• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
lol, still any other takers to offer suggestions as to why Diddy shouldn't be in?

Wow, I didn't know that Diddy Kong Racing had a WORLD RECORD. That only adds to the good stuff that Diddy is already known for.

Diddy 4 Brawl ^_^

Jordo

Smash Apprentice
Yes please come hither, I'm here to defend Diddy Kong's need to appear in Brawl until the day I die (or until the game comes out, which ever one comes first).

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Yes please come hither, I'm here to defend Diddy Kong's need to appear in Brawl until the day I die (or until the game comes out, which ever one comes first).
dude, that's no way to go. i'd hate the fact of me dying before brawl comes out. that's something worth living for. and seeing diddy in the game as well

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
Weeeellll if you had a shred of zeal in you, you'd know I'm not - but besides that - this argument is coming down to a matter of personal tastes, I find.

Diddy in Brawl would be odd, because it's a Nintendo All-star game. Diddy is simply not a Nintendo STAR CHARACTER, and I'm *sure* he'd be bland. What can they do with him? Kartwheels are boring. Give him a jet pack and now you are jsut getting plain rediculous. I don't want this game to turn into a circus, and it pains me to see some who believe that any character that has anything to do wth Nintendo should be in - regardless of lameness, or irrelevance.

Diddy has *always*, and always will be known as the SIDE-KICK of the superior DK. You can bring up all the ******** points you want such as 'Diddy's got a hat and a gee-tarr', but you're just making yourself look dumber. Why did Pit get in Brawl instead of Diddy who has been around way longer?

RELEVANCE.

Diddy would simply make a stupid character. I'm sorry, but if you live in a sad reality believing that little chimps wearing hats are 'cool', you need to check some things out. I'm led to believe that 90% of the people on this thread have never seen a PlayStation.

Not only this, but the responses are full of child-like fanism responses, and seriously - enough with the 'Diddy 4 Brawl' comments, you're making yourself look dumb. Actually, come to think of it, I guess that's your preferance - but I thought I'd throw out the notice.

Now, I'm going to get:

- flamed
- ignored
- teased

Because I'm arguing with kids, or adults who are chemically imbalanced.
I agreed with everything up until the Playstation part... then i got lost...

diddy kong would be absurd...

probably the worst place to ask but if it came down to K Rool or diddy, who would you choose?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
probably the worst place to ask but if it came down to K Rool or diddy, who would you choose?
Diddy of course, he's more important and well known.

Diddy is simply not a Nintendo STAR CHARACTER
He is more of a star than Luigi will ever be.

and I'm *sure* he'd be bland.
It's not our fault you're an uncreative clod, Sakurai could defiantly think of something to do with him.

I'm led to believe that 90% of the people on this thread have never seen a PlayStation.
I sold my 64 to by a playstation, I use my PS2 and XBOX way more than my gamecube and the only reason I'm not getting a PS3 is because it looks crap.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If you think Diddy Kong isn't worthy, you are half-retarted, I'm sorry.

-DONKNEY KONG COUTRY: #2 selling SNES game, one of the 5 best selling games of all-time. Diddy was one of two playable characters, the 2nd most important character! 20 million units sold+the remake! EAT THAT!

-DKC 2: 5 million units, 5th best selling SNES game, and it STARRED DIDDY KONG! Add the remake, and you get it.

-Diddy Kong Racing: The only racing game on the N64 that sold better was Mario KArt 64.

-Donkey Kong 64: He's again, one of the 5 playable characters! HE ROCKED, and that is where many of his moves in Brawl would be aspired from.

-Even Japan loves him, and they hate Donkey Kong like we hate murder.

-Diddy Kong Racing DS: currently the 3rd or 4th best selling game on...o idk, the system that is going down in Guiness Book of World REcord's fastest selling system of ALL TIME!

I'll bet my sig for a year [anything you want] that Diddy is in Brawl. If whoever takes this bet loses, they have to have a Diddy avatar for a month, and a Diddy sig for a month [and have their sig in all their posts]. Any takers=??? [post here, don't PM me]=???

Ya, I'm that confident! I've already swayed like 10 people to see Diddy has a good shot, and to be pro-Diddy! It's all for a good cause! XD

Edit: AWSOME LINK UPDATE :)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
i'll take that bet JK1!

except i'm on your side lol!

Diddy 4 brawl
YOu basically already won then.

And I see lots of Diddy for Brawl sigs...well wat a waste. In a few weeks you'll be changing it to "ZOMG DIDDY KONG IS IN BRAWL", so stop saying "Diddy for Brawl", and start saying "Diddy Kong is basically already in Brawl!" :laugh: :p ;) Sounds like a good conspiracy to me! <_<

Diddy Kong chances of being in Brawl="It's OVER 9,000!!!"

