• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dining Philosophers Mafia! Game Over - Who Won???

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
dabuz, that's assuming soup would let it get to him + 2 players not on the Tac lynch. You have to realize that scum picks who they Night Kill and would obviously avoid doing that..
Yes, but you were under the assumption that we would hit a scumflip. Leaving 1 scum, scum cannot use a NK without two forks, so if EVERYONE picks up their fork, scum can never have two forks, leaving them with no NKs.

Kantrip

Kantplay
He said he took a census and discovered there were 2 scum on the Tac wagon.

That is what census taker does, and saying that very strongly indicates he successfully got his action off.

He is scum

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah, RR's voting pattern here is super fishy.

Now Soup, tell me, what could the pro town benefit of that gambit been? I'm truthfully unable to figure it out, while the pro-scum reason for the gambit is painfully obvious because you "clear" yourself and set up mislynches.

Looking at page 4 (40 PP) made me see something very interesting.

The conversation here just...ends, it's a bit fishy since it looked like Soup was going to push RR here for that vote. This could be ignored as a null by itself, but on the same page, Soup PUSHES (note, not scumreads, pushes) Potassium for the same reason RR made his vote on TBG, inactivity.

Potassium votes TBG for inactivity? Get's pushed.
RR votes TBG for inactivity at the same time? Ignored.

This is hugely inconsistent.

Combined with the terrible gambit from Soup, I think he's scum and has responses with RR that make the RR/ Soup scumteam plausible.

Also, looks like I need to turn back "hidden mode", guessing board update turned that off.
This post says you think it's a RR/soup scumteam.

Then I come out with points that SHOULD solidify this, and you begin to cast doubt on my points. A RR/soup scumteam would fulfill what I'm saying though, so I'm very confused.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Yes, we both agree he lied his ass off with the gambit. We both agree claiming census taker was a way for scum to secure the win.

I'm just being nitpicky and pointing out a flaw in the instance you created where we lynch Soup's scummate because by lynching Soup's scummate (who I think is RR), he screws up the game for himself. From more recent posts, It looks like Soup's plan was to divert a lynch from RR which would play into his plan and give scum the win.

I agree with every other point you said 100% and once again, it's me being nitpicky on noticing the flaw in that specific scenario you presented.

Since to me it doesn't matter who dies first out of RR/ Soup

unvote
Vote: Soup

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
You're overtthinking this and it's laughable, potassium. It's clear that what was said was indeed a gambit, and your need to point out a rolefish is like someone trying to point out someone lurking. Your point? I haven't read your post, I just want you to know that it's hilarious and your logic like this is the reason we will lose this game. Ignoring the mechanics set in front of us would be foolish and Known Mafia willingly stated that he had an action. What's the point of hiding if you have an action or not? Give me one solid reason, just one. Rolefishing doesn't count because you're implying I can somehow use this information to my benefit, and if you really think it's a ingenious play for me as scum to openly ask these things and expect people to play along and give me everything I need, you're either ignorant or a ****ing moron.​

#HBC | ѕoup

Oh no! Someone is taking initiative and asking things! He must be scum. Town does absolutely nothing and just waits for **** to be handed to them. Content? Reads? No, screw that. Let's lynch the guy trying to do something.

Am I mad? A little. Amused would be a better word to put it.

#HBC | ѕoup

Census taker a way for scum to take a win? Really? You think I planned that out and thought it was a good idea, when I damn well know that if my action went through it meant something else or that I was blatantly lying and Known Mafia could call me out. You think I wanna be lynched like that? No, I'm not afraid to be like this If I feel it will help in the long-run. What did I gain out of all that? A town-read on Known Mafia, among many other things that I guess I'll have to explain.

#HBC | ѕoup

Why should everyone out if they used an action or not? You realize you can only take forks situated directly beside you right? If the fork directly to your left is taken, there are no other forks for you to grab.
Because it doesn't hurt anything? You're not specifically claiming your role, you're just stating if you attempted to use an action. Then it becomes guess and check because obviously the person next to you will know if you're bull****ting or not. This only leads to fruitful discussion and things to pursue about. How is this a bad thing? Why ignore this mechanic? We're one lynch away from a mylo/lylo. What are you gonna do then?

