• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
NeoSoul said:
this of course I will dwelve into, you must be joking diddy kong racing for the DS is AWFUL it could not have sold that much...
I loved it and it did sell that much because it was a GREAT game and loved on the 64.

NeoSoul said:
DKC was bundled with SNES too its how i got my copy... Donkey KONG country 2 sold based on the name... wheres the 3rd game on the sales charts???
DKC wasn't bundeled with most, SMW was, DKC3 wasn't as good as the first two but it was still good.

NeoSoul said:
sigh youre still pushing that tripe about the DK64 move set..... smh not gonna happen, its WAY too out of character... the diddy/dixie thing has 1000 more chance to happen...
It's not out of character, Diddy is a cool, energetic chimp his 64 moveset is great for him.

NeoSoul said:
miyamoto was never a fan of the DKC series.... QFT even going as far as saying that flashy graphics could mask corny repetitive gameplay in the eyes of the american gamer
Miyamoto is a glory hog that has nothing to do with this game.

NeoSoul said:
diddy appearing would not be bad, Im a fan but I just cannot see him as a fighter hes more about jumping ledges and hanging from his tail etc...
We get it you have a poor sense of imagination thankfully you aren't making the game.

NeoSoul said:
theres an article when sakurai practically jumped at the idea of a diddy/dixie team for brawl, which is more plausible than the rocket packing/ pop gunnin rockstar diddy (>0_0)> BOOYAH
It's probably about as real as the Bowser Jr/Ridley/Cellda Link Rumour.

Del Money said:
how about Diddy and Dixie share a character slot in a Zelda/Sheik style manner in which down+B switches between the two via a tag barrel like in DKL2 (yes DKL2 not DKC2)? would people be opposed to that?
I've heard this suggested before and I love it and brownie points for mentioning DKL, I loved them on my gameboy!

talkingbeatles said:
If someone could master both Zelda and Sheik, then you'd have an advantage over opponents no other character could give.
I mastered Zelda! But Sheik was always too **** fast for me...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
this of course I will dwelve into, you must be joking diddy kong racing for the DS is AWFUL it could not have sold that much...

DKC was bundled with SNES too its how i got my copy... Donkey KONG country 2 sold based on the name... wheres the 3rd game on the sales charts???

sigh youre still pushing that tripe about the DK64 move set..... smh not gonna happen, its WAY too out of character... the diddy/dixie thing has 1000 more chance to happen...

miyamoto was never a fan of the DKC series.... QFT even going as far as saying that flashy graphics could mask corny repetitive gameplay in the eyes of the american gamer

diddy appearing would not be bad, Im a fan but I just cannot see him as a fighter hes more about jumping ledges and hanging from his tail etc...

theres an article when sakurai practically jumped at the idea of a diddy/dixie team for brawl, which is more plausible than the rocket packing/ pop gunnin rockstar diddy (>0_0)> BOOYAH
It sold, better than TP I might add. Japan actually somewat enjoys it [or so I've heard].

So, Sonic doesn't sell anymore, and it has the famous Sonic name. DKC 3 actually sold quite well as well, so HA!

Diddy/Dixie....HA!

Miyamoto liked the idea, but he didn't like playing it as much as other games, like Super Metroid [which btw he made], tLOZ: ALTTP [he made it I think], and Super Mario RPG. And the graphics were the best of the time genius, and the gameplay was fun and original. If anything is corny it's your comebacks.

Look at the million movesets, they're all basically awsoe!

He liked the idea of Diddy/Dixie duo, but he didn't say anything negative about Diddy solo. Seriously, Diddy is in Brawl, I'll bet my f***ing computer, Wii, and soul he's in Brawl. Your points are retarted, ITS ALL ABOUT FANBASE=MONEY! Diddy has fanbase, look on youtube. You won't see but 5 "Characters I want for Brawl" videos without Diddy. He's a mother f***ing icon, and your points are meaningless. Your lack of Diddy Kong solo's moveset doesn't mean anything. I'm tired of hearing that same crap over and over, and it's retarted.

