• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
Nonsense. look in a thesaurus. "set" and "fixed" are SYNONYMS
So are "Flirt" and "Tease." Yet they are different. Synonyms are only slightly similar, they have different connotation's and different subtleties.

"40-45" is no integer ive ever heard ofQUOTE=LightLink17;2795951]f you ever developed anything, you always work out exactly what is possible to do, by mapping out your goals and monetary abilities. They didn't walk in with no plan for the number of characters. This has been said to you several times.
well no they didnt which is why theyre limit has a range...a target range, if you will. if Sakurai says around 40 characters and one character is confirmed, there are STILL "around 40" slots left...hence no fixed value. they plan that range for the sake of including as many iconic/fun-to-play characters. Sakurai's is NOT saying "Diddy is in so i guess we cant put in Olimar now". that is what youre implying and that is what im proving false[/QUOTE]

Blah blah. A set limit doesn't have to be a single number.

About that "there is still around 40 nonsense." No. The way you say it, you might as well have infinite character slots. Slippery slope you know. And for all you know, the inclusion of Diddy COULD cause Olimar to not be in, although probably not.

i was born in England so dont ever try insulting me like that again
And yet I seem to be more English than you. Capitalize your "I" and end your sentences with a period. Use apostrophes. And I mean the symbol, not the figure of speech. I'm not perfect, but sheesh. If you want to make a big deal out of a snide comment...
that was my point. "Exactly 40 characters" implies a FIXED limit... "AROUND 40" does not
Around 40 is fixed. Your idiotic "after one character, there's still around 40 left" is nonsense. That's true, but it doesn't work the way you say it does. After one character, there is a little less than "around 40" not exactly "around 40." If it was exactly "around 40" there'd be no limit, the sentence "around 40" would be meaningless!

Oh, and don't worry RDK. Volrec is just mad because Zippocat's been deconfirmed for Brawl.
I'm sure I've missed something. But anyway, who doesn't love Zippocat?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
eh, i just love the guitar. that was the one instrument (besides Chunky's Triangle, but we all know why we used that) i used often cause it was so badass at the time. and seeing Diddy in here, i want to see his Guitar pulled in

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
You're right. Thanks. I'm not perfect. I have a habit of putting apostrophes at the end of everything that has an "s".

Del Money

Smash Champion
@LightLink17

as fun as it has been debating this with you, it seems youre more concerned with grammatical blunders (which arent really blunders seeing as this isnt a college essay and i could care less about punctuation). this is me typing casually. i dont have to pretend to be smart by proofreading a thread post. if you cant deal with it then thats your problem. correcting me is only succeeding in making yourself look like a worthless assbag.

the "around 40" statements was meant to imply that "around 40" means any number that insignificantly deviates from 40, and thus is arbitrary. do you know what that number is? as smart as you like to think you are, you probably dont. the fact that you took that previous statement and tried to twist it into the meaning that you blatantly knew i was referring to (the infinite "around 40" crap) shows that all youre trying to do is appear funny as well as smart. and the only person supporting you is that fool Volrec.

characters in brawl (with the exception of 3rd party/retro characters) DO NOT take away from the chances of other characters in different franchises PERIOD. if a character was popular, significant enough to their own franchise OVER OTHER REPS FROM THEIR FRANCHISE, or was iconic enough to be in brawl they would be. youre basically saying that (example) Diddy's inclusion has lowered Dark Samus chances. if Dark Samus doesnt get in, its because her OWN franchise has more significant reps and thats all the rep Sakurai will be satisfied with. if he wants more, he'll put more. he's Sakurai, youre not. Game Over.

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
as fun as it has been debating this with you, it seems youre more concerned with grammatical blunders
You're the one who made a big deal out of a stupid comment. Should have just ignored it. You expect me to leave you alone after you get all pissy and claim your English heritage like it makes it more insulting?
(which arent really blunders seeing as this isnt a college essay and i could care less about punctuation).
ya1 spallng iz z0 ovoraetd)
this is me typing casually.
I don't care. I didn't care before you made such a big deal out of nothing. You might as well have said "Make fun of my spelling!"

correcting me is only succeeding in making yourself look like a worthless assbag.
Nope. Producing epic lulz for me. I can reread what I wrote, and laugh. It's hilarious.

the "around 40" statements was meant to imply that "around 40" means any number that insignificantly deviates from 40, and thus is arbitrary.
Do you know what arbitrary means? A number that insignificantly deviates from 40 is not arbitrary. I guess on definition I can pull out of my head fits, but it still seems the wrong word. The more common definitions are completely wrong however.

do you know what that number is? as smart as you like to think you are, you probably dont. the fact that you took that previous statement and tried to twist it into the meaning that you blatantly knew i was referring to (the infinite "around 40" crap) shows that all youre trying to do is appear funny as well as smart.
Um, no. I read words. I use words. And I know that words have meanings. And in the written word, I will read what you write, rather than try to infer what you mean. Not my fault you can't write properly.

