• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dining Philosophers Mafia! Game Over - Who Won???

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Dabuz, you came into this day prepared to push on Red Ryu, did you not? You even happened to point out what you disliked about him, but then you kinda just let it sit for a while and it's really gotten um...stale.

That's a pretty good way to put it, and I don't understand your incentive to point something out and then do nothing with your vote. What were you waiting for? Why are you still on me despite me voting Red Ryu currently? You think I'm scum with him? The interaction between you and Kantrip doesn't tell me you've put much thought into this, because you suddenly come to the same conclusion like your eyes have been opened to something that you can't even bother to explain. It's more of a cop-out if anything, just nodding your head and agreeing what bull**** might get you to look good.

Let's talk Scum picks. Let's talk partners. Let's talk voting.

#HBC | ѕoup

Dabuz, you actually did vote earlier on. Hmm. Seems I was wrong about the vote. Should look before I speak. I don't think it really weakens anything though, because your thought process still is a bit odd.

I don't get how you're shrugging off Potassium openly asking me to lynch you, either. Perhaps this mini re-read was a good idea.

#HBC | ѕoup

[QUOT"Dabuz"]If I had to guess. Scum would be RR for sure, then Potassium when considering the amount of resistance he's put towards you.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't get this change in logic at all.

How do we go from such extremes? In just a matter of one single post, that was so good in your head that you dropped this completely and went 'nah i was wrong soup is the scummer with RR.'

This is kinda why I want to lynch RR, but it's also kinda why I want to lynch you.

#HBC | ѕoup

What a boring re-read of this day. Absolutely nothing going on. What the hell is this, a newbie?

I have another proposal. Known Mafia and TBG, would you agree to take no action tonight, in order for me to use mine? I need both of your cooperation, and I promise that the results will prove beneficial. Consider that a soft-claim.

Known Mafia

Smash Apprentice
posting mobile. want to take my action tonight. if e dont lynch soup i want RR lynch. more specifics at a comp

#HBC | ѕoup

You still want to lynch me...after proposing to give up your actions and promising something beneficial. How dense are you? Please tell me why you want to use your action.

Known Mafia

Smash Apprentice
All night actions are most likely beneficial. I, the other head, would rather lynch RR than you. I'm also mobile and out of town at the moment. We'll be discussing as much as possible.

Known Mafia

Smash Apprentice
Oh no! Someone is taking initiative and asking things! He must be scum. Town does absolutely nothing and just waits for **** to be handed to them. Content? Reads? No, screw that. Let's lynch the guy trying to do something.

Am I mad? A little. Amused would be a better word to put it.
Cut the emotion. I don't want this being the last day of Toonami again.
...Oh.

Well, there goes my whole point.

I thought Soup took a census and learned that two scum were on Acro's wagon...? >_<. Gahh nevermind I gotta think this over more. Ignore all of the Known Mafia v Soup stuff T_T.

Did Red Ryu claim if he took an action or not? o-o.
RR never claimed anything wrt actions, which is another point against soup because soup said "Red Ryu made no action." before anything was even brought up about RR's action.
soup can we lynch dabuz instead?

I think I asked this already and you ignored it. Lookit the opportunism
why dabuz over soup or RR.
Because nobody was doing jack, and I wanted to test Known Mafia anyway.
That was specifically to test me?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Urrgg I wanted soup to not fence sit when I gave him the RR/dabuz option.

I asked soup for dabuz to get his opinion, doesn't mean that's the lynch I want.

I still like my vote on soup because his actions surrounding his "gambit" don't line up to what he's saying, and it looks like he just did a pretty good job of backpedaling out of it. Doing that entire scheme of lying about his role to "test Known Mafia" and because "no one was doing anything" is poor reasoning, and a very underhanded way of getting people to claim information they could've parted with willingly.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I think he's a fine lynch also. Something I noticed is that he has not taken initiative to vote someone on his own accord, instead waiting for someone else to do it. It's actually pretty clear, and he's done it for ~Tac~, and more recently me. This kind of voting pattern is already pretty bad in itself but I think I can look further into what he's saying if I need to. I'm curious though, what got you tipped off on Dabuz yourself? You even openly asked me if we could lynch him. Something I don't understand is how you went from that to think that awful idea that I was somehow fake-claiming and RR was my partner or something. Clear up some things for me.

TBG, I'd appreciate your opinion on all this too.

