• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dining Philosophers Mafia! Game Over - Who Won???

Known Mafia

Smash Apprentice
Yes, mainly because diverting attention from the impending deadline and focusing it on mechanics is about the easiest way to ensure Tac lynch goes through, especially without having to advocate Tac lynch more.
This is what makes me want to take a harder look at soup. Hando said that the idea itself looks protown on the surface in an "I wanna use mechanics to help town" kind of way, but that it actually hurts more then it helps.

They didn't (and don't) seem to have scum motive behind them. I harp about how "scumtells" are just manifestations of scum motive/intent, and this is why. Why would he push you for being sick? Why do any of the things he's doing? The RPish posts do nothing but attract attention and wonder, the weird claim method he just did doesn't make any sense as Scum, nor does claiming vanilla under lynch threat in a presumably PR heavy game. Nothing about his play seems scummy to me; the seemingly universal agreement on him being scummy does not sit well with me. I think he's Town.
who's the lynch then? You won't be able to swing soup.

"I thought TBG's content was good, but I'm just going to establish suspicion in case I want to wagon him later."

No.

What 'not easy' points could I have "jumped" Soup with? He, uh, stuff? I don't think such points exist.
The idea is the one thing that soup's said that everyone slammed him for. Thus, it's an easy thing to jump on him for. If you had gone back through his posts and pointed out scum intention in other things he had said, then I would be more okay with it.

What's the scum intent of me announcing I have no reads unprovoked?
This is a good reason for why I'm townreading kantrip tbh.
Might post up something mechanics wise for everyone to think on overnight.

Known Mafia

Smash Apprentice
Also Kantrip: would you be okay with switching to TBG if we can't get Tac? Doubting my scumread on him.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I got class, deadline in 8 hours, someone hammer.

Vote: Tac

only viable lynch if I counted the votes right since TBG is at L-3.

Known Mafia

Smash Apprentice
ok so hando never got back o me on this so i'm gonna post it and you guys can stew on it.
The mafia kill follows the same rules, but those sneaking bad guys are known for trading forks under the table! if two of them are alive you won't be able to stop them making a kill this way. (The passing of forks happens before any Night actions (i.e Roleblocking) occurs
now then, this rule basically confirms in my opinion that Mafia are not seated next to each other. If they were, they would not need to be able to slide forks because they could know when one was picking up a fork or not.
Now that said, this means a scum flip clears the two players seated next to each other. This means that my slot being scum(it isn't) would clear tac and soup since they are next to me.
with that in mind, the possible scumteams are
Tac/Soup
Tac/TBG
Tac/Kantrip(replaced KWK which was a kantrip/sokr hydra)
tac/killstic(replaced by acrostic who is killstic's other account)
tac/dabuz
tac/masq
Soup/RR
Soup/Kantrip
Soup/Dabuz
Soup/Acro
Soup/masq
TBG acro
TBG Dabuz
TBG Masq
TBg/RR
Kantrip Dabuz
Kantrip Masq
Kantrip RR
Acro Masq
Acro RR
I think that's it, fill in any I missed. Easy enough for you guys to put my name in.
Then you take out your town reads.
In my case this leaves
Tac/Soup
Tac/TBG
tac/masq
Soup/RR
Soup/masq
TBG Masq
TBG/RR
as the only possible teams.
thoughts/critiques/whatever when you get to it.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Votecount 1.4X
with 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

dabuz [0]
Known Mafia [1] - Acrostic
Potassium [0]
Masquerain [0]
Acrostic [0]
TBG [1] - Tac
Red Ryu [0]
Tac [5] - soup, dabuz, Potassium, Red Ryu, Known Mafia
soup [1] - TBG

a lynch has been reached! It is now twilight.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Someone put their elbows on the table! What bad manners indeed; we better do something about that, eh?
~Tac~ has been lynched!

"Let us suppose, then, that we are dreaming, and that all these particulars... are merely illusions;
Meditations on First Philosophy

René Descartes, Town Sleepwalker won't be dreaming anymore... Certainly not with that fork stuck irrevocably in his throat

It is now Night 1! No more posting!

Night 1 ends 10PM GMT, 8th March. Send in your actions!

@Mod: Since Tac was next to me does that mean his fork is gone/there, or am I considered sitting next to Soup?
The number of forks always equals the number of players. Since Tac has been lynched, one less fork exists and for the purposes of Night Actions you and soup are now adjacent and there is still only one fork between you two

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
CORRECTION:

The number of forks always equals the number of players. Since Tac has been lynched, one less fork exists and for the purposes of Night Actions you and soup are now adjacent and there is still only one fork between you two
you (RR) and Known Mafia are now adjacent. new picture incoming

X1-12

Smash Champion
All this talk of forks, and then you end up being knifed in the back!

