• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
How can you possible bring up character slots that aren't even related to the Donkey Kong series?

I mean your arguments are based on other characters, the fact of the matter is the DK franchise needs more Rep and Diddy Kong is the perfect choice.

I mean really it seems that your just complaining because the DK series seems old to you, why don't you go to Pit threads and tell them that Pit doesn't deserve to be in the game because his game is old as dirt.

Del Money

Smash Champion
How can you possibly deny that a character like Snake or Link, is not as cool as a character like Diddy, unless you're 12?
who said that? and plus Diddy is cool. DK looks more ******** than Diddy and yeah youre ok with DK? weird...
Diddy looks ********. The only reason you could like him is if you're a die-hard fan, as proven by all the idiotic "Diddy 4 Brawl!!" responses.
ok...i say Ike looks ********...only way you can like him is if youre an anime lover. that doesnt change him deserving to be in brawl or not
All you've people have said are things like "Diddy is popular enough", but I'm sorry to say it again (and again, and again), but the DK series has lost a load of it's popularity since it's golden years. FACTUALLY, popularity and relevance puts characters in Brawl. DK is not relevant or popular in this day and age. You can't argue that - it's fact. DK has been overshoadowed by some handheld games for the past 10 years. I've been saying this and no one's listening.
fine then...petition to Nintendo to take Diddy out of Strikers and Kart because the DK franchise has "lost popularity". its one of the top 10 video game franchise in history...its not as forgettable as you think, even if the newer games are crap
Yes, Pokemon can look ******** as well. Yes, there are childish characters. My point is that we don't need more of them, and characters that look more like actual fighters are better.
Wario looks like a moron. in fact, also everyone from the Mario franchise looks dumb...but its still a good franchise overall just like the DK series
I'm not saying Diddy won't be in Brawl. I'm saying other characters deserve more spots. I'd ratehr see Shiek return than a monkey.
and id rather see Ganondorf return than more anime-looking characters (i.e. Fire Emblem and Pokemon) and guess we cant all have our cake and eat it
Here's hoping we get online too!

Diddy 4 Brawl!!!
thats the spirit

Diddy 4 Brawl

Revven

FrankerZ
Diddy is likely for Brawl for two reasons: 1. He was the supporting character for DK in the Country games and in DK64, has appeared in a lot of the Mario spin-offs (and has been awesome in them mind you). And, 2. He was on Sakurai's poll and was one of the most recommended, obviously Sakurai is thinking about adding him just as much as Ridley and Dedede. Ike made it in Brawl and he was on the poll, the same can happen to Diddy.

I'd love Diddy to be in for the sheer fact of his speed and probably being somewhat better than DK currently is. We need a fast primate, we're not going to get anyone better than him. Diddy is what Luigi is to Mario. And, Luigi's been in the past Smash games so why can't Diddy? Exactly. It's only logical for him to appear at least to represent DK series more. King K. Rool is the other choice, but honestly, he didn't get as high in the polls as Diddy did so you may as well have Diddy. =\

Those are my thoughts anyway. Pokemon Trainer Red was an unlikely candidate and he made it in (plus he was on Sakurai's poll), Diddy had better chances than Red so since Red made it in, so should Diddy.

Hopefully, Diddy DOES appear.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Diddy is likely for Brawl for two reasons: 1. He was the supporting character for DK in the Country games and in DK64, has appeared in a lot of the Mario spin-offs (and has been awesome in them mind you). And, 2. He was on Sakurai's poll and was one of the most recommended, obviously Sakurai is thinking about adding him just as much as Ridley and Dedede. Ike made it in Brawl and he was on the poll, the same can happen to Diddy.

I'd love Diddy to be in for the sheer fact of his speed and probably being somewhat better than DK currently is. We need a fast primate, we're not going to get anyone better than him. Diddy is what Luigi is to Mario. And, Luigi's been in the past Smash games so why can't Diddy? Exactly. It's only logical for him to appear at least to represent DK series more. King K. Rool is the other choice, but honestly, he didn't get as high in the polls as Diddy did so you may as well have Diddy. =\

Those are my thoughts anyway. Pokemon Trainer Red was an unlikely candidate and he made it in (plus he was on Sakurai's poll), Diddy had better chances than Red so since Red made it in, so should Diddy.

Hopefully, Diddy DOES appear.
excellent logic, my friend...Diddy 4 Brawl

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Actually, Diddy's far more imporant to the DK series than Luigi is to the Mario series.
Luigi pops in once in a while for multiplayer platform games, and Mario & Luigi -which is a kick *** game btw. Luigi's main role in the Mario franchise is filling the role as the second Mario if one is needed, wheras DK and Diddy are just as important seeing that the DKC trioligy was heavily based on the Kong tagteams... That, and Luigi is far more similair to Mario than Diddy is to DK... If both simains are even similair to each other at all.