The rest of your post is dumb garbage not worth talking about. Dabuz, your vote is just as bad.

#HBC | ѕoup

Now Soup, tell me, what could the pro town benefit of that gambit been? I'm truthfully unable to figure it out, while the pro-scum reason for the gambit is painfully obvious because you "clear" yourself and set up mislynches.

Looking at page 4 (40 PP) made me see something very interesting.
- Game was slow.
- It garners reactions.
- It got me what I wanted.

How are these not 'pro-town' reasons? Is it not in my pro-town duties to hunt scum, in any form necessary? That might be doing things you might not agree with, that might be doing things you don't understand, but that's implying that you don't think I'm doing it without a purpose. Clearly, you think my purpose is for scum and I have to show you why you're dead wrong.

"Set up mislynches."

How? How am I going to do this in this game, where I can easily be proven wrong just like I did? You think I would take that risk, and put myself in the spotlight? Kantrip thinking my partner was on the wagon LMAO holy ****ing **** I died when I read that.

The conversation here just...ends, it's a bit fishy since it looked like Soup was going to push RR here for that vote. This could be ignored as a null by itself, but on the same page, Soup PUSHES (note, not scumreads, pushes) Potassium for the same reason RR made his vote on TBG, inactivity.

Potassium votes TBG for inactivity? Get's pushed.
RR votes TBG for inactivity at the same time? Ignored.

This is hugely inconsistent.
Potassium and RR are different players. I do not treat Potassium like I would RR. I know Potassium well enough and feel that pressuring him and grilling him will help me understand him better, and get a more solid read on him. I don't RR that way because I feel that I can RR just fine based on what he posts, and it might be a shocker to you but I don't really like RR. In fact, I think he's scum. Let me get to that in a moment.

#HBC | ѕoup

I think RR is scum for many reasons. His reaction to Potassium is not genuine in the slightest, which I pointed out for a reason. The sudden call to dismiss anything Potassium had going with a silly reaction image was off-setting. However, I'm dismayed by the notion that Potassium throws a vote up like so over it. I don't think that's what is most telling for me, and this is not a case on specific posts rather overall play.

My first dislike of him came with his question post. This is something RR likes to do as either a PR or Town. It's something notable and something that would be recognized with his town-meta, however RR forgot that doing things that go to your town meta does not mean you're town. There is an inconsistency with this all and he does not follow up on anything, nor use it for any purpose. When he makes those questions, I'm more expectant for him to actually do something with them, instead they were filler and RR felt the need to just toss them aside. This attitude is rather potent throughout the game, as RR does indeed try to do things, but the conclusions met and why he did them are non-existent.

Look at this post.

TBG is fine candidate for a lynch right now based on activity and for Tac's case I can't read him on what he posted so far and if he doesn't give me past game reference I don't think I can. Tac isn't really useful, but if I can get some info on past games, it can at least help my read on him.
He believes TBG is a fine lynch. Can anyone here tell me why he thinks that is? No? Going once? Twice? Let's look at the other instance he mentioned TBG.

You went for an answer instead of just a null to my question, shows lack of fear to be seen and noticed. Very small tell, and doesn't work with some players, but it's something I use in pregame, nowadays, to get started on my readlist.

TBG did the same thing so I liked the response a bit.
Where did RR change his mind about all this? What did TBG do to warrant his vote suddenly? You might think there's something inbetween here, but there isn't. The post above comes right after the post below. There is no reason for anything. This is not something I expect of town. This is not something I expect of Red Ryu. Suddenly, RR drops off the face of the earth again...Only to come back with another vote.

I'm not a fan of lynching Tac right now. He is at least showing effort while being honest, new scum don't do that. Town does. Before not enough info, now reading his more recent posts give me that impression. His posts aren't great mind you but the effort seems legit.

vote: Potassium
Where is the reason? Do you see the reason? Do you see the reason to change votes? No!? Me neither!! I guess we can both conclude that either Red Ryu forgot how to play mafia, or he's shifting his vote and suspicion around as a primal effort to seem like he's doing something. Funny thing about that is you have to actually do something in order for that to work.

