• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong's Barrels of Matchups~ Character #4~ Princess Peach

DFEAR

Smash Hero

Regardless though, all Peach can do is dair, FC, nair (shield poker), and fair. Once u catch on to how that player utilizes those 4 movements, itz easy to counter.

Now a Peach who can work the air and the ground simultaneously can pose a much larger threat.
this... the only peaches ive faced thus far are kyon/flatsoda dunno how they are as peaches but i felt rather comfortable fighting them o.o. comfortable in a sense where i nullified there air game through predicted jumps (punish with a buffered fair) or a sh thrown banana>follow up with an air attack or wait for them to touch the ground and depending on the situation/opponents defensive style/placement of other banana> tech chase.

tho i think its still hard :\

Dekar173

Justice Man
Instant turniping Peaches are annoying lol.

Remember, odds are the Peach is NOT going to airdodge. This means bait an aerial and tech chase, and even if she does airdodge, its so horrendous/vulnerable that you're going to be able to punish, even if you were expecting an aerial instead.

Learn the timing to ledgehog the parasol, if you get up attack (even below 100%) while the parasol is floating down, she will fall to her death.

Also remember that she is vulnerable from behind when upBing into the ledge, meaning you can drop and do a bair, or dthrow a naner > bair for the stage spike.

Diddy hump off stage is amazing, simply because her vertical recovery is garbage.

Dedicate ALL of your ledgeguarding time into not racking up damage, but gimping, and it'll flip this match-up for you.

ADHD

Smash Hero
We lose because w can't punish her moves like any other character conventionally, she has so little lag. However, since she loves aerials, we can use whatever we use to combat enemies out of the air to beat her. If someone can rely on that soley and focus on anti-aerial tactics, then he should win.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
we can use whatever we use to combat enemies out of the air to beat her. If someone can rely on that soley and focus on anti-aerial tactics, then he should win.
flatsoda should read this **** :p

btw her jab is very UGH WTF...

would a peach that has mastered the ground game be a threat?

ADHD

Smash Hero
flatsoda should read this **** :p

btw her jab is very UGH WTF...

would a peach that has mastered the ground game be a threat?
Her ground game is terrible. Just try to running shield with her XD.

And it's risky to try to punish the dair with anything other than a spaced fair or up tilt, one of the hits might clash. It's pretty hard to time.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
I thought Peaches break peanuts with Dairs...but that's besides the point, peanuts aren't suppose to hit people, just provoke actions and allow you to punish with Fair...

Gnes

Smash Master
Her ground game is terrible. Just try to running shield with her XD.

And it's risky to try to punish the dair with anything other than a spaced fair or up tilt, one of the hits might clash. It's pretty hard to time.
2 frame jab

GG

Punish her dair with up smash....meaning before she starts dairing up smash(or after the first cycle of dair). No other OoS options work.

OmegaExile

Smash Cadet
anyone who says this MU is in Diddy's favour hasn't faced any skilled peaches
i'd say 60:40 in peaches favour simply becoz our options are so limited

however, 1 thing that seems to work wonders is: backwards GT down -> Fair

Jokes

Smash Cadet
anyone who says this MU is in Diddy's favour hasn't faced any skilled peaches
i'd say 60:40 in peaches favour simply becoz our options are so limited

however, 1 thing that seems to work wonders is: backwards GT down -> Fair
<------ Troll

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
the matchup is even. Peach has predictable options for K.O.'s. Diddy's fair, peanuts, and shield tilted up kinda ruin the whole floating dair thing.

Dekar173

Justice Man
You can also DI out of Peach's dair >.>

What's truly scary are her frame traps. She's a biatch.

It's even, or in Diddy's favor, her recovery is too bad.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Yes, but upB is probably better just because it always works o.o

if she's at 0-60 though it's not a good idea, because you're asking for a trade. Imo, just DI out of the dair or don't get hit with it at all.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
UpB? will it trade as in explode trade? or like trade like just kick off my barrels trade. and dood o.o upb is that good against dair o.o never would of dared to try

also after she finishes dair'n my shield is it true she can just nair into jab punish free?or can i punish the nair with a powershield grab?

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
Just look at her frame data. To nair your shield she has to be at your height, so you can just grab before it comes out. If the nair hits your shield you proberbly can't shieldgrab but it has enough landing lag for you to sh fair oos before she can jab/shield.

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
The timing is ridiculously tight though so just count the hits on the dair or just don't let het get in that position.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
What if you angle the foward tilt up. Would that solve the problem of Peach consantly floating in the air?

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
I'm saying within your range. That way, you wouldn't have to jump and then use the fair. Not a whole lot of players wouldn't react to a forward tilt. It actually worked on one of the Peach players yesterday.

Just my opinion that's all.

tibs7

Smash Champion
why would you up B?
i think you can SDI her dair and do fair/uair, otherwise uptilt OoS shield should be ok.
our side B is really **** against her. pretty much use everytime she pulls a turnip.
and yeah ofcourse fair kills her. the occasional peanut doesnt hurt either :)
i havent read anything thats been said so sorry if this is all repeated shiz :S

TreK

Is "that guy"
why utilt oos when you can usmash ? It does 10 more damages and comes out on frame 5 huh...

edit : fair just won't work against good peaches =/

tibs7

Smash Champion
Fair does work.....it's an unbelievable move, you just have to bait better than her.

Would doing an upsmash or uptilt after dair depend on where she finishes her move. As in if she's behind that = upsmash, if infront = uptilt.

TreK

Is "that guy"
usmash hits in front too, but doesn't have a 13 frames long startup time (7 for the shield drop, 6 for the utilt... usmash hits on frame 5 and since it's oos, no shield drop here).

The only reason I'd spam it less would be... Can Peach nair out of our usmash ?

As for the fair, you are probably right, the Peach I play is n°3 on the French PR, and I'm like 25th so I'm not usually the one baiting him '^^

tibs7

Smash Champion
I thought the hitbox came from the back the first :/. Soz my mistake.
Also everyone here sdi's that upsmash so I don't really like it :(

DFEAR

Smash Hero
sdi... usmash... YOU MONSTERS o_O
yea upsmash is pointless in sfl as well :\

i think matchup is 50-50

two complete polar opposite characters cannot possibly counter each other..it just means they are balanced. lol peach boards think we has slight advantage lawl

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
The match up is 60-40... or 55-45 Peach's favor. I fought Dekar in some friendlies and that was the conclusion I came to. :)

Top Bottom