• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Direct Leak from 2 Channel (Spoilers) [ANOTHER FAKE?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stado

Smash Apprentice
While the prospect of Vaati being in Brawl as a playable character is probably the best thing that could happen for me in terms of potential characters for this game, the fact that Vaati's even on that list and the fact that there's a so-called Pokemon Rival character (with Blaziken as a pokémon, no less) screams "fake" to me. I mean, there's other stuff on there that substantially reduces its credibility for me (Black Shadow, Bowser Jr., Baby Mario & Luigi?), but yeesh, how much bull**** do one of these "prophets" think the average person can take?

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
I highly highly highly highly doubt this roster. Mii's have been pretty much deconfirmed by this pic:

Though yes, Mii's are in those icons, Sakurai has been extremely extremely extremely careful not leaking any new characters or stages until he reveals them (for the most case). I doubt he would show a picture of a mii and not reveal the Mii as a PC.

Plus this is just...not believable. Sheik and Zelda a different character? Doesn't sit right... Plus Pokemon Rival definitely sounds more like a boss then a PC.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon are waaay over-represented, I'm really doubting this roster. I would love it, though, if it had Claus instead of Ness, and Megaman thrown in there as well. But honestly, this is really a bit too wtf to be legit, in my opinion.

Shishou

Smash Apprentice
That would be a godly final roster, although it lacks Knuckles....

The thing is.... Link, WW Link, Wolf Link+Midna, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, and Vaati.... That sounds like a Zelda fanboy wetdream right there.

Sukapon I don't even know why people want it. It would make a horrible character. Marth AND Roy returning is ridiculous too, he didn't even say different movesets. I don't know how I feel about Ray01 either. Baby Mario and Luigi is possible, but I doubt it.

Bowser Jr. concept sounds great though.
Takamaru sounds sweet.
Black Shadow would be too good.
Pokemon Rival would be sick, since it is essentially 3 more characters you can use in one. Plus you know, Blaziken.

Who the hell is Andy though?

courte

Smash Lord
warning; i'm aware this is not in, but this is for hypothetical discussion

i do like the concept of pokemon rival thou... i'd only hope it'd be a girl, or gary would be something cool to settle for eevee either on his shoulder in the background or in the rotation/as a rare rotation/Final Smash Eevee Parade(One eevee turns into one evolution after the other performing a multitude of attacks)

any whoo i like the concept of the rival, having Pokemon:hack:-Red-:cough:-Ash-:wheeze: trainer represent generation one with seemingly powerful characters, and someone else represent the other three with seemingly speedy characters it begs an answer to the video feature pipulp, then torchic, then no starter to tie that off... interesting

now let's just hope at least that part is true... no hagane wtf were they thinking, he beats the hell outta bomberman

Wyvernkni

Smash Cadet
I cannot, and will not believe this Roster. There are so many flaws in this statement it's almost plain as day to me.

To start off, this information is not cited. The claim that it is reliable is not backed with a source here. To take things further, it was extracted from a Japanese forum. There are two problems with this: It's Translated from Japanese, and from a forum. A forum! The fact it is a Massive forum does not do much good, it's just that much easier to spread Bull to a much larger crowd of people. I fail to see how this is a reliable source, and it does not help that there is not a hint of citation.

Secondly, with the exception of Krystal, I fail to see any other female characters. Midna barely counts, considering shes said to come with Wolf Link, making them a pair. Sakurai has stated that he wants more females, I know that for certain. This list is horribly lacking.

Thirdly, Some of these are too far out. I can live with the Rival, but believe that should, and would more likely be an Alternate costume. That strikes me as more believable then a whole new PC. Is the Andy listed here from Advance wars? I REALLY don't think that's happening. I just can't see it.

Fourth, It strikes me as too familiar, or after browsing this forum silently for a while I've seen to many of these so called "Prophets" revealing all these horribly flawed rosters. Sakurai holds the answers. Nobody else, there is no source that is more reliable then Sakurai himself, nobody comes close. Is it possible that there have been some leaks? Sure, but not the whole roster. It's not happening.

When the day comes that I am wrong, feel free to jump on me and tear me to shreds. But I cannot almost, but certainly guarantee this is NOT the roster. This isn't because Isaac isn't on there, or any other character I would like to see is not on there, but because it's not the truth, as it is advertised. Again, if I am wrong, kill me. But it's not happening.

courte

Smash Lord
andy is from advance wars... he commands soldier tanks, infantry, heavy weapons battle ships artillery etc

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
Interesting. Id be Ok with it. Especially the Mii. Cant wait to take Michael Jackson online. (if its true that is)

courte

Smash Lord
hmm 7 zelda reps a bad thing you say??
mario luigi peach bowser
geno bowser jr. paper mario

it gets ridiculous here i admit
Team baby mario

also i'd love to see all of those zelda chars, although i'm not flipping over the wolf link and midna possibility

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
I'm banking it's fake. (I don't see how Ridley would be in the game as a playable character....>_>; Boss, yes, but I'm just not seeing it you guys, it's not that he's too big or anything, but I just can't imagine him being anything but an awesome boss, that's just my opinion. Sukapon is also iffy, since Sakurai pretty much already deconfirmed him.)
But I'd be happy if it weren't.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I don't believe this at all.