Well, I've voted RR on my own accord and brought up the case on him initially. I've also justified myself for all my votes and pushed in ways I felt appropriate.

Dabuz, you came into this day prepared to push on Red Ryu, did you not? You even happened to point out what you disliked about him, but then you kinda just let it sit for a while and it's really gotten um...stale.

Let's be honest here, this town is dead, I've said what I want to about RR, but it's not like I magically have more to add when RR himself isn't posting much and I think I've convinced a majority of the playerlist that RR is scum. Stale is a weird way to put it because I get the feeling you want me to continue pushing him when truthfully, IDK what I can add to him when I've stated why he's scum, he isn't doing anything to change opinions, and his lynch is on the table. Truthfully Soup, for post game, if you think it's a bad way to think about it or you think I could play more effectively from that situation, tips would help.

That's a pretty good way to put it, and I don't understand your incentive to point something out and then do nothing with your vote. What were you waiting for? Why are you still on me despite me voting Red Ryu currently? You think I'm scum with him? The interaction between you and Kantrip doesn't tell me you've put much thought into this, because you suddenly come to the same conclusion like your eyes have been opened to something that you can't even bother to explain. It's more of a cop-out if anything, just nodding your head and agreeing what bull**** might get you to look good.

At the time of voting you Soup, I already stated that IDC who dies between you and RR because I felt super sure about the scumteam. I think I explained pretty well the connection i see between you are RR, want me to explain it again? Regarding the eye opening thing, it's not really that, it's that your gambit scares me because I've explained that to me, that gambit being successful could be a GG win for scum. I'm going to push on someone for doing something that legit makes me scared thinking Scum could win the game if the plan is successful.

Dabuz, you actually did vote earlier on. Hmm. Seems I was wrong about the vote. Should look before I speak. I don't think it really weakens anything though, because your thought process still is a bit odd.

I don't get how you're shrugging off Potassium openly asking me to lynch you, either. Perhaps this mini re-read was a good idea.

Well I already asked Potassium why he thinks i'm being opportunistic because he needs to back it up, it's my approach to asking him why he asks you about my lynch while still letting him keep the question towards you because his previous play does not show that he thinks i'm scum, which makes me thinks he has some sort of plan, i'd rather not take the chance of interrupting his plan. I am not shrugging him off, I made a post with the intention of forcing him to explain himself ASAP because the deadline is coming.

Potassium, deadline is on Friday so hurry uppppppp.
[QUOT"Dabuz"]If I had to guess. Scum would be RR for sure, then Potassium when considering the amount of resistance he's put towards you.

How do we go from such extremes? In just a matter of one single post, that was so good in your head that you dropped this completely and went 'nah i was wrong soup is the scummer with RR.'

This is kinda why I want to lynch RR, but it's also kinda why I want to lynch you.[/quote]

You're completely ignoring the context and that's ****ty of you. At that moment I was playing along with your claim of being town Census taker and you asking me who the 2 scum are. By playing along with that, we have a few conditions.
-You are town
-I am town
-There are 2 scum between RR, Known Mafia, and Potassium

I already had a list of reasons for RR scum.

So all that's left is between Known mafia and Potassium. Whoever is scum obviously knows the alignments of everyone, so I had to make 1 more assumption.

-Even without my knowledge of player meta, I do remember that Soup is considered one of the better players in DGames and probably the best player alive.

Potassium gave me the feeling that he wants you dead, from a scum perspective I would want the most threatening player dead too. The play matches up to something I think a scum player would do and while he could definitely be town and think you're scum, I didn't have anything to pick Known Mafia as RR's scummate. It's not a strong reasoning for Potassium scum even under all those conditions but it's more than what I have for Known Mafia.

NOW, let's remember that was when I was playing along with your claim of being town census taker. Once you claim that to be a lie, we erase some conditions.

Scum no longer has to be between RR/ Known Mafia/ Potassium.
Soup is no longer a confirmed townie.

I don't have any reasoning to consider Potassium scum without those conditions.

My logic did not go an extreme switch, the conditions under where we were operating drastically changed.

What a boring re-read of this day. Absolutely nothing going on. What the hell is this, a newbie?

I have another proposal. Known Mafia and TBG, would you agree to take no action tonight, in order for me to use mine? I need both of your cooperation, and I promise that the results will prove beneficial. Consider that a soft-claim.
I do have to agree this feels too much like a newbie game...that reminds me, ever since I let some of the pressure slide from TBG, he's went completely to being inactive. Do I really have to pressure him nonstop just to get some ****ing content? =_=

I'm convinced that Masqeruin will never post and has no idea what's even going on in this game.

