• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah but Miyamoto said sorry about that comment a while later. The guy was just pissed that DK took a whole different route than he wanted him to and thus he just had to *****. Ohh yeah and make horrible games as Mario vs Donkey Kong and Jungle Beat... >_>

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
here are what i think some of his moves could be, be warned, they are a little n64 based

B: peanut popguns- diddy pulls out his pistols and fires 3 shots. About as much damage as foxes pistol.
B>: chimpy charge- diddy charges up for 3 seconds, then runs across the stage, does about as much damage as yoshi’s egg roll and the enemy can get caught in the charge like with marril’s charge. Diddy will stop if he comes to an edge.
B^: Jetpack- diddy pull out his jetpack and flies in the direction you point him, goes about as far as foxes b^ except slower, with no lag at the beginning, and direction can be controlled while moving. Can be knocked off of jetpack.
Bv: Banana peel- diddy pulls out a giant banana peel like in MK: double dash, works similar to peach’s turnip move except enemies will slide uncontrollably across stage as if they were on ice.

Super Move: electric guitar- diddy gets out his electric guitar and plays a massive riff, shooting musical notes everywhere, works similar to the unown poke ball except in all directions and causes decent knock back.

AAA combo- the tailspin combo move from DK64, except faster
Dash A- the cartwheel move from DKC
Smash A- diddy elbows you
Ariel A- diddy does a cannon ball and spins in the air with his tail doing damage, the tip of which does the most damage.
Up smash- diddy does a back flip, his feet doing the most damage.
Ariel back A- like sheiks but with both feet and less damage.
Arial down A- like DK’s but less damage

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Actually it's pretty good, but just like all Diddy movesets one sided. Diddy's moveset write itself like I said before. But still it's a good attempt. I'm thinking of remaking my moveset (the one in the first post) sometime when I've got enough time...

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i don't know, i think i gave him rep from alot of games, although the problem is is that he had so many moves in 64

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i think the best strikers rep would be a soccer ball that all characters could use. you couldn't pick it up though, you have to kick it

Blood-Hawk88

Smash Rookie
I really want Diddy Kong in brawl i am a huge fan of Diddy since i have been a child :) you can add me in Diddy Kong's fan!!

The Director

Smash Lord
I agree that Diddy's final smash should be his guitar, but Diddy only had the guitar in DK64.. Dixie was the one with the guitar in DKC2, and Diddy had the beatbox. (complete with sunglasses and backwards hat)

But the guitar would still work nonetheless.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why not combine all music instruments? The move could be called KONG-cert and would have Diddy playing the guitar, the bongo's from the Konga games and do... something with the beatbox. I imagine Diddy sitting, plugging his guitar and bongo's into the beatbox and then playing the guitar with his hands while playing the bongo's with his feet. Would be a very funny Final Smash if you ask me. XD

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Why not combine all music instruments? The move could be called KONG-cert and would have Diddy playing the guitar, the bongo's from the Konga games and do... something with the beatbox. I imagine Diddy sitting, plugging his guitar and bongo's into the beatbox and then playing the guitar with his hands while playing the bongo's with his feet. Would be a very funny Final Smash if you ask me. XD
interesting idea dude, but i would still perfer his guitar. no one can shred like diddy!

(hey maybe diddy should be a player in the upcoming Guitar Hero III, but only the Wii version, of course)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Is Guitar Hero also comming for the Wii? That'd be awesome! So far, I've only heard good things about it. Dunno if it'd be a good idea to have Nintendo characters playable though.

gamerpie

Smash Rookie
diddy kong was the best character is DK64 by far. just from that game alone they could create an awesome moveset
Diddy Kong for brawl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Is Guitar Hero also comming for the Wii? That'd be awesome! So far, I've only heard good things about it. Dunno if it'd be a good idea to have Nintendo characters playable though.

yes guitar hero is coming to the wii. i'm very excited i love the franchise. anyway what about nintendo themes as playable tracks?