Cel Sahded Link?! HELL NO. I keep saying it, there will be no Paper Mario, 8 Bit Mario, SNES Link and Samus, Cel Shaded Link and Zelda, Mario 64 or any of the other versions of characters just because they look different.

Plus the Mii is unbelieveable. Among other characters. Meh...

Blaze Zero

Smash Rookie
It looks like way too many Mario and Zelda series characters to me. Plus, some of them just don't seem like Brawl material kind of characters like Andy and the Mii. I hope it's not true, though, because I was hoping for Mega Man.

geogaither

Smash Apprentice

Cel Sahded Link?! HELL NO. I keep saying it, there will be no Paper Mario, 8 Bit Mario, SNES Link and Samus, Cel Shaded Link and Zelda, Mario 64 or any of the other versions of characters just because they look different.

Cel-shaded link and paper mario still have abilities that their modern counterparts do not which could potentially allow them to be a separate character.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LMFAO @ 2ch BEING A RELIABLE SOURCE!!!!!

LMFAO!!!! that makes me laugh. hard.

people, that's like calling 4chan reliable. god.

courte

Smash Lord

and wtf are you?? is your info to be trusted... i've been to your brawl central site and a couple of things aren't quite 100%

and characters don't get in because they "look different", they get in because they play differently and showcase the series effectively, among many more reasons

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
So all we have is this roster and nothing else? I'd wait to see movesets and other details before totally writing this off, but I doubt that stuff will come.

EDIT: Alright certain people, stop with your crap posts saying "OH IT MUSTZ BE FAKE BECUZ SO-AND-SO ONE CERTAIN CHARACTER IS ON IT".

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
noone remembers sakurai's blog

Sakurai's blog before the current Dojo went up. Sukapon was considered for SSB, but thrown out due to the impossibility of translating his legless, blob form to Smash.
Sukapon was considered for MELEE but they were unable to make him on the gamecube...

THIS IS BRAWL...on the wii

GET YOUR INFO STRAIGHT

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
I know this game is supposed to be huge and no offense to the Mario, Pokemon and Zelda franchises, but there are just way too many representatives from them.

I find it hard to believe that this is the roster. Anyone can say that these leaks have been sourced and finalized. That's total bull. Won't believe any so-called leaks until the game is released.

I advise reading these leaks just for entertainment and not as an official source.

twilightsword

Smash Rookie
I cannot, and will not believe this Roster. There are so many flaws in this statement it's almost plain as day to me.

To start off, this information is not cited. The claim that it is reliable is not backed with a source here. To take things further, it was extracted from a Japanese forum. There are two problems with this: It's Translated from Japanese, and from a forum. A forum! The fact it is a Massive forum does not do much good, it's just that much easier to spread Bull to a much larger crowd of people. I fail to see how this is a reliable source, and it does not help that there is not a hint of citation.

Secondly, with the exception of Krystal, I fail to see any other female characters. Midna barely counts, considering shes said to come with Wolf Link, making them a pair. Sakurai has stated that he wants more females, I know that for certain. This list is horribly lacking.

Thirdly, Some of these are too far out. I can live with the Rival, but believe that should, and would more likely be an Alternate costume. That strikes me as more believable then a whole new PC. Is the Andy listed here from Advance wars? I REALLY don't think that's happening. I just can't see it.

Fourth, It strikes me as too familiar, or after browsing this forum silently for a while I've seen to many of these so called "Prophets" revealing all these horribly flawed rosters. Sakurai holds the answers. Nobody else, there is no source that is more reliable then Sakurai himself, nobody comes close. Is it possible that there have been some leaks? Sure, but not the whole roster. It's not happening.

When the day comes that I am wrong, feel free to jump on me and tear me to shreds. But I cannot almost, but certainly guarantee this is NOT the roster. This isn't because Isaac isn't on there, or any other character I would like to see is not on there, but because it's not the truth, as it is advertised. Again, if I am wrong, kill me. But it's not happening.
*Claps*

I couldn't agree more. :bigthumbu

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Sukapon was considered for MELEE but they were unable to make him on the gamecube...

THIS IS BRAWL...on the wii

GET YOUR INFO STRAIGHT
And what makes you think he is capable of being made on Brawl?
Look at the specs for the wii if they couldn't make him for the gamecube they most likely will not be able to make him for Brawl.

That is the main reason I posted that.

Geos88

Smash Cadet
"Fake, because I say its fake!" - People in this thread.

No one can tell if this is real or not, no one. It may be fake, it may be real. You don't know, I don't know. I hate how people just assume its fake because a character isn't up there or there are too many reps for one series. Are you the maker of this game? They can add whoever they want. There doesn't need be a set number of reps. Like you guys are saying, wait until the game hits the consumers hands then you will know.

saif442050

Smash Apprentice
how many people are there for some reason the front page cuts off for me, stupid computer. can somebody tell me how many characters are in the roster?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
There are 53 characters.
Sheik and zss are separate characters.
That is why its fake because of ZSS.
It defeats the entire purpose of Samus' final smash because otherwise it wouldn't destroy her suit.
that and

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom