• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong's Balloon Blast [Diddy Matchup Index]

Vega4

Smash Ace
where'd you hear that? I haven't ever lost to our state's best snake =p
Then prob he sucks too... Just kidding.

I just heard that, can't say who told me cause' that person said that you could punch him or something.

I still think that the best option is doing first the discussion of worst match-ups for Diddy, those are the critical ones, the others can wait...

:phone:

Player-1

Smash Legend
I haven't lost to a Snake in tournament since the Summer of 2009. I've lost a couple of games, but not the set.

Sails

Smash Ace
Snake discussion is open! Looks like Random.org decided to save Meta Knight for last...
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=302532

While I'm somewhat disappointed that the IC's thread didn't get a ton of discussion, it seemed to be fairly unanimous in opinion. Matchup summaries will be added for Wario/IC's at a future date, for I have a tournament to attend in the morning. Also, the schedule for MU threads has shifted to Sundays, simply because of tournaments.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Are we going to do a page for the ditto? Obviously there wouldn't be a ratio but information, tips, and how to deal with other Diddy mains is still useful information.

Vega4

Smash Ace
Are we going to do a page for the ditto? Obviously there wouldn't be a ratio but information, tips, and how to deal with other Diddy mains is still useful information.
+1
That is an important match up.

Vega4

Smash Ace
Hey, Sails, what do you think about put in every match-up sumary two or three videos of Diddy top player vs Other char Top player that shows a good way to face that match...

Boofy!

Smash Champion
i'm amazing at finding videos to display matchups, and different ways to play said matchup. I'll start posting them with my crappy writeups haha

Count

Smash Champion
I meant to post that in the snake specific thread but either I was an idiot or my phone messed up. Or both. I don't really mind YI vs MK either though. I've gone through a lot of goofy stagelists here in the midwest so I used to have to strike to YI for the first neutral against mk. It can almost work to your advantage because if mk is trying to temporarily air camp in that little area where it is hard to hit him in front of you and above you, the platform can give him problems depending on how high up he is. The ledge helps recovery sometimes too in situations, but it can also hurt you...the more I play the stage the more I think it really isn't a terrible stage for diddy, especially in certain matchups (like snake)

Sails

Smash Ace
wtf who ever said that YI was a terrible stage for diddy is ********.
It's far from terrible, but it's not great either. Simple smash followups out of banana hits can be hurt by the angles, and in some matchups it can be pretty tough to maintain control of the center.

Edit: Meta Knight thread is open.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
yi island is a terrible stage for diddy and is ********. lylat and pokemon are x1000 better if you can't get BF or SV.

Sails

Smash Ace
I think I'm going to give up on writing post-discussion matchup summaries. The threads are short enough to be skimmed through for important looking posts, and I've been very mentally drained lately over a lot of life drama. Every time I go to write one, I start it and can't think.

Sails

Smash Ace
Made a simplistic little ratio list for quick reference. Will be updating it at the same URL as well, so it'll always be the latest if you decide to link it somewhere.

AfroChimp

Smash Cadet
diddy's u-air covers most of TL's air options, he can also SDI out of the first hit of TL's fsmash and bair him and banana's can **** tl's landing which is what u do to win the mu. but on the other side tl has better oos, and gives shield pressure, i just think it's even from my experience

Player-1

Smash Legend
So you're dumb. Uair doesn't have that much range at all and a **** load of cool down lag, GL getting past a good TL spacing his sword right.

Top Bottom