And actually, I'd be happy with K.Rool aswell... Maybe even more than Diddy's inclusion seeing as it's far less likely and K.Rool will deffinatly have a more unique moveset than Diddy which might even rival Ridley's uniqueness. Anways, yeah Diddy's one of the very few logical choices left, togheter with King DeDeDe and Ridley... If we don't get these 3 characters for Brawl, then Sakurai's gone crazy.

Diddy 4 Brawl!

EDIT: The DK Jungle Climber's website is up. http://www.dkjungleclimber.com/ Check it out! The DK & Diddy tagteam is back again, which again proves that Diddy's far more important to the DK series than Luigi is to Mario... :)

Del Money

Smash Champion
@Diddy Kong

K. Rool would be nice...he should be much more likely than he is but as far as villains go, hes not as well recognized as most others. oh and DK Climbers looks good but i just wish theyd give us a real platformer DK game for once instead of trying to be innovative. DK64 was good but didnt follow the DKC roots as well as i had hoped from the get-go. nonetheless the DK franchise is still strong

P.S. apple bottoms are hawt

Del Money

Smash Champion

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Weeeellll if you had a shred of zeal in you, you'd know I'm not - but besides that - this argument is coming down to a matter of personal tastes, I find.

Diddy in Brawl would be odd, because it's a Nintendo All-star game. Diddy is simply not a Nintendo STAR CHARACTER, and I'm *sure* he'd be bland. What can they do with him? Kartwheels are boring. Give him a jet pack and now you are jsut getting plain rediculous. I don't want this game to turn into a circus, and it pains me to see some who believe that any character that has anything to do wth Nintendo should be in - regardless of lameness, or irrelevance.

Diddy has *always*, and always will be known as the SIDE-KICK of the superior DK. You can bring up all the ******** points you want such as 'Diddy's got a hat and a gee-tarr', but you're just making yourself look dumber. Why did Pit get in Brawl instead of Diddy who has been around way longer?

RELEVANCE.

Diddy would simply make a stupid character. I'm sorry, but if you live in a sad reality believing that little chimps wearing hats are 'cool', you need to check some things out. I'm led to believe that 90% of the people on this thread have never seen a PlayStation.

Not only this, but the responses are full of child-like fanism responses, and seriously - enough with the 'Diddy 4 Brawl' comments, you're making yourself look dumb. Actually, come to think of it, I guess that's your preferance - but I thought I'd throw out the notice.

Now, I'm going to get:

- flamed
- ignored
- teased

Because I'm arguing with kids, or adults who are chemically imbalanced.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Diddy would be cool.

Which leads me, where can I find one of the sig icons some users have of Diddy Kong?

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Are Marth and Roy considered Nintendo "All Stars?"
Also, I wouldn't call Falco an allstart either. Or, Sheik for that matter. And don't even try to make an argument for Ness or Ice Climbers.

I don't think being a huge Nintendo name has anything to do with being put into Brawl. And Diddy has got a lot going for hm to be an interesting character. He has peanut shooting guns, a barrel rocket pack, and as he appears in more and more games, he's becoming more fleshed out as a character.

...and let's not get into who's in high school or who's an adult or who's chemically imbalanced. Because I really don't think any of that is relevant.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Are Marth and Roy considered Nintendo "All Stars?"
Also, I wouldn't call Falco an allstart either. Or, Sheik for that matter. And don't even try to make an argument for Ness or Ice Climbers.

I don't think being a huge Nintendo name has anything to do with being put into Brawl. And Diddy has got a lot going for hm to be an interesting character. He has peanut shooting guns, a barrel rocket pack, and as he appears in more and more games, he's becoming more fleshed out as a character.

...and let's not get into who's in high school or who's an adult or who's chemically imbalanced. Because I really don't think any of that is relevant.
Are you reading my posts? What? No?

Why did Pit get in Brawl instead of Diddy who has been around way longer?

RELEVANCE.
Think about that one.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Err...
Sorry Cajun.... I thought it would be obvious I was replying to your post. My bad, I should have quoted or something. My bad.

Anyway, what do you mean by "What? No?"

Kayn

Smash Cadet
Honestly, Diddy would be cool and all but when it comes down to King K. Rool I would much, much, much rather have Dixie Kong be in instead of King K. Rool. I had so much fun playing as her in the original DKC series and besides, King K. Rool will most likely be a heavy character which DK already is. So why make another heavy/slow character? I'd much rather see Dixie than KKR

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Weeeellll if you had a shred of zeal in you, you'd know I'm not - but besides that - this argument is coming down to a matter of personal tastes, I find.

Diddy in Brawl would be odd, because it's a Nintendo All-star game. Diddy is simply not a Nintendo STAR CHARACTER, and I'm *sure* he'd be bland. What can they do with him? Kartwheels are boring. Give him a jet pack and now you are jsut getting plain rediculous. I don't want this game to turn into a circus, and it pains me to see some who believe that any character that has anything to do wth Nintendo should be in - regardless of lameness, or irrelevance.

