• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy's #1 worst matchup

ADHD

Smash Hero
Errrr, really? This is kind of a worthless topic.
Diddy has alot of matchups that aren't in his favor but he ends up ****** them all. You won't find a counter.

No way falco, once you learn to get past his reflector it ain't so bad actually

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
Wow you make the worst topics. And yea CP is right; it is a campy olimar.
How is this a bad topic? I'm just trying to find a good counter to diddy.

People complain about johners all the time, but then when people actually try to find ways to deal with their problems you get mad.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
You asked a pretty general question. You didn't say what your problems were against him. You didn't say anything about how you were attacking him.

In another topic you complained about spamming bananas. You can spam bananas. You just can't. Spamming is when you press the A or B button to do a move. You can't do that with bananas. IF you were complaining about falco or wolf I could understand but Diddy's bananas? You got a lot to learn.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Olimar and Falco are the worst from what I heard, though it depends on their playstyle(some Olimar/Falco's can be harder than some Olimar/Falco's)

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
You asked a pretty general question. You didn't say what your problems were against him. You didn't say anything about how you were attacking him.

In another topic you complained about spamming bananas. You can spam bananas. You just can't. Spamming is when you press the A or B button to do a move. You can't do that with bananas. IF you were complaining about falco or wolf I could understand but Diddy's bananas? You got a lot to learn.
1. Ok, I'll try to be more specific next time.

2. Your definition of spamming is off. Smash wiki says it is when a move is used repetitively. doesn't say you have to only press a or b. That's like saying just because you have to press down on the control stick too, it automatically means it not spam. Diddy's bananas can be dangerous in the hands of a smart player.

ADHD

Smash Hero
1. Ok, I'll try to be more specific next time.

2. Your definition of spamming is off. Smash wiki says it is when a move is used repetitively. doesn't say you have to only press a or b. That's like saying just because you have to press down on the control stick too, it automatically means it not spam. Diddy's bananas can be dangerous in the hands of a smart player.
Be more specific, does he dribble before throwing them? How does he follow it up

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
Be more specific, does he dribble before throwing them? How does he follow it up
He throws one, rolls toward me drops another, and when I slip on one he picks it up and roll attacks me again. Avoinding slipping on one one is harder that it sounds because hell stay near the bananas. I try to camp, he'll just pick one up and come my way with one and it's back to square 1.

ADHD

Smash Hero
He throws one, rolls toward me drops another, and when I slip on one he picks it up and roll attacks me again. Avoinding slipping on one one is harder that it sounds because hell stay near the bananas. I try to camp, he'll just pick one up and come my way with one and it's back to square 1.
Roll attack? YOu mean glide toss?

Esca

Smash Champion
Okay, so Diddy should really never have that many bad match-ups, but it really depends on who your playing.

1)Falco- Falco is a very frustrating match-up for Diddy, because of the reflector shield, so you need to learn, in this match-up, to not throw as much. Learn to place bananas strategically and use the air to your advantage. Falco is nothing when he can't laser without being tripped, and you get free attacks.

2)Olimar- Probably one of Diddys more equal match-ups. His campy playstyle and lack of movement is hard to get crippled by the bananas. His grabs go through the bananas and he has major combos from them. Learn to use bananas more aerially in this match-up. Overwhelm him, and it will pay off. Spam peanut gun and throw bananas off the stage to gimp his recovery,or focus mainly on staying not over-whelmed. Latched Pikmin don't do much damage, so control yourself.

3) D3- is not really that bad. Keep far out of distance and trip him up. Don't let him get in the air, and he can be Diddy chain-grabbed.

4) R.O.B-ugh, forget it. I'm too tired to finish, I'll finish tomorrow.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Heavy's like D3 and R.O.B. are hard because they require a longer, sustained effort to beat them.
Falco is the worst matchup, followed by Olimar. Despite both being reasonably gimpable.

Though, despite all this, I think Diddy's problems are more player based.

I can and have beaten mostly all the players in my state (Not consistently, but I'm up there), bar one REALLY good Metaknight.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Depends on the players.. both ways.

As metaknight you should just learn to be in your shield more.. be in the air.. glide toss.. gimp diddy. guard bannanas. Play careful and youll do fine with Diddys. IMO diddy is 50/50 with Meta

Colbert

Smash Apprentice
Olimar shouldn't be a problem. I don't understand that.

I'd say his worst matchup is either Falco or LUIGI.

Luigi is difficult because he has insane aerial priority and is so slippery that you can't really follow up your glide tosses.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
but you are from Australia....
:(

I'll admit my location matters to an extent, though my claims are based on my understanding of the American smash scene.