Acrostic has died in the night!

"Act as if the maxim of thy action were to become by thy will a universal law of nature."
Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals

Immanuel Kant, Town Roleblocker won't be stopping any more actions... or taking any more actions!

Day 2 begins!
With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!

Votecount 2.0;

dabuz [0]
Known Mafia [0]
Potassium [0]
Masquerain [0]
TBG [0]
Red Ryu [0]
soup [0]

Not voting [7] - all y'all

Deadline 11.59PM GMT Friday 15th March!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
What a ******** kill. Thanks scum for telling us you were on the wagon yesterday.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Uhh, I guess I'll be catching up tomorrow. Just got home from Jazz Band so not tonight.

Anything anyone wants to ask me specifically so I can respond to it after I read? :p.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I'm lazy and don't feel like quote boxing, these are things I didn't get back in time to say before Day 1 ended.

Ryu's 200 bothers me because he votes Potassium without providing a reason, and this late in the deadline, it looks like he isn't trying with the vote. He's been super jumpy with his votes, trying to force a TBG lynch before the deadline was moved yet his justification was inactivity, which could be applied to other players for more easily. Masqeruin comes to mind. The reasoning for Potassium in his 202 looks reasonable to me, but I find it ironic because RR himself has been asking safe questions and not committing. However, RR's analysis tells me he's been reading the game and I suspect he's trying to lurk. Too much passiveness.

@TBG (This is in response to your 230): Voting on Soup for his PR plan is an “easy” thing to dislike and justify a vote for, I think that's what ~Tac~ was trying to get across with the “easy” part. TBG is working under the assumption that Soup is scum and is working backwards to justify it by claiming reasons that SoupScum must be approaching the game, specifically by diverting the game, instead of looking at the motive from a neutral vision. While I don't think this is inherently scummy, it looks like bad play to me. His reasoning for why ~Tac~ was town up to the specified point is alright with me, but why wait until NOW to explain it in depth when with a solid town read like that, explaining it earlier could have prevented a lynch, but TBG laid back and twiddled his thumbs. I didn't skim but my memory is bad and oftentimes things I don't write in my notes get forgotten, hence this. But I still stand by I don't think there's enough justification on the table to conclude that Soup's motive was to divert town attention this game.

@Soup: How do you come to the conclusion that scum was on the wagon?

TBG

Smash Cadet
@TBG (This is in response to your 230): Voting on Soup for his PR plan is an “easy” thing to dislike and justify a vote for, I think that's what ~Tac~ was trying to get across with the “easy” part. TBG is working under the assumption that Soup is scum and is working backwards to justify it by claiming reasons that SoupScum must be approaching the game, specifically by diverting the game, instead of looking at the motive from a neutral vision.

Except that I've stated at least twice now that the primary reasoning for my vote on him was about the timing of talk, not the content. (although the content is a minor bonus) I've personally been chastised for talking about mechanics instead of lynches in other games, and I've done it as Scum to specifically get the talk off of the players.

I've not working under the assumption Soup is Scum. I was working under "What would I do in _____s slot if I were Scum?". For Soup, that hypothetical and his actual play lined right up, hence the suspicion and vote.

While I don't think this is inherently scummy, it looks like bad play to me. His reasoning for why ~Tac~ was town up to the specified point is alright with me, but why wait until NOW to explain it in depth when with a solid town read like that, explaining it earlier could have prevented a lynch, but TBG laid back and twiddled his thumbs. I didn't skim but my memory is bad and oftentimes things I don't write in my notes get forgotten, hence this. But I still stand by I don't think there's enough justification on the table to conclude that Soup's motive was to divert town attention this game.

I believe I did.

Tac's vote and subsequent unvote on Dabuz read Town to me, largely due to the reasoning behind them.
I didn't go into exhaustive detail, but a lot of the other things he did to make me strongly townread him on intent happened later.

Replies to some D1 stuff inc.

TBG

Smash Cadet
Also I find it funny that you think I'm scummy for saying I have no reads because it could be a way to avoid flying under the radar, and yet you're ignoring all the players that ARE flying under the radar.
Self-callouts are always a little bit iffy for me since it was generally a scum thing to do where I'm from.

TBG your #230 is all nullified if you actually read back.
Bull. Pull quotes.

Okay well that wasn't my intention and I feel like this is proven by the fact that, also unprovoked, I went and outlined a full reads list. And this reads list wasn't even a "catering to what the rest of town thinks" kind of thing.
TBG could you share a full reads list?
Eh, I suppose you do get townpoints for that.

