• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong's Barrels of Matchups~ Character #4~ Princess Peach

DFEAR

Smash Hero

Discuss Princess Peach. Input as MUCH info as needed + the following.

Both Characters Air Game Against Each Other:
Both Characters Ground Game Against Each Other:
Moves To Avoid and HOW to avoid them:
Diddy's Moves to Utilize In The Matchup:
Personal Strategies To Help With Matchup:
Overall Character Ratio:

Nitrix

Smash Ace
This matchup is tough since Diddy's banana game is so linear in nature.
Diddy has to worry about keeping Peach out of the air, which is very tough to do. Against beginner Peaches the Peanut Gun works wonders since it can knock them out of the air quite easily and leave them vulnerable to the bananas. However, I believe Peach's N-Air can cancel them out and spamming the gun may lead to punishment since Peach's D-Air (even when you see it coming) and F-Air are so good.

ADHD

Smash Hero
SDI her dairs upwards and sometimes a uair will pop out and hit her. Also don't bother trying to punish her jabs after the fair on your shield. Utilt is a beast in this matchup if she is trying to dair you from above.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
I don't think the Diddy Boards are collectively ready to discuss this match-up. I've probably been the only person with any recent and significant exposure to it.

Shoulda done Falco since that's what people have been clamoring for in recent weeks.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I don't think the Diddy Boards are collectively ready to discuss this match-up. I've probably been the only person with any recent and significant exposure to it.

Shoulda done Falco since that's what people have been clamoring for in recent weeks.
Falco is fun

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Jab to grab to cg to spike. Camp with lasers and then run away with side b.

Yes really fun. <_<

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
Lol cause you guys don't gotta worry about Falcos like Larry and sk92 out there.

Anyways, I have too much practice in this match-up thanks to Sky, so I'll edit this post up in a bit with as much info as I can give =]

DFEAR

Smash Hero
ok this matchup is going no where im going to bump this later when the time is right i assume....(just remind me when that is xD...) im gonna post another matchup thread to make up for this dead one.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Wish I could contribute more, the Peach I play is at heart a Weegee main :(
tell him to post on the matchup thread then pls...we need their side their helpful hints as well o.o

edit:

no more posts in this thread unless pertaining to peach PLEASE

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I'm almost positive if you PS Fair it's a grab, regardless of how quick her jabs are.

I've honestly found just avoiding her floats and starting up the banana combo's as soon as she hits the ground to be the best strat... as much as I hate Camping it feels really important in this one.

SH Banana to Instant Glide Toss is too good in this match up if you have your banana's positioned for it.

b1anK

Smash Apprentice
Predicting where she lands and placing bananas is definitely key

Once you get her out of the air it's your game.

Her vertical recovery isn't that great either so gimps can occur.

55-45 Diddy?

Player-1

Smash Legend
Predicting where she lands and placing bananas is definitely key

Once you get her out of the air it's your game.

Her vertical recovery isn't that great either so gimps can occur.

55-45 Diddy?
llollollollollollollolloll

that is all

b1anK

Smash Apprentice
lol i was just being very brief

There's not many peaches to play, i think we can all agree on that.

So deciding things in this matchup can be tough.

lol be nice

at g0hst: how do expect to get her out of the air?
What I've tried to when playing my friends Peach (which isn't that great, he's a true Lucario main) is baiting the land and having both naners out at all times. This works on him but then again he's not a true Peach main so what I'm saying COULD be competely wrong lol. Just trying to input where I can. :lick:

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Both Characters Air Game Against Each Other:

Air game adv. goes to Peach. Her Dair is one of the best in my opinions b/c they set up for easy dair-->nair combo. Also her air game is way better seeing as her fair has broken hitbox and can kill very well in contrast to Diddy's fair.

Both Characters Ground Game Against Each Other:

Ground game goes to Diddy because of the nanaz obviously but that approach is relatively hard to get off for Peach players are gonna remain airborne majority of the match. However with the popgun, it can limit the her constant air game and potentially set-up for some naner action. Peach has a fast neutral A and can be a bit annoying and her fsmash is broken as well, along with kill power depending on item she uses. Peach's turnips can be used to buffer against the nanerz and she can glide toss.