Kantrip

Kantplay
"Well I already asked Potassium why he thinks i'm being opportunistic because he needs to back it up, it's my approach to asking him why he asks you about my lynch while still letting him keep the question towards you because his previous play does not show that he thinks i'm scum, which makes me thinks he has some sort of plan, i'd rather not take the chance of interrupting his plan. I am not shrugging him off, I made a post with the intention of forcing him to explain himself ASAP because the deadline is coming."

Intelligent and well-explained response. Dabuz, you down to lynch either soup or RR, doesn't matter which?

Other people weigh in on everything please. TBG I see very little commitment from you, I want more than lynches you'd be "okay with". I want to know the lynch you WANT and WHY.

Joey pls

#HBC | ѕoup

Urrgg I wanted soup to not fence sit when I gave him the RR/dabuz option.

I asked soup for dabuz to get his opinion, doesn't mean that's the lynch I want.

I still like my vote on soup because his actions surrounding his "gambit" don't line up to what he's saying, and it looks like he just did a pretty good job of backpedaling out of it. Doing that entire scheme of lying about his role to "test Known Mafia" and because "no one was doing anything" is poor reasoning, and a very underhanded way of getting people to claim information they could've parted with willingly.
or maybe instead of looking at me like im some goddamn criminal mastermind you take it as it is. your text is hard to read dabuz

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
or maybe instead of looking at me like im some goddamn criminal mastermind you take it as it is. your text is hard to read dabuz
ѕoup said:
I think he's a fine lynch also. Something I noticed is that he has not taken initiative to vote someone on his own accord, instead waiting for someone else to do it. It's actually pretty clear, and he's done it for ~Tac~, and more recently me. This kind of voting pattern is already pretty bad in itself but I think I can look further into what he's saying if I need to. I'm curious though, what got you tipped off on Dabuz yourself? You even openly asked me if we could lynch him. Something I don't understand is how you went from that to think that awful idea that I was somehow fake-claiming and RR was my partner or something. Clear up some things for me.

TBG, I'd appreciate your opinion on all this too.

Well, I've voted RR on my own accord and brought up the case on him initially. I've also justified myself for all my votes and pushed in ways I felt appropriate.

ѕoup said:

Let's be honest here, this town is dead, I've said what I want to about RR, but it's not like I magically have more to add when RR himself isn't posting much and I think I've convinced a majority of the playerlist that RR is scum. Stale is a weird way to put it because I get the feeling you want me to continue pushing him when truthfully, IDK what I can add to him when I've stated why he's scum, he isn't doing anything to change opinions, and his lynch is on the table. Truthfully Soup, for post game, if you think it's a bad way to think about it or you think I could play more effectively from that situation, tips would help.

ѕoup said:

At the time of voting you Soup, I already stated that IDC who dies between you and RR because I felt super sure about the scumteam. I think I explained pretty well the connection i see between you are RR, want me to explain it again? Regarding the eye opening thing, it's not really that, it's that your gambit scares me because I've explained that to me, that gambit being successful could be a GG win for scum. I'm going to push on someone for doing something that legit makes me scared thinking Scum could win the game if the plan is successful.

ѕoup said:

Well I already asked Potassium why he thinks i'm being opportunistic because he needs to back it up, it's my approach to asking him why he asks you about my lynch while still letting him keep the question towards you because his previous play does not show that he thinks i'm scum, which makes me thinks he has some sort of plan, i'd rather not take the chance of interrupting his plan. I am not shrugging him off, I made a post with the intention of forcing him to explain himself ASAP because the deadline is coming.

dabuz said:
Potassium, deadline is on Friday so hurry uppppppp.​

ѕoup said:

This is kinda why I want to lynch RR, but it's also kinda why I want to lynch you.[/quote]

You're completely ignoring the context and that's ****ty of you. At that moment I was playing along with your claim of being town Census taker and you asking me who the 2 scum are. By playing along with that, we have a few conditions.
-You are town
-I am town

So all that's left is between Known mafia and Potassium. Whoever is scum obviously knows the alignments of everyone, so I had to make 1 more assumption.

-Even without my knowledge of player meta, I do remember that Soup is considered one of the better players in DGames and probably the best player alive.

