• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy's position on Tier List 2.0

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Falcon and Sonic require more active thinking because they make their damage from punishing mistakes.

As I've said multiple times, anyone who wants their character lower on the list for reasons other then tier accuracy is an idiot.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Who knows. Diddy was my first main in Brawl and he's always been one of my top choices since too. I would enjoy seeing other people around here actually pick him up for a change.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Why is Diddy in top tier? He should be in B, not A. hes not as good as R.O.B and Wario. Please dont tell me this is just because he does good vs MK.

disclaimer: Dont get me wrong. I know diddy is a good and solid character. I just dont think hes as good as the top dogs (DDD Falco etc.)
Yes he is, and you main fox, your character sucks. Don't be mean to the actually good chars :D

Ozzie23

Smash Cadet
you look at this tier list a first time and you think its good, then you really look at it and its like WTF

Diddy better than ROB?
Donkey and pika better than ICs?

As if!
I'm pretty ok with both of those. Rob has major problem KO'ing. Donkey is really hard to touch when spaced well, and you're screwed if Pika is below you. The IC's chaingrap is overrated, hard to land against a smart opponent.

M@v

Subarashii!
Yes he is, and you main fox, your character sucks. Don't be mean to the actually good chars :D
1st off, My character goes even with yours, so shh.
2nd, There are like no fox players, which means no tourney rankings, which means tier list drop
3rd, I play Falco,wolf,zelda/sheik,and peach too =P

istudying

Smash Lord
2nd, There are like no fox players, which means no tourney rankings, which means tier list drop
First off there aren't alot of Diddy players.
2nd Fox can't compare to Diddy ;D
3rd Whe dont care about the characters u play it's Diddy Kong boards.

Don't take this to serious.

ADHD

Smash Hero
fox sucks thats why nobody plays him in other than friendlys

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
*Un-holsters blaster.*

First off there aren't alot of Diddy players.
2nd Fox can't compare to Diddy ;D
3rd Whe dont care about the characters u play it's Diddy Kong boards.

Don't take this to serious.
1. There aren't a lot of Diddy Players? There are plenty around. Here is an awful example but go on youtube and compare the amount of Diddy's you will find and Fox. Also check the tourneys. Compare the Diddy tournament list and the Fox tournament list. BIG DIFFERANCE.

2. Fox goes even.

3. *shrugs*

fox sucks thats why nobody plays him in other than friendlys
*shoots blaster at ChromePirate.* LIES!

istudying

Smash Lord
*Un-holsters blaster.*

1. There aren't a lot of Diddy Players? There are plenty around. Here is an awful example but go on youtube and compare the amount of Diddy's you will find and Fox. Also check the tourneys. Compare the Diddy tournament list and the Fox tournament list. BIG DIFFERANCE.

2. Fox goes even.

3. *shrugs*

If i say Fox doesn't go even then he doesn't !
it's because Diddy is top tier u don't have to complain about it ;D

ADHD

Smash Hero
*Un-holsters blaster.*

2. Fox goes even.

3. *shrugs*

fox doesn't go even IMO, ALL HE CAN DO IS DAIR BEHIND YOUR SHIELD, but nobody believes me. plus there are only like 5 top diddys and they are spread throughout the USA, they are the only ones that place well for diddy. diddy's matchups don't go further than 40-60 if you know how to handle them all, he only has a few characters that really give him a serious problem and they aren't oftenly used in tourneys. he does well against all the top tiers (diddy can go somewhat even against falco if you know all the tricks), superb combo ability, good recovery, decent KO power (yes its decent if you don't throw out smash attacks degenerating them), great, fast aerial game, and can handle any matchup at any stage.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
If i say Fox doesn't go even then he doesn't !
it's because Diddy is top tier u don't have to complain about it ;D
So you are saying that Diddy doesn't go even because he is top tier?

fox doesn't go even IMO, ALL HE CAN DO IS DAIR BEHIND YOUR SHIELD, but nobody believes me. plus there are only like 5 top diddys and they are spread throughout the USA, they are the only ones that place well for diddy. diddy's matchups don't go further than 40-60 if you know how to handle them all, he only has a few characters that really give him a serious problem and they aren't oftenly used in tourneys. he does well against all the top tiers (diddy can go somewhat even against falco if you know all the tricks), superb combo ability, good recovery, decent KO power (yes its decent if you don't throw out smash attacks degenerating them), great, fast aerial game, and can handle any matchup at any stage.
And play the DCSG game as well as use your banana's against you?

Even though the top five Diddy players are spread around, that doesn't mean that there aren't a lot of Diddy's at tournaments. I'm just throwing it out there but I believe Fox has a superior aerial game as well as a better gimp game thanks to the shine and nair against barrels.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
I'm pretty ok with both of those. Rob has major problem KO'ing. Donkey is really hard to touch when spaced well, and you're screwed if Pika is below you. The IC's chaingrap is overrated, hard to land against a smart opponent.
Donkey kong has like one approach; bair. This pretty much makes any character with a projectile able to camp the bejesus out of him

ICs chaingrab overrated?! Im sorry but an infinite on the entire cast is not overrated; that is about the deadliest thing any character in this game has. Getting the three grabs needed to win is very plausible. Desynching into grabs works very well. Even smart opponents make mistakes and get grabbed.