and the only person supporting you is that fool Volrec.
He's supporting me? Man, he sure fooled me. It seemed he was making fun of Mr. Kirby for different reasons.

characters in brawl (with the exception of 3rd party/retro characters) DO NOT take away from the chances of other characters in different franchises PERIOD.
I'd like some reasoning for this. You're the only one so far who believes this nonsense. It simply makes no sense that this would be the case. All your talk just doesn't make any sense.

youre basically saying that (example) Diddy's inclusion has lowered Dark Samus chances. if Dark Samus doesnt get in, its because her OWN franchise has more significant reps and thats all the rep Sakurai will be satisfied with.
No. That is a possible reason, but it's also possible that she didn't get in because a more important character from another franchise bumped her out. There is a limit as to what can be done. Obviously.

if he wants more, he'll put more. he's Sakurai, youre not. Game Over.
You're dumb. You can't just wish things to be there. He may be Sakurai, but he's not the one funding this project. He can't afford infinite characters. He doesn't have infinite time. He can't create infinite characters even if he could afford it.

You have no knowledge as to how businesses and production of any kind works do you? Completely missed economics and business management classes, didn't you?

Del Money

Smash Champion
You're the one who made a big deal out of a stupid comment. Should have just ignored it. You expect me to leave you alone after you get all pissy and claim your English heritage like it makes it more insulting?
maybe i should not get "pissy" and just troll like you do. bet thatll give me plus points in your book
ya1 spallng iz z0 ovoraetd)
yeah because thats exactly what i said or what i implied
didnt you say something about spelling?
I can reread what I wrote, and laugh. It's hilarious.
glad youre amuse by something so juvenile. says alot aout your character
Do you know what arbitrary means? A number that insignificantly deviates from 40 is not arbitrary.
depending on HOW insignificantly it deviates (which isnt specified) then YES it is arbitrary
And in the written word, I will read what you write, rather than try to infer what you mean. Not my fault you can't write properly.
this coming from someone who uses "lulz". funny and everyone else on this thread understands my writing. i guess theyre all ******** too
I'd like some reasoning for this. You're the only one so far who believes this nonsense. It simply makes no sense that this would be the case. All your talk just doesn't make any sense.
anyone else think it makes no sense? cuz yesterday i said the same thing and everyone agreed with me and disagreed with you.
You're dumb.
if i was, idbe thinking that Wario in brawl lowers Diddy chances....like you do
You can't just wish things to be there. He may be Sakurai, but he's not the one funding this project. He can't afford infinite characters. He doesn't have infinite time. He can't create infinite characters even if he could afford it.
had i even said any of those thing, you mightve actually had a point on me
You have no knowledge as to how businesses and production of any kind works do you? Completely missed economics and business management classes, didn't you?
seeing as im a Comp Sci/Economics major at an ivy league school, i have to disagree with you. go on, reply. heres come yet another instance of you embarassing yourself

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Talendime said:
Why, oh WHY, did the thread starter have to go and change the name of this topic to "suck it"?
Because I was excited, I'm sorry for being Happy about my favourite character being confirmed?

Talendime said:
Why can't those (me included) who wanted Diddy confirmed just be happy about it?
We're just a hell of a lot happier than you is all

Talendime said:
Look what happened here, look at this frikking ARGUEMENT. Holy....
At least it's better than Diddy 4 Brawl posted over and over again.

freeman123 said:
I hope Diddy's FS is Rambi.
Rambi by himself would be boring, if it was all the real animal buddies (which means all the animal buddies aside from the JB ones) were in it, maybe. But the Guitar Gazzump does seem the most likely.

Lightlink, You have made this thread fun, I don't care if you don't like Diddy, your a good guy in my books.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
for all the peeps who dont know what his poguns look like i have this money shot still hehe

was hoping this would be his final smash.. but now im looking towards him riding the rino or guitar

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wait.....

Didn't diddy use a boombox?

Edit: Never played much of the N64 except multi-player...

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
maybe i should not get "pissy" and just troll like you do. bet thatll give me plus points in your book
I've said this already. If I was trolling, there'd be lolicon and guro everywhere.

yeah because thats exactly what i said or what i implied
You're reactions are more funny than normal.

didnt you say something about spelling?
Yeah. I don't care much about it. It's only because you had to get all uppity about a little comment.