He does provide reasoning, but only prodded by Known Mafia.

He's not commiting or attempting to commit on anything. He's been fishing for reactions and other players reads before he says anything himself and yet still remains uncommital when he actually takes about his "Gambit" reads.

He's trying to fish for safe stances while not pushing for anything himself.
Why not just say this in the goddamn first place? Congrats on doing your homework. Let's see how this turns out!!

I got class, deadline in 8 hours, someone hammer.

Vote: Tac

only viable lynch if I counted the votes right since TBG is at L-3.
We're back to TBG again? Why? Why? I thought we wanted Potassium?

vote: Potassium

Let's do this dance and number.
Oh. There we are! Jee, I wonder what RR learned to get back on this vote. Let me guess: nothing. Do you see my point or do I need to drag this on further than I need to? I have to say that re-reading and looking back I am questioning myself on Kantplay especially after that horrid post about me, but I have bigger fish to fry.

Vote: Red Ryu

Thanks for waiting.

#HBC | ѕoup

Granted, this game's activity is not great and all, but it doesn't excuse anything. You're all sincerely making me angry everytime I have to try and do something to get this game going, and ****ing take the goddamn wheel to ensure something gets done.

I'm not happy.

#HBC | ѕoup

lmao AtE

god you're such a bad player hahahaha please tell me how AtE is a factor at all

#HBC | ѕoup

'im angry and here are my reasons to be angry"

LOL ATE MORE SCUM LOOK AT THIS SCUM ATE HAHA HE'S DESPERATE ALIRGHT

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh no! Someone is taking initiative and asking things! He must be scum. Town does absolutely nothing and just waits for **** to be handed to them. Content? Reads? No, screw that. Let's lynch the guy trying to do something.

Am I mad? A little. Amused would be a better word to put it.
When was you asking questions a problem?

This AtE is a problem. You being buttfrustrated is funny. You should claim the info you want to get out of people. Do you have an action you can use? Did you try to use it? Did you use it succesfully? These are all questions you lied in order to glean from other people. What purpose did claiming census taker have over just explaining the benefits of outing if you have an action? Explain what that gambit was supposed to help with and then claim, good sir.

#HBC | ѕoup

If I claimed that info, that would allow people to be more susceptible and react accordingly. The whole point of a reaction test is just that. A reaction test. It's not like I rely on it, but certainly when I check this thread for the umpteenth time, I should expect for **** to be answered instead of literally dragging it out of people. You think I like doing this? You think I like getting angry? No.

Kantrip

Kantplay
So wait, you were trying to get people to claim if they have an action, or you were trying to get a read on Known Mafia?

Kantrip

Kantplay
And what's with you thinking you could grab Red Ryu's fork? You gonna tell me that blatant misconstruing of the game's rules was a reaction test too?

#HBC | ѕoup

...When the **** did I say I could grab RR's fork? I said if Known Mafia's action is successful, then that means RR took no action. However, That's implying that RR didn't get blocked himself or the alike, and the common fork rule doesn't apply for scum. And yes, I want people to claim if they tried to use an action or not. There will be no need to lie about it and catching people in a lie about will prove useful.

#HBC | ѕoup

EBWOP: Known Mafia's action also failed apparently. Something to note too.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh I see, you thought Known Mafia's action worked.

I was confused about your whole "Red Ryu didn't use an action" thing. I thought you were trying to imply you somehow got his fork since Known Mafia claimed his action failed.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Known Mafia should claim what action they've taken.

My read list has changed as follows from the previous list:

Scum: Soup, Dabuz

Neutral: Red Ryu

Null (No idea/Can't remember): TBG

Town: Kantrip, Known Mafia

Reasoning is outdated at this point. I probably need to reconsider Dabuz.

I'd vote Soup over Known Mafia. However, I would like Known Mafia to claim if they used an action and if it was successful or not.

I don't have the mechanics memorized, and I don't remember it saying anything about this, but does the scum kill pick up a fork at all? Do both mafia players pick up a fork when making a kill or just one of them? Should probably read over the rules, but I gotta get my touhoumon run farther D:.

