• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diem and Doom present: SMASH...HIT? - READ OP FOR PUBLIC TRANSIT HELP

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A RIDE FROM THE TRAIN STATION, CLICK THIS

Introductory Nonsense

Diem is back with his first tourney in like... FOREVER

I've found a venue that can cater as many as we'd need it to up to about 60-65 people comfortably. Also, it's worth noting that this store has a group of around 15 to 30 local players that come through for their usual Brawl tourneys. Hype, I know. A lot of new blood, which means if we play nice, there could be a bunch of fresh faces in our future. Which is good. We have too many Pwiis and NAKATs around.

The venue is a Play-n-Trade, so Retro Monsters like Kai are gonna be pumped. They have a pretty nifty selection, too. Some kid traded in Musashi, Crono Cross, Megaman Legends 2 and a bunch of other stuff right in front of me today. FF7/8 and a bunch of other classics, too. Everything, Atari and up can be traded/found, as well.

Venue Address

Play-n-Trade
1407 Route 35
Middletown, New Jersey

Schedule

Sign-ups: 10:30 am
Doubles starts: 11:30 am
Singles starts: About 3:30/4:00
Venue closes at 11:00

Payout and Pricing Information

With our partnership with Play-n-Trade, we've come up with a cool new way to get your the prizes you'll earn. You can opt for the normal payout, or have your payout be in store credit with an extra 10% added on. 200 for first place? 220 with store credit. So if you're a gamer, you'll make an even bigger profit than before.

Also, you can trade games in, and use that store credit to pay the venue fee. The tournament entry has to be paid in cash.

Venue fee = $5
Singles = $10
Doubles = $10 per person ($20 per team)
MvC3 = $5

$5 dollars off venue fee for bringing a TV and a Wii as needed.
$2 dollars off venue fee for bringing a WII as needed.

You WILL NOT get a discount for bringing systems we can't use. Generally speaking, it'd be better if you guys had an idea of if you were bringing it a few days or so in advance, so I can schedule ahead.

Singles

1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 5%
5th: 2.5%

Doubles

1st: 55%
3rd: 15%
4th: 5%[color]

If there is time, and interest, we will hold a two set up, 16 player capped marvel tourney for 5 dollars per player.

Marvel Vs Capcom 3

1st: 65%
3rd: 10%

Food

We're in a shopping plaza, so there are plenty of places to eat. Pizza, Chinese, etc. All you have to do is give me a notice you're going to eat, and I'll happily float matches for a short time. We're also minutes from Boston Market, Friday's, Friendly's, Dunken Donuts

Oh, and not lame kids, there's a Retro Fitness. ^_~

Contact Information

If you have any questions or concerns, don't be shy!

Diem
Phone: 848-482-9165
http://www.facebook.com/dmbrandon

Doom
Phone: 973-513-3794
http://www.facebook.com/max.krchmar

Play-n-Trade
Phone: 732-533-5740
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000469757818

Brawl Rules

• Matches will be THREE (3) Stock, 8 minute time limit.
  • Double Elimination. All matches will be 2/3, with all finals being 3/5.
  • The bracket will be seeded by crews/region and rankings.
  • Items will be off.
  • You may ban one stage
  • Life stealing is allowed in teams.
  • Smashballs will be OFF.
  • Advanced Slob picks: First match is a blind pick, where the competitors will tell their character to a judge, and then proceed. The loser of the first match will then pick the next stage, then the winner may choose his character. After, the loser will choose his character and begin. The same will happen for the third match, if forced.
  • You may not counterpick a stage that you won on.
  • The Mage's DQ rule is also in effect:
  • 2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
  • 4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
  • 6 Minutes Late: Loss of set
  • No scrooging: Going completely under the stage so that you pass from one side to the other three or more times in succession without having landed on the main platform is banned and will result in a forfeit of the game. Clinging or hanging on ledges, as well as landing on floating platforms, do not count as landing on the main platform of the stage.
  • Ports: Higher Seed gets port priority. In any event of confusion or debate, the judge can defer it to a game of Rock paper scissors. winner chooses ports first.
  • *35 Ledge Grab Rule: If time runs out and you have grabbed the ledge over 35 times you lose the match.