1. dabuz - Town
2. Known Mafia (Orboknown/Handorin) - Scummy
3. Kantrip - Null
4. -Masquerain- - Null
7. Red Ryu - Scummy. I just read over the points Dabuz brought up. I don't really see the problem with his #200, but I agree about his #202's hypocrisy, and his weird attempt to divert the impending lynch onto me. (although I'm obv. biased on the second point)
9. soup - Scummy

I feel like I probably shouldn't be scumreading half of the other players, but I do, so w/e.

Kantrip

Kantplay
soup wanna lynch dabuz?

Red Ryu why were we at each other's throats again?

TBG can me and Red Ryu be a scumteam? Probability level?

Known Mafia where do we go from here?

dabuz is TBG scum? How about Known Mafia? Anything to suggest them being (or not being) a team together?

Masquerain I don't want to ask you for something in specific because I want everything from you. Full reads, thoughts on the lynch, the whole shabang. Thanks.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Also TBG go into your soup scum read more. I want something that is unrelated to his "mass roleblock plan".

Known Mafia

Smash Apprentice
What a ******** kill. Thanks scum for telling us you were on the wagon yesterday.
Who's the scum IYO?
vote: Potassium

Let's do this dance and number.
Let's not and say we did. who else is scum?
Known Mafia where do we go from here?
One of soup, TBG, or RR imo. not as sure on RR or TBG, but soup's off to me. quotes to explain it might come before work.
@Everyone-look at 248. Are there any holes in it?

Known Mafia

Smash Apprentice
Soup/RR
Soup/masq
TBG Masq
TBG/RR These are the possible scumteams IMO with mechanical clearing and taking out Dabuz and kantrip as my town reads.

Known Mafia

Smash Apprentice
also soup's username having a special S makes it a pain to put in the search box to iso him.

TBG

Smash Cadet
TBG can me and Red Ryu be a scumteam? Probability level?
I don't see why not. I'd say decently high, since he's a scum read and you're a null read.

Also TBG go into your soup scum read more. I want something that is unrelated to his "mass roleblock plan".
The main reason I'm suspicious of him is not because he suggested a "mass roleblock plan". His plan could've been a shining example of Town strategy, and I'd still hate the timing. It was indirectly forcing a Tac lynch, without Soup having to stick his neck out further. His responsibility for that lynch is something else against him for me.

For anything more, an iso is probably incoming later tonight.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm lazy and don't feel like quote boxing, these are things I didn't get back in time to say before Day 1 ended.

Ryu's 200 bothers me because he votes Potassium without providing a reason, and this late in the deadline, it looks like he isn't trying with the vote. He's been super jumpy with his votes, trying to force a TBG lynch before the deadline was moved yet his justification was inactivity, which could be applied to other players for more easily. Masqeruin comes to mind. The reasoning for Potassium in his 202 looks reasonable to me, but I find it ironic because RR himself has been asking safe questions and not committing. However, RR's analysis tells me he's been reading the game and I suspect he's trying to lurk. Too much passiveness.

@TBG (This is in response to your 230): Voting on Soup for his PR plan is an “easy” thing to dislike and justify a vote for, I think that's what ~Tac~ was trying to get across with the “easy” part. TBG is working under the assumption that Soup is scum and is working backwards to justify it by claiming reasons that SoupScum must be approaching the game, specifically by diverting the game, instead of looking at the motive from a neutral vision. While I don't think this is inherently scummy, it looks like bad play to me. His reasoning for why ~Tac~ was town up to the specified point is alright with me, but why wait until NOW to explain it in depth when with a solid town read like that, explaining it earlier could have prevented a lynch, but TBG laid back and twiddled his thumbs. I didn't skim but my memory is bad and oftentimes things I don't write in my notes get forgotten, hence this. But I still stand by I don't think there's enough justification on the table to conclude that Soup's motive was to divert town attention this game.

Joey is notorious for band practice johns, I know because he's told me in hydra's before, plus I've seen him give his A game at times even with that. I have confidence in him.

I did not want a Tac lynch considering I found town tells in his posts over scum, even more so when he admitted he never played mafia before.

TBG was the better lynch to me, he gave something and from reading games that do not exist his activity was semi alarming.

As for activity, well...I got mid terms soon. And been focused on catching up on school.

Anyways when I get done with a going out dinner, and hopefully not too loopy coming back, I will show my case on Kantrip, another on TBG. aka my second pick right now.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Yeeah I'm taking a break. Will start again later tonight or tomorrow.

Here's what I have so far:

Starting from the beginning of the game, since my thoughts have 180'd since then:

KWK v Soup gives me bad vibes. Soup didn't just get aggravated, he got downright defensive. It looks like he's trying to paint Kantrip's slot as scummy just because the slot was curious about Soup's ideals? He also over-reacted, stating that his whole tactic was ruined just because KWK commented. Not a fan of Soup from this.