I really can't see how you can mention Diddy shouldn't be in brawl because he's not a Nintendo All-Star. I mean why do you consider Marth and Roy to be considered All Stars, I mean they made it into melee. Marth could be considered one, but what about Roy; included only in SSBM to promote his game; a clone character, tell me what makes him an all-star.

Diddy has *always*, and always will be known as the SIDE-KICK of the superior DK. You can bring up all the ******** points you want such as 'Diddy's got a hat and a gee-tarr', but you're just making yourself look dumber. Why did Pit get in Brawl instead of Diddy who has been around way longer?

RELEVANCE.

It doesn't matter that Diddy will always be known as DK's side kick, I mean Luigi is almost always in the shadow of Mario, did that stop him from making it in the SSB, and SSBM? Also how did you get to the conclusion that Diddy in not in brawl? If you have a list of every single character of SSBB I would love to see it.

Diddy would simply make a stupid character. I'm sorry, but if you live in a sad reality believing that little chimps wearing hats are 'cool', you need to check some things out. I'm led to believe that 90% of the people on this thread have never seen a PlayStation.

Can you tell me one thing, does your opinion of what is cool and what isn't apply to everyone else? I don't think it does.

Not only this, but the responses are full of child-like fanism responses, and seriously - enough with the 'Diddy 4 Brawl' comments, you're making yourself look dumb. Actually, come to think of it, I guess that's your preferance - but I thought I'd throw out the notice.

Take it as you will.

Now, I'm going to get:

- flamed
- ignored
- teased

Most likely

Think whatever you want to make yourself feel better.
All in all you still haven't stated or shown anything that refutes Diddy you've just stated your opinion that seems like it should apply to everyone. It doesn't.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
EDIT: Biggie, stop ruining the name of one of our generations' greatest rappers with your slander.

I don't like Diddy, he shouldn't be in.
Fixed your post for you. You know, when you go around acting like you have points to prove and implying that you are superior to everyone who doesn't share your opinion and the like clutters up your posts, your real argument could get lost. Good thing I was here to spot it.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Fixed your post for you. You know, when you go around acting like you have points to prove and implying that you are superior to everyone who doesn't share your opinion and the like clutters up your posts, your real argument could get lost. Good thing I was here to spot it.
Heheh...

I dig your name by the way, giant.

Oh yeah, and uh... Diddy for Brawl.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I thought Diddy haters were welcome... this is all you pre-schoolers can muster?

I laugh.

How can you disagree that Diddy has beed overshadowed by newer recent games in the past ten years? My point was, in case you can't get it through your head, was that all of these facts; Diddy's side-kick personna, less games than say - LUIGI, his monkey-like appearance, EVERYTHING (read my posts now...) adds up to the fact that he's irrelevant, and would not make a good Brawl character. You geniuses quote one comment out of a million other points I made, and then act as if my argument is invalid.

And instead of making logical points against my argument, you 'fix posts', or just throw in the good old "Diddy 4 Brawl". Clearly, this is a topic based on fanism and nothing more. You guys are lucky I'm bored.

This thread was owned in my opinion.

PROPHECY: I hereby prophesise at least one more idiot will post "Diddy 4 Brawl" after making a post that lacks true argument.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
How can you disagree that Diddy has beed overshadowed by newer recent games in the past ten years? My point was, in case you can't get it through your head, was that all of these facts; Diddy's side-kick personna, less games than say - LUIGI, his monkey-like appearance, EVERYTHING (read my posts now...) adds up to the fact that he's irrelevant, and would not make a good Brawl character. You geniuses quote one comment out of a million other points I made, and then act as if my argument is invalid.

And instead of making logical points against my argument, you 'fix posts', or just throw in the good old "Diddy 4 Brawl". Clearly, this is a topic based on fanism and nothing more. You guys are lucky I'm bored.
hmm, missed alot of the arguments. well ok then.

it's true that diddy has been overshadowed. i mean the last "true" adventure game he was in was in 1999's DK64. but that doesn't mean he lacks in potential. it just means in the course of 10 years, Nintendo had to deal with some things before getting their characters back in line.

and the whole side-kick persona and appearance doesn't matter. sidekicks have been in the game since the first smash, and even more joined melee's cast. diddy is considered a sidekick, but that doesn't mean he isn't all star material. and he was the star of the second DKC game. as for appearance, smash isn't about that. it's about bringing fighters that define their respective franchise and fighting to see who is best. if melee can have a 2-D fighter fight against a mutated psychic thing, including the fact that smash has already got a monkey, we can fit a chimp in the game.

less games than luigi? every franchise's characters besides the mario characters have been in less games. they have the party, kart, tennis, soccer, rpg, and adventure games. and even if you just have the adventure games, games that are canon to the mario series, it still easily surpasses all other franchises. but if you want it that way, wouldn't that mean getting rid of Pit? i mean he's only been in 2 games.

diddy is in no way irrelevant. he has plenty enough in him to have a lot of relevent status in Nintendo's world. he surpassed the sidekick status to become the star in the second DKC game, he has enough unique traits to give him a guarenteed great moveset, he has a fanbase big enough that Sakurai himself takes interest in him...

so, i don't think you owned anything in this thread

Dokuro

Smash Ace
I'm extremely bored, so I'll counter some stupid points here.