I just used my own situation to supplement my thoughts. Regardless of where you live, competitive scenes are going to follow the same formulas, and use the same characters.

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
wolfs reflector is faster and since flacos chaining dont matter agaianst diddy cause bananas i have a harder time with him. plus falcos aerial game isnt the best to hes mostly ground.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I actually think metaknight's worse than falco, I think the biggest thing vs falco is learning how to get around the reflector and once you know how to do that--RAAAAPE

xReDEMx

Smash Apprentice
very true, ive had problems with falco for some reason but once u takeover the match and not let him take over the naners ur good to go :)

but metaknight/maybe even marth could be a bad match up

Irsic

Smash Ace
I do feel strongest against Meta Knight when I'm playing Diddy so I do feel as though Diddy is one of MK's harder match ups.

Though other than that piece of info, I've never played a good Falco so I can't really give too much imput, lol.

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
falco is pretty hard to is laser can't be avoided by crawling and he can reflect your nana

Irsic

Smash Ace
Most likely old and from the MK boards...and I realize MK isn't even the one really on topic, like Falco is, but I wanted to post it anyway.

The Diddy Kong matchup.
Diddy's Pros:
- Banana throws outprioritize MK's aerials, tilts and the MT, making him along with Snake and besides MK, one of the characters with the best answer to the MT.
- Diddy Kong's overB move, if in range, can frequently beat MK's approach out.
- Diddy Kong can effectively control the match when Bananas are in play.
- Grounded bananas get in the way of MK's approach.
Diddy's Cons:
- Pulling bananas out is slow.
- Diddy Kong can be easily hit out of his recovery, if he resorts to his upB move. With little risk too, because of Diddy Kong's recovery not being able to stage spike usually.
- Even if harder to gimp Diddy Kong than Snake, MK can edgeguard Diddy Kong.
- Diddy Kong has no great answer against the best recovery in the game.
- MK's tilts and aerials outrange and outprioritize Diddy Kong's tilts and aerials.
- Diddy Kong has to go for around 120% damage before being able to pull KOs off, because of Diddy's lack of an effective KO move.
- Diddy Kong has to pull bananas out as they disappear, losing momentum and forcing him to try to regain it.

Diddy Kong can succeed here, Metaknight is not his hardest matchup.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
lol when im olimar, and i play a diddy, im his pimp daddy, i just keep grabbing em when he comes near otherwise i throw my pikmin

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Most likely old and from the MK boards...and I realize MK isn't even the one really on topic, like Falco is, but I wanted to post it anyway.

The Diddy Kong matchup.
Diddy's Pros:
- Banana throws outprioritize MK's aerials, tilts and the MT, making him along with Snake and besides MK, one of the characters with the best answer to the MT.
- Diddy Kong's overB move, if in range, can frequently beat MK's approach out.
- Diddy Kong can effectively control the match when Bananas are in play.
- Grounded bananas get in the way of MK's approach.
Diddy's Cons:
- Pulling bananas out is slow.
- Diddy Kong can be easily hit out of his recovery, if he resorts to his upB move. With little risk too, because of Diddy Kong's recovery not being able to stage spike usually.
- Even if harder to gimp Diddy Kong than Snake, MK can edgeguard Diddy Kong.
- Diddy Kong has no great answer against the best recovery in the game.
- MK's tilts and aerials outrange and outprioritize Diddy Kong's tilts and aerials.
- Diddy Kong has to go for around 120% damage before being able to pull KOs off, because of Diddy's lack of an effective KO move.
- Diddy Kong has to pull bananas out as they disappear, losing momentum and forcing him to try to regain it.

Diddy Kong can succeed here, Metaknight is not his hardest matchup.
Actually Diddy Kong has options against Metaknight. He can cartwheel to Fair, Ftilt, Glidetoss to Fsmash/Dsmash and Fthrow/BThrow (though that is at 130%).

And people have spiked metaknight with z drop banana to Dair. And Footstool jump to barrel spike. It is really hard, but it is an answer to it.

LibertyD

Smash Rookie
Diddy's are my ABSOLUTE worst enemies lol, no matter who. I find ROB as my counterpick to Diddy (Just picked him up a few days ago, and it ***** Diddy's hard!) . Banana's are the only problem against Diddy really -_-. Falco, I tried, but I don't really like him other than cg to spike. and laser, but not to reliable to me. Olimar is someone I didn't actually think was a Diddy counterpick though. I'll give him a shot.

Top Bottom