• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong's Balloon Blast [Diddy Matchup Index]

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Zinoto when are you planning to start new discussion's? =)
wondering if we can get some important mu's done.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
So, the :peach: match up is wrapping up and it looks as if the general consensus is even.
Are there any recommendations for the next match up to be discussed?

Zinoto

Smash Lord
you don't update the main post card's?
I pm'd Sails, he's gonna update the cards with the ratio. He's also going to do the Toon Link one as well.

EDIT: INDEX HAS BEEN UPDATED!!!

Some ideas for the next discussion are :pikachu2:, :gw:, :kirby2:

TreK

Is "that guy"
Pika sounds interesting, that rat evolved so much in the past year. Gaw and Kirby not so much, or did I miss something ?

RiverDB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiVerDB
My vote also goes to pika, i might be helpfull with a MU discussion once.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
So i messaged Sails to end the :pikachu2: match up discussion. What match up do the boards propose to be next?

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Zinoto what is actualy the ratio for diddy-pika?
I gues +1 for us

and Imo dk should be interesting
I can help here I think
I did main dk myself.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
It's +1 for us. Pika's main problem is with range. Once we get into mid range, a lot of Pika's options become unsafe, and even the safe ones (if not used correctly) can be punished by banana --> craziness.

Schwa

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, after that we could do midtiers. I know a bit about Sheik and DK cuz I play vs those quite often. Has the Pit MU been discussed before btw? Maybe we should discuss him since he moved up a bit on the new tier list.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Yeah, there's has been a lot of activity in the top tier lately so we may have to check our facts again. I'm all for Oli, he's a good one to start with.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
I just posted the IC rediscussion thread. Sorry it took so long, to be honest I forgot about it. If any of you notice me taking too long for anything just shoot me a PM or something and I'll get on it, no reason for me to be so late.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
For the record, I can see Olimar beating Diddy from my past, really old experience, but nobody has mained Olimar in my area for a long time for me to have first-hand experience anymore

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Alright so IC-Diddy will be posted as -1 :diddy:.

What MU should we discuss next? Personally, I vote for either rediscussing :falco: or moving on to the :rob:/:luigi2: MU.

joshcorris

Smash Cadet
The information in here seems to be generally very good, at least when I can understand what's being said. I think alot of these matchup descriptions, however, suffer an overuse of jargon, acronyms, an gramatical errors so severe that I sometimes have greatly difficulty understanding what's being said. Not trying to sound pedagogical, but i do think some added effort should be made to ensure that the information provided is reader-friendly, especially for people, such as myself, who are relatively new to the competetive scene. But, overall, very good stuff, I agree with the final desicion on every matchup so far.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
The information in here seems to be generally very good, at least when I can understand what's being said. I think alot of these matchup descriptions, however, suffer an overuse of jargon, acronyms, an gramatical errors so severe that I sometimes have greatly difficulty understanding what's being said. Not trying to sound pedagogical, but i do think some added effort should be made to ensure that the information provided is reader-friendly, especially for people, such as myself, who are relatively new to the competetive scene. But, overall, very good stuff, I agree with the final desicion on every matchup so far.
Welcome to the boards! I feel it would be prudent to direct you here:

The Diddy Kongpendium
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=236290

In that thread there is an entire section about commonly used phrases and acronyms on the boards. Considering how long Brawl has been out and how dead it's becoming, I don't think you'll be able to convince people to start posting differently at this point. Hopefully this will help you understand what we're saying!

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Now that all of my summer tournament running is just about over, we should continue this. I'm gonna update this and open up a new character thread for this soon.

:phone:

Top Bottom