Potassium gave me the feeling that he wants you dead, from a scum perspective I would want the most threatening player dead too. The play matches up to something I think a scum player would do and while he could definitely be town and think you're scum, I didn't have anything to pick Known Mafia as RR's scummate. It's not a strong reasoning for Potassium scum even under all those conditions but it's more than what I have for Known Mafia.

NOW, let's remember that was when I was playing along with your claim of being town census taker. Once you claim that to be a lie, we erase some conditions.

My logic did not go an extreme switch, the conditions under where we were operating drastically changed.

ѕoup said:

I do have to agree this feels too much like a newbie game...that reminds me, ever since I let some of the pressure slide from TBG, he's went completely to being inactive. Do I really have to pressure him nonstop just to get some ****ing content? =_=

I'm convinced that Masqeruin will never post and has no idea what's even going on in this game.

Kantrip

Kantplay
You think it takes a criminal mastermind to fence sit?

To scumslip? I think your gambit was actually an attempt at a claim that you slipped up on, because the reasoning you have given has been inconsistent and, frankly, pretty poor reasoning for the stunt you pulled.

So soup, what is your read on TBG? Do you think scum was on the lynch yesterDay?

#HBC | ѕoup

Okay. Scum can do that. Anyone can do that. It doesn't take a capable townie or scum to justify something, which is why I'm looking at it more than that.

Yeah, I won't hold you to that. However, I will hold you to the account that this somehow is supposed to make me feel better and that I'm going to stop pushing you because you repeat yourself. "I did this." "I did that." Yeah. I've done a lot of things too and look at the **** I'm in. I guess my problem comes with that you are indeed doing things, but they're just not enough for me. There's a difference between doing something for a purpose, and doing something just for doing it. What I feel from your posts as of late is the former, because the sudden drop on RR doesn't really make sense to me, like you're clinging to it and somehow trying to make that point relevant to lynching me. How am I more priority than RR, and why is that suddenly you don't care about RR at all? How do you feel about your former read, Potassium, voting me? This is the things that don't make sense to me. To change your mind like that so soon either tells me you're the most indecisive townie I know, or you're just looking for a good place for your vote. The sudden changes bother the hell out of me. It's like you don't actually have a reason, and feel free to prove me wrong that you do.

No. I don't. I don't need you to repeat things to me like I'm deaf or I'm not paying attention. I could just take your content as townie because you post a lot of words and you're trying oh so hard to look like this perfect townie who does no wrong, but I don't see it like that. I see something more, and If I looked at everyone like that, nobody would get lynched because Scum isn't supposed to try and be obvious. They want to be townie. They want look townie and do things town would do. The difference is, town wants to lynch scum. Where is your effort to lynch that scum? Where is your honest-to-god thought process to lynch these scum? I think about all you done and I don't see this. I see someone trying to skate by to get away with the least amount of effort possible, throwing a random vote here and there like a good townie would do. Instead of taking the initiative to push me and get me lynched, you sit here happy with your vote and happy with everything you've done. You've solved the mystery, and you just want the credit. Isn't it a damn shame that things don't work like that? Why do you only come back when I give you chase? What do you really care about? I don't see that incentive at all.

-You are town
-I am town
Okay. If you were playing along, does that mean that's how you felt about it, or that's how you felt about with the fact that you were playing along with me. This doesn't say anything, it just says you were being cooperative at the time yet there's no insight why you thought like this. This is a problem.

I don't understand. I don't get how this clears up anything. Contrast how you felt and how you feel now. Disregard the gambit, because I feel like you're playing around with it more than actually doing something with it. You're telling me all these things you had to consider and these things you've done, but what of it?

You pose something I've considered looking into. What do you think of Potassium and his need to buddy me earlier on, least to say when he suggested your lynch? Does none of this matter? I feel like you're talking in gambit context. Stop it.

That's it? It's just done like that? I don't get the reason pair something like that, because it isn't clear here. Something in your head said 'this makes sense to me as the team.' What was it? If you really did just go 'well I don't think Known Mafia is scum so yeah RR/Potassium I guess then I don't get it all. Why were you so quickr to believe me in the first place? You see the playing along thing I've been mentioning over and over? You're not doing a good job or proving it wrong. This doesn't make me feel better about you at all.

It was still a switch. Something in your head lead you to believe those conditions regardless of the gambit. You can't say if I gambited a cop guilty on someone, and you happened to believe and you were suddenly gun-ho on someone, that if I were to retract that read the purpose of that gambit and how you read him in that context meant nothing. That's what you're doing. You're tossing aside your own logic here. Why?

