• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Tournament Results Thread

dj asakura

Smash Ace
Tied for 193rd with everyone else who got double eliminated at MLG Columbus -_-

I shouldn't have used IC's in my first round, I ended up switching to Diddy on day 2 and lost to a Wolf pretty much only because a really good player was telling him what to do between every match and I lost last hit of the 3rd game. *johns*

On the other hand, I'm maining Diddy again because he's way more fun and I really like using him.

*rant*

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
9/39 @ Don't Blink 4 06/19/10

50% Diddy 50% Ice Climbers

Edit:

3/6 @ Return of Summer Tourney 06/26/10

Low turnout so I dunno if you count it or not, but you can put it under my name anyways lol

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
hey guys I usually don't post here in diddy boards, but I decided I'll start posting vids and results here as well (active in ness boards).
last two tourneys:
SBHMXXII 6/27/10 - Honolulu, Hawaii
4th out of 21 people (used ness and diddy)

SBHMXXI 05/30/2010
3rd out of 29 people (used ness and diddy)

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
i kinda play ic's
i figured out how to chain throw by myself in like 15 minutes, its just different timing for each character when you chain throw them

they aren't that incompatible, cept I don't really approach with ic's, i shoot more ice blocks
once you get that first grab tho, its basically over, just like getting combos with diddy

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
I've always wanted to secondary/main IC's along with Diddy. How do you find the crossover? Did it take a lot of practice to get used to? Just curious.
Well, its a funny story actually XD.

I started out as a Diddy main, and I would practice with my brother all the time. I hadn't been to a RL tournament at this point. Pretty soon I started to find out how the chaingrabs with Ice Climbers worked and I started to learn them. Around this time I started practicing on wifi aswell. Eventually I decided I would go 100% Ice Climbers, even though I didn't use them online because I couldn't chaingrab.

However...my brother started not enjoying fighting my Ice Climbers (I don't blame him XD) so my only practice left was Wifi... My only option was to revert back to Diddy to practice the game at all. So I learned Diddy all over again.

I eventually started going to real life tournaments and started liking the Ice Climbers again so I now use them in certain matchups that I don't like with Diddy.

I use Ice Climbers on:

-Metaknight
-Diddy
-Falco
-Dedede
-Sometimes Pikachu...depending on how confident I am feeling with Diddy.
-Olimar
-Kirby
-Sometims Wolf

I use Diddy on everyone else. I mainly just use Ice Climbers against those certain characters because of matchup experience. I know how to fight Metaknight with Ice Climbers, but I've never really practiced it with Diddy too much, so I just stick with what I know.

The best part about joint maining Ice Climbers and Diddy is that you never have to play dittos! Playing other Diddys as Ice Climbers is the most fun you will ever have. Instant throw naners back at them to combo into chaingrabs, being able to use the bananas and stuff overall helps the matchup sooo much, and I personally believe the matchup is 60:40 in favore of Ice Climbers if you have good banana control.

Basically I just enjoy playing Diddy and Ice Climbers, so I practice them both. It takes alot of practice because they are both pretty technical, but it is doable, and alot of fun:)

redrighthand

Smash Apprentice
Well, its a funny story actually XD.

I started out as a Diddy main, and I would practice with my brother all the time. I hadn't been to a RL tournament at this point. Pretty soon I started to find out how the chaingrabs with Ice Climbers worked and I started to learn them. Around this time I started practicing on wifi aswell. Eventually I decided I would go 100% Ice Climbers, even though I didn't use them online because I couldn't chaingrab.

However...my brother started not enjoying fighting my Ice Climbers (I don't blame him XD) so my only practice left was Wifi... My only option was to revert back to Diddy to practice the game at all. So I learned Diddy all over again.

I eventually started going to real life tournaments and started liking the Ice Climbers again so I now use them in certain matchups that I don't like with Diddy.

I use Ice Climbers on:

-Metaknight
-Diddy
-Falco
-Dedede
-Sometimes Pikachu...depending on how confident I am feeling with Diddy.
-Olimar
-Kirby
-Sometims Wolf

I use Diddy on everyone else. I mainly just use Ice Climbers against those certain characters because of matchup experience. I know how to fight Metaknight with Ice Climbers, but I've never really practiced it with Diddy too much, so I just stick with what I know.

The best part about joint maining Ice Climbers and Diddy is that you never have to play dittos! Playing other Diddys as Ice Climbers is the most fun you will ever have. Instant throw naners back at them to combo into chaingrabs, being able to use the bananas and stuff overall helps the matchup sooo much, and I personally believe the matchup is 60:40 in favore of Ice Climbers if you have good banana control.

Basically I just enjoy playing Diddy and Ice Climbers, so I practice them both. It takes alot of practice because they are both pretty technical, but it is doable, and alot of fun:)
Thanks for the detailed response man.

What really attracts me (yeah sexytime -.-) is both characters fun playstyle. Been playing Diddy for quite a while now; so I'm not going to drop him, but I'm definitely going to give Ice Climbers a good go. I'll check out the Ice Climbers boards. I know they are itching for new players ;).

Ultimately developing two characters should improve my general tech skill with both; so thats a plus. Time to go practice; to music of course.

TreK

Is "that guy"
great job, it's a shame you didn't make it to the top 8 D:
it's a shame I didn't make it out of pools

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
so i just won a 21 person ITT tech tournament get AT ME

lol i feel like jem got kinda screwed after we made the sets 2/3 lol

Luigi player

Smash Master
gg, it's weird how ramin 6-0'd you, I wanna see the vids now D:
He adapted really well I guess.

Iirc he got a gimp in game 1 and 2, game 3 was really close.
In the 2nd set he beat me again game 1 then I tried out Donkey Kong for the last 2 games and lost both of them. :\

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
4th Annual End of Summer Tournament - 09/18/10
4th/28

My best placing yet, just one away from making money...

Edit:

Play N Trade - 09/25/10

4th/27 in singles
3rd/11 Doubles with YoshQ

Player-1

Smash Legend
I wasn't planning on it,but I will anyway, I got 9th and I heard it was actually out of 103, GDX got 17th, NL got 4th, but used other chars

DFEAR

Smash Hero
lol i got 1st at some random tourney won like 72 bucks xD...smooth bracket lol

DFEAR

Smash Hero
xaltis is mah best fwiend...of course we gonna split lol..i wouldnt jew him

it was a 360 russian split no hang time

Feng Shui

Smash Cadet
>_>

<_<

Tornado Alley Smash, 10/9/10.

Singles: 13/42

Finally a tournament worth reporting for :).

Top Bottom