• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy!!!

2pac29

Smash Apprentice
Some people might think this match up is easy with Fox...But for some reason I cant seem to beat a Good Diddy player Those Bananas completely destroy me, I use the shine a lot but only helps for a sec. cuz He will juss pick it up an throw it back making me slip..I cant Roll left or right cuz there is alwayz banana in the way, So I Tap A to get up then I get punished for it cuz he know What iam gonna do :mad:

I guess I juss need to learn those bananas or counter pick to falco :dizzy:

Anywayz Any tips will Help and greatly appreciated Thankz guyz!!!

cakecontrol

Smash Cadet
Just don't get hit by bananas.
Lmao yea real good help.:ohwell:

Diddy is a very good player Top Tier if you ask me. So yea I have to play a very good diddy every day it's a hard match-up for fox. The best ways i can help you is bye telling you what I know about the match.

1. The bananas are going to be a real ***** A6M says don't get hit bye them this is not a bad idea but you can not get away from every 1 of them (But do try ur best)

2. Fox is very fast and if you can catch him with out a banana. Try your best to stay on him to keep him from pulling them out. (this is not easy but you will get it)

3. If you get a hold of a banana dont waste it. Use for your self if they trip on it at high % your can kill with an up smash. I like to throw it down when im close to them then down smash.

4. Most of dont lose your cool i know that all the triping makes you mad at least it makes me mad. The point is don't let him know he is getting to your

I hope this help your if not it will help some1 i hope. (Good luck with the match-up):)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Aerials and more aerials..........seriously you should be taking a Diddy to the air where your fair, nair , and bair beat anything he has.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Aerials help greatly. I also like to grab A LOT! I like to work the edge against Diddy's and grab release them off the edge and try to gimp using the shine. Shining barrels is soooo effing easy or simply time the edge guard. My friend used to give me serious problems when I would face his Diddy with my Fox but now I can honestly say that I can dispatch him pretty easy now.

o_O also you can always choose Falco. =3

M@v

Subarashii!
The reason fox does good here is because he has a real easy time countering diddy's banana game. 1st off, his reflector, when a banana connects with it, turns it into fox's banana. Also, fox can running grab bananas easily. Just initiate a dash attack right before you connect with a banana. Use YOUR bananas to make his life miserable. You are a better fighter than diddy; its just his bananas are the problem.

P.S on a side note Fox's reflector reflects Captain Falcon's Side B and Falcon kick. LOL.
And I thought CF couldn't suck any more.

M@v

Subarashii!
Hahahaha... yeah... err wait, what?
im dead serious. I was messing around with CF and i played a cpu fox. The fox had his shine out, and both side b and falcon kick got turned around by fox's shine. :laugh: I was like "WOW, I though CF couldn't fail any harder."

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
You can roll/jump out of shine when you get hit by a projectile. this will save your *** in this match-up.
I haven't done this lately but I think when I tried to jump out of a shine last time it didn't work so what's the deal? Is there a window of opening?

RPK

Smash Lord
im dead serious. I was messing around with CF and i played a cpu fox. The fox had his shine out, and both side b and falcon kick got turned around by fox's shine. :laugh: I was like "WOW, I though CF couldn't fail any harder."
I tried and apparently it didnt work >.> Vids plz

2pac29

Smash Apprentice
O.k well After All this time you would think I would get better at this match up But NOOOOO diddy Kong its Just A Pain in the A**
DAMMMM So no more tips ?

Or a vid link Plz????

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
If you slip and theres banans around you, just press up to get up, dont roll or attack. Shining is only slightly effective because most of the time the banana stops right in front of you which doesnt help becuase he does dash and hits you. Its really easy to edgegaurd him which is a nice thing. Be careful when u try to attack him off the map cuz he can do his forward b and kill u. If there is a banana in front of u while u shield, dont grab or attack because u will slip on it, just jump or roll away.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I suggest you go to the Diddy boards and learn about banana control.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Without bananas, Diddy's spacing gets ruined as hell. Good Diddy players will know how to get over this, but no bananas screw most players.

Imagine Diddy without bananas. He has nearly nothing reliable against what is now a huge number of the cast - his spacing game takes a gigantic hit, and that's what you're aiming for. If you can control how Diddy's moving, rather than having him control how you're moving (with bananas), you're already steps ahead.

Banana control is essential, which is why I always play as Diddy, even if only a bit, if I'm looking to improve this matchup.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Without bananas, Diddy's spacing gets ruined as hell. Good Diddy players will know how to get over this, but no bananas screw most players.