Moves To Avoid and HOW to avoid them:

The move mostly to avoid is the Peach's dair because it can get frustrating shielding it and then when u think itz over get hit with an immediate nair. Also Diddy players should be cautious upon getting hit by the fair. Although it may seem ur at safe distance, you could end up getting hit by itz broken hitbox. Precautions against these, moves would be to utilize ur pop-gun to consantly ground her. You could also try SH naner throw or predict the timing for her floating to end and punish. I count at least sec. duration of float time.

Diddy's Moves to Utilize In The Matchup:

Pop-gun, nanerz, and patience (if you decide to play a little defensive to let her come to you).

Personal Strategies To Help With Matchup:

I utilize the pop-gun to ground Peach and distance myself so I don't get hit easily daired or faired. And sometimez I SH--->throw naner to mix up a little so they don't get used to the pop-gun so much.

Overall Character Ratio: 55-45 Diddy's favor

Count

Smash Champion
You guys, stop being silly.

This is nowhere near diddy's favor, 6-4 peach at best.

All here moves are lagless, and she is difficult to get grounded.

She just has to nair the peanuts, etc. Against peach my best bet is to poke fairs in but it is difficult due to her fair/nair.

Anyway I'm sure this stuff was already said but I was just dismissing the silliness of the recent posts claiming the matchup in diddy's favor. Possibly our worst matchup, if not its right up there with wiigii.

/edit also the obvious fact that sh dair owns us even with solid sdi :(

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
LOL I played a peach player 2 minutes ago on WiFi. It was intense :)

SHE IS GOING TO BE IN THE AIR 99% OF THE TIME and it is really annoying. Always have two bananas near you (if you have time). Use a banana to hit her from floating and use the next one to trip her. Her Dair is as annoying as Bananas, do what ADHD (I think thats who said it) said and SDI up and hope for a Uair. Peanuts are REALLY important in this matchup, use them and Shield Cancel out of them alot. Dtilt works great! Spam it alot when she is floating close to the ground and coming after you. use Dtilt if she is floating near the ground, Utilt when she is floating above, Ftilt up when mid-range.
Grabs are sweet, but use them conservitively, I did it alot and she just figured it out :(

IMO it's 50-50/55-45 Diddy adv. because her air game is no joke

(This is what worked for me which means it might not for you.)

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Peach...eww.

Like, I haven't really played a notable one (at least one that knew the MU) but from what I can theorycraft (lol) it's a pretty bad match-up.

She's going to be floating a lot. If you hit her with one banana in the air (like if she's floating right above the ground) you won't have time to trip her with the second. Her N-air beats peanuts, and all of her aerials float cancel. She can N-air, and right as the hit-box hits you, float-cancel her N-air and jab. It's a combo that only works on low percents I believe, and it's not really a killer in the MU, but it's just to demonstrated her float cancelling abilities. She can hit you with B-air and float cancel it so that it ends right as the hitbox comes out, then shield or choose to float again and be virtually unpunishable. Instead of doing U-air to U-air to U-air in a float, she can float cancel U-air to float cancel U-air to float cancel U-air, and it's much quicker.

She doesn't have good speed on the ground or in the air, so her approach is predictable, or at the least slow. However, there isn't too much you can do about it, it seems. Peanuts are beaten by FC N-airs/shields, banana throws are beaten by FC N-airs/FC F-airs. F-airs and Monkey Flip Kicks are good, they might be beaten by N-airs (not sure) and turnips (she can float and do aerials with a turnip in hand).

I'm not too knowledgable in the MU, to be honest.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
You guys, stop being silly.

This is nowhere near diddy's favor, 6-4 peach at best.

All here moves are lagless, and she is difficult to get grounded.

She just has to nair the peanuts, etc. Against peach my best bet is to poke fairs in but it is difficult due to her fair/nair.

Anyway I'm sure this stuff was already said but I was just dismissing the silliness of the recent posts claiming the matchup in diddy's favor. Possibly our worst matchup, if not its right up there with wiigii.

