• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

h2ownage

Smash Journeyman
Victoria, Australia. We have Strikers already! For
Just posting is enough. We already know your a Diddy fan from your avarar. ;) Xianfeng -the guy who made this thread- is pretty much gone from SWF so I doubt you'll ever get on the page of Diddy fans but support is always welcome. :p Btw thanks for your comment on the moveset, I dunno if you knew yet but I made the thing... XD
That's cool. Yeah, the moveset is great because it actually follows some moves of his from games like his Peanut guns and Barrel Jet! Great game that one was.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
dont add me to the fan club since im not a fan.
I support Diddy (not to confused with the rapper) for Brawl. He has plenty of potential.

But would he be so bad as a duo with Dixie Kong? (*runs*)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nope, I don't think that it'd be so bad at all. However, I wouldn't like to see Diddy getting overpowered by lets say... Pikachu when Dixie is knocked out. That would be totally wrong, since Diddy has pretty much proved enough times to be a capable adventurer alone.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
characters rounding will be more appropriate since power and speed is very broad in smash

also in mario games diddy has some inconsistency in power

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
True, Diddy's suprisingly strong in Mario Power Tennis. However in Mario Strikers Charged he's a Playmaker, which means high movement and passing but low shooting and defence. I still say he'd be around the strenght of Young Link, maybe even a bit better.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
and now the diddy fanbase grows

anyway if diddy is in does he deserve his own stage
(one dk jungle stage and one diddyesqe stage)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
As long as diddy has his orange grenades his peanut pistols from Dk64 and he jet packs i'm good

Ohh and Diddy kong can have his Theme song from Diddy kong racing

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Meh. I won't die if Diddy doesn't make it in. I think being paired with Dixie would be cute though. Hopefully not as strong as ICs...

h2ownage

Smash Journeyman
Victoria, Australia. We have Strikers already! For
I just had an idea that has probably been posted (believe it or not i didn't read 185 pages of this thread) so I'm sorry if it has. I'd like to see his orange grenades incorporated somehow, like Moon Monkey said just above, because they were really cool. Maybe he could lob one for his B--> or pull one out (like Link) as a down B. Just brainstorming.

SlashandBurn

Smash Rookie
A land down under, handing holidayers vegemite san
Diddy Kong should be Brawl. He's one of the most requested players, and the fact that the DK series has only one character is a crime. An example moveset could be;

B: Orange Grenades- Throws one grenade in the direction that Diddy is facing and uses his tail to throw one backwards. A short pause before they explode.

B-Side: Cartwheel- As the name suggests

B-Down: Guitar Spike- Diddy uses his tail to bounce up, whips out his guitar and points it downwards and spikes the opponent

B-Up: Bongo Boost- A combination of Fox's Fire Fox and Pikachu's Quick Attack. Diddy uses his jetpack to launch himself upwards, but the direction can be changed with a tilt of the control stick.

Final Smash:
I have two ideas for this
1. Air Raid
Diddy takes to the sky and begins dropping grenades down below. Last for about 10-12 seconds
2. Screaming Solo
Diddy plays a massive guitar solo sending shockwaves, damaging everyone they touch

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
I'm for Diddy, although I really don't see the point of creating a petition and trying to get noticed.

I'm not too concerned about his moves, but hopefully his walks/runs/jumps like the classic SNES games. Dixie would make a great clone.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Too bad he probarly will. Whoever else you'd think would be the secondary DKC character?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i have to bring this thread back up, cause there is a heated discussion about the new Assist Trophies, and everyone is worried diddy will become one.

Don't worry about it, diddy is not going to be an AT. actually, i think this improves his chances of being a singular character. i think Dixie may become an AT, leaving Diddy to fend for his own, and that's the way i like it

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I'm putting it down to the initial shock of the update, once people calm down they'll realize that the more likely characters are actually pretty safe.

And seriously, Diddy as an AT??? Some people really aren't thinking straight.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It could get even worse, Diddy and Dixie will be Assisst Trophies but have to share them with each other. But no, I honestly don't think that Diddy will be an Assisst Thropy. Diddy, MetaKnight and Wario where always heavily suggested characters since Smash 64 and now after MetaKnight and Wario made it, Diddy's the only one left.

In my opinion, Diddy is THE character that deserves it the most to be in Brawl. He's still appearing in a lot of games, and even though Rare's gone Diddy's roles in cameo Mario games are getting bigger and bigger unlike other characters -yeah I'm looking at YOU Waluigi.

Besides, it's not like Diddy would be really hard to program like let's say Ridley... How awesome Ridley might be, today's update really makes me doubt his inclusion to the playable roster. Samurai Goroh also unfortunately didn't made it, but yeah... F.Zero isn't quite as "big" as Donkey Kong. DK needs another representitive. That F.Zero got a representitive in the first place is already pretty neat, another one is a little too much perhaps?

K.Rool and Rambi however would make very nice Assisst Thropies. Maybe K.Rool could have 3 different ones, his King self, his Kaptain self and his Baron self. But yeah, Diddy SHOULD be playable.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
nah, K. Rool will make it.

if anyone from the DK series makes it as an AT, it will probably be the rest of the Kongs (Dixie, Kiddy, Lanky, Chunky, and Tiny) and maybe the Kremlings for K. Rool

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well let's hope so, K.Rool would be an awesome addition. It's just a shame that Nintendo just doesn't use him. But he's gonna appear in the 2 new PAON- DK games; Donkey Kong Jet and DK Jungle Climber so it's not like there's a new DK villian. But Diddy's really all which is needed, the rest would just be nice additions.

