind it that much. It was a real pain when everything hadn't been ported over yet.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
We haven't really done anything but decide what we (personally) want to change. We haven't talked to any of the other groups about their opinions on it yet.

Top Bottom