Such is every other person. I don't know, I don't think what you did was worth even a look or a retort. It's like you expected him to give a **** when what you had or what you were concerned about wasn't really damning.

Luckily for you, I'm not a push-over and I enjoy my games of mafia. I'm going to look at your cases on RR and the alike and see if anything holds weight.

#HBC | ѕoup

You think it takes a criminal mastermind to fence sit?

To scumslip? I think your gambit was actually an attempt at a claim that you slipped up on, because the reasoning you have given has been inconsistent and, frankly, pretty poor reasoning for the stunt you pulled.

So soup, what is your read on TBG? Do you think scum was on the lynch yesterDay?
I'm fencesitting? Buddy, don't use mafia terms like you know what they mean. What are you gonna tell me next? That I'm fluffing or that I'm reaching? Every time someone tries to post a mafia term in some sort of relevance, I ****ing cringe. You know what a mafia term is in the long run? It's a ****ty cop-out from actually having a reason. You recall when I got on your case about saying I was AtEing? It's the same damn thing. If you're say that I'm AtEing at least either back your argument or tell me how it's relevant with me being scum.

"Stunt I pulled."

Oh boy. Tell me, my scum intention again? I slipped? Lol. As a member of the mafia, who is aware the fork mechanic doesn't apply to night kills, that I slipped thinking that same about my action? And to claim census taker of all things? Really? You believe this? I'm trying to level with you suddenly thinking I'm scum here. I'm trying to think 'god I wonder how Kantplay really looks at this and think he has won the lottery.' What's the best you come up with?

"Hurr you're being inconsistent and your reasoning sucks."

Yeah? Prove it. Make me look like an imbecile. Put me in my place and shut me up, if you can.

Welcome to mafia, where things don't always go your way and not everything is handed to you on a silver ****ing platter.

Okay, I don't know if you can't read but I've been saying It's RR/Dabuz. However, I really ****ing hate everything you've done as of late. Reassuring this hatred is for you to ask me about my stance on TBG suddenly and asking a blatantly answered question. Like, what the **** is this even? I really, really want to read you as town. I want to believe you're being genuine and that you're being regular Kantplay. I've been holding onto that for a long time, a very ****ing long time. I just don't get your townie intention to suddenly go "HEY SOUP BEST FRIEND BUDDY PAL OF MINE BFF LYNCH DABUZ" and then I do one thing and you literally do a 180 and go "HEY DABUZ BEST BUDDY PAL OF BFF LYNCH SOUP". It's almost hilarious.

While you're at it, tell me how you're holding to this idea that me and RR make sense. Am I cracking to the pressure and just bussing after I failed? Is that what you think? Tell me why this makes sense. Put something ****ing worth reading into it.

#HBC | ѕoup

"Well I already asked Potassium why he thinks i'm being opportunistic because he needs to back it up, it's my approach to asking him why he asks you about my lynch while still letting him keep the question towards you because his previous play does not show that he thinks i'm scum, which makes me thinks he has some sort of plan, i'd rather not take the chance of interrupting his plan. I am not shrugging him off, I made a post with the intention of forcing him to explain himself ASAP because the deadline is coming."
Plan? I'm interested. I don't get how you're so willing to side with someone like this. I don't get how either of you became best friends to lynch me. I don't get it.

#HBC | ѕoup

I looked at your reasoning for RR. I liked it. That doesn't mean anything however and I await your responses. I'm really tilting my head at a couple of other things right now but I want to (hopefully) get something going with this, or at least get over it.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Soup's wall on RR looks good, and I read KM townier from the KM/Soup exchange. Will think about which of Soup/RR I want to swing when I'm more awake tomorrow, but atm I'm fine either way.
What about Soup's wall did you like?

Why is KM townier? What are your reads at of the two?

Why do you need to decide on who to swing against between RR and Soup when you've clearly stated you like Soup's wall on RR?

TBG

Smash Cadet
Other people weigh in on everything please. TBG I see very little commitment from you, I want more than lynches you'd be "okay with". I want to know the lynch you WANT and WHY.

Joey pls
I've committed to both Soup and RR lynch so idk what you're talking about. Between the two, I'd lynch RR, since Soup's like all of the ****ing posts. and RR's deadweight. I like Soup a little less as Scum now, since he could've singlehandedly killed the village with activity. Still leaning scum, but not enough to prevent a vote: RR.