"Diddy is not popular enough" - This thread proves he has tons of popularity going for him, he's also popular enough to be in tons of games. He isn't as nearly as popular as other "sidekicks" like Luigi, obviously, but Donkey Kong needs more representatives anyway.

"Donkey Kong does not need more representatives" - Haha, what? Donkey Kong is one of the best selling franchises of all time, saying it does not need more representatives is silly.

"No, Donkey Kong does not need representatives because the series has done nothing good in the past few years." - Are Diddy Kong Racing DS, King of Swing, Jungle Climber, and the upcoming Barrel Blast good enough for you? Those are all good games [or looking to be good games in BB's case], from what I've heard.

"Diddy looks stupid" - Ugh. He does not look as stupid as Tingle or Petey Piranha, good enough for me. Even if he did look stupid, he'd still have other stuff going for him.

"He'd be a boring character because he'd be battling with all these characters that have attacks with huge special effects and such, Diddy's just a boring monkey." - This was said earlier, but with better wording. Look at the moveset on the front page, movesets do not need to have flashing lights, big explosions, or huge special effects to be good. Maybe he would be "boring" to you, but what does that have to do with anything? You could say Peach [lol] is boring, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't be in brawl. Diddy still has popularity and other things going for him, just because he would seem "boring" to you doesn't mean he shouldn't be in brawl.

I probably missed some points, but those were probably countered by other people already.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I thought Diddy haters were welcome... this is all you pre-schoolers can muster?

I laugh.

PROPHECY: I hereby prophesise at least one more idiot will post "Diddy 4 Brawl" after making a post that lacks true argument.

Did you respond to my post at all man? I thought I made some pretty good points. How many games have you plyed with Diddy? I mean, the only thing I can draw from your arguement is "he's irrelevant." What do you even mean by that? And of course this arguement is based on fanism. There aren't any people here who hate Diddy and still want him in Brawl. We're all Diddy fans here. (Except you, apparently) Why are we lucky you're bored? Are you gonna throw a kinetically charged crawfish through the interent at us if we make you mad enough?

And uh, I can say that because I'm cajun.

Diddy for Brawl. Rock on.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
kin3tic-c4jun-3, seeing as how you keep complaining that you're the victim we're all mistreating here with only a 'few non-legitimate' points in your posts, here's everything you said from the beginning.

I don't want Diddy in Brawl, because he looks too childish.

Pikachu, Yoshi, Kirby, we have childish characters, and you bet we'll be getting more with AT's, Pokeballs, trophies and stickers (a fairly childish pastime, if you ask me). Surprise, kids play these games. Granted, this feature will be the more 'mature' of previous titles, but Sakurai said Snake will fight in a more "comical" sense, not like a clown, but he definitely won't be silting throats. So if you expect Snake being in automatically means more than a T rating, you'll be disappointed

I shouldn't make my descision on appearances? My good folk, look at Tingle.

So? Tingle is one of the most popular Zelda characters in Japan, and his game (a pretty good one, IMO) is being translated for PAL and NA regions, so Tingle has a chance of appearing as an AT, if not character (It's possible, but I'm not expecting it)

Diddy's a chimp with a hat, who eats bananas. Compare that to a man with a beard who has a rocket launcher, and you've got to be either an idiot, or 2 years old to say the chimp is better. Another thing is that while characters like Ness are childish, he does things like shoot fire, and beat people with a bat.

Diddy does cartwheels.

Sure, if you only say one trait about Diddy then compare him to something else made to sound great, he's gonna suck. I would much prefer a monkey who has grenades to a man with a mullet who sneaks around everywhere. See?
True enough, but my point is simply that I wouldn't find it to be a good addition becasue of personal reasons. Another thing is that to me, although Pokemon are childish, the're also:

Pokemon are in

a) Unique; all of them are interesting creations that you would never really see anywhere else, with amusing expressions or movements. When it comes down to it, Diddy is a monkey.

They are all not unique. In fact, most of them have been lame rip offs of earlier, ones since Ruby and Sapphire, anyway (Except Bidoof. I don't care what you say, Bidoof is awesome)

b) A big part of Nintendo; Countless Pokemon games vs. a couple of games that feature a better character's sidekick . Although DK is also a monkey, I find he fits better because he has a greater legacy, and is a main character/Nintendo icon (moreso than Diddy, factually).