oh and diddy for brawl!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mwah, Guitar Hero should still be attractive for more "mature" gamers. Nintendo's music is fine, but I think it'd be better to just leave Guitar Hero for what it is. Nintendo is very good in twisiting 3rd party games into their own likings a little too much, and that might ruin Guitar Hero Wii... I can already see the IGN and Gamespot forums full with threads hating the Wii version for Guitar Hero, I don't want that for a change... >_<;

Ohh yeah and Diddy for Brawl. :p

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
you could be right. i don't care nonetheless i'm buying the game anyway i love it. and the music already announced for it makes me want it even more. and since activision is behind it we have a more likely chance for master tracks instead of covers (i freakin hate Beast and the Harlot in number II, the guys who played it sucked, they needed Avenged Sevenfold to play the song)

sorry for rambling about GHIII, but i love it as much as i love Diddy and his chances being in brawl

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Diddy will NOT be a ****ing DK clone! >_< *Bites Pimpslap*

No really he wouldn't...

Fawriel

Smash Master
Silly Diddy Kong, everyone knows that the correct treatment in this case is poo-flinging.

So... I'll go ahead and do what I've done in the Geno thread, except worse.
I'm indifferent and maybe a little opposed to Diddy Kong because I can't see anything in him but some chimp in stereotypical little boy clothing.
He probably looks badass in Strikers: Charged artwork, but that style could make ANYTHING look badass.

I'm not hostile or anything, really. It seems extremely likely that Diddy's in, so I'd rather learn to like him beforehand. So, please, go ahead and try to convince me of how awesome he is.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Silly Diddy Kong, everyone knows that the correct treatment in this case is poo-flinging.

So... I'll go ahead and do what I've done in the Geno thread, except worse.
I'm indifferent and maybe a little opposed to Diddy Kong because I can't see anything in him but some chimp in stereotypical little boy clothing.
He probably looks badass in Strikers: Charged artwork, but that style could make ANYTHING look badass.

I'm not hostile or anything, really. It seems extremely likely that Diddy's in, so I'd rather learn to like him beforehand. So, please, go ahead and try to convince me of how awesome he is.
You can't imagine him looking badass in brawl? Shooting his peanut gun, doing cartwheels, the jet pack. He is totally cool.

I'd think he'd be one of the better additions of brawl, scary that Sakurai likes the idea of Diddy/Dixie duo more...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'd think he'd be one of the better additions of brawl, scary that Sakurai likes the idea of Diddy/Dixie duo more...
It gives me nightmares! :psycho: :urg: :) ;) :laugh: :chuckle:

But seriously, IC should be the only duo, otherwise we'll have 5 duos, thus killing the originality.

C'mon Sakurai, you can do better, just look at IC (minus the duo thing), DK, G&W, Ness, Fox, and Capt. Falcon, along with other original movesets. Be original with Diddy=one of the most desired characters, not stupid. Seriously, if Sakurai adds Diddy/Dixie as a team he'll have a lot more people P***** at him then if only one of them made it (myself included)!

Sariku

Smash Master
Does it matter that much..? Diddys cool, yes. But if hes not in it who gives a crap. Its like me, Lucario is one the most wanted I want in it, next to sonic, but do you see me whining about it?

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
diddy MUST get into this game, nintendo owes us for not having a decent dk game since dk64. is it me or does RARE make the only dk games worth buying?

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
..runs and throws rock at diidy... I just think it would be a cool ideal a fast dk would be nasty in all kinds of ways ,trade dk's reach and power for speed and nimbleness that would be awesome:lick:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Does it matter that much..? Diddys cool, yes. But if hes not in it who gives a crap. Its like me, Lucario is one the most wanted I want in it, next to sonic, but do you see me whining about it?
Ehhh instead you didn't noticed, Diddy's requested A LOT. It's almost guaranteed he'll be there, since now both Metroid and Kirby -which are somewhat smaller franchises than Donkey Kong- also got a second character. So, people do give a ****. I for example wouldn't give a **** if Lucario or Sonic (still against the idea honestly) wouldn't make it.

diddy MUST get into this game, nintendo owes us for not having a decent dk game since dk64. is it me or does RARE make the only dk games worth buying?
I actually like DK: King of Swing, very much so. I'm also looking forward to PAON's newest games DK Jungle Climber and DK Jet. But yeah, Rare's still the best with DK. Just don't let Nintendo themselfs touch him...