I still like Dabuz. His reasoning and thought process seems genuine. Potassium's wavering and I need to look at his slot again

@Dabuz: I got busy and then found time when I could, at 2 A.M. I've tried to make sure my reads and lynches were outed, but I can't post a ****storm when I'm usually gone all day.

TBG

Smash Cadet
What about Soup's wall did you like?

Why is KM townier? What are your reads at of the two?

Why do you need to decide on who to swing against between RR and Soup when you've clearly stated you like Soup's wall on RR?
I liked how it established that RR had weird voteshifts.

Tone, the prodding at Soup and exposing the gambit.

Because it's a wall coming from what was my biggest scumread at the time. A: I've been suspicious of Soup all game, and B: it's hard to just accept something your biggest scumread posts.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Yeah, I won't hold you to that. However, I will hold you to the account that this somehow is supposed to make me feel better and that I'm going to stop pushing you because you repeat yourself. "I did this." "I did that." Yeah. I've done a lot of things too and look at the **** I'm in. I guess my problem comes with that you are indeed doing things, but they're just not enough for me. There's a difference between doing something for a purpose, and doing something just for doing it. What I feel from your posts as of late is the former, because the sudden drop on RR doesn't really make sense to me, like you're clinging to it and somehow trying to make that point relevant to lynching me. How am I more priority than RR, and why is that suddenly you don't care about RR at all? How do you feel about your former read, Potassium, voting me? This is the things that don't make sense to me. To change your mind like that so soon either tells me you're the most indecisive townie I know, or you're just looking for a good place for your vote. The sudden changes bother the hell out of me. It's like you don't actually have a reason, and feel free to prove me wrong that you do.

No. I don't. I don't need you to repeat things to me like I'm deaf or I'm not paying attention. I could just take your content as townie because you post a lot of words and you're trying oh so hard to look like this perfect townie who does no wrong, but I don't see it like that. I see something more, and If I looked at everyone like that, nobody would get lynched because Scum isn't supposed to try and be obvious. They want to be townie. They want look townie and do things town would do. The difference is, town wants to lynch scum. Where is your effort to lynch that scum? Where is your honest-to-god thought process to lynch these scum? I think about all you done and I don't see this. I see someone trying to skate by to get away with the least amount of effort possible, throwing a random vote here and there like a good townie would do. Instead of taking the initiative to push me and get me lynched, you sit here happy with your vote and happy with everything you've done. You've solved the mystery, and you just want the credit. Isn't it a damn shame that things don't work like that? Why do you only come back when I give you chase? What do you really care about? I don't see that incentive at all.
I get the feeling from reading this post that you're trying to tell me to step up my game as of late and explaining how, which is by being more clear in my thought process.

Another part of me thinks that you're trying to make it out to look like i'm completely ignoring RR and don't actually want his lynch which I don't see how you get from my posts.

A vote is for pressure, it shows that I want to focus on someone else, but you don't' feel like I've put on appropriate pressure to justify the change in voting, where I tried to put on the pressure that I could. So it all goes to the fact that i'm not able to apply pressure and make my thought process clear enough that to you, and possibly to other players, that it can be seen as legit scumhunting, which shows a field I need to work on because if my scumhunting isn't good enough, I can understand why you come to this conclusion and I can't justify bad play as anything except bad if the provided reasoning and thought process is not enough in your opinion.

Going to finish up responding my my next post.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I liked how it established that RR had weird voteshifts.

Tone, the prodding at Soup and exposing the gambit.

Because it's a wall coming from what was my biggest scumread at the time. A: I've been suspicious of Soup all game, and B: it's hard to just accept something your biggest scumread posts.
So what do you think the purpose of Soup's wall is? Do you think he really believes in his RR read or just needs a reason to dislike RR?

By liking the exposure of the gambit, do you think the gambit was detrimental to town?

Get back on what you think of Potassium's slot ASAP.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Okay. If you were playing along, does that mean that's how you felt about it, or that's how you felt about with the fact that you were playing along with me. This doesn't say anything, it just says you were being cooperative at the time yet there's no insight why you thought like this. This is a problem.
I don't understand. I don't get how this clears up anything. Contrast how you felt and how you feel now. Disregard the gambit, because I feel like you're playing around with it more than actually doing something with it. You're telling me all these things you had to consider and these things you've done, but what of it?
Before the gambit, Potassium was null leaning town, after the gambit he is null leaning town. The gambit itself did nothing for my reads except for you Soup.