DK is one of Nintendo's best selling franchises of all-time. Besides, Pikachu and Jiggly got in due to popularity, even though they were two of the many pawns of the Trainer, who is the main character and thus should have been in first because he is the main character. A popular sidekick wanted since Melee can make it in, no doubt.

c) Better and more impressive fighters; We're seeing electrical strikes, fire-breathing, claws, psionic blasts, beams of energy, or anything really. Again, Diddy is a monkey.

Again, you are generalizing Diddy without even mentioning any of his abilities in any of the game's he's been in since DKC

I'm sorry, but I just see way more feasability in other characters. One giant monkey in the game is enough to me.

It's a good thing Diddy isn't a clone of DK then
Well, truth be told I do and I don't.

I like him in his games; fits in to that environment fine.

But with a game like Brawl where there's already the big DK taking care of business, Diddy just won't seem all that great. It's like he's overshadowed by... everyone.

How can one of the most expected characters to get in the game make fans feel let down with a bad decision
Again, IC's are a main Nintendo character who have a history. Diddy was made to be a side kick, and while he has his own history, it's not as significant - granted, climbers never were TOO popular, but they were popular none the less.

IC's stared in one semi-successful game that, before Melee, was remembered only for nostalgic reasons. Two DK titles in the works, never a new IC game. Diddy more history with Nintendo than the IC's.

Another thing is that IC's along with G&W have been removed from Brawl according to inumerable sources.

People still believe this already-proven-false article?

I never said Diddy wasn't strong, I said he's not as cool. Squirtle provides me with a unique amusement, while Diddy is generic. I can go to a carnival to see monkeys do acrobatics.

Squirtle's moveset hasn't even been announced, who could easily be a Luigi-fied Bowser. Granted, he can easily be unique, as Diddy can be
It's poorly represented becasue there's only a select few who really like the series any more. Reason being that they made a poor technical transition to 3D, and they lost that addictive and fun gameplay they used to have in the side-scrollers.

There's a difference than the Donkey Kong Country games and the Donkey Kong series as a whole. So saying DKC fan's have been disappointed lately is true, but the Donkey Kong franchise is alive and kicking, selling like hot-cakes

When I think of the DK series I think of... well, Donkey Kong.

I think of Link for Zelda and Mario for Mario. They aren't the only characters for their series.

I really don't think the DK series deserves any more spotlight until they really revive their core game, along with their fan-base.

So, do you mean DK like the arcade or DKC?
Ask a hardcore gamer and something like RE4 would be at the top of their list.

So would Halo, God of War, Metal Gear, Devil May Cry, etc. These games, with the exception of Metal Gear, have nothing do with Nintendo. RE4 was released on PS2 as well (even though my copy clearly states "Only for Nintendo Gamecube" on it), so if we get Capcom rep, I think it will be a more RELEVANT, CHILDISH character like Megaman
But there aren't as many DK fans as Metroid fans, or RE fans, or Mario fans, or Zelda fans. And when it comes down to it, popularity determines character additions, plain and simple.

When you add up the sales, DK is in the top ten with Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and beats RE and Metroid.

And no, DK does not need more chars. What have they done with that franchise in the past 10 years? Nothing but gimmickey, younger audience, deviations that aren't TRUE DK titles. There are many, many other characters and franchises that need spots in this game besides DK.

The real question is not whether they are TRUE arcade-style DK titles, but are they selling? Are they accepted by the public? Are they getting positive reviews and feedback? Yes, they are.

This isn't Mario Tennis, or Mario Golf. Not Diddy Kong's Racing or Mario Kart. This is Brawl, and this is where the big boys come to play.

Because Yoshi and stickers are so bad ***
Even still, he's a side character no matter how you look at it. He's second to others.

In his own series, yes, DK will always appear playable before him (Except where Diddy is the main character, in CANON games and spin-offs). If you want to bring an un-repped Nintendo series in, it depends on how new/old and popular they are.
He's been around longer, and is part of what is possibly THE biggest Nintendo title - ever. And YOU don't boot people lol...

Yeah, and see how much Zelda and Mario rep there is?

But the characters would be more plausable; fighters that play a main role. Read back to my other posts, and I've already explained quite a few things that people aren't considering

No, Diddy is 1st party, therefore has more priority over any 3rd party character like Pacman, Megaman or Sonic

I don't feel like repeating myself. I'm starting to think I'm arguing with kids.

My thoughts exactly[/B

lol I give up...

No, you don't :p
Don't provoke me, otherwise I might upset you by saying 'Diddy doesn't look cool'.

Which has been your very argument all along. The only reason you ever brought up the stuff in your past posts was to try and make it look like you had something else to back it up with
How can you possibly deny that a character like Snake or Link, is not as cool as a character like Diddy, unless you're 12?