Assuming that Known Mafia is telling the truth, I don't see any negative side effects to losing Soup. If he's lying, he's scum or really stupid :v. If he's telling the truth, then we've narrowed down our list of candidates for scummies pretty quickly.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
...Oh.

Well, there goes my whole point.

I thought Soup took a census and learned that two scum were on Acro's wagon...? >_<. Gahh nevermind I gotta think this over more. Ignore all of the Known Mafia v Soup stuff T_T.

Did Red Ryu claim if he took an action or not? o-o.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
...Oh.

I thought Soup took a census and learned that two scum were on Acro's wagon...? >_<. Gahh nevermind I gotta think this over more. Ignore all of the Known Mafia v Soup stuff T_T.

Soup stating that was a gambit. Get your head on the now, read over the last page focusing on Soup's claim, the interactions between Soup and everyone, and the current RR case.

Kantrip

Kantplay
soup can we lynch dabuz instead?

I think I asked this already and you ignored it. Lookit the opportunism

#HBC | ѕoup

Tell me your plan if Dabuz is Scum. Tell me your plan if he isn't. The same thing goes for RR.

Kantrip

Kantplay
soup I'm asking you.

I'll answer your questions after you tell me if you'd be down for lynching dabuz, prior to my convincing.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Votecount 2.2;
With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!

dabuz [0]
Known Mafia [0]
Potassium [1] - Red Ryu
Masquerain [0]
TBG [0]
Red Ryu [1] - soup
soup [2] - Potassium, dabuz

Not voting [3] -Known Mafia, Masquerain, TBG

Day 2 ends 11.59PM GMT Friday 15th March

my philosophy; be nice!

/karryu

TBG

Smash Cadet
Known Mafia should claim what action they've taken.

My read list has changed as follows from the previous list:

Scum: Soup, Dabuz

Neutral: Red Ryu

Null (No idea/Can't remember): TBG

Town: Kantrip, Known Mafia

Reasoning is outdated at this point. I probably need to reconsider Dabuz.

I'd vote Soup over Known Mafia. However, I would like Known Mafia to claim if they used an action and if it was successful or not.

I don't have the mechanics memorized, and I don't remember it saying anything about this, but does the scum kill pick up a fork at all? Do both mafia players pick up a fork when making a kill or just one of them? Should probably read over the rules, but I gotta get my touhoumon run farther D:.

Assuming that Known Mafia is telling the truth, I don't see any negative side effects to losing Soup. If he's lying, he's scum or really stupid :v. If he's telling the truth, then we've narrowed down our list of candidates for scummies pretty quickly.
...Oh.

Because we totally lynched Acro and because KM didn't already claim that?.... Are you even reading?

@TBG: Can you claim to have not been able to use a power last Night?
@Known mafia: Can you claim to have not tried to use a power last night?

@Soup: How do I know that this isn't a gambit? =_=
I can't, although I didn't attempt to use one.

Soup's wall on RR looks good, and I read KM townier from the KM/Soup exchange. Will think about which of Soup/RR I want to swing when I'm more awake tomorrow, but atm I'm fine either way.

@Soup: Why gambit instead of traditional VCA and scumhunting?

#HBC | ѕoup

@Soup: Why gambit instead of traditional VCA and scumhunting?
Because nobody was doing jack, and I wanted to test Known Mafia anyway.

#HBC | ѕoup

soup I'm asking you.

I'll answer your questions after you tell me if you'd be down for lynching dabuz, prior to my convincing.
I think he's a fine lynch also. Something I noticed is that he has not taken initiative to vote someone on his own accord, instead waiting for someone else to do it. It's actually pretty clear, and he's done it for ~Tac~, and more recently me. This kind of voting pattern is already pretty bad in itself but I think I can look further into what he's saying if I need to. I'm curious though, what got you tipped off on Dabuz yourself? You even openly asked me if we could lynch him. Something I don't understand is how you went from that to think that awful idea that I was somehow fake-claiming and RR was my partner or something. Clear up some things for me.

TBG, I'd appreciate your opinion on all this too.

Top Bottom