You pose something I've considered looking into. What do you think of Potassium and his need to buddy me earlier on, least to say when he suggested your lynch? Does none of this matter? I feel like you're talking in gambit context. Stop it.
Him suggesting my lynch was of little concern for reasons I explained before. He wouldn't go to having a scum read on me out of nowhere, and I don't think he would have had a way to justify it without a huge ISO. Buddying with you to lynch me also doesn't make sense considering his stances.

That's it? It's just done like that? I don't get the reason pair something like that, because it isn't clear here. Something in your head said 'this makes sense to me as the team.' What was it? If you really did just go 'well I don't think Known Mafia is scum so yeah RR/Potassium I guess then I don't get it all. Why were you so quickr to believe me in the first place? You see the playing along thing I've been mentioning over and over? You're not doing a good job or proving it wrong. This doesn't make me feel better about you at all.
If you want to stop speaking within context of the gambit, then I will. I will say that I was playing within the conditions of the gambit, fully suspicious of the truth of your gambit.

It was still a switch. Something in your head lead you to believe those conditions regardless of the gambit. You can't say if I gambited a cop guilty on someone, and you happened to believe and you were suddenly gun-ho on someone, that if I were to retract that read the purpose of that gambit and how you read him in that context meant nothing. That's what you're doing. You're tossing aside your own logic here. Why?
The reason I went along the gambit, despite posting my suspicion of it, is because you were leaning town to me due to how much you were contributing this game. I wanted to see what your train of thought is or your purpose.

Such is every other person. I don't know, I don't think what you did was worth even a look or a retort. It's like you expected him to give a **** when what you had or what you were concerned about wasn't really damning.

Luckily for you, I'm not a push-over and I enjoy my games of mafia. I'm going to look at your cases on RR and the alike and see if anything holds weight.
TY for the critique on my approach, shows that I need to play better when it comes to pressuring.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Red Ryu is right. I was too inactive to use my night action ;_;. Nuuu~

I'm fine with a Soup lynch. Red Ryu seems like normal Red Ryu to me, honestly. Normal to me is town Red Ryu. He isn't doing stupid gambits, but he's not being extremely safe, either. I don't want to see him lynched.

I need to re-read everything from my last post onwards, since I've been so focused on arguing stupid brawl **** >_<. I'm going to assume for now that Soup hasn't changed my thoughts on him and I'm still willing to lynch him based on how he played in Day 1. Not a fan of the Census gambit either. Seemed like a crappy thing to do from the very beginning of Day 2 to current time, and I agree with Kantrip that it looks like a poorly-attempted mafia safe-claim instead of a gambit.

TBG

Smash Cadet
So what do you think the purpose of Soup's wall is? Do you think he really believes in his RR read or just needs a reason to dislike RR?

By liking the exposure of the gambit, do you think the gambit was detrimental to town?

Get back on what you think of Potassium's slot ASAP.
I think the purpose is one of the two, but which one is entirely dependent on if Soup is Scum or not.

I think it was. It killed off any real discussion or analysis.

His tone's been town recently, so slight town lean.

TBG, how did you come to the conclusion that RR is scum? You've been more or less nodding your head regarding him.
Your wall on him made sense, Soup's did too.

There's really nothing to do but nod my head when good walls have already been made.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I think the purpose is one of the two, but which one is entirely dependent on if Soup is Scum or not.
Why do you respond so safely? You've been leaning SoupScum this whole game so I cant' see why you have nothing more to say than it could be choice A or B.
I think it was. It killed off any real discussion or analysis.
This is something no one has pointed out, can you bring up posts?
His tone's been town recently, so slight town lean.
Details please, I would like to see which posts support this.
There's really nothing to do but nod my head when good walls have already been made.
Yes, but there hasn't been a notable effort by you to craft walls or do anything but nod your head.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Oh deadline in 2 days and a likely lynch, welp. **** school.

I'm Bertrand Russell, Town Jack of All Trades.

I have 2 powers,

The first, I can send an anonymous message to someone in the night writing whatever I want. Used it on Acrostic saying, "This is Red Ryu, I am sending a message, look at Kantrip tomorrow with me, :3"

The second, I can self watch myself. Seeing anyone who visits me.

All one shot.

Still working on reading.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Mafia meta question, are Jack of all Trades powers generally used for powers already present in the game or a way to include powers not present?

Top Bottom