Del Money

Smash Champion
Johnknight1's bets FTW. didnt you bet a copy of brawl that Lucariowould be in or summat? anyways, Diddy 4 Brawl...hes just about as likely as Ridley. the only real question is whether he'll be solo or not. so all the haters need to shut the hell up and face facts. hating him wont stop him from making it in...thus YOU ALL LOSE

Jason777123

Smash Cadet
You Know the more i think about it i would love to see Donkey Kong Jr. as an Assist trophy!
You Know come up on his branches and whack everyone in sight. It would be a great addition in my opinion to see him in brawl graphics :) :laugh:

Del Money

Smash Champion
You Know the more i think about it i would love to see Donkey Kong Jr. as an Assist trophy!
You Know come up on his branches and whack everyone in sight. It would be a great addition in my opinion to see him in brawl graphics :) :laugh:
this really isnt the thread to suggest that but i guess DK Jr as an AT is ok. id prefer Dixie though cuz itll mean Diddy is solo.

Diddy 4 Brawl

D_B_S

Smash Lord
Diddy Is In Just Like Toad...

Hell They R On The Gamecube Skin Along With Wario...

*hints*

Just Like In Ssbm...when U Click Random Names In The GameR Tag... U Come Across
Pit...

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
If you think Diddy Kong isn't worthy, you are half-retarted, I'm sorry.

-DONKNEY KONG COUTRY: #2 selling SNES game, one of the 5 best selling games of all-time. Diddy was one of two playable characters, the 2nd most important character! 20 million units sold+the remake! EAT THAT!

-DKC 2: 5 million units, 5th best selling SNES game, and it STARRED DIDDY KONG! Add the remake, and you get it.

-Diddy Kong Racing: The only racing game on the N64 that sold better was Mario KArt 64.

-Donkey Kong 64: He's again, one of the 5 playable characters! HE ROCKED, and that is where many of his moves in Brawl would be aspired from.

-Even Japan loves him, and they hate Donkey Kong like we hate murder.

-Diddy Kong Racing DS: currently the 3rd or 4th best selling game on...o idk, the system that is going down in Guiness Book of World REcord's fastest selling system of ALL TIME!

I'll bet my sig for a year [anything you want] that Diddy is in Brawl. If whoever takes this bet loses, they have to have a Diddy avatar for a month, and a Diddy sig for a month [and have their sig in all their posts]. Any takers=??? [post here, don't PM me]=???

Ya, I'm that confident! I've already swayed like 10 people to see Diddy has a good shot, and to be pro-Diddy! It's all for a good cause! XD

Edit: AWSOME LINK UPDATE :)
this of course I will dwelve into, you must be joking diddy kong racing for the DS is AWFUL it could not have sold that much...

DKC was bundled with SNES too its how i got my copy... Donkey KONG country 2 sold based on the name... wheres the 3rd game on the sales charts???

sigh youre still pushing that tripe about the DK64 move set..... smh not gonna happen, its WAY too out of character... the diddy/dixie thing has 1000 more chance to happen...

miyamoto was never a fan of the DKC series.... QFT even going as far as saying that flashy graphics could mask corny repetitive gameplay in the eyes of the american gamer

diddy appearing would not be bad, Im a fan but I just cannot see him as a fighter hes more about jumping ledges and hanging from his tail etc...

theres an article when sakurai practically jumped at the idea of a diddy/dixie team for brawl, which is more plausible than the rocket packing/ pop gunnin rockstar diddy (>0_0)> BOOYAH

Del Money

Smash Champion
BOOYAH NOTHING, NeoSoul. by your logic, Yoshi doesnt deserve to be in brawl either...

Diddy 4 Brawl

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I just cannot see him as a fighter hes more about jumping ledges and hanging from his tail etc...
what was peach about before melee again? or Game and Watch? or Fox before ssb64? it doesn't matter what they do in their respective games. or else falcon would just drive a car around the screen

Kentalish

Smash Lord
wow neo still talking the talk but cant walk the walk. if u listened to people Diddy is wanted more in japan then DK, and if i a mright dixie was replaced by tiny

edit: thanks Wreked for these so diddy fans can enjoy

IllidR

Smash Champion
Well isn't it possible people are requesting Diddy more in Japan than DK because they know he's sure to be in and expect him to be in already. And very nice Kirby hats Kent.. though would they say nintendo on the hat?
P.S. I do support Diddy for Brawl :p

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Well isn't it possible people are requesting Diddy more in Japan than DK because they know he's sure to be in and expect him to be in already. And very nice Kirby hats Kent.. though would they say nintendo on the hat?
P.S. I do support Diddy for Brawl :p
not really. i mean, i don't think DK would be requested anyway cause, well you don't expect him to get the axe. but if a character (ridley, diddy) is popular in japan where the series is selling poorly, that's gotta be a good sign

Del Money

Smash Champion
@Kentalicious
1. the Kirby hat should have a star on it instead of "Nintendo"
2. youre making me wanna change my avatar back to Diddy again...i dunno if i can do it

Diddy 4 Brawl

Del Money

Smash Champion
my bad, Kent. i need to pay attention more. in fact, i think deep down i knew Diddy's hat said "Nintendo" on it...weird.