Dude, you think 12 year old kids don't think those characters are cool? With Snake, which kid has never wanted to blow something up with a grenade or RPG? Who's never wanted to go on the epic quests Link takes? You don't give kids enough credit.

I said it before, and I'll say it again:
The DK series has gone down hill, and DK is good enough for Smash.

Diddy looks ********. The only reason you could like him is if you're a die-hard fan, as proven by all the idiotic "Diddy 4 Brawl!!" responses.

Here we go back do the "Diddy looks stupid" posts

I'd rather see someone like Isaac from Golden Sun in Brawl, because that suits my tastes, and a game that revolves around fighting, better.

You bet your *** that Isaac had better make it in this game. And a character whose never had a shred of fighting capability can be translated into Brawl

All you've people have said are things like "Diddy is popular enough", but I'm sorry to say it again (and again, and again), but the DK series has lost a load of it's popularity since it's golden years. FACTUALLY, popularity and relevance puts characters in Brawl.

DKC fans have, yes, but DKC aren't the only Donkey Kong games

DK is not relevant or popular in this day and age. You can't argue that - it's fact. DK has been overshoadowed by some handheld games for the past 10 years. I've been saying this and no one's listening.

Wow. That's all I can say.

Yes, Pokemon can look ******** as well. Yes, there are childish characters. My point is that we don't need more of them, and characters that look more like actual fighters are better.

Better get used to the fact that Nintendo always has had a reputation of being a Family-friendly company with characters like Kirby and Pikachu and not too many characters like Kratos or Dante

I'm not saying Diddy won't be in Brawl. I'm saying other characters deserve more spots. I'd rather see Shiek return than a monkey. You guys are making yourself look like idiots or children by arguing that Diddy pwns all, and 'rocks' because he plays one melody with a guitar.

Holy ****, I never realized there were more characters that could make it than Diddy[/sarcasm]

Actually, I take it all back. I really do hope Diddy is in, because then I can snap his neck with someone I like to call Snake. Here's hoping we get online too!

Diddy 4 Brawl!!!

It could have ended here, but no, you decided to look back.

Weeeellll if you had a shred of zeal in you, you'd know I'm not - but besides that - this argument is coming down to a matter of personal tastes, I find

If you don't like childish games, then don't buy Brawl

RELEVANCE.

I'm sorry, but Diddy has always been more popular than Pit. And saying Pit has gotten into Brawl while Diddy hasn't gotten in it ludicrous seeing how we only know a few of the characters in Brawl

Boy, you sure have figured me out. Just because I played Donkey Kong means I've never played Resident Evil or God of War. I could have sworn that's a 360 and PS2 next to my Wii, but I guess I'm wrong

I agree that all the "DIDDY FOR BRAWLZZZ!!!" comments don't help his chances

Any character not in the Mario franchise has appeared in less games than Luigi. And even if he is a side-kick (Which I do not deny), that automatically makes him a bad fighter for brawl?

I just showed where your logic comes from. You would never have said any other BS you said if people didn't say "Diddy looking dumb is a stupid reason".

Yes, because everyone who supports Diddy is an idiot. There's a great way to make a reputation, insult everyone

Talendime

Smash Ace
you pre-schoolers
Is that really necessary? Like, really?

Diddy's side-kick personna, less games than say - LUIGI
A while ago (about 60 pages back), I actually made a point about how Diddy is less of a sidekick than Luigi. It's kind of funny that someone thinks the exact opposite. Hmm..
Anyway, I say this because
1.Diddy is actually a better character than Donkey Kong in the games
2.He is the main character of DKC2
3.He's more like Donkey's partner, beside him at all times. A sidekick is usually someone that just gets called on from time to time.

Either way, I don't hate you to disagree, so feel free.

his monkey-like appearance...adds up to the fact that he's irrelevant, and would not make a good Brawl character.
As opposed to Donkey's what, flamingo-like appearance? No, NO, they ARE the same, and Donkey is an excellent character.
Just out of curiosity, have you played the DKC series?

You geniuses
Oh my God and again..

You geniuses quote one comment out of a million other points I made, and then act as if my argument is invalid.
I know what you mean by that. That would be the fruit of biased opinions.. Yet not always. Maybe they think that the very part they quoted is what's invalid, and choose to only quote what they want to argue with.

And instead of making logical points against my argument, you 'fix posts', or just throw in the good old "Diddy 4 Brawl".
Totally with you there. That **** is ****ing annoying. You won't see that from me.

Clearly, this is a topic based on fanism and nothing more.
I wouldn't go that far....

I disagree... Diddy 4 Brawl!!

I'M JOKING I'M JOKING hahahhh ohhh....