Putting ics below pika is a joke. Its freakin PIKA.

ADHD

Smash Hero
So you are saying that Diddy doesn't go even because he is top tier?

And play the DCSG game as well as use your banana's against you?

Even though the top five Diddy players are spread around, that doesn't mean that there aren't a lot of Diddy's at tournaments. I'm just throwing it out there but I believe Fox has a superior aerial game as well as a better gimp game thanks to the shine and nair against barrels.
He doesn't fox cannot gimp diddy unless he is forced to recover from down below, and even then you have to shine the barrels directly, or when they are coming up, which is not easy. Fox gets gimped by diddy more than he gimps diddy. Peanuts kill the phantasm like they do falco's, bair his up b into a stage spike, you can barrel spike his up b if you carefully time it as well. killing fox's second jump or phantasm by charging your peanut gun vertically will force him to use his up b, and you know what people can do to that. Also fox barely moves when he trips, which makes us have a much more fun time combo'ing him. In addition he falls fast, meaning from a throw we can do alot to him once he lands even if he techs the fall. he can not approach at all without it being able to be punished, and his laser camping is too laggy to use on the ground against diddy and when you SH it he'll only take 2-3 damage when diddy charges at fox. diddy gimps space animals when you use your projectiles right, I'm not even kidding. Even though fox has the best recovery out of the three, the same tactics can still be used on him. I still firmly believe its 60-40 in diddy's favor but I tend to exaggerate things and no other diddy player believes me lol. I play a good fox very oftently and he knows about the shine gimps and how to fight diddy.

DUB

Smash Lord
he does well against all the top tiers (diddy can go somewhat even against falco if you know all the tricks)
The majority of Diddys disadvantageous matchups are all in the upper portion of the tier list. Falco, Olimar, Marth, DK.

Chrome I think you over exaggerate Diddy's matchup prowess a bit.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Hmm Diddy has pretty good matchups across the board in my opinion. Even in the upper Tiers as Diddy I never mind facing a DDD or a G&W... even a Snake. When it comes to Falco though, it can be a little annoying on a stage like FD.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
He doesn't fox cannot gimp diddy unless he is forced to recover from down below, and even then you have to shine the barrels directly, or when they are coming up, which is not easy. Fox gets gimped by diddy more than he gimps diddy. Peanuts kill the phantasm like they do falco's, bair his up b into a stage spike, you can barrel spike his up b if you carefully time it as well. killing fox's second jump or phantasm by charging your peanut gun vertically will force him to use his up b, and you know what people can do to that. Also fox barely moves when he trips, which makes us have a much more fun time combo'ing him. In addition he falls fast, meaning from a throw we can do alot to him once he lands even if he techs the fall. he can not approach at all without it being able to be punished, and his laser camping is too laggy to use on the ground against diddy and when you SH it he'll only take 2-3 damage when diddy charges at fox. diddy gimps space animals when you use your projectiles right, I'm not even kidding. Even though fox has the best recovery out of the three, the same tactics can still be used on him. I still firmly believe its 60-40 in diddy's favor but I tend to exaggerate things and no other diddy player believes me lol. I play a good fox very oftently and he knows about the shine gimps and how to fight diddy.
Usually the peanuts aren't that big a problem against Fox because he usually does a rising forward air that prevents the gimp from Diddy because he will be too high to get hit, also using shine stalling to prevent from getting hit by stray peanuts as well as timing the right moment to use the illusion. Fox's are never suppose to use standing lasers and Fox 2-3 damage he get can be repeated thanks to he decent SHSL/DL game. It doesn't matter if you charge at Fox because what you gonna do? Dash attack? We shield grab. You throw a banana? We shine/aerial shine/any aerial to catch you banana because ALL of Fox's aerial are amazing at catching bananas on the fly. Who is the Fox you play with by the way?

Wait a minute why are we debating on which character is better in your tier discussion xD We need to focus on that. Good **** placing so high! Diddy IS an amazing character.

ADHD

Smash Hero
The majority of Diddys disadvantageous matchups are all in the upper portion of the tier list. Falco, Olimar, Marth, DK.

Chrome I think you over exaggerate Diddy's matchup prowess a bit.
Yeah i do exaggerate matchups XD, and no, the truly worst matchups of diddy are not DK or falco, hell no! Luigi, olimar, marth, and a really good kirby are the worst. They just have characteristics that naturally counter diddy... they're all definitely possible, but I highly disagree with falco because diddy has some stuff up his sleeves he can do to falco.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Olimar and Luigi are some of Diddy's hardest match ups. I agree with whoever said that Fox will be higher in the future. And I LUV FLCL NeverKnowsBest :)

-lee-

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
Luigi and Olimar are disquisting. Honestly these are the two characters I can't stand playing against.

Also to sause boss, Dub was sayin DK is one of diddys worst matchups.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Luigi will always be a huge pain in the butt for Diddy Kong. Even a pro Diddy Kong might lose to a average-decent Luigi player.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Luigi will always be a huge pain in the butt for Diddy Kong. Even a pro Diddy Kong might lose to a average-decent Luigi player.
Camp your ****ing *** off its the best way to win against a good weegee. If he gets you in the air then DI your best away. him sliding so far can somewhat be an advantage because if you camp him and he's approaching and he trips you regain a ton of space to recamp.

Top Bottom