Diddy 4 Brawl

iMichael

Smash Lord
Diddy Kong would be cool...i hope if he is in that they put the one in from Donkey Kong Country 2...i like it when he does his hip-hop dance lol he pwns

Del Money

Smash Champion
and you call yourself a diddy fan. shame on you del, shame on you
*wipe tears and reaches into drawer for his pocketknife and some paper towels...*
i wonder what kirby is thinking, taking diddy's powers, and suddenly he realizes he has a tail
lol i dunno. but thats a good Kirby hat for Diddy...though i guess its the only one that would make sense for him

Diddy 4 Brawl

Kentalish

Smash Lord
*comforts Del money* shhh shhh shh colbusman was a real meany.... u wanna soooda? wanna poop in his shoes.. ok lets go poop in his shoes. lol watched that on family guy.

DIDDY FOR BRAWL

Del Money

Smash Champion
*comforts Del money* shhh shhh shh colbusman was a real meany.... u wanna soooda? wanna poop in his shoes.. ok lets go poop in his shoes. lol watched that on family guy.

DIDDY FOR BRAWL
HAHAHAHHHAHAHAH nice

so yeah this may have been mentioned already here but i KNOW ive mentioned it in the Dixie Kong thread (with no one really cares about lol) but instead of Diddy/Dixie being a duo and instead of or Diddy just being solo and the DK franchise only getting 2 reps (3 if K. Rizzool gets in) how about Diddy and Dixie share a character slot in a Zelda/Sheik style manner in which down+B switches between the two via a tag barrel like in DKL2 (yes DKL2 not DKC2)? would people be opposed to that?

Kentalish

Smash Lord
HAHAHAHHHAHAHAH nice

so yeah this may have been mentioned already here but i KNOW ive mentioned it in the Dixie Kong thread (with no one really cares about lol) but instead of Diddy/Dixie being a duo and instead of or Diddy just being solo and the DK franchise only getting 2 reps (3 if K. Rizzool gets in) how about Diddy and Dixie share a character slot in a Zelda/Sheik style manner in which down+B switches between the two via a tag barrel like in DKL2 (yes DKL2 not DKC2)? would people be opposed to that?
DUDE THATS ****IG BRILLIANT!!!

BONUS POINTS FOR U!!!!

Del Money

Smash Champion
id much rather have that because if would emphasis that Diddy and Dixie was separate while the switch still relates to a classic DK game. as the same time, movesets can be made for oth characters and people will finally be able to play as the 3 most popular kongs. also, Dixie wont be dumbed down by Diddy's presence the way Nana is dumbed down by Popo. i think its brilliant and probably the smartest possibly moves, perhaps a better alternativve to having Diddy and Dixie be 100% seperate altogether cuz its save a spot on the character selection screen.

maybe this solution will also slow down the onslaught of idiots that keep coming in a bashing Diddy solo for brawl as well

Kentalish

Smash Lord
so basically u are saying this u start out with diddy and theres no dixie on the screen u hid down b a barrel explodes and dixie apears then diddy is gone vise versa

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I'd be fine with this whole Dixie/Diddy thing working like the Zelda/Sheik did. Only, when someone plays Diddy, I want them to play Dixie too. I think Zelda is actually the most powerful character in the game, because she is quite literly two characters in one. If someone could master both Zelda and Sheik, then you'd have an advantage over opponents no other character could give. If Diddy does this, I'd love to see people play both characters, and not just Diddy or just Dixie.

FauxShaux

Smash Cadet
I didn't feel like reading through 251 pages of posting, so I'll just say what I like about Diddy. ;)

I definitely think that Diddy deserves the spot just because he has been around for quite a while, and personally I think the game Diddy Kong Racing does enough by itself to give him a spot. I would support him even more if he acted as a speed character, and imo being a speed character as fast as Fox or Falco would grant him a likely chance at top or close to top tier. I would very much enjoy seeing a newcomer make top tier. (I'm tired of space animals)

Edit: Just read a bit and the whole Diddy/Dixie think rocks!

Top Bottom