Imagine Diddy without bananas. He has nearly nothing reliable against what is now a huge number of the cast - his spacing game takes a gigantic hit, and that's what you're aiming for. If you can control how Diddy's moving, rather than having him control how you're moving (with bananas), you're already steps ahead.

Banana control is essential, which is why I always play as Diddy, even if only a bit, if I'm looking to improve this matchup.
Without a doubt. Diddy's game as we all know revolves around his bananas. I remember having a friendly with my friend and he said he could crush me without his bananas and I ended up 3 stocking him. Without his banana's how else does his space effectively?

soul ark

Smash Ace
i dont know if anyone said this i dont like to bother reading when im in a rush but you should make your aim to grab the bananas ways to acomplish this is by grabing them in the air when diddy tosses them

in the air you can catch them by just being near them and air dodgeing a more risky way to do it this by attacking however you recieve a nice offencive bonus though you should practice

on the ground you can press a near them (in any fashion) or to be flashy you can be near them and side step you'll grab it or if you practice you can grab it when it semi in the air when diddy throws it.

in essence diddy-bananas=sub par charecter

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
i dont know if anyone said this i dont like to bother reading when im in a rush but you should make your aim to grab the bananas ways to acomplish this is by grabing them in the air when diddy tosses them

in the air you can catch them by just being near them and air dodgeing a more risky way to do it this by attacking however you recieve a nice offencive bonus though you should practice

on the ground you can press a near them (in any fashion) or to be flashy you can be near them and side step you'll grab it or if you practice you can grab it when it semi in the air when diddy throws it.

in essence diddy-bananas=sub par charecter
soul ark where have you been? Lol I haven't seen you post on here in like forever.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
Diddy match-up is 50-50. i wish i recorded my mtahces with NinjaLink. we play each other alot and tend to go back and forth in the Fox - Diddy match-up... Definitly...

1. Learn to play with the bananas, fox is extremely good with an item in his hand.
2. Peanuts can be broken easily
3. Don't abuse reflector, it'll only slow you down
4. Hand to hand fighting, Fox is better, faster
5. Pay attention to how a diddy recovers, it's possible to gimp him badly especially if you have a banana
6. SHDL is good
7. Diddy is fairly light so upsmash does justice

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
Diddy match-up is 50-50. i wish i recorded my mtahces with NinjaLink. we play each other alot and tend to go back and forth in the Fox - Diddy match-up... Definitly...

1. Learn to play with the bananas, fox is extremely good with an item in his hand.
2. Peanuts can be broken easily
3. Don't abuse reflector, it'll only slow you down
4. Hand to hand fighting, Fox is better, faster
5. Pay attention to how a diddy recovers, it's possible to gimp him badly especially if you have a banana
6. SHDL is good
7. Diddy is fairly light so upsmash does justice
Just to point out that for point 1, Fox also does super awesome with ZSS' armor pieces so bananas are also a very effective Fox tool.

Dark Deku

Smash Apprentice
Some people might think this match up is easy with Fox...But for some reason I cant seem to beat a Good Diddy player Those Bananas completely destroy me, I use the shine a lot but only helps for a sec. cuz He will juss pick it up an throw it back making me slip..I cant Roll left or right cuz there is alwayz banana in the way, So I Tap A to get up then I get punished for it cuz he know What iam gonna do :mad:

I guess I juss need to learn those bananas or counter pick to falco :dizzy:

Anywayz Any tips will Help and greatly appreciated Thankz guyz!!!
I feel your pain. I hate his bananas so much.

M@v

Subarashii!
I just want to point out that diddy is broken as hell on luigi's mansion. his up b explodes on impact with the ceiling, and it hits people on the next floor and within a good radius on him. Worse yet, it has little statup and end lag. Basically, he can chain it from other attacks.

Samigi

Smash Cadet
You have to play mindgames with the person. I use Diddy more often than Fox because he's good against more characters. I can't just throw the bananas right in front of the person. They'll see it coming, dodge or pick it up. Fool the Diddy into throwing the banana into your favor. Take advantage of the fact that Diddy can't has no killing moves.

2pac29

Smash Apprentice
Diddy dose Have kill move F-smash,D-smash, Fair,Dair ...not to mention The barrel spike...
I just think that dealing with 1 banana is hard enough, but 2 is just stupid hard

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Diddy dose Have kill move F-smash,D-smash, Fair,Dair ...not to mention The barrel spike...
I just think that dealing with 1 banana is hard enough, but 2 is just stupid hard
One word: Practice.

Top Bottom