If you'd like I'll repost my moveset I made for him, just to prove you wrong. And maybe I'll have other people look up there's, along with a few more to prove you wrong. Unless Sakurai is half-retarted, Diddy Kong is already in Brawl solo, unless he has a switch thing like Del Money has suggested [though I prefer them both solo as indivdual characters, but it works]. He's basically all but confirmed, you might as well admit it. Again, I am so confident I am willing to bet on it=go on, take my bet. ;)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
how about Diddy and Dixie share a character slot in a Zelda/Sheik style manner in which down+B switches between the two via a tag barrel like in DKL2 (yes DKL2 not DKC2)? would people be opposed to that?
Great idea and if they had to share a character slot I would prefer it to the idea of Diddy/Dixie in the Ice Climbers mould.

Of course, I would prefer Diddy as solo

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm fine with everything as long as he's got an unique moveset. All 3 variations on Diddy are unique, so I don't care which one will eventually be implanted. However, I still slightly like the solo Diddy better. But that doesn't mean that the Diddy / Dixie duo isn't an awesome idea.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I'm fine with a Diddy/Dixie pair as well as long as they're not to dependent on each other. Sure, if one is K.O. their power decrease by half, but still need to have the uniqueness and the ablity to fight alone.

When Diddy is leader:
A bit stronger, better vertical recovery through the jetpacks

When Dixie is leader:
A bit faster, better horizontal recovery through her hair

Del Money

Smash Champion
1. heres the order i like em in:

Diddy (solo) and Dixie (solo) > Diddy/Dixie (Zelda/Sheik style both solo but alter egos via barrel) > Diddy solo (Dixie nonplayable) > Diddy/Dixie ICs duo

2. NeoSoul doesnt know what hes talking about. Diddy has a fanbase. Diddy is highly acknowledged on Sakurai's poll. Diddy has NOT had any sort of attachment to Dixie in any games in over a decade. the DK franchise is even better selling than the Sonic franchise. Sakuai wanted another team-based play style in brawl...thats true. but what if Pokemon Trainer satisfied that role for him?

Diddy 4 Brawl in a non-ICs-type-duo playstayle

Talendime

Smash Ace
I'm fine with a Diddy/Dixie pair as well as long as they're not to dependent on each other. Sure, if one is K.O. their power decrease by half, but still need to have the uniqueness and the ablity to fight alone.

When Diddy is leader:
A bit stronger, better vertical recovery through the jetpacks

When Dixie is leader:
A bit faster, better horizontal recovery through her hair
Diddy was faster than Dixie in the game though. I think she should shine with strength rather than him, even though she is a female.

thehowielife

Smash Cadet
If anybody is going to be in Brawl from the DK clan, it will be Diddy. Like could you picture Nintendo putting Tiny Kong instead of Diddy? And this year they have to put a character in with the DK logo, and it will be Diddy you see.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Unless of course, they still have major hatred for Rare for the way they handled DK. We might get a Kong from Jungle Beat. :(

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Hell, I wouldn't mind one of those Kongs being in (as long as Diddy was in) if they weren't created because Nintendo Toyko wanted to spite Rare so badly.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I'm fine with everything as long as he's got an unique moveset. All 3 variations on Diddy are unique, so I don't care which one will eventually be implanted. However, I still slightly like the solo Diddy better. But that doesn't mean that the Diddy / Dixie duo isn't an awesome idea.
My thoughts exactly.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hell yeah, Diddy! I think his description captures him perfectly!

VilNess

Smash Champion
Haha, 3rd challenger confirmed character in a short time... kinda LOL.

I get a G&Wish feelish from diddy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
YEAAAAAH!! About ****ING time! =D Now I demand new Brawl avatars! DIDDY = CONFIRMED! In your face Ridley! =)

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
WOoooooooo yeah good to see him, he's deserved it for a long time. Congrats to all the fans

Top Bottom