• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy!!!

Zorai

Smash Journeyman
NNID
x_Zorai
Aerials help greatly.

^v Contradiction?

o_O also you can always choose Falco. =3
Contradiction much?
Fox has better aerials.
Falco has D-Throw.
Fox has a better and faster shine.
Falco has bread.

Fox is the better match-up on Diddy.

Mattmiston

Smash Apprentice
Contradiction much?
Fox has better aerials.
Falco has D-Throw.
Falco has bread.

Just visiting the fox boards, and in my experience, that is false.

Fox's reflector makes the bananas become Fox's, but Falco's reflector does that and often bounces the banana back at Diddy. Falco's lasers are more detrimental to Diddy's momentum (as it completely stops Diddy). Falco has CG's, which aren't particular against Diddy, but they still help a lot

Zorai

Smash Journeyman
NNID
x_Zorai
Just visiting the fox boards, and in my experience, that is false.

Fox's reflector makes the bananas become Fox's, but Falco's reflector does that and often bounces the banana back at Diddy. Falco's lasers are more detrimental to Diddy's momentum (as it completely stops Diddy). Falco has CG's, which aren't particular against Diddy, but they still help a lot
I would sacrifice that small toss for speed; I'm not sure about you, however.

RPK

Smash Lord
Thankz Man I Play with Some of the best diddys In California And They alwayz wreck Me...
Well I play with THEE N3nerz. :3 Well...Not really...I do hang out with the guy constantly but I havent fought his Diddy in months...

By the way...Falco should destroy Diddy...Why? Because of the following...

Chain grab->Spike off stage
Falco grabs the ledge
Diddy charges up b and attempts to recover
Falco lets go and just does a falling Bair, hitting Diddy mid flight and gimping him.
Falco regrabs the ledge and can do it again if necessary...

Mattmiston

Smash Apprentice
The small toss is a lot more monumental than you might think... Diddy without banana control has much less ways to approach and is easily pressured and outdone. Maybe your playstyle is different, I'm just giving my opinion, and I think Falcos are a LOT tougher for Diddy than Fox is; just my experience.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
That "small toss" is one of the reasons Diddy is good. Do you just talk or do you actually base you're post off of facts? Look at things,rescreach before you say something you're not an expert on. Thank you. :)

Zorai

Smash Journeyman
NNID
x_Zorai
That "small toss" is one of the reasons Diddy is good. Do you just talk or do you actually base you're post off of facts? Look at things,rescreach before you say something you're not an expert on. Thank you. :)
I was refering "small toss" as the distance that Falco's shine reflects nanas, not Diddy's Glide Toss. >.>

Read my discussion with Mattmiston before you decide to have a forum attack on me. Phailed.
"Don't be a hero, kid." Because you will phail.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I was refering "small toss" as the distance that Falco's shine reflects nanas, not Diddy's Glide Toss. >.>

Read my discussion with Mattmiston before you decide to have a forum attack on me. Phailed.
"Don't be a hero, kid." Because you will phail.
Super Hero! anyways this my last post I'm wasting agruing with you.. Something about Falco must make him top tier... and his reflector has advantages that small toss with actually help.End.

Let's move with this online community now.

ADHD

Smash Hero
falco is only 55-45 in his favor against diddy if you know what to do... its my favorite matchup lately and i love to prove people wrong that it is DEFINITELY not his hardest matchup, or a one diddys should struggle with

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
falco is only 55-45 in his favor against diddy if you know what to do... its my favorite matchup lately and i love to prove people wrong that it is DEFINITELY not his hardest matchup, or a one diddys should struggle with
Sorry I was just making a point if I offended you or the diddy boards I aplogize.

Mattmiston

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I was just making a point if I offended you or the diddy boards I aplogize.
haha, you didn't, it's good, just that the Falco match up IS quite difficult for me.

And, I know Chrome that you're good with the match up, but honestly, IMO, Diddy's ingredients of a character are not good against Falco. I'd talk about it more, but I think this thread has been derailed enough...

Fox vs. Diddy, just, camp the hell out of him, and this is one of the times that FD isn't quite as advantageous for Diddy. You probably already know that your recovery can get gimped by Diddy's peanuts, but I'm not sure of the solution to that.

goldemblem

Smash Apprentice
just don't let the diddy get his game on, when his bananas are out and Diddy is in control he will **** you, you have to mess up with him and apply your own game, it's hard against a good diddy player but you should always try to put some pressure on him, try feints, empty air dodges, nairs and try to take him into the air where fox is better than diddy, be unpredictable and don't give diddy time to set up and get his mojo going XD

2pac29

Smash Apprentice
Well I play with THEE N3nerz. :3 Well...Not really...I do hang out with the guy constantly but I havent fought his Diddy in months..
Yea I play Nanerz Alot,Also tc1 and Qtp they Alwayz destroy me ...
I know Falco is so post to **** diddy but when you play ppl like them its better off going with fox...

Dyyne

Smash Ace
Contradiction much?
Fox has better aerials.
Falco has D-Throw.
Falco has bread.

Fox's shine isn't better in that respect. Falco's shine's hitbox is in front of him, stopping a thrown banana, and a diddy that glide tossed it. Fox's plops it right in front of him, which is much easier to avoid.

Also, falco has the longest (I think the longest, if not, it's still far as ****) glidetoss in the game, so bananas are more useful for him than they are for fox.
Sorry to go off topic again.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
It seems like the lasers alone would make Falco the harder match here, as it definitely slows the diddy down...

BUT I'm not going to get into that discussion. This is about Fox vs Diddy...

Don't rely too much on shine, actually... that's a huge downfall of Fox here... You can pull it every once in a while to throw the Diddy off, but if you rely on it, there's really nothing to stop the Diddy from glide tossing the Banana up, and getting a free fsmash / grab... : /

Basically, SH Fair is incredible for Fox in this match... it allows you to pick up a banana without being vulnerable.... yeah, use it... learn to make it lagless.

After that, Diddy dies early, and is pretty gimpable with rising Dairs to semi-spike to falling nairs to stop the barrels...

And if the peanuts actually stop Fox's recovery here, he deserves to die... that's completely avoidable, and really, should almost never work.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
I just recently played Aryman's Diddy, and the matchup seemed to be pretty even, its just aryman kept winning because he's just the better player. Other than that, it's pretty even. The tripping pissed me off SOOOOO much though. I left the room before i broke something.

Top Bottom