Besides. Lulz is spelled right. Lulz...a corruption of "LOL" which stands for Laugh Out Loud. :laugh:

this coming from someone who uses "lulz". funny and everyone else on this thread understands my writing. i guess theyre all ******** too
No. They don't. Somebody else has already quoted a paragraph from you and commented how it made no sense.
had i even said any of those thing, you mightve actually had a point on me
You said that Sakurai "Could put more" if "He wants more". He can't. So I do have a point. So shut up.

seeing as im a Comp Sci/Economics major at an ivy league school, i have to disagree with you. go on, reply. heres come yet another instance of you embarassing yourself
Haha. So funny. It's like you're trying to be funny.

At any rate, I'm done unless somebody has something relevant. I really don't like killing threads.

RDK

Smash Hero
Oh come on, You did not let everyone know that you've ran out of **** to say so you used the ever so copied "ur gay" insult?
But you are. So it fits. Lulz.

Del Money

Smash Champion
No. They don't. Somebody else has already quoted a paragraph from you and commented how it made no sense.
if you mean your fellow 4chan sextoy by the name of Volrec, then youre still wrong. he said that me accusing him of liking Zippocat made no sense...learn to read
You said that Sakurai "Could put more" if "He wants more". He can't. So I do have a point. So shut up.
"hey guess what Sakurai, you CANT PUT SONIC IN if YOU WANT SONIC IN, so shut up and abide by LightLink17's logic"
Haha. So funny. It's like you're trying to be funny.
wow...nothing gets by you, does it?
At any rate, I'm done unless somebody has something relevant. I really don't like killing threads.
so says a Zippocat supporter

Game...Set...and Match

Diddy is in brawl SO SUCK IT

RDK

Smash Hero
Sir i don't appreciate you using the word "gay" in a degrading and negative way. As a raging homo i am deeply offended.
Good.

VOLREC IS GAY

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
"hey guess what Sakurai, you CANT PUT SONIC IN if YOU WANT SONIC IN, so shut up and abide by LightLink17's logic"
'

Sakurai doesn't have that much power of Sonic being in, idiot. If he wants Sonic in, he has to get the rights to use him. I honestly doubt that's going to happen. It's been implied it's not going to.

At any rate, Sakurai is limited there. Just like he's limited with Characters in general. But you seem to be unable to grasp this concept. You seem to think Sakurai can have whatever he wants. Well guess what. He can't. He's limited by time, money, and licenses.

Volrec

Smash Lord
if you mean your fellow 4chan sextoy by the name of Volrec, then youre still wrong. he said that me accusing him of liking Zippocat made no sense...learn to read
wow...nothing gets by you, does it?
so says a Zippocat supporter

Game...Set...and Match

Diddy is in brawl SO SUCK IT
How do you automatically assume I'm from 4chan by commenting on the ignore button, Ivy League ****er? How do I support Zippocat? I haven't mentioned **** about him. This itself proves you don't listen to anyone but yourself.

RDK

Smash Hero
How do you automatically assume I'm from 4chan by commenting on the ignore button, Ivy League ****er? How do I support Zippocat? I haven't mentioned **** about him. This itself proves you don't listen to anyone but yourself.
That's funny, coming from you. Notice how not one member at SWF thinks you or your idiotic one-liners are funny.

KTHANXBYE

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
I find him hilarious. Only because I find you, Mr. Kirby, stupid as heck. Anybody who constantly rewrites what I say is dumb.

Besides, that "angry red words" was funny.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Hey guys, lets stop flaming. I got a PM to check this out, and I've read some of LightLink's posts and whatnot and he is seemingly just debating the heck out of you guys, so don't make this into a flame war. I would like to say to both Volrec and LightLink to just tone it down a little, you can make your point without being angry.

Keep it civil, I'm off to bed.

SiD

Smash Master
Wow Lightlink, you don't seem to understand that Sakurai decides when to release the game. He can put in any and all 1rst party characters as he wants. Of course he doesn't want the game to be realesed years from now, but he will put in the ones he wants until he is satified. I'm sure he decided on a release date depending on what he wanted in the game. If you think he said, "I'm gonna release the game on Dec 3. Now, time to decide who's in and who's out" then your nuts. Whoever's in was decided months ago, way before the release date was.

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
Hey guys, lets stop flaming. I got a PM to check this out, and I've read some of LightLink's posts and whatnot and he is seemingly just debating the heck out of you guys, so don't make this into a flame war. I would like to say to both Volrec and LightLink to just tone it down a little, you can make your point without being angry.

Keep it civil, I'm off to bed.
i don't think volrec and lightlink are the ones bing angry

WAY TO BE A ****ING *****.

RDK

Smash Hero
He's not even making valid points. He's just quoting our arguments and spewing pseudo-intelligent babble back at people that has no real substance. He's the king of argument-dodging.

As for Volrec, he's just a d_ck.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
He's not even making valid points. He's just quoting our arguments and spewing pseudo-intelligent babble back at people that has no real substance.
Well then don't engage into a debate with him if you feel that way.

Top Bottom