• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dirtiest Player in the Game - Wario Social Thread

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
game and watch wario is an...interesting matchup. some normal tactics wont work against him but its still not bad

watch out for that uptilt though. its a pretty **** move. not as **** as upB OOS but still :laugh:

Labernash

Smash Lord
A lot of people have had trouble with that MU recently. I forget my advice for it, but it's the same every time. If your getting juggled, slow down. If something gets you in a bad position a couple times, try something else. Try not to come down on top of him too often. Do a lot of weaving with F-Air and stuff like that. Try not to let combos be your thing here. Practice it, and it'll get easy soon enough.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Yeah that matchup is annoying solely for the fact that typical Wario tactics just get ****-blocked by GW's aerials. Like you can't just Dair into him because Nair stops that. You can't just go straight into him because Back Air or retreating Full Hop Fair does that. You just have to do a lot of waiting and remove yourself from the bad situations like getting juggled. Whoever controls the tempo of the match has the edge at the moment since both characters operate on somewhat similar planes (high aerial mobility and reliant on their air game) .

I think a lot of people also forget in this MU is that you can't get overzealous with your punishes. You'll be punishing more minor stuff and its hard to take a mile when all GW will give you is an inch if he's playing it right. Stay mobile and liquid and know when to use your ground game (this helps a bit) and just wait for those minor mistakes. GW's moves are safe-ish...but telegraphed. That's his biggest issue. Just keep that in mind.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Hey JNig, looks like you and I are in the same pool.
It appears so. Now I will study you! Good luck though. Hopefully both of us can make it out! I can tell you that Tymer is a Toon Link from Connecticut and HanZo is a Falco from New York.

Also Warios' pools (and namesearch bait):

Pool 24: ChuDat, Croi, JNig, Tymer, HanZo
Pool 30: Bloodcross, hunger, Allied, Strong Bad, 10th
Pool 35: Fatal, LEFFEN, M@v, BPOW, Luigi Sama
Pool 46: WarioMaster15 (Malcolm), [YRSF] Tin Man, Tiger, wWw Sphere, DJ Arcatek
Pool 52: TheReflexWonder, Snow Shard, typ_ex, Ori_bro, Killanator
Pool 55: San, Grimace, Pitzer, FGCU SSGuy, Juxtapoz Mupo
Pool 59: Redhalberd, SlikVik, Ishiey, Dr. Yogi, shanx678
Pool 66: MVD, Bassem, Mi]{e]{irbY, Scatz, marharba the mystic

If there's anyone I missed I'm sorry! And if anyone wants info on their pool's players, let me know.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
It appears so. Now I will study you! Good luck though. Hopefully both of us can make it out! I can tell you that Tymer is a Toon Link from Connecticut and HanZo is a Falco from New York.

Also Warios' pools (and namesearch bait):

Pool 24: ChuDat, Croi, JNig, Tymer, HanZo
Pool 30: Bloodcross, hunger, Allied, Strong Bad, 10th
Pool 35: Fatal, LEFFEN, M@v, BPOW, Luigi Sama
Pool 46: WarioMaster15 (Malcolm), [YRSF] Tin Man, Tiger, wWw Sphere, DJ Arcatek
Pool 52: TheReflexWonder, Snow Shard, typ_ex, Ori_bro, Killanator
Pool 55: San, Grimace, Pitzer, FGCU SSGuy, Juxtapoz Mupo
Pool 59: Redhalberd, SlikVik, Ishiey, Dr. Yogi, shanx678
Pool 66: MVD, Bassem, Mi]{e]{irbY, Scatz, marharba the mystic

If there's anyone I missed I'm sorry! And if anyone wants info on their pool's players, let me know.
That blows man. It's amazing how little Wario's they are and some how some way the always manage to face each other. Good luck to you guys though.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Oh yeah, but doesn't yukhoe play another character too?

Here's that pool:
Pool 63: Yukhoe, GDX, Jamnt0ast, Slarsh, Radium88

Forgot about Sky`, if he does go Wario:
Pool 76: Orion, Sky`, Zelz, Firo, Calm

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i think he also plays MK, but who doesnt :awesome:

I dont think ill be able to rock wario in singles in any of these matches guys sorry. Maybe dubs

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Yukhoe uses Wario and Peach. He teamed with Brood while training for APEX, so I'd say that he might be the highest placing Wario at this tourney. :x

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Oh ****. I didn't know JNig was coming to this. Can't wait to see you all and cheer for you all. We have to hang out and go to dinner or something.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I ended up getting pretty sick yesterday; I think it was food poisoning. I'm somewhat better now, but it's not all gone, so, I hope I'm back to normal by the time I'm in New Jersey.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Dang dude, that stinks. I hope you get better! You should be fine by then though, no worries!

How do you feel you're going to do; still confident?

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I hope I get to meet all you guys as well. <3 I've been training my Wario very intensely for Apex so I can't wait. My pool is gonna be tough but its doable. We shall see what happens ;) I wanna take a group photo of all the Wario if thats cool. I'll have my camera ready.

Shift

Smash Journeyman
I was going to go to Jersey but I couldn't miss work. It would've been the first time getting back into the smash scene since last July. But, it'll be good to get into it after this MK ban goes into effect after APEX. Game will actually be much more fun this way.

Reflex got an easy pool but Croi & JNig got it rough with Chu in their pool. I know how he's going to play because I'm his "padawan". His favorite stage to play on is Delfino, that's where he feels most comfortable and of course, he'll rush in for the 0-30% grab combo in the beginning, and then bair all day. Play safe.

But as Slik said, it's very doable because Chu has been out of practice.

ALSO... Reflex is gonna win this.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Speaking of, JNig 2-1'd Croi, got 0-2'd by Chu, and 2-0'd everyone else in his pool.

:phone:

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Ouch, so I'm guess Croi didn't make it out of R1? Too bad, I wanted to see his Wario do well. Oh well, do work Jnig! You making it out was impressive.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yeah, Chu got the 1 and JNig got the 2. They're the only ones to make it out of that pool.

Croi and JNig also agreed to use gentleman's rules.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Did Bassem make it out? I've heard no results from his pool.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Got a pool update from JNig:

JNig 2-0'd Cheese, got 0-2'd by Nietono, got 1-2'd by Orion, and has to play Wedge. Orion has to lose to Cheese and Wedge for JNig to make it out, but it's looking like Nietono 1 and Orion 2.

Reflex's pool hasn't been announced yet.

And Bassem made it out of R1. He's waiting for R2 to be announced.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Damn Jnig, good job. Your pools were very tough, and you were one game away from making it out. :X

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Reflex and Bassem in same pool. :0

There's not an official count on JNig making it out or not yet.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Great job everybody! There was a bunch of crazy stuff going on, haha!

No worries Croi, a lot of good people got ripped off in pools. You'll get 'em!

I wish Gluttony could have made it.

Is Reflex consiered best Wario in America now? He did place the highest!

Guys, just watching this stuff makes me realize how much work we, as a character, but even more so, me as a player needs. I have so much drive to get better for some reason. Leggo!

Top Bottom