All other Kongs would be nice Assisst Thropies indeed, but I honestly wouldn't like all DK Assisst Thropies to "just" be... ya know... Kongs. The DKC franchise has a lot more to offer than that. Different sort of Kremlings and/or animal buddies I would appriciate much more. Cranky also would be sweet, he could throw in some old skool **** ala Donkey Kong Arcade.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think that a Diddy/Dixie tagteam and (a little less likely) K. Rool are the only DK characters that have a shot. Diddy alone doesn't really have that "Whoa" factor for me. His suggested specials remind me of Fox's specials (Peanuts=laser, chimpy charge=fox illusion, jetpack=firefox) and his stat combination has already been done. He really offers nothing but fanservice (and that is where the AT comes in). For those characters that are popular, but really cannot provide anything new to the game. I think Samurai Goroh met this fate. Yes, he is a rival and probably the only other racer from Falcon's franchise worth getting in if one had too. But we have sword characters and more unique ones at that.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Well let's hope so, K.Rool would be an awesome addition. It's just a shame that Nintendo just doesn't use him. But he's gonna appear in the 2 new PAON- DK games; Donkey Kong Jet and DK Jungle Climber so it's not like there's a new DK villian. But Diddy's really all which is needed, the rest would just be nice additions.

All other Kongs would be nice Assisst Thropies indeed, but I honestly wouldn't like all DK Assisst Thropies to "just" be... ya know... Kongs. The DKC franchise has a lot more to offer than that. Different sort of Kremlings and/or animal buddies I would appriciate much more. Cranky also would be sweet, he could throw in some old skool **** ala Donkey Kong Arcade.
yeah, Cranky would be cool. maybe Candy will come out, she does a dance, and all the males will stare at her, while the females get all jealous and don't fight, or Funky comes out with tons of firepower and blows the shi* out of everything

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think that a Diddy/Dixie tagteam and (a little less likely) K. Rool are the only DK characters that have a shot. Diddy alone doesn't really have that "Whoa" factor for me. His suggested specials remind me of Fox's specials (Peanuts=laser, chimpy charge=fox illusion, jetpack=firefox) and his stat combination has already been done. He really offers nothing but fanservice (and that is where the AT comes in). For those characters that are popular, but really cannot provide anything new to the game. I think Samurai Goroh met this fate. Yes, he is a rival and probably the only other racer from Falcon's franchise worth getting in if one had too. But we have sword characters and more unique ones at that.
Yes, Diddy, tagteam Kongs and K.Rool are the only characters that have a change being playable. But I don't get why Diddy should be an Assisst Throphy... MetaKnight also doesn't has this "Whoa" factor on me and neither does Zero Suit Samus which I still believe is just a replacement for Sheik.

Diddy can easly be unique. He could easly have a moveset without the Chimpy Charge and the Peanut Popguns. Besides, I don't see any connection between the Chimpy Charge and Fox's >B...

They can easly give Diddy some breakdance sorta moveset. I could totally see him doing a sort of walking-breakdance move like Sheik's DSmash for his neutral B move for example. You'd be able to position Diddy's moves which would make it a pretty unique move.

His side B could be a chargeable cartwheel, which would be similair to Jiggly's Rollout except it'd stop when Diddy's entering a cliff or edge and a little more powerful uncharged but weaker fully charged.

However his Up B has to be the Barrel Jetpack... That's pretty much fixed after Diddy has used it in Mario Sports and the upcomming game DK Jet be completely focussed on these things. But they could also randomly give him a Barrel Cannon for recovery... Just throwing out ideas.

And even though Diddy might not be the most unique of characters on his own, Sakurai has shown intresst in the Diddy and Dixie tagteam idea which gives Diddy (and Dixie) the potential of being one of the most unique characters in Brawl. And he doesn't even needs a hog or a nuclear fart attack for that!

Throwing away a character like Diddy and just make him an Assisst Thropy is just a waste I think. People are going all crazy since Samurai Goroh isn't playable, but that doesn't mean anything since characters like Diddy and Ridley where suggested thousands of times more than Samurai Goroh even though he'd be sweet. That we're getting F.Zero representation at first is already sweet, and I already had doubts for another representation (same with other franchises like Yoshi's Island, Earthbound and WarioWare) so maybe it's just a little too much?

Besides, the last time I checked the terms Donkey Kong -or hell even Diddy Kong- where much bigger than F.Zero and Earthbound.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
right on Diddy Kong (the SWF user, not the monkey, yeah your username is kinda confusing)

but i just wanted to come in and say smash will be...well...

"It's on like Diddy Kong!"

Diddy for Brawl

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes my name is confusing... It used to be kick *** before Diddy got discussed a lot. >_<
Anyways, yeah Playable Diddy for Brawl!

And good to see ya back GreenKirby! How've you been doing?

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
yeah, Cranky would be cool. maybe Candy will come out, she does a dance, and all the males will stare at her, while the females get all jealous and don't fight, or Funky comes out with tons of firepower and blows the shi* out of everything
Man, now you got me hoping that they'll make an arrangement of some of the themes from DK64, especially Funky's theme, that one was awesome (it doesn't hurt that I've recently seen Youtube clips of the end of the game, either. Now where the heck is my friggin' 64? I want to play that game so much!).

Ahem. Now then, what if Funky used the Boot Bazooka from the end of DK64? Or, to be even more oldschool, what if he used that barrelplane from the old DK Country games whilst shooting?

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I've been doing good. Since the booming all across the internet about the Assist Trophies, I came back. lol

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
they should use a theme from dk64, that game was great. it's been a while since i played it so i can't think of a theme that would be great. i've just always loved angry aztec alot.

diddy for brawl

Top Bottom