Kentalish

Smash Lord
after looking at the persons sig above me it would make me feel horrible if diddy was a duo with dixie man that would be GG to a original moveset cartwheeling peanut popgun shooting guitar playing jetpack riding monkey with nintendo on his hat. For all the people saying hes a DK clone or be paried with dixie.(btw tiny replaced dixie in dk64 witch is really weird) diddy has 3 games that would make a awsome moveset DC1 DC2 DK64. I wasn't good with Ice Climbers but that doesnt meen they weren't good... they were actually the second characters i played, but they might be completly different play style. If they put dixie in the game she should be a AT.I think that because that way at least 3 DK people are in the game and the Diddy supporters would be happier.

Diddys A moves would involve his tail cartwheels and flips
the B moves would be peanut guns chimpy charge the but slam and his recovery would be his jetpack
and his final smash could be his guitar or jetpacks with homing peanuts that can still miss like samus's forward B

I am typing this at 2 in the morning PDT and i wrote all this.... How did i do for being tired?

ohh and one last thing...

DIDDY KONG SOLO FOR BRAWL!!!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Wait, Diddy's not a Nintendo All Star?! If anything, he's by far more of a All Star than about half of the Melee cast. Even in just the second game he was in, he already had a staring role. Which isn't just a forgotten SNES game, cause it got ported BOTH on the Wii Virtual Console and the GBA.

And don't get me started about Ness, Sheik, Roy, Zelda, Peach, Dr.Mario, Pichu, Jigglpuff, Ice Climbers and Mr.Game & Watch here... Neither of them are Nintendo All Stars, yet all made it to Melee.

Besides, Diddy Kong Racing DS sold better than Twilight Princess in Januari, got a lot of promotion, is a very good racing game which even though it's a remake it can easly rival Mario Kart DS. And the best of all is... Donkey Kong - who you claimed he would overshadow Diddy in every single game he was in - isn't even playable let alone IN this game.

That, and Diddy's playable in a lot of Mario Sports... Just think of it, a character created by RARE - a company who left Nintendo in 2001/2002- is now playable alongside Mario easly the greatest videogame icon in the world. Try and beat that!

God dayum... Do you even read MY posts? I'm not gonna explain again that Diddy's by far more than just DK's sidekick. Infact, Diddy's got his own sidekick : Dixie Kong now please shut up. >_>;

Pit got in Brawl cause he's a retro character, and a populair and unique one at that. Even though his double daggers are completely made up. And who said that Diddy can't be in the game cause Pit's in? Maybe Diddy didn't got accounced cause... Perhaps DK himself got confirmed not that long ago?? Please come with better reasoning...

Just because Diddy isn't a blonde, spikey haired- heavy bladed weilded- RPG hero doesn't mean he doesn't earns his spot in Brawl. And most of us don't even think of Diddy as 'cool' but rather as 'funny'. Can't we just have another fun character in Brawl? So far, the only real funny characters in Melee imo where Yoshi, Mr.Game & Watch and Jigglpuff... All the cool Nintendo characters are already in or basically guranteed to return: Ike, Link, Samus, Snake and Ganondorf... Maybe Fox and Falco? There you have it.

Conclusion: Diddy for Brawl!!

Del Money

Smash Champion
obviously true, but you were the one making assumptions about me first.try not a be a hypocrite. anyways...
Diddy in Brawl would be odd, because it's a Nintendo All-star game. Diddy is simply not a Nintendo STAR CHARACTER, and I'm *sure* he'd be bland.
if Diddy's is not a Nintendo all star character then tell me who is. Metaknight? Captain Falcon? how are either of them more popular than Diddy.
What can they do with him? Kartwheels are boring. Give him a jet pack and now you are jsut getting plain rediculous.
so is Jigglypuff's sing attack. and if jetpack's are "rediculous", the tell me Peach pulling out Toad isnt...go on...tell me
I don't want this game to turn into a circus, and it pains me to see some who believe that any character that has anything to do wth Nintendo should be in - regardless of lameness, or irrelevance.
really? because Ike is about (by your definition) as irrevelant as they come. prior to melee no one outside Japan knew who the hell he was.
but you're just making yourself look dumber. Why did Pit get in Brawl instead of Diddy who has been around way longer?
now YOURE making yourslef look dumber...automatically assuming that Pit is in brawl over Diddy. youre not Sakurai, and ill bet Diddy is a much more popular choice than Pit any day. you MIGHT have had a point had Pit been in melee

RELEVANCE.

Not only this, but the responses are full of child-like fanism responses, and seriously - enough with the 'Diddy 4 Brawl' comments, you're making yourself look dumb.
i could say youre a child for liking anime...would that make me sound mature? no. so quit pretending youre superior
Now, I'm going to get:

- flamed
- ignored
- teased

no i think you just like pretending youre an adult when youre not even out of high school yet. maybe youll fool people alot easier if your arguments held water
might as well make you right about ONE thing...