Not sure why KWK's actions clear him as town. He asked Soup a question and tried to get a read on him. The game was almost implied that there are none (or very few) power roles, so scum needs to get reads as well.

Not a fan of Tac's play prior to Ryu's questions. What he says about Soup and his aggression is really odd (although it comes across as joking), and his Dabuz vote is very odd since Dabuz only had one post at the time o_o.

"Why do you feel that using the question method is best for you? What do you get out of it that you wouldn't normally get with a regular approach?" What was the purpose of asking that, Soup? It seems like a completely pointless question to me o_O.

I agree with Kantrip completely, although I still don't see how his actions would have negated Soup's if Soup wouldn't have over reacted. Liking Kantrip from his 55.

I feel that Dabuz over-reacted to Tac instead of figuring out what he misread. Not sure if this was just for pressure or if Dabuz was just getting hyper-defensive. Not a fan of Dabuz, either.

Soup (in his 74) and Dabuz (in his 72) seemed to ignore the fact that Tac could have tried to pressure someone, the exact same thing that Soup tried to do to Tac himself. Thoughts on this?

Yeah, unintentional makes way more sense. Makes me feel better about Tac.

Wow. Correct me if I'm wrong Ryu/anyone else that plays mafia now-a-days, but Soup going that hard into Tac for what seems like nothing looks weird o_O.

Acrostic is my hero <3.

At this point, it just seems like Tac was put to death for not realizing the fact that he mis-read. Dabuz rode this for days. Correcting his 69 in 92 was just a stupid way of making the mislynch stronger.

Kantrip, why did you back off of TBG so easily for Red Ryu when you were previously pushing his lynch? o_O.

Acro v Soup reveals that Soup's idea of everyone taking the fork is 1) completely pointless to talk about, and 2) stupid. Why would he suggest it if he already knew these things?

Don't like TBG's vote on Soup at all. Seems BS'd and it looks like an easy way to fake-contribute to the game.

So far my reads are as follows. They're probably not very likely to change unless something (very) major happened that I missed.

Scum: Soup, Dabuz

Scum Lean: TBG

Null: Ryu, Known Mafia

Town: Kantrip.

I need to get more info from Ryu/Known Mafia. Hopefully the last 2.5 pages will give me that info! :D.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I thought spoiler tags created a box thingy... ;_;. Noooo~

How do I create a box thingy? :(.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
dabuz is TBG scum? How about Known Mafia? Anything to suggest them being (or not being) a team together?
Regarding TBG, I don't like his play for reasons I've stated, I think he could have been more aggressive in his approach regarding stopping the ~Tac~ lynch since he had a strong enough read on ~Tac~. While i'm a bit iffy on his approach to Soup, I feel more comfortable with how he backed up the reasoning after all the questioning. The key thing for me is his slot gives me a scumlean read and I NEED to see him being more aggressive today and trying to do something with his reads, particularly his scum reads, or he can go.

I hate to say this on Day 2, but Known Mafia is null to me.

Red Ryu's 270 is not a satisfactory response at all and those cases need to come out.

Vote: Red Ryu
Also, Soup, explain how you came to the conclusion that scum was on the ~Tac~ wagon ASAP.

Known Mafia

Smash Apprentice
We have a mislynch today. Tomorrow is lylo if we lynch today. If we don't lynch today, it's mylo. Keep this in mind, guys.

TBG was the better lynch to me, he gave something and from reading games that do not exist his activity was semi alarming.
I'm not quite understanding the bolded part.
Are you proposing a tbg/potassium team?
I still don't understand your qualm with potassium. Are you made of water or something?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
@mod I might need to replace. Don't hesitate if my activity falters.

Kantrip

Kantplay
@Known Mafia: Do you think Red Ryu is scum? Do you think he is scum with TBG and distancing by spouting about how TBG is the better lynch without having pushed for it?

@Red Ryu: My question to you wasn't a joke. Why are we at each other's throats? Do you even remember what you originally voted me for? Why are you clinging to a scumread on me?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Votecount 2.1;
With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!

dabuz [0]
Known Mafia [0]
Potassium [1] - Red Ryu
Masquerain [0]
TBG [0]
Red Ryu [1] - dabuz
soup [0]

Not voting [5] -Known Mafia, Potassium, Masquerain, TBG, soup

Day 2 ends 11.59PM GMT Friday 15th March.

TBG

Smash Cadet
Prod dodgery, spent 7 hours on an FRC bot today, no energy left. (it can almost 30 point climb!)

Top Bottom