Lol, Rare is with Microsoft now.
Lol, Rare still made Diddy Kong Racing DS. They could easly make a DK game for the DS if they just wanted, since the DS and the XBox360 aren't concurents.

..runs and throws rock at diidy... I just think it would be a cool ideal a fast dk would be nasty in all kinds of ways ,trade dk's reach and power for speed and nimbleness that would be awesome:lick:
Well then go and cheer for DK Jr... >_< But yeah, a fast DK would be awesome. They could also just buff DK a bit, the guy really needs it after not being all to populair in both games. Besides, isn't brawling the exact thing where gorilla's should be good at? :p

Fawriel

Smash Master
... I'm disappointed. Where are the people trying to convince me of how awesome Diddy is?
So far, all I've gathered is that the DK franchise needs more reps, period.
Not too overwhelming.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
alright i'll give some examples

diddy can have an amazing moveset. i mean wouldn't you like to play as a chimp who can fly a jetpack and shoot peanuts out of pistols? he has a moveset of his own.

he adds that rep the dk series needed in melee (this is a must!)

currently very popular around the world and appears still in many games today

he's a monkey! monkeys rock!

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
Donkey Kong Country 2 was the best Donkey Kong game in my opionion so I don't think that 64 1 is the only 1 worth buying.
Well i think Diddy Kong should be in brawl.. And as a seperate character should be Dixie Kong also from Donkey Kong Country 2

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Hmmm... a small fast animal that can rapid fire a gun and use a jetpack as a recovery. Sounds like Fox to me.

Reasons for Diddy/ Dixie as a team

* Tag team could be the new take on the morph technique
* The DK franchise is KNOWN for tag teams (the ICs are not)
* Dixie would not get in on her own
* Two characters using themselves for moves (Diddy swinging Dixie around by the hair while she kicks wildly) is fun and hilarious
* Diddy really does not seem that he would add that much alone (Sounds like Fox)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
He doesn't need to be in either. But I say the DK franchise can use more reps. And Diddy use to fight with Dixie as a team. It is flavorful and they could actually fight using each other rather then copying each move like the IC's.

I am not saying Diddy cannot fight alone, but he can offer more by teaming up with Dixie. The DK Country games were all about teaming up.

Diddy alone sounds like Fox. Here are his predicted specials on this forum:

* Peanut Gun Poppers: shoots peanuts rapidly with no knockback
*Jet Barrel: Fires Diddy in a direction he chooses, a stream of fire behind him
* Chippy Charge: Sends Diddy horizantal quickly

Well I must say the Peanut poppers sound like Fox's blaster, the Jet Barrel sounds just like Fire Fox, and the charge sounds like the Fox illusion.

Plus people say Diddy should be quick and agile (little lag).

Very similar to Fox. And I took this suggestions on Diddy's "broad" moveset from this forum.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
well i guess you got us there. never really saw fox in diddy. well although donkey kong had teams since country, lately they've been going solo, especially since dk64. dixie is a cool character but diddy seems to be a better fighter on his own

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
I think that Diddy will be nothing like Fox(if he is in brawl) i think he will be better than fox.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In my opinion he sounds more like a mix between Pikachu and Fox. I can see him having Pika-like stats, not all too strong tilts, speedy attacks and fast running nice projectiles and recovery but pretty light.

I actually once had a dream about Brawl which had Diddy being a COMPLETE clone from Pikachu... O_O; I remember seeing Diddy doing a Thunder while shouting PIKAAAAAAAAA!

I'm not opposed to Diddy & Dixie team, actually I think that Diddy would be much more unique that way. But what I fear is that Diddy'll be hated cause of it. It actually WOULD be the best way to represent DKC...

Top Bottom