Diddy 4 Brawl

Talendime

Smash Ace
after looking at the persons sig above me it would make me feel horrible if diddy was a duo with dixie man that would be GG to a original moveset cartwheeling peanut popgun shooting guitar playing jetpack riding monkey with nintendo on his hat. For all the people saying hes a DK clone or be paried with dixie.(btw tiny replaced dixie in dk64 witch is really weird) diddy has 3 games that would make a awsome moveset DC1 DC2 DK64. I wasn't good with Ice Climbers but that doesnt meen they weren't good... they were actually the second characters i played, but they might be completly different play style. If they put dixie in the game she should be a AT.I think that because that way at least 3 DK people are in the game and the Diddy supporters would be happier.
What? No... Not a duo.. A tag-team silly! Down+B FTW!
Here, this is what I'm thinking:

Diddy:

A-punch
>A-tail whip
VA-flipping tail whip
^A-throws his hat a short distance upward (with POWER!!). If it doesn't hit something, it takes longer to return to him, but works like a boomerang vertically.

B- The peanut guns.....
>B-Cartwheel attack, covers very large distance
VB-DK barrel appears, in hops Diddy, out pops Dixie
^B-Vine appears, swings upwards...Or the Jetpack thing.. I like that one too.

Dixie: Incase you didn't know, Dixie has obnoxiously long hair. She does many things with it...I imagine her grab move would involve her hair as well, just like the way she picked up and held enemies/objects with her hair in her featured games.

A-punch
>A-hair whip
VA- Flipping down, attacks with both hair and tail.
^A-Uses her hair in a manner that resembles Mario's Down+B attack, except she remains stationary.

B-Hides in a barrel as long as button is held down, bursts out of the barrel when released, damage depending on how long she was in the barrel.
>B-Hurls a wooden barrel using her hair.Occasionally, the barrel contains TNT.
VB-See Diddy's
^B-Helicopter attack. Very much the same as Donkey Kong's Up+B, except she uses her hair, of course..

As for their taunts/Final Smash...... I got nothin'

But does that make you feel better? I think this actually has a very good chance seeing as how Sheik, atleast as I see it, won't be returning.. (I could be wrong, of course)

Jordo

Smash Apprentice
In defense of Donkey Kong needing another representative I would like to bring to attention that a documentary on the History of Donkey Kong came out yesterday. To see the ign review of it here's the link:
http://movies.ign.com/articles/813/813381p1.html

Honestly, a game and franchise that has garnered enough success to be any film of sort no matter if it's good/bad, fictional/documentary, deserves some boosted prestige in Super Smash Bros. Donkey Kong Country franchise is still quite popular, and possibly even more innovative with its unconventional use of the DK Bongos in the psuedo platformer Jungle Beat. Even Donkey Konga has attracted mainstream music acts to supply their music to game. Not that much different of the Guitar Hero Franchise. Needless to say, Donkey Kong is bigger than just gaming. It has disrupted into other fiscal markets. Donkey Kong from day one in 1981 has revolutionized gaming and when ressurected in 1994 he did again and has continued to do it in new ways. For this reason alone, Donkey Kong should have another representative in Brawl. Diddy Kong is the absolute logical, desirable choice. IN the DKC series, Diddy was huge. DKC2, was vastly superior to DKC and Diddy was the star, everyone who owned the game can recall in 1995 that Super Mario RPG and DKC were the best selling games of that year. Next and i think more importantly, Diddy Kong Racing. If anyone recalls back in the 4th quarter of 1997, if you owned Goldeneye and Diddy Kong Racing with 4 controllers, you were probably one of the coolest kids in your class. OR if you had a friend that owned Goldenye, DKR, and 4 controllers, you considered him/her that they were the coolest kid in class. DKR held a Guiness World Record for Fastest Selling Game of All Time until Ocarina of Time broke the record a year later, which wouldn't be beaten again until Halo in 2001. Diddy Kong Racing had a WORLD RECORD PEOPLE. Not often you can say a game has a world record. Heck, it was a great game to boot, and they even remade the game for the nintendo ds. Yes, Smash Bros is a game, but as we all know it is a celebration of Nintendo's greatest and nintendo fan's favorites. And everyone in the thread has countinued to prove that Diddy Kong is without a shadow of a doubt a favorite. But I think that now, I hopefully have proved that Diddy Kong, with his importance to a franchise spanning TWENTY-SIX years, being in multiple best-selling titles (I didn't even touch DK64, where all of his badass moves come from), starring in 2 SNES bestsellersand game of the years, and starring in a WORLD RECORD HOLDING bestseller for the N64 (Not to mention the game was the launchpad for BANJO and CONKER, now rival franchises of nintendo, rare better remember that), is not only great enough for a spot in brawl, but NEEDS a spot in brawl. The people who constantly bash on Diddy not being worthy enough of a brawl spot clearly does not understand how important Diddy really has been in his contributions to gaming. With that I end my extended statement of why Diddy needs to be in this game. Thank you.

Top Bottom