* The stage strike system will be used to determine the first stage. Each player, starting with the higher seed or determined by the players with rock/paper/scissors, will strike one stage from the neutral list until only one is left, and that will be the stage played on for the first match.

* NO REFUNDS ONCE THE BRACKETS ARE MADE FOR AN EVENT. *

Starter Stages:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpicks:
Delfino Plaza
Battleship Halberd
Castle Siege
Brinstar
Lylat
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Pictochat
Pokemon Stadium 2

NOTE: You may play any banned stage as long as both you, and your opponent agree and ask a judge! If you agree, there will be no complaints!

Marvel vs Capcom 3 ruleset.

• Blindpicks may be requested, but if one player picks a team AFTER the button check, he/she is locked into that team.
  • Winner must keep Team/Assists but may change order.
  • Loser may change team.
  • All sets outside of 'finals' sets will be 2/3 games. All finals will be 3/5.
  • All characters/stages are legal
  • 99 seconds, medium damage.
  • No use of any glitches, even accidentally, that would prevent a player from being able to be present on the screen. This includes the Zero Glitch.

STORE RULES:

• No stealing. If you're caught stealing, I might just beat your ***. Seriously, my rep's on the line with this place, and if we want a new, more comfortable venue, we're gonna need people to not be lame.
  • No cursing. It's gonna happen, I know. First offense is a warning. Second offense is a set loss. Third, and I'm gonna kick you out. There are gonna be little kids around, and we have to be respectful of that fact that the store could lose business over it. Keep it clean. Speaking of which, if you smell EVEN A LITTLE BIT, you're doneskies.
  • Clean up after yourself. Don't leave wrappers around, or soda bottles. If I see you do anything like that, I will DQ you faster than you can tell me to Obey my Thirst.
  • NO MONEY CAN EXCHANGE HANDS BETWEEN PLAYERS IN THE STORE. This is serious. If you're going to MM, the money has to exchange hands outside. If I see money out, you'll both be asked to leave. The owner said you can do whatever you want, but the money has to be exchanged OUTSIDE. NO JOHNS.

This is promised to be pretty hype, so I expect a lot of you to be in attendance. I'm not huge into Smash right now, so this is really important to me that this goes well. This can also become a fairly regular thing, if it turns out well.

-the above post was written by Diem, all I did was copy/paste it and revise any spelling errors. I am a co-host for this event.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
The lgl rule says 35 and 40 in the same post, FYI. Also. I'm slightly interested

Edit: I can't see the address on mobile, I guess its in the calendar.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I'll be there.

Edit: Just read that this is at a play n trade. I bought 3 games at play n trade today in East Hanover for $5 each which I am now selling(and will sell) for $20, $20, and $30. I'm very much looking forward to doing the same for this venue since I am an ebay monster and I love money. I love you both as well for choosing this venue.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I love the payout :D Although I do think it should be top 5 unless about 80 players show up.

I wasn't planning on attending anything due to school till mid May but I'll try my best to make it to this.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I just realized this is the date of my bro's going away party for the army, he ships out April 15th, so yeah, can't make this.

Otherwise I'd be there.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Ah, unfortunate. Good luck to your brother! Maybe another MD/VA carpool can make it up. :o

ch33s3

Smash Lord
There's a CT tourney this date. You should see if you can work with them to change theirs (it's going to be smaller) so we can get them down there.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Hmm? Unless I'm reading wrong, this tourney's date is April 9th. HoG #4 is April 2nd.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Can you clear up the LGL? The ruleset says:

*35 Ledge Grab Rule: If time runs out and you have grabbed the ledge over 40 times you lose the match.

Is it 35 or 40?

I'll be coming to this assuming I can find a ride. I've missed going to events. :)

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Aww man. Haha this looks good, I need a ride. I live 50 minutes from the venue. Any takers? Will pay $$

Top Bottom