/edit also the obvious fact that sh dair owns us even with solid sdi :(

Good point..but itz just that I haven't fought any really good Peach players, so this is only from my exp. and strategy around her game.

Just in my game against her it felt like 55-45 in Diddy's favor.

But overall you point out her lagless moveset that i completely overlooked. So that changes everything so switch that to Peach's favor.

ADHD

Smash Hero
The dair is the main thing that diddy has trouble with. If she's floating directly above your shield and dairs, punish the lag while she's in the air with a SH uair out of shield. Smarter peaches will prevent this from happening by trying to shield poke you with her falling nair after the floating dair, but you can tilt your shield up to completely stop this tactic then bair/grab her or whatnot. Don't ever try to punish the fair directly on your shield, just jump away or roll backwards. Don't recover from below, ever. She can gimp your barrels with a turnip, or banana. Just worry about dair, and you should be fine.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I think I heard this somewhere from someone.

Peach ***** diddy when she's in the air vs diddy kong on the ground
Peach ***** diddy when she's on the ground vs diddy kong in the air

But diddy can try go even in the air (DONT USE AERIALS WITHOUT MOMENTUM, peach will just retreat and fair/nair) and definitely beats her when they're both on the ground, cept jab is REAL GAY.

I dont know if the peach im playing sucks, but side b works well when I use it. Should it work well? I use it a lot after a SHthrow.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
lol theorycrafting time.

If Peach is floating above you and D-airs you while you're in your shield, can't she FC D-air behind your shield, then FC B-air to pressure it (well, "pressure" it) or just shieldgrab you (in case you OoS B-air or U-smash) or shield or something?

Gnes

Smash Master
lol theorycrafting time.

If Peach is floating above you and D-airs you while you're in your shield, can't she FC D-air behind your shield, then FC B-air to pressure it (well, "pressure" it) or just shieldgrab you (in case you OoS B-air or U-smash) or shield or something?
She can...She can also FC dair to another dair and repeat until ur smart enough to get out of there...If she does it in front of your shield up smash oos hitbox wont hit her(fyi)

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Even though we know she can float cancel,stays in the air majority of time, and dairs to no end to set up the rest of her combos, doesn't it make it easier to predict how Peach players are gonna play and therefore counter it.

I just fought a good Peach at my local today and all I did was SH throw nana or just bair (b/c I could tell when the fair or naor was coming) which made me able to keep her grounded to get off some damage. Even though he got me with dair sometimes, i was able to come out on top and win.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
I saw that Peach, and personally I didn't think it was THAT good, pretty decent though.

Regardless though, all Peach can do is dair, FC, nair (shield poker), and fair. Once u catch on to how that player utilizes those 4 movements, itz easy to counter.

Now a Peach who can work the air and the ground simultaneously can pose a much larger threat.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Peach can do an instant float (jumping with Y or X and holding down analog as they jump) and an aerial like N-air to easily catch your bananas on the ground.

:/

It is true that if ALL they're doing is floating, it's easier for you to predict. But she can transition from the air to the ground quickly. If she F-airs or just randomly does an aerial, you can F-air, B-air and monkey flip kick to punish her.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
You kinda have to play peach like wario.. punish everytime they land watch out for dair combos, they are in the air the entire match...

Throwing bananas up to limit aerial movement..

Although trading hits in this matchup isn't costly like it is for wario because peach is pretty light.

Try and bait them to land and uair and fair are very useful.

IMO 45-55 Peachs favor

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
I almost always wait for players to land before throwing a naner b/c more than likely if you throw it sooner it'll be a waste of a good naner toss.

win_ftw

Smash Cadet
monkey kick has been my best friend against floaty peaches. cause you can do it with a nana to set up a trip right after.

flytai45

Smash Rookie
I haven't played this person recently but i do play a very good peach player rather frequently and from what I can remember aside from everything else you guys have stated, sheild grabbing her ariels while she floats and tossing her away can give you time to pluck 2 bananas. then you can try to hit her out of the air or just wait till she lands. but the oppurtunity for a sheild grabbed arial is very rare since they will either camp you out, attack from a higher distance off the ground or just avoid attacking your sheild in general and start farming for stitchface

Top Bottom