• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Direct Leak from 2 Channel (Spoilers) [ANOTHER FAKE?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not to supposrt this BS roster in anyway, but if you really read the updates, many things actually have the phrase "until now" even for returning things.
Those things all were different, UNTIL NOW...

They ALL changed

Lucas CHANGED into Ness

Gnostic

Smash Rookie
It seems that a lover of the Zelda franchise took the thought of playable Zelda characters to a very unhealthy extreme. This whole character list is just easy to believe is all. Honestly, who wouldn't want 54 playable characters?

There's a ton of reasons not to believe this list. My biggest one is no Isaac? Seems strange. >.> Maybe I'm just too hopeful. :(

Anywho, I think the real final character roster will have far fewer characters. I also think that they'll be an either completely unheard of character that will be playable (from a future franchise, or a character that will be included in a current franchise but has not yet been revealed) or perhaps even an exclusive Brawl character (like the boss of SSE maybe). Either way, the real final roster will most likely throw a curve ball that no one sees coming (like Pokemon Trainer). I really don't think that curve ball will be an overabundance of Zelda characters, Bowser Jr. with an unnecessary "Shadow Mario" transformation or a Pokemon Rival. >.>

Marie_54

Smash Ace
I don't want to read the whole thing but Mii!?

**** that!

Although i would be very happy if "Bayleef, Totodile, and Typhlosion" were the Pokemon rival's pokemon like OnyxVulpine said.

Isn't Turtwig a water pokemon? (Sorry i haven't played the new Pokemon games and i'm lost.) Then it wouldn't make sense since they also have Croconaw; a water pokemon.:ohwell:

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I like the fact that Ridley & Geno are playable :D

But Baby Mario Bros. makes little sense to me.

And YES, I think PKMN Rival is a good idea, because it showcases Pokemon from the three newer generations, without having to make a trainer for all four generations.

S2

Smash Lord
I don't think the amount of Zelda characters is that outlandish.

Melee had 4 Zelda characters (5 if your counting Sheik as her own). That's 5 out of 26 characters in Melee. Its a popular franchise.

Isaac just isn't that likely of a character. There is nothing goofy about him that leads to a extremely unique moveset (like say, Olimar). And Smash isn't going through a shortage of sword users.

I'd actually like to see him in, I'm just not holding my breath.

Basically every character on that list has a better chance of getting in (but knowing Sakurai, who knows, I wouldn't count any character out).

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
Isn't Turtwig a water pokemon? (Sorry i haven't played the new Pokemon games and i'm lost.) Then it wouldn't make sense since they also have Croconaw; a water pokemon.:ohwell:

No, he's the grass starter. The 4th gen water starter is Piplup, the already pokeball'd penguin.

Fonz

Smash Ace
Can someone point me to where Sakurai said 3rd parties had to be unlockable? I keep hearing people say that but I can't find it anywhere.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
http://www.gamespot.com/users/thealmightygoat/

Oh noes... One or both is fake...

Took my comp like 10 mins to load all of this up so I'm sure I'm late on this.

-Onyx
That guy just admitted the info he gave about a Rival Trainer being a boss was wrong. He's clearly an idiot. He's 15 years old. Why would some random 15 year old have inside information on Brawl? He probably took back what he said about Pokemon Rival being a boss because he saw this list and he didn't want to be exposed as a liar if this list turns out to be true. That kid's obviously making things up as he goes.

Mr. 3000

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm, this list seems very interesting, I quite honestly would love if this is this list. There's just a few things that throw it off. Plus, don't forget, Sakurai did say something along the lines of " We really have thought of everything!" Not saying that quote confirms this list but it's something to think about. Also, on the third party note, was it Sakurai who said something along the lines of only having just 1-2 third party characters or was it someone else?

kamekasu

Smash Ace
Can somebody post the link to the 2ch thread with this info? I might have been debunked already.

EDIT: 2ch is the largest forum in world. I'm surprised you guys haven't heard of it. The reason it is so popular is because it's absolutely anonymous. I don't personally post there, but there is a lot of information to be had there. Although there are a lot of trolls....

Master Peach

Smash Ace
In the name of God!! Let this be the offical roster!! Now I will admit There are plenty of WTF characters to doubt if this roster is actually real or not, but still this roster is kick ***. The only 2 character I would want to include in this roster would be Sora and Wolf O'Donell. But even though they are not in the roster I still really like this Roster. Please let this be true. :p

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Also, on the third party note, was it Sakurai who said something along the lines of only having just 1-2 third party characters or was it someone else?
That was Sakurai. He said that there would be 1-2 more 3rd party characters besides Snake. Maybe he already knew at that time he was going to add Sonic and Geno, so he said 1-2 instead of just saying 2 because some people debate over whether or not Geno should be considered 2rd party or not.

Mr. 3000

Smash Journeyman
animal crosser might be referring to the person who takes care of the animals, who knows?

Hmmm, you have a point there. I hope Geno's in. Even though everyone I wanted in the game is in the starting roster, it will be good to get someone from Mario's 1st RPG game.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
This is an interesting list, but there are a lot of things I'm skeptical about, such as ZSS being a full-on unlockable.
Then again, this is Nintendo we're talking about, so we just never know.

Talking Curtain

Smash Cadet
I thing to note about the amount of characters given by this is list is interesting too. Some people think 54 characters is too many? Why? The first game had 12 characters, which was more than doubled to make 25 in Melee. Double it again and add a few and you have a plausible 54.
Sounds nice an OCD to me ^_^

Mr. 3000

Smash Journeyman
True, however Sakurai always acts like he won't be able to get a good night's sleep unless he twists his words or does exactly what you think he wont do.

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
This would be so awesome in some many ways if true. And I want this to be true. I doo. But I guess if a true 100% Leak straight from the japanese copy comes out, I think I'd avoid it, that article sort of swayed me OR I might buckle and see. Only time will tell.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
Considering it's coming out of 2chan, it's most likely fake. Don't get your hopes up at all. Why would the OP think that 2ch is a reliable source?

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
chibi-robo, megaman, viewtiful joe, imajin, and paper mario away from being my perfect world roster.

still not sure if its real though. man, i wish prima would just release the guide.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Way too many Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon characters, and it doesn't end there....

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I don't buy it, but I wouldn't mind if it was true.

I doubt it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom