• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'll bet my sig for a year [anything you want] that Diddy is in Brawl. If whoever takes this bet loses, they have to have a Diddy avatar for a month, and a Diddy sig for a month [and have their sig in all their posts]. Any takers=??? [post here, don't PM me]=???

Ya, I'm that confident! I've already swayed like 10 people to see Diddy has a good shot, and to be pro-Diddy! It's all for a good cause! XD

Edit: AWSOME LINK UPDATE :)
HAHA, my old genius post! :) and who else just did a mother ****ing backflip=??? **** ya! **** ya! **** ya! **** ya! **** ya! **** ya! :) :) :) :) I think I'm crying with joy! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Eagle

Smash Lord
I can just see his B moves now..

Up + B Rocket Jetpack

B Peanut Guns

Side + B Cartwheel

Down + B Err.. I dunno.

Looks like a taunt.

Hes tail is quite long, perhaps a grab?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
All those people thought he would be an Ice Climber style with Dixie we showed them! He's solo with DK64 moves Sakurai does love us!
I couldn't have said it better, my friend. I'm happy....I'm mother ****ing HAPPY! I feel like going outside [it's 2:35 am] and yelling "wat now, Diddy's in Brawl you mother ****ers who doubted him! Love how I said yesterday he's pratically in Brawl...I'm a psychic, lol! :laugh:

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Congrats, xianfeng! I know you have been waiting for this for a long time. =)

I can't say that I'm at all surprised by this update--we all saw it coming--but I didn't expect it to come already. In any case, congratulations!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DDK! He's in! We've supported him this whole time now he's confirmed! ABOUT ****ING TIME!
Indeed my friend. =) Dayum, I now offically have the lamest username on SWF but screw it!
DIDDY'S IN BRAWL! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I couldn't have said it better, my friend. I'm happy....I'm mother ****ing HAPPY! I feel like going outside [it's 2:35 am] and yelling "wat now, Diddy's in Brawl you mother ****ers who doubted him! Love how I said yesterday he's pratically in Brawl...I'm a psychic, lol! :laugh:
It's only 7:30pm here but I was so happy I hugged my emo sister! Eww

Congrats, xianfeng! I know you have been waiting for this for a long time. =)
Hell Yes I have! And Thankyou

gnosis

Smash Lord
I never had much interest in Diddy, but seeing him know brings up memories of DKC as a kid... nostalgia is kicking in :D.

Plus the way he's described makes him sound super fun to play. I'm considering adding him to my tentative list of mains.

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
Im against a lot of bad ideas here on SmashBoards, But Diddy Kong did wasnt one, its good to have him on brawl...now to continue hating lucario

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...Now I want King K. Rool...

Friggin DKC all over again...

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
I don't think I realized how much I wanted him in till I saw this update. He's got a lot of potential. I'm really excited now.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Do you like my title? If you don't you can suck it because he's confirmed!!!!!!!!!
O YA! I'm changing my avatar to diddy now, I'm happy! :) My monkey for the f***ing epic win! And I love the name, all those f***ers can suck it! :laugh: :p :)

LOL at you hugging your emo sister! XD After xianfeng started this thread, it's finally done! Yes, our insane biased, dedicated, and extremist fanbase has done it! WE HAVE WON THE WAR! :)

F*** YES! After hearing Peepy say "Do a Barrel Roll!" "And Do A Backflip" for so long, I finally did both, multiple times! :laugh:

And that's nothing xianfeng, I screamed so loud my mother thought she heard a robber, and came out with a lamp, and I poped up, and she freaked out [I'm not that ugly *takes off mask*]. HEHE, this is a sign of good things to come. This alone makes Brawl better than Melee! :)

Iggy K

Smash Ace
What I liked most about Diddy being confirmed is that he pretty much spat in the face of the prophecy guy.

soulz

Smash Cadet
Yay, when i checked the site at 5pm (usually the time it appears each day), i was disappointed since there wasn't any updates. But i was expecting a new/veteran character to be updated, not sure why.
To my surprise i found diddy, i wanted him in for ages. Too bad dixie probably won't be in it, it would have been good to get more girl fighters in though.
But yay for diddy.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Thank God! Now we can stop listening to morons who thought he'd be a team character with Dixie.

Diddy Kong is the only character that I would have been pissed if he didn't get in. Now I'll be happy with pretty much any final roster.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
...Now I want King K. Rool...

Friggin DKC all over again...
Hell yeah King K. Rool needs to be in there now in whatever capacity they put him in ... boss / PC whatever

Nice to see the DK series getting repped a little better :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What I liked most about Diddy being confirmed is that he pretty much spat in the face of the prophecy guy.
Anyone who says Meowth will be a playable character isn't very reliable anyway...

Besides...Diddy may not be the only character update this week...it's possible...

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
This update is awesome. Not only is Diddy confirmed, but we know he's got 2 of his awesome abilities from DK64: the Rocketbarrel and his Popguns. Needless to say, I will be using Diddy as soon as I can. Congrats Xienfang! I know you and many other have waited for this day for a long time

Oh, and the Gamefaqs insider just got OWNED. Big time.

a1j2h5

Smash Apprentice
YES! I guess there was some good in breaking night. Diddy is playable and I for one am happy.
Now..... how about Dixie?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Thank God! Now we can stop listening to morons who thought he'd be a team character with Dixie.

Diddy Kong is the only character that I would have been pissed if he didn't get in. Now I'll be happy with pretty much any final roster.
Ya, same here. Ddidy was my #2 pick, and if my #1 pick WW Link, and #3 pick Megaman don't make it, I'll still be more than happy. Hell, if the rest of the roster is Plusle and Minun copies, I'll be happy! :)

O, and quote from the f***ing truth! :) That teaming together sucked ,minus switching Shiek Zelda style, though them seperate is obvoiusly the best! :) Glad Sakurai has brains....and b***s!

*releases Sakurai's family from being captive*

:laugh:

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Sakurai said:
Unfortunately, screenshots fail to truly capture the way he moves.

Hopefully HOPEFULLY this means we will be getting a video soon including Diddy so we can see him moving :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hopefully DK64 doesn't mean another DK Rap...

I COULDN'T STAND that stage in the last game because of it

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I bet Diddy's final smash is his electric guitar from DK64, just like DK's is his bongo attack from DK64. Another cool FS would be if he gets on Rambi and tramples over people.

I'm sure his jet pack will be his up B. The peanut popguns will probably be his neutral B. He sound like he'll be a quick character with good recovery and projectiles, so he should be pretty good.

Hopefully we'll get more DK characters, like K. Rool. If this game came out in the SNES days there'd be like 6 DK characters, they should at least add a third for those of us who grew up on SNES.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
where are those guys that said he wont have DK64 moves!!!??? they can suck it too!
"They can go f*** their moms!" :chuckle: You know, I love being right! :) Anyone who said Diddy would be lame, won't make it, or he should die, go f***ing jump off a cliff, because you're f***ing wrong! Diddy is here to stay, and he'll pwn your arse anyday! :) BTW, I bet my soul, mother, sister, both brothers, cat, car, house, sould, left nut, heart, brain, TV, Melee disc, gamecube, and me never playing Brawl Diddy was in Brawl....and I won. Good, becuase my left nut is my good nut! :laugh: :p :) :